What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (5 Viewers)

I know it's been talked about and there have been suggestions before but I'm looking for a reasonably priced portable herbal vape. I have the mflb, works ok just bored with it and looking for something more modern.  Broke my ankle and am laid up for a while, figured what better time to research. Thnx

One of the friends of our business is a grower / processor that has 500 lbs of shatter that he can't sell due to medical / rec licensing issues.  Sounds like he's dropping some of it off for the office on Thursday.     :unsure:  
Okay.  So as usual my boss was blowing smoke up everyone's ### about this shatter deal.   The guy dropped it off yesterday in a couple of small coolers.  There are one gram containers of shatter.  Probably a few hundred.  I grabbed two on the way out and just loaded some in my vape pen.  Medical grade sativa that is supposed to be ####.  I'll check back in just a bit.  

I know it's been talked about and there have been suggestions before but I'm looking for a reasonably priced portable herbal vape. I have the mflb, works ok just bored with it and looking for something more modern.  Broke my ankle and am laid up for a while, figured what better time to research. Thnx
Arizer Air, Boundless CF/CFX, Haze are a few good ones.  You could check out http://####combustion.com/. 

That site is the best I have found for vaporizer information.   First word in website is F. U. C. K. combustion.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Arizer Air, and DO NOT LOOK BACK @phowler13

I would enquire that you're getting the 2016 version though, as it built slightly differently, and has tiny little divots added into the ciramic to make drawing vapor a tad bit easier. It is absolutely effing phenomenal for a vaporizer, and the prices seem to be reasonable for it too now. 

Just got a shipment of Banana Kush and Palm Tree CBD (from Snoop's collection) - Both from my medical supplier up here in the great white north. Snoop hooked up with one of our producers and created a line for Canadians only, and the strains have been deadly so far. 

Been waiting like a kid in a candy shop for CBD Kush to be available again (will be out in a few weeks) from production. the BEST strain Ive ever smoked. Unbeatable at 9/14 thc/cbd ratio. Just phenomenal stuff.

My producer also is getting big into DNA Certified products, where the lineage is guaranteed from mother plants that are basically the gold standard. Banana Kush is one such strain, with a lot more coming out. 

Tweed is the name of the company if anyone is interested. Great website w a ton of info. Government regulated, they ship right to your front door w Canada Post.. sign for the package... smoke away! The world is a great place these days

@phowler13 I got the pax2 a few months ago, been pleased with it.  I can't compare it with others, but we've gotten our monies worth.  

It came with a 10 year warranty.

@phowler13 I got the pax2 a few months ago, been pleased with it.  I can't compare it with others, but we've gotten our monies worth.  

It came with a 10 year warranty.
Also a very good portable and the 10 year warranty is for real from what I have heard (meaning its not one of those sneaky fine print warranties) but I have no 1st hand knowledge.  I believe the Haze vaporizer line also has a 10 year warranty.

If you want better, get a desktop vape.  There not portable and if that is a necessity then disregard.  Desktops in my experience are just superior in almost every way.

With these portables, are you still bringing weed in a separate container if you're looking to maintain a high over multiple hours?  Do they have liquid thc yet like with nicotine?

With these portables, are you still bringing weed in a separate container if you're looking to maintain a high over multiple hours?  Do they have liquid thc yet like with nicotine?
I vape strictly at home but I have a few portables.  There are options I believe with some of them that have a small container attached to keep xtra.  There are some portables that are strictly dry herb, some that are just for oil/wax, and a few that do both.  I have a wax pen but almost all of those are load as you go and its sort of the same with the dry herb vapes.  I suppose most people probably carry some sort of stash bag or kit when they are out and about.

Extract here, almost exclusively. 

FlavRx and PureVape are the two cartridges I like the most. 

FlavRx has  a bigger variety of strains so far, but the Super Silver Haze PureVape I have is amazing.

Extract here, almost exclusively. 

FlavRx and PureVape are the two cartridges I like the most. 

FlavRx has  a bigger variety of strains so far, but the Super Silver Haze PureVape I have is amazing.
Does the extract have an odor to it either before being vaped or while vaping?   

I vape strictly at home but I have a few portables.  There are options I believe with some of them that have a small container attached to keep xtra.  There are some portables that are strictly dry herb, some that are just for oil/wax, and a few that do both.  I have a wax pen but almost all of those are load as you go and its sort of the same with the dry herb vapes.  I suppose most people probably carry some sort of stash bag or kit when they are out and about.
A few years back when I still smoked, I had the large at home vape as well which I liked.   I had a butane portable as well, but hardly ever used it.   They both were for just smoking the actual plant.   The real appeal of a portable would be if it was for vaping something that wasn't distinguishable from if you were just vaping nicotine.   It would be nice to be out and about and to be able to maintain a high.   Going the route of vaping the actual plant would be a little too noticeable for me.  I'd like to be very discreet about this.  

