What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (4 Viewers)

Anyone else try kin slips ?

They're little tabs you put under your tongue, coming in three doses (5, 10, 20 mg) and four different blends with varying intended effects. A buddy from CA gave me a couple of packs and after trying them I never want to ingest pot any other way again. I took a 20mg Cloud Buster dose at a football game a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had, though borderline too powerful for the setting I was in. I could have easily cut it in half. He also gave me a pack of 10mg Nice Dreams, perfect for chilling at home in the evening. Unlike edibles there's no waiting around for them to take effect, they hit you in just a few minutes. And they're really easy to dial in an exact dose that's right for whatever it is you're looking for. Looks like they're only available in CA, hoping to see them in MA sometime soon.
I've been taking tinctures recently in the evening.  Usually a 1:1 ration of THC/CBD.   

Anyone else try kin slips ?

They're little tabs you put under your tongue, coming in three doses (5, 10, 20 mg) and four different blends with varying intended effects. A buddy from CA gave me a couple of packs and after trying them I never want to ingest pot any other way again. I took a 20mg Cloud Buster dose at a football game a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the most enjoyable highs I've ever had, though borderline too powerful for the setting I was in. I could have easily cut it in half. He also gave me a pack of 10mg Nice Dreams, perfect for chilling at home in the evening. Unlike edibles there's no waiting around for them to take effect, they hit you in just a few minutes. And they're really easy to dial in an exact dose that's right for whatever it is you're looking for. Looks like they're only available in CA, hoping to see them in MA sometime soon.
Those things look fascinating.  I was in Nevada not too long ago and made it home with a bunch of edibles.  I love them, but the lag time and inconsistency is annoying.   Need to find a hook up!  

Thought you guys might find this interesting.  This is from a PHD who judges some of the scientific competitions out here on the west coast.

How much #THC is required to achieve the beloved sensation that #cannabis is known for? We have been digging through last year’s #CultivationClassic data, and finding some VERY interesting things: Out of all the winners who appeared on stage in May, there was one #cultivar that stood out amongst all the others in its ability to produce a #happy, euphoric feeling. Nope, it wasn’t a Type I #flower with 31% THC… it was @Bullruncraftcannabis’ terpinolene-dominant Type II cultivar “Lite Me Up" with 7.3% THC and 12% CBD! 

#Type II cultivars, with a mixed ratio of cannabinoids and lower THC potency are verifiably enjoyable. Because of their #phytochemistry, they are also less likely to produce unwanted side effects such as paranoia or a racing heart. They appear to be highly palatable and versatile, preferred by patients and enjoyed by seasoned #stoners too.

To date, the market has been dominated by high-THC products, but the #CultivationClassic data indicates that THC hunting may not be the best method in pursuit of a satisfying session. How many Type II’s are on the shelf at your local retailer?

Thought you guys might find this interesting.  This is from a PHD who judges some of the scientific competitions out here on the west coast.
Thanks!

How do you identify a Type II cultivar/flower? How are they usually labeled and/or marketed?

I normally look for high THC content (rationale being, why wouldn't you?). Would be interested in seeing if this produces a noticeably different high.

Thanks!

How do you identify a Type II cultivar/flower? How are they usually labeled and/or marketed?

I normally look for high THC content (rationale being, why wouldn't you?). Would be interested in seeing if this produces a noticeably different high.
I've actually never seen flower here in Portland labeled as type I or II.  But I have seen some of the higher end dispensaries move away from Sativa vs. Indica.  That reference will be removed in the coming years.  It's not going to mean anything with all the hybrids being created.  There will still be uplifting/energetic/creative strains vs. relaxed/mellow strains but it will be based on cannabinoid profiles, potency and terpene profiles; not sativa vs. indica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually never seen flower here in Portland labeled as type I or II.  But I have seen some of the higher end dispensaries move away from Sativa vs. Indica.  That reference will be removed in the coming years.  It's not going to mean anything with all the hybrids being created.  There will still be uplifting/energetic/creative strains vs. relaxed/mellow strains but it will be based on cannabinoid profiles, potency and terpene profiles; not sativa vs. indica.
How stoned does one have to be to understand this post?

Super interesting. The plant works beautifully as it was originally designed. THC is supposed to be balanced with CBD and other compounds. This idea that the higher the THC the better will soon fade.

