Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

I've officially stopped buying.

We move to the New Big House on October 18... I'm going to have my own private indoor grow room there. :thumbup:

We may have to become friends...better friends really.

I already consider you a friend :thumbup:

Just revisiting this post now, Harry... some day. :thumbup:

Would like to venture into the world of vaping, which I know next to nothing about. Without scouring through 12 pages, can anyone recommend an inexpensive but quality vaporizer/oils and a trusted site I could get them? TIA dudes.

I quit about a month ago. Needed a break as I was abusing some heavy duty chronic. I have these two kids who are partners that are by far the best drug dealers I've ever encountered. I shoot them a text and they respond immediately, every time. If they are running late, I get a courtesy call. Most times I leave a zip lock bag with money taped to the back of my recycling bin, shoot them a text and then I have a nice package waiting for me when I get home. Phenomenal service.

I'll likely grab a bag to use sparingly in the next few weeks but admit I'm enjoying my newfound sobriety.

It'll be 2 years in December for me. A clear head is a good thing. I still daydream about it sometimes though, hence why I still read this thread.

Would like to venture into the world of vaping, which I know next to nothing about. Without scouring through 12 pages, can anyone recommend an inexpensive but quality vaporizer/oils and a trusted site I could get them? TIA dudes.

The only one I use any more is Davinci's Ascent. I like to pre-program the 3-step vape: 7:10 @ 192, 7:10 @ 197, 7:10 @ 203. (temps centigrade). Makes for a really nice, thorough vape every time.

Hot Box Vapors has some nice and relatively inexpensive starter home vaporizers.

Are you looking for home only or portable? What budget?

I ve learned that you can waste money quick by buying a ####ty lower cost vape and repeating because of said suck.

id suggest spending at least 200 for a divinci or pax. I splurged for the Storrs-Bickel "Crafty" portable vape and its nothing less than awesome. The best vape proper Ive tried and their German engineering is really top notch and extremely well though out with the ability to change temps and settings via phone app. It was nearly 400 when I bought it but believe its come down.

If youve heard of the volcano - a home vape thats runs from like 700-1000 bucks depending on model, its the same company.

If you are REALLY trying to keep costs down, you could look into the Grenco PAX knockoff for like 90 bucks, but ive heard mixed reviews. I tried on of their pen vapes which was awesome in form factor and useability but was fraught with tech issues. But ive heard better things about the larger, PAX like model.

• Like 1

Hot Box Vapors has some nice and relatively inexpensive starter home vaporizers.

Got one of these a few weeks ago and haven't regretted it :thumbup: Effective and easy to use/clean.

Got one of these a few weeks ago and haven't regretted it :thumbup: Effective and easy to use/clean.
I bought mine because of someone's recommendation in this thread. Good starter and it can sit out if you keep the tubes and mouthpiece put away.
  • 1 month later...

How do you guys justify being stoned around your kids?

The same way we justify being drunk around our kids!

I don't have kids but I have been around kids when I am stoned. The kids seemed to prefer me to the drunk adults. Drunks can be capricious and hard to understand. Even stoned I am still me. I made sure dinner happened at a decent hour. I wasn't angry for no good reason or act crude around them. Not so much the drinkers all the time.

• Like 1

The same way we justify being drunk around our kids!

I don't have kids, but I would guess that's prettymuch it. Pot is easily a superior buzz in terms of how you react to the world around you. I enjoy both, but it's no contest.

Is there a ####in' manual I can read or something?

You can learn to do about anything from youtube.

I despise youtube. Any other way?

What exactly are you trying to learn? I'm sure somebody here can help you.
everything.

1) difference in plants/strains - loved reading that email, but understood little of it

1) Doesn't matter in the least. People will tell you that a sativa will give you a different high than an indica but they are marginal differences at best. I think they are now providing the THC % content and that is probably the only useful info you need (like ABV with alcohol). They will try to tell you about flavors, nuances and "notes" and that is complete and utter B.S. It's weed, you smoke it, it's not fine wine...and I consider those things to be complete and utter B.S. for wine too.