Before I could get the oil cartridges I was using an iolite.  Worked fine and they are cheap as hell.  I've heard good things about pax though too.

Does the extract have an odor to it either before being vaped or while vaping?   
It varies 

Like BlackBerry Kush smells like blackberries, but Grapefruit Kush smells like regular weed. I think most are way more mild of a weed smell if there's any all.

invested some league winnings in Pax 2....loved my original Pax but well worth the upgrade....didnt seem the 3 was worth it after researching the upgrades.  

Wife started complaining about smell so invested in the smoke buddy - anyone else use this?  First time last week and pretty sure it worked but she was sleeping so will need another run to see for sure....

invested some league winnings in Pax 2....loved my original Pax but well worth the upgrade....didnt seem the 3 was worth it after researching the upgrades.  

Wife started complaining about smell so invested in the smoke buddy - anyone else use this?  First time last week and pretty sure it worked but she was sleeping so will need another run to see for sure....
I use smoke buddies and they seem to help. 

One hit bats ...extremely efficient and cost effective, if not nearly as pleasurable as most other methods.
If you like those but want to kick combustion to the curb, Dynavap's Vapcaps are awesome... better than a lot of battery powered vapes that cost a lot more.  They provide a similar ritual to smoking, but the flavor, smoothness and extraction of a good conduction vaporizer.  They are beastly through a bubbler as well

If you like those but want to kick combustion to the curb, Dynavap's Vapcaps are awesome... better than a lot of battery powered vapes that cost a lot more.  They provide a similar ritual to smoking, but the flavor, smoothness and extraction of a good conduction vaporizer.  They are beastly through a bubbler as well
Thanks CR, I am a medicinal user primarily now, and these look very interesting.  Although, I do note resin build-up in the pics. How easy is the clean and maintenance routine compared to my old school bat (isopropanol, coat hanger wire and a cloth)?

Thanks CR, I am a medicinal user primarily now, and these look very interesting.  Although, I do note resin build-up in the pics. How easy is the clean and maintenance routine compared to my old school bat (isopropanol, coat hanger wire and a cloth)?
No different and you'd probably have to clean it 1/10th of the frequency, if that.  They have clear crack-pipey ones for only $30 that will show build up... but the ones you see in the pics are all resin free... I think what you are seeing is the patina on the cap.  Vapor resin is gold (sweet sweet gold)... and is essentially concentrate... there is none of that funky black ####ty resin from combustion when you vape. 

Here's a couple demo vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoPEqJrNYFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIl5rj7xygs

No different and you'd probably have to clean it 1/10th of the frequency, if that.  They have clear crack-pipey ones for only $30 that will show build up... but the ones you see in the pics are all resin free... I think what you are seeing is the patina on the cap.  Vapor resin is gold (sweet sweet gold)... and is essentially concentrate... there is none of that funky black ####ty resin from combustion when you vape. 

Here's a couple demo vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoPEqJrNYFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIl5rj7xygs
Very awesome!

My Luddite Ways may be over soon!  :thumbup:

Still won't kick the can though...too much history there. ;)

Very awesome!

My Luddite Ways may be over soon!  :thumbup:

Still won't kick the can though...too much history there. ;)
I really can't recommend it enough if you use a 1hitter.  The company is fantastic too.  A little slow to ship sometimes, but the customer service is awesome.  The owner frequently replaces glass bodies for free.  He's a nerdy Wisconsin goober.  If you order one... get one of the mid-higher end ones that catch your eye.  The glass ones do the job, but you'll end up getting a wood or titanium one eventually anyway.  If for some reason you don't like it, the 2ndary market on vapes is booming, I'll help you sell it. 

ETA:  another good demo vid from the man himself  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgUxpTl5fk

cockroach said:
I really can't recommend it enough if you use a 1hitter.  The company is fantastic too.  A little slow to ship sometimes, but the customer service is awesome.  The owner frequently replaces glass bodies for free.  He's a nerdy Wisconsin goober.  If you order one... get one of the mid-higher end ones that catch your eye.  The glass ones do the job, but you'll end up getting a wood or titanium one eventually anyway.  If for some reason you don't like it, the 2ndary market on vapes is booming, I'll help you sell it. 

ETA:  another good demo vid from the man himself  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLgUxpTl5fk
Interesting, Is there a sight for the secondary vapes you recommend? Can they ship or do traces make it illegal?  In NY would love to be using oils, but stuck looking for herbal vapes. 

Interesting, Is there a sight for the secondary vapes you recommend? Can they ship or do traces make it illegal?  In NY would love to be using oils, but stuck looking for herbal vapes. 
classifieds on the FC forum as well as /entexchange on reddit.  Vaporizers are 100% legal... just have to clean them up before shipping.  I haven't had a problem ever.

When the retail stores open in a couple months here in Vegas, I look forward to coming here for recommendations and advice....

Only tried it once and never trusted dealers, so excited for the newly legal experience...

Users who are viewing this thread