What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (4 Viewers)

Just got my hands on some legit, old school Afghan Kush from my producer. 

Good LORD. Anyone looking for a night time strain to completely couchlock/lazify you... THIS is the one. Avoid daytime use.

Slept like a dream, which is an absolute rarity for me.

Does give you a case of the munchies tho, so, you know... Be prepared.

When the retail stores open in a couple months here in Vegas, I look forward to coming here for recommendations and advice....

Only tried it once and never trusted dealers, so excited for the newly legal experience...
Do you have any details of locations (strip?) and when this is happening?

Just got my hands on some legit, old school Afghan Kush from my producer. 

Good LORD. Anyone looking for a night time strain to completely couchlock/lazify you... THIS is the one. Avoid daytime use.

Slept like a dream, which is an absolute rarity for me.

Does give you a case of the munchies tho, so, you know... Be prepared.
Yeah first time I smoked that back in the day I wasn't able to hold a conversation for hours. I was very new to smoke at that time.

Yeah first time I smoked that back in the day I wasn't able to hold a conversation for hours. I was very new to smoke at that time.
Almost makes me feel like a rookie again. Really love the feeling and effects. CBD Kush still my all-time go-to, but this has been a spectacluar addition to my stable. 

I like having a variety on hand at all times. Daytime, nighttime, light pain, serious pain... Gotta have something for any/every situation.

Now, just waiting like an idiot for my insurance company to start covering it. Apparently may happen this year, as soonas it gets a Drug Identification Number (in Canada) - for now, out of pocket, but subsidized. 

Almost makes me feel like a rookie again. Really love the feeling and effects. CBD Kush still my all-time go-to, but this has been a spectacluar addition to my stable. 

I like having a variety on hand at all times. Daytime, nighttime, light pain, serious pain... Gotta have something for any/every situation.

Now, just waiting like an idiot for my insurance company to start covering it. Apparently may happen this year, as soonas it gets a Drug Identification Number (in Canada) - for now, out of pocket, but subsidized. 
Yeah who would want Canadian healthcare?

Yeah who would want Canadian healthcare?
Ha, I'm not complaining... Well, I am... Because this is prescription medication... Through Health Canada. Government regulated.

And yet, not a single insurance company covers it yet, as it doesnt yet have a DIN (drug ID #)... So I have to pay out of pocket each month for my meds. Anywhere from 180-270$, depending on how much I smoke. 

Lobby groups are already knee deep in getting this changed... and it will.. but it's unfair that my meds are out of pocket, but any other med I can imagine would be covered completely..

But hey... all my checkups and surgeries and such are free :)  #OCanada

Ha, I'm not complaining... Well, I am... Because this is prescription medication... Through Health Canada. Government regulated.

And yet, not a single insurance company covers it yet, as it doesnt yet have a DIN (drug ID #)... So I have to pay out of pocket each month for my meds. Anywhere from 180-270$, depending on how much I smoke. 

Lobby groups are already knee deep in getting this changed... and it will.. but it's unfair that my meds are out of pocket, but any other med I can imagine would be covered completely..

But hey... all my checkups and surgeries and such are free :)  #OCanada
You guys do it right.

So how does a nonmedical guy find some random without going into a sketchy land or having to figure out the weird world of dark web stuff?

I am slow cooking some flower in a slow cooker with coconut oil. Should be good, although I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with it since I don't smoke any longer. Maybe some killer cookies?

I have been getting spoiled with all of the vape strains I have been able to get my hands on.  It's nice to swap between several different strains.  I'm currently have candyland, green dragon, blue dream, sour diesel, emerald cup og, and chem dog.  Wife is a midnight toker, and prefers flowers.  Still getting some nice stuff at 250 here.  Vape carts are steep at 60 per.

https://www.abx.org/abx-vape-strains

I have been getting spoiled with all of the vape strains I have been able to get my hands on.  It's nice to swap between several different strains.  I'm currently have candyland, green dragon, blue dream, sour diesel, emerald cup og, and chem dog.  Wife is a midnight toker, and prefers flowers.  Still getting some nice stuff at 250 here.  Vape carts are steep at 60 per.

https://www.abx.org/abx-vape-strains
I'm using the same brand - great stuff although sometimes a cartridge will not draw well.  Wish I had a connect down here in TX as I'm getting them back up in NY - 55-60 a pop also

I'm using the same brand - great stuff although sometimes a cartridge will not draw well.  Wish I had a connect down here in TX as I'm getting them back up in NY - 55-60 a pop also
I have had one or two like that.  I had more trouble before the metal atomizers, the wicks sucked.  If you have a bad one you can transfer the oil from one to another, but it's not easy.   I did it once by taping one above the other to a 2x in my attic.  When it got hot, the honey like viscosity dripped right into the other cartridge.  I have a ton of empties with a little left that I may try and let all drip out.  A hairdryer could also be a solution to get it to a transferable viscosity.