I couldn't disagree more. There is a vast difference in the highs and effects of a heavy indica strain and a heavy sativa strain. I think that it is amazing the breadth of different effects that you can get from marijuana, depending on the lineage of the strain.

Yeah there are definitely differences in strains. And they are more than minimal. Some make you lazy, some energize you, etc.

See? I told you that people would try to tell you that KP.

Don't stress over those things in the least.

What is there to stress over?

FWIW, different strains will have different percentages of active ingredients including not not limited to THC. Other stuff's going on too.

That said, I've been doing this for 25 years. I absolutely, 100% feel a difference. And if I have the same strain months or even years later, I will feel the same effects. I stay away from certain strains because they make me feel heavy and exhausted.

So scientific or not, I know 100% because, well, I actually feel a stark difference.

i was a "provider" in my younger years, and have smoked many different variations (nothing scientific but plenty of different sources), and agree 100% there are significant differences. I'm a little bit of the opposite from a couple of you guys here in that i like the sedative version much better and enjoy the slow down effect.

How would a person justify drinking around their kids? In my family, people are getting mad hammered left and right during every holiday, lots of kids are around. I am pretty sure that is how it works all across America. Now, if your point is that you think some people actually smoke the pot in front of the kids, I would agree with you that is not a good idea at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It's amazing how my oil/cookie recipe has spread through our circle of friends and some of my inlaws as well. I have a SIL who's very much the soccer mom type and now bakes cookies for her weekends down the shore with the other milfs. I guess the most surprising thing is how effective the prohibitionists were in setting the tone around it for so long. When I was younger it seemed like this edgy, possibly dangerous thing, but now common sense prevails and attitudes are completely different. And the addiction narratives couldn't be more wrong. One day I'll realize I haven't had a cookie or a bong hit in a couple of weeks and it's like yeah, I haven't had an egg roll or pepperoni pizza since then either, so what.

How do you guys handle transactions as adults?
I met a guy who works at a convenience store that gave me his number and mentioned he could help supply me with the green. 
I'd really like to give it a whirl in place of alcohol, but I've never so much as gotten a parking ticket in my life. I'm a huge wuss. A parking lot perfectly fine as long as you're sure there are no police around?  Not sure I'm comfortable going in the guys apartment - not in a great part of town and he deals all drugs, not just weed. Not that it makes him any worse of a person, but I feel like you're going to get less heat if you're a small time pot dealer. 

I don't want the guy coming in my house either or really knowing where I live. 

I have no balls, do I just need to take a Xanax and go for it?  I texted him that I'd like to talk but haven't followed up because I'm a big baby.  What's the worst that happens these days getting caught with a small personal amount of weed?  Career ender - permanent record?

TIA

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, John Bender said:

I met a guy who works at a convenience store that gave me his number and mentioned he could help supply me with the green. 
I'd really like to give it a whirl in place of alcohol, but I've never so much as gotten a parking ticket in my life. I'm a huge wuss. A parking lot perfectly fine as long as you're sure there are no police around?  Not sure I'm comfortable going in the guys apartment - not in a great part of town and he deals all drugs, not just weed. Not that it makes him any worse of a person, but I feel like you're going to get less heat if you're a small time pot dealer. 

I have no balls, do I just need to take a Xanax and go for it?  I texted him that I'd like to talk but haven't followed up because I'm a big baby.  What's the worst that happens these days getting caught with a small personal amount of weed?  Career ender - permanent record?

TIA

The first thing I did was to get my MMJ card after it was legalized in my state.  Right there, I get access to many "caregivers" who supply top-shelf weed at market price.  Then I started growing my own after that.  

3 minutes ago, John Bender said:

TIA

This is often a difficult situation, I empathize for sure. You're much better off trying to network through people you know, if even peripherally. 