Super interesting. The plant works beautifully as it was originally designed. THC is supposed to be balanced with CBD and other compounds. This idea that the higher the THC the better will soon fade.
Reminds me of earlier craft ipa days when everyone wanted the highest IBUs and highest ABV. Now most IPA drinkers/brewers recognize IBU needs some balance and that 5-8% is the sweetspot for ABV. 

invested in the Mighty vape....outstanding....best device I ever had!  not as portable as Pax 2 but still fits in pocket and works so much better!  

I finally did my first dab and it was glorious!   Did out of a PuffCo....now I'm going to have to buy one.   Did some wax/shatter that was a 1:1 THC:CBD and it was the best high I've ever experienced.  Super clear, but my body felt like I took two vicodin.   

:oldunsure:

One huge suck factor down here in the Bible Belt is the lack of edible availability.

If anyone knows of a source for good gummies discretely shipped, please DM and I’d be happy to pay in cash or bourbon. ❤️ 

the local place is having a 4/20 sale where you can get an ounce of Northern Lights for $78.

Holy hell they are giving away weed where I live. I don't recommend investing in any weed-related stock right about now. 

Was in CA and had my first chance to legally purchase......went with edible gummies as a change and only ate one as I walked out the store and OMG was zonked worse that the 3’ bong days. Are they all this strong?!?!

the local place is having a 4/20 sale where you can get an ounce of Northern Lights for $78.

Holy hell they are giving away weed where I live. I don't recommend investing in any weed-related stock right about now. 
Oregon is a bit unique.  No cap on licenses, great location to grow weed, tons of great growers and a small population.  No one else is having the same issue.  

I finally did my first dab and it was glorious!   Did out of a PuffCo....now I'm going to have to buy one.   Did some wax/shatter that was a 1:1 THC:CBD and it was the best high I've ever experienced.  Super clear, but my body felt like I took two vicodin.   

:oldunsure:
I really need to move 

There are more than 350 publicly traded weed related stocks right now and that number is growing.  Like the Internet bubble, many of these will die on the vine.  But a few will emerge victorious.  

My boss just wrote an article for a global newsletter about weed investment.  I'll post here once it's published.  

This thing with pot has got to be the dumbest thing we have seen ESPECIALLY since it's legal to drink.  Getting loaded is nothing compared to getting drunk. Not remotely close.

YES,  kids shouldn't do anything, yep, nothing. But once an adult, smoking pot ain't........

It's all good bro, got the incense working,  some candles going and drinking a whiskey/coke mix, life is good.  How about you?

Excellent, bro.

I don't drink alcohol anymore (diabetes), but I am smokin' a bowl & makin' an omelette. Eggs, peppers, salsa, pepper jack cheese --- YUM!

Glad to hear ya good.

Ima gonna order that blues book you recommended as an Easter present to myself - I'll let ya know when I get it.

Keep rollin'! 

Excellent, bro.

I don't drink alcohol anymore (diabetes), but I am smokin' a bowl & makin' an omelette. Eggs, peppers, salsa, pepper jack cheese --- YUM!

Glad to hear ya good.

Ima gonna order that blues book you recommended as an Easter present to myself - I'll let ya know when I get it.

Keep rollin'! 
Funny, because I quit smoking pot simply because the wife didn't approve (once the kids came) and got tired of sneaking around.  The smell kept getting me busted, ha~~~

I'm about to have THE baked potato.

potato

sour cream

butter

chopped up ham

three kinds of cheese

jalapeno pepper

onion chopped up.

Yep...YUM!

A CD comes with the book, everything about it is done right. Tons of classic photos, it's all there, a great read. I do own 11 other books on them blues, but that one tied for my fav.

Funny, because I quit smoking pot simply because the wife didn't approve and got tired of sneaking around.  The smell kept getting me busted, ha~~~

I'm about to have THE baked potato.

potato

sour cream

butter

chopped up ham

three kinds of cheese

jalapeno pepper

onion chopped up.

Yep...YUM!

A CD comes with the book, everything about it is done right. Tons of classic photos, it's all there, a great read.
HA! Actually, I made a smoke filter out of a mason jar, a sock, activated carbon from a fish tank system, fabric softener sheets & silicone tubing.

My cousin uses it to keep his wife from explodin'! It works.

God - I miss baked tatters sooo bad! It skyrockets my blood sugar. I will have a small sweet tatter now & again tho.

Enjoy yous tatters!

Got this stuff called "White Runtz" from my dude. It's supposed to be named after some rapper. I have this stuff in one of those double sealed bags from a Vegas dispensary and my whole house still reeks. It hits you as soon as you hit the door. The wife isn't amused. 