Buddy of mine brought a pen (or one just like it) to AC recently that made it's way back from Oregon. So incredible, not sure what strain but very easy to draw in public with maybe a half second of smell that went away immediately, smooth taste and nice even buzz. God intended for us to be able to enjoy this in such an enjoyable way, best experience I've ever had vs. smoking or vaping leaf. Just legalize for cripes sake, because I :wub: what we have to look forward to here.

Would anyone have a recipe for vape juice that doesn't involve boiling off a highly flammable solvent over a heat source? TIA

Also do they sell bulk tubes of juice in the legalized states that you can squeeze into a clearomizer, similar to nicotine juice? Or just the prefilled cartridges?

And maybe a more pertinent question: if I vape the traditional dab/shatter in public in one of these specialized rigs available now, will it smell like dank or produce a nice cloud or odorless vapor like I'm vaping nicotine?

And maybe a more pertinent question: if I vape the traditional dab/shatter in public in one of these specialized rigs available now, will it smell like dank or produce a nice cloud or odorless vapor like I'm vaping nicotine?
Nearly odorless vapor - can have a slight tinge of smell in a small enclosed space like a car but otherwise no one would ever know.

Also do they sell bulk tubes of juice in the legalized states that you can squeeze into a clearomizer, similar to nicotine juice? Or just the prefilled cartridges?
This. I believe they do - curious what the set up would be. 

I will be in Washington and Oregon next week and I am a  vape novice.  I will be correcting that shortly after landing so can I get cartridges and a vap pen at a dispensary?  And does a cartridge only work with a particular type of vaporizer?  Any input on pens or recommended dispensaries in Seattle would be appreciated.

Nearly odorless vapor - can have a slight tinge of smell in a small enclosed space like a car but otherwise no one would ever know.
Oh sweet. Maybe I'll just keep making qwiso in that case. Does it hit as potently as smoking?

Mostly no odor, but a strain like grapefruit kush tends to have a stronger weed smell

I will be in Washington and Oregon next week and I am a  vape novice.  I will be correcting that shortly after landing so can I get cartridges and a vap pen at a dispensary?  And does a cartridge only work with a particular type of vaporizer?  Any input on pens or recommended dispensaries in Seattle would be appreciated.
They are pretty universal. Even the Delta 9 vape cartridges, which look nothing like the FalvRx or Pure Vape cartridges, fit on all my pens. 

FlavRx has the cleanest taste imo, and they also show the strain of weed used. Delta 9 has been good to me, but it's only listed as indica or sativa, not what strain it is. 

The actual Delta 9 pen though is very nice. The battery will last 5x as long as the FlavRx pen.

Oh sweet. Maybe I'll just keep making qwiso in that case. Does it hit as potently as smoking?
qwiao?

And I find a "different" potency... obviously depends on the strain, but I find somewhat less fatigue in general as compared with smoking, and it's REALLY easy to get REALLY, um... potented... without realizing it.

At first I just used the basic pen, but found it doesn't hold a charge long, and only when it was freshly charged did I get a decent sized hit.  I bought a 501 thread compatible eleaf, and it freakin' rocks.

There are two thread types, the most common of which (and the one that the basic "pens" work with) is a 501 thread.  All interchangeable.  

There are two thread types, the most common of which (and the one that the basic "pens" work with) is a 501 thread.  All interchangeable.  
510 :)  

Which is a term I literally just learned yesterday. 

And went into a vape shop today and asked about 30 really stupid questions, half of which made it obvious I only cared about vaping weed, and caused the guy to scratch his neck uncomfortably before answering.

qwiao?

And I find a "different" potency... obviously depends on the strain, but I find somewhat less fatigue in general as compared with smoking, and it's REALLY easy to get REALLY, um... potented... without realizing it.

At first I just used the basic pen, but found it doesn't hold a charge long, and only when it was freshly charged did I get a decent sized hit.  I bought a 501 thread compatible eleaf, and it freakin' rocks.
QWISO = take all the plant material from bud to leaf, grind it up, shake vigorously in a jar of solvent, strain, cover with cheesecloth and run a fan until it evaporates down to the pure, brown sticky resin. 

This is much less strain-dependent since you're condensing it down to whatever psychoactive resinous compounds remain. 