I'm pretty sure if I recall correctly you live in a general area that I frequent once or twice a year and it happens that I know someone who can obtain the MOST INSANELY AWESOME materials of every format available. Allegedly I will be there in June and could possibly help, so if still interested just PM me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, McGarnicle said:

It's amazing how my oil/cookie recipe has spread through our circle of friends and some of my inlaws as well. I have a SIL who's very much the soccer mom type and now bakes cookies for her weekends down the shore with the other milfs. I guess the most surprising thing is how effective the prohibitionists were in setting the tone around it for so long. When I was younger it seemed like this edgy, possibly dangerous thing, but now common sense prevails and attitudes are completely different. And the addiction narratives couldn't be more wrong. One day I'll realize I haven't had a cookie or a bong hit in a couple of weeks and it's like yeah, I haven't had an egg roll or pepperoni pizza since then either, so what.

My brother bakes cookies and they taste amazing but I'm ashamed to admit I almost ruined my life last time I ate one. I've never been that stoned in my life and I ####### drove home like an idiot. Could've ruined my life or someone else's. I kept having to remind myself where I was every block. At one point I thought I was driving a horse home and I saw everything in a fog.

Anyway my awesome MIL dying of lung cancer gave me some edibles. Ill be eating them at home this time. Looking forward to them. Not sure when to eat them. Ones a chocolate candy and ones a mint chip sucking candy. Edibles take a very long time to hit my system. Usually the cookies take 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Every time I smoke I just get disappointed that it's not Vicodin. It's amazing that #### is legal but weed isn't. I don't yearn for weed. I can go a long time without it and not care. Meanwhile, I haven't taken a Vicodin in two years and there's not a week that goes by that I don't think about it. I have weed candy upstairs and I'll take it whenever but if I had a Vicodin upstairs you better believe I'd be taking one right now.

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

My brother bakes cookies and they taste amazing but I'm ashamed to admit I almost ruined my life last time I ate one. I've never been that stoned in my life and I ####### drove home like an idiot. Could've ruined my life or someone else's. I kept having to remind myself where I was every block. At one point I thought I was driving a horse home and I saw everything in a fog.

Anyway my awesome MIL dying of lung cancer gave me some edibles. Ill be eating them at home this time. Looking forward to them. Not sure when to eat them. Ones a chocolate candy and ones a mint chip sucking candy. Edibles take a very long time to hit my system. Usually the cookies take 90 minutes.

The edibles, those first few times you experience them are such awesome times :lmao:

basically though, you'll figure out what amount of what material has what effect, and you can adjust from there.

im gutted thinking of your mil dude, I've had more than my share of these experiences. I hope her final venue is a comfortable place and you guys can joke around and make it somewhat of a positive experience. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Week 3 vs. Rams we're there :headbang:

Saturday, August 27 @ mile high :cool:

Only possible conflict is local league draft but will push to get it moved.

Thoughts on a Denver cornhole that day? 

29 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

what in the mother #### does this mean?

it means 

A- I don't know how to delete your name on a phone

2- McGarnicle still hasn't given his recipe 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Not sure when to eat them. Ones a chocolate candy and ones a mint chip sucking candy. Edibles take a very long time to hit my system. Usually the cookies take 90 minutes.

Movie theater imo. 

I bet most all of us have a story about the first time we tried edibles, I know I do :bag:

6 hours ago, John Bender said:

TIA

We will take care of all this when we meet up, the sooner the better it sounds like. 

10 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

:popcorn: for this NFL schedule release. We're headed to Denver in August for wife's birthday, just waiting for the Broncos preseason schedule to pick the weekend.

That's funny. I just looked at the Dolphin's schedule and told my wife that the Jets game falls on her birthday, so that's where we're headed. Can't wait to see the finished stadium!

14 hours ago, John Bender said:

TIA

Yeah, you're being way too paranoid.  It's just weed.  Most cops don't even care about a little smoke now.  Some states its legal or decriminalized. With the worst cop, the most you'll get charged with is a misdemeanor and/or small fine.  Meet your connect in a Starbucks/Grocery parking lot and conduct your business there.  Or as others have said, ask your friends for a trusted referral for their "guy".  I've been smoking off and on for the better part of 20 years and haven't had any problems but do have a few parking tickets.  

I wouldn't advise smoking in public if you're worried but even that isn't a big deal anymore. You can also go the vape route as the smoke/smell is less obvious.  Most of my friends smoke the vapes in public and haven't had any issues (Houston and NYC).  

Have fun, relax and enjoy!

Edited by Major