Got this stuff called "White Runtz" from my dude. It's supposed to be named after some rapper. I have this stuff in one of those double sealed bags from a Vegas dispensary and my whole house still reeks. It hits you as soon as you hit the door. The wife isn't amused. 
Yeah,  that's the biggest drawback with quality flower.  If you're trying to hide your thc intake, go the vape/oil route around family.  You won't get those dirty, condescending looks from the Mrs. anymore and she'll rarely know when you're high.   Depending on the strand, it's basically odorless except for the occasional lemon fresh or fruity scent which can be chalked up to spring cleaning and your new found pleasure in keeping a tidy home.  I find women who don't smoke also enjoying hitting these pens b/c they're "cute".  

I got some of these recently and often travel with them.  Smoke in airports, etc.   Looks like a gold pen.  

https://internationalhighlife.com/vvs-vape-pen-review/

I took my first trip into MA last month. After smoking for 35 years, it was surreal to buy it legally. That was a high in itself! Will return in a few months. 

Bought some edibles too. Maybe it's the type (4.08 mg caramel chews or whatnot - they didn't have a huge selection), but I wasn't loving the edible high as much. It was my first time w/ edibles - took a few sessions to get the amount right. One was a joke, two were ok, but sort of a tease. 3 was bit too much, so I settled on 2 1/2, which was right. But the high feels more akin to a stronger "cold medicine buzz" than a weed high. I guess it's ok for relaxing, but so far, give me smoke any day.  

Happy 4/20!  

Does anyone prefer a edible to smoking weed?  I don't do either, just curious.

Seems like the edible would be more convenient. 
That is a really good question.

I use for pleasure, but I am primary using for medical purposes (diabetes pain, bipolar disorder, sleep disorder).

I do not live in a legal state, but I get flower from family in Cali - thus, it is of known properties. This is important for tracking my medical dosing (1 gram/ day @ 20% thc), because I know the thc and/or cbd percentage. 

The only edibles I have done, I have made myself. Now, maybe I'm not too good of a cook, but I do have a ChemEng backgbround - so, I'm pretty comfortable in the lab. 

All of my batches, have not been very suitable to my needs:

1) It takes more flower to create an equivalent dose, than it dose to just smoke. Thus, it would cost me more for making my own. 

2) As  mentioned by others, it is a different high. My stuff made me feel like a mushroom trip that was juuusssttt about to take off - but never went further. Not bad - not great - I preferred my smoke.

3) For the most part, accurate dosing is more difficult for edibles because after all the extraction/processing, it can be hard to know the final thc %. Also, when making a larger batch, sometimes the percentage varies through out the finished product, if it is not properly processed.

4) Related to the dosing issue, is the "effect issue" - edibles take longer to have an effect. Thus, it can be hard to know how much is right for you until it is too far into the experience. Some may keep eating, if they feel nothing after an hour - and then - BAM - to the moon Alice!

Now, I have heard good things about the more recent CO2 extracted edibles. Supposedly, they are more cost effective, are better processed - thus dosing and effect are easier to calculate & manage - and are consistent in their effects.

I have not had an opportunity to try these yet, but I plan to - soon. If it works as advertised, I'll push my Cali family to find me some.

Happy 4/20 alls!

✌️😗🙂

It just depends what you're looking for.  I'd liken edibles almost to a mushroom type high/trip if you're not microdosing.  This article will give you some insight:  https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/bj5mza/edible-high-vs-smoke-high
Really good article Major.

This part:

But when you smoke you actually absorb more cannabinoids, the high-inducing ingredients in weed such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), than you do from edibles.
...I did not know. The rest of the article explains all the details - very interesting.

Thanks.

invested in the Mighty vape....outstanding....best device I ever had!  not as portable as Pax 2 but still fits in pocket and works so much better!  
I love the ones that look just like a pen.

Until an unsuspecting person asks if they can write with it.

It just depends what you're looking for.  I'd liken edibles almost to a mushroom type high/trip if you're not microdosing.  This article will give you some insight:  https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/bj5mza/edible-high-vs-smoke-high
This is very confusing to me.  If I said, "what do you like more, Baseball or Football".  Your answer is "They're very different games, here's a link to explain the two".

It's simple, which one do you prefer?  If it's situational, why? 

This is very confusing to me.  If I said, "what do you like more, Baseball or Football".  Your answer is "They're very different games, here's a link to explain the two".

It's simple, which one do you prefer?  If it's situational, why? 
Thought the article would clear up your confusion - If you want a long high that will put you into the couch, then edibles are a good choice.  If you want to fully function and carry on with your day, then smoking is a better option.   

Users who are viewing this thread