My ideal scenario -- get one of those high powered mods and a tank that I can load with a vape juice that will hit just like what the dirtbags at the vape shop are sucking off of. I see no reason why it's not possible, as presumably the (extremely thick) qwiso can probably dilute into the glycol/glycerin vape juice given the right method. That method is what I'd like to find.

And BTW, my last batch of qwiso gave me less than a thimble full of dab from an ounce of flower, and it's lasted me almost a year (titanium nail method). Granted I'm streaky with usage and like to share it, but a little goes a long way, belieeeeve me. ??

http://digitalarchive.maastrichtuniversity.nl/fedora/get/guid:1c01c994-ed08-4b51-a864-1d2fc65c1731/ASSET1

A: This paper investigates how legal cannabis access affects student performance. Identification comes from an exceptional policy introduced in the city of Maastricht which discriminated legal access based on individuals’ nationality. We apply a difference-in-difference approach using administrative panel data on over 54,000 course grades of local students enrolled at Maastricht University before and during the partial cannabis prohibition. We find that the academic performance of students who are no longer legally permitted to buy cannabis increases substantially. Grade improvements are driven by younger students, and the effects are stronger for women and low performers. In line with how THC consumption affects cognitive functioning, we find that performance gains are larger for courses that require more numerical/mathematical skills. We investigate the underlying channels using students’ course evaluations and present suggestive evidence that performance gains are driven by improved understanding of material rather than changes in students’ study effort.
Probably not breaking new ground here, but I thought it was worth sharing anyway.  Since most of us are in technology fields in some sense, none of us are beyond learning in our professions.  This could apply to us as well.

My buddy introduced me to vaping a few weeks ago...I get these cartridges for $50 each or 2 for $90, and he usually has 4 or 5 different strains of indica, sativa, and blends. So far I'm loving this, it's so easy and discreet. And while I love the size of the pen, I like using an ego style ecig battery better, the small pen doesnt have enough oomph for me. I like how the QR code on the cart box gives me all kinds of lab info for each batch that I don't understand. The future is now!

Cart: http://i.imgur.com/4l38EI6.jpg

Strain info: http://i.imgur.com/c0FjIqp.jpg

Pen: http://i.imgur.com/ZznN0f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy introduced me to vaping a few weeks ago...I get these cartridges for $50 each or 2 for $90, and he usually has 4 or 5 different strains of indica, sativa, and blends. So far I'm loving this, it's so easy and discreet. And while I love the size of the pen, I like using an ego style ecig battery better, the small pen doesnt have enough oomph for me. I like how the QR code on the cart box gives me all kinds of lab info for each batch that I don't understand. The future is now!

Cart: http://i.imgur.com/4l38EI6.jpg

Strain info: http://i.imgur.com/c0FjIqp.jpg

Pen: http://i.imgur.com/ZznN0f8.jpg
I've got the Eleaf Istick vape - they have a ton of similarish items, and mine has been awesome.

Enough charge for like a couple or few WEEKS on mine (I think mine is 2500, maybe 5000) with consistent but adjustable flow/output/hit.

btw, got berry white in there now, though a different company and Chem makeup!

I've got the Eleaf Istick vape - they have a ton of similarish items, and mine has been awesome.

Enough charge for like a couple or few WEEKS on mine (I think mine is 2500, maybe 5000) with consistent but adjustable flow/output/hit.

btw, got berry white in there now, though a different company and Chem makeup!
Yeah the ecig batteries work great...Im only on my 2nd cart right now, and am not sure if the higher power is burning up the oil faster than the smaller pen. They definitely dont last as long as an 1/8oz, but I guess part of the appeal is stealth, which has to cost something. 

The Bhang carts are the only ones I've seen, I wish I could find different brands to try...but for now these are great.

Yeah the ecig batteries work great...Im only on my 2nd cart right now, and am not sure if the higher power is burning up the oil faster than the smaller pen. They definitely dont last as long as an 1/8oz, but I guess part of the appeal is stealth, which has to cost something. 

The Bhang carts are the only ones I've seen, I wish I could find different brands to try...but for now these are great.
In NY/CA (maybe others) there's absolute xtracts..

Generally very positive reviews.  

I really like the couple Optimum Extracts, which Ive seen in WA state.

Lil tid bit on the absolute xtracts... for those who know the show Crashing, about comedians... they make a reference to Blue Dream (or was it Green Dragon?), one of the Absolute Xtracts strains... it 'may' have been in the chamber at Chez Koya randomly that very day. funny lil world

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread