What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (1 Viewer)

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  
Glad it went well. The edibles definitely hit harder than smoking/vaping. 

Reporting.

Got my medical card Friday.    Went to the nearest dispensary to my house.  A guy greeted myself and my wife at the door.  Very nice young guy who walked us through the entire process of edible, smokable, and the assortment of smoking apparatus they sell.   

Settled on edibles.  25mg THC, 5mg CBD.   Wife took a half of an edible.   We went to a movie  Gemini.   We arrived at 615pm.  My wife ingested the edible at 545pm.  By the time the movie started my wife was totally relaxed and had the giggles.   We ordered food and drinks.  She got the munchies.  And more giggles.  Fell asleep during the movie.  Woke up and started giggling and eating popcorn again.    We get home and she is starting sentences but never finished them.  We go to bed.  She gets up to get a drink and more giggles.  She told me this am that her "high" left around 4am.     

Glad she didn't take the entire edible.   But overall was a very pleasant experience for a first time.  
The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.

The thing with edibles is that you have to know that it takes time to hit and can last a really long time. Consistency is a little hit or miss, but watch that thc number and stay in your comfort spot and it is nice.
Yep, smoking/vaping hits instantly and will fade much quicker. It's a lot easier to control IMO.

Anyone else experience a THC hangover?

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Just lack of wit, slow mental response time, and lethargic.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.

Party at night, nothing crazy, few hits and / or 10-15mg edibles, with alcohol .... and the day after, I feel like I'm in a fog all day.  Sometimes for 2 days.

Could be lack of sleep but still very different than when I'm just drinking. I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I should just stick to the beers.
No, never 

Maybe you were still high from the indica strain.  Switch to sativa.

If this happens again, start your day with a strong coffee and a sativa strain.  You should be good as new.  

Maybe you were still high from the indica strain.  Switch to sativa.
My first thought that its indica doing this too.  

You should be able to find a strain that doesn't have this affect on you, especially if its a small amount.  Although the edible, that's probably where this is stemming from, rather than a few hits of anything.

How I keep it straight:

Indica - makes me want to stay Indoors and sink Into the couch

Sativa - makes me Social

It's not always perfect, but usually keeps me on the right path.

Well, I got ahold of a couple of 100mg gummies but I'm new to the edibles and want to be cautious. I'm a pretty heavy smoker if that matters. Is 100mg a lot. I'm thinking about taking half or maybe even a quarter to start. I'm staying at the house so no driving. Is it OK to still smoke as well? 

Thanks for the help. 

Well, I got ahold of a couple of 100mg gummies but I'm new to the edibles and want to be cautious. I'm a pretty heavy smoker if that matters. Is 100mg a lot. I'm thinking about taking half or maybe even a quarter to start. I'm staying at the house so no driving. Is it OK to still smoke as well? 

Thanks for the help. 
Cautious is smart.  I’d start with half a gummy and smoking before/during is ok but once the gummy kicks in I doubt you’ll find it necessary. 

Thanks for the help. 
Half now and half later is probably the shark move for a 100mg.   I'm an occasional edible user and have had nothing but good experiences at those levels.  Smoke as you wish but it'll hit you a little harder.    Have fun and enjoy.  No reason to overthink it.  

No edibles down here yet.  My wife uses 10 mg capsules I guess those are close.  I took 2 about 7 tonight took about 3 hrs to hit me I did eat a big meal before hand though.  Its the first time I tried them and I think I like flower better doesn't seem as intense to me.  I'm not sure if I even like this.  Going back to my Papas herb Bio Diesel tomorrow.

No edibles down here yet.  My wife uses 10 mg capsules I guess those are close.  I took 2 about 7 tonight took about 3 hrs to hit me I did eat a big meal before hand though.  Its the first time I tried them and I think I like flower better doesn't seem as intense to me.  I'm not sure if I even like this.  Going back to my Papas herb Bio Diesel tomorrow.
I get this.

I grew up on flower and understand how to use it to reach my goal. The newer vape products seem to have a "hole" in them, imo. The first time I vaped, I asked my cousin, "Are you high? I dunno if I am. I think I am, but ... not really sure."

Now, that I had to ask that question prolly indicates that I was high, but it was just not as "complete" to me.

Edibles, on the other hand, did impact me. But, in a less controlled manner. I do enjoy em, but not as much as flower.

For my $, old school is where it is at.

But, I still wanna "old school" with the high quality modern flower strains. ✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this.

I grew up on flower and understand how to use it to reach my goal. The newer vape products seem to have a "hole" in them, imo. The first time I vaped, I asked my cousin, "Are you high? I dunno if I am. I think I am, but ... not really sure."

Now, that I had to ask that question prolly indicates that I was high, but it was just not as "complete" to me.

Edibles, on the other hand, did impact me. But, in a less controlled manner. I do enjoy em, but not as much as flower.

I agree the vaping isn’t the same potency high as the flower. I actually prefer that now since I’m able to be more productive and normal while using it. It’s pretty rare that I actually smoke anymore and it’s usually if I’ve got nothing at all going on.

So I'm from Illinois and it's legal today. 

There aren't many dispensaries open yet and I assume it's going to be a zoo, so I'll probably hold off going for a week or two.   But, when I do, I have little idea what to get.   I'll get flower and smoke it the old fashioned way but that's all I've decided.

What THC percentage would have been in average pot in the 90s?

If I went here  (https://earthmed.com/cannabis/menu/) what would be some good choices?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

So I'm from Illinois and it's legal today. 

There aren't many dispensaries open yet and I assume it's going to be a zoo, so I'll probably hold off going for a week or two.   But, when I do, I have little idea what to get.   I'll get flower and smoke it the old fashioned way but that's all I've decided.

What THC percentage would have been in average pot in the 90s?

If I went here  (https://earthmed.com/cannabis/menu/) what would be some good choices?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Going with the highest THC percentage usually works for me.

Going with the highest THC percentage usually works for me.
I would say the 20-21% range is perfectly fine and if you start getting into the >25% it better be what you want.

Everyone reacts differently but I no longer enjoy high THC weed.  Don't like edibles either but not saying my experience is going to be the same as everyone else.  

I get this.

Yup. Tried edibles, tried vape. Don't really enjoy either. Flower all the way.

Illinois MJ sales taxed at 37%

black market isn't going anywhere
Yeah, I was looking at that menu Jux posted and laughing at those prices.  Think the last time I paid $60 for an 8th was my NYC delivery service years ago.   The market is flooded with quality product and now that it's legal, you'd think they'd be cheaper.  

$60 for an 8th is good or bad?   I paid $190 for a 1/2 in Mass at memorial day.   Crazy how strong stuff is these days.  I've vaped (the flower) almost every night since then and I just ran out a week ago.  The few times I smoked out of a bong, after two hits I was a mess.   I grew two plants over the summer which yielded about 3 oz thinking I'd be saving a lot of money, but if all I need is an ounce a year of the stuff they're selling now along with a few bottles of tincture, it really isn't worth the effort. 

Yeah, I was looking at that menu Jux posted and laughing at those prices.  Think the last time I paid $60 for an 8th was my NYC delivery service years ago.   The market is flooded with quality product and now that it's legal, you'd think they'd be cheaper.  
I believe Illinois will only sell weed produced in Illinois.  There are concerns of shortages. I assume prices will eventually come down.

$60 for an 8th is good or bad?   I paid $190 for a 1/2 in Mass at memorial day.   Crazy how strong stuff is these days.  I've vaped (the flower) almost every night since then and I just ran out a week ago.  The few times I smoked out of a bong, after two hits I was a mess.   I grew two plants over the summer which yielded about 3 oz thinking I'd be saving a lot of money, but if all I need is an ounce a year of the stuff they're selling now along with a few bottles of tincture, it really isn't worth the effort. 
It really depends on what state you're in and the quality but that's definitely on the high side of things.  $20-40 seems about the going rate.

It really depends on what state you're in and the quality but that's definitely on the high side of things.  $20-40 seems about the going rate.
That almost seems crazy to me.   I was paying $37 (in today's dollars) in pittsburgh during college over 20 years ago and that was for some crap weed.  

I would say the 20-21% range is perfectly fine and if you start getting into the >25% it better be what you want.

Everyone reacts differently but I no longer enjoy high THC weed.  Don't like edibles either but not saying my experience is going to be the same as everyone else.  
Also need to consider total terpenes and terpene percentages.  You can have 30%+ THC and a ####ty terpene profile and get more high off 18 to 20% THC with better terps.

It's all about the terps.

It's not horrible if it's high quality bud. It's pricey for anything I'd pay here in Oregon, but we might have the best prices in the country.

Also need to consider total terpenes and terpene percentages.  You can have 30%+ THC and a ####ty terpene profile and get more high off 18 to 20% THC with better terps.

It's all about the terps.
Explain to a novice who is trying to get medical card.  Terp?

This vertically integrated bs is corporate cronyism at its finest.  The good news is they only have a small amount of time before the flood gates open.  Once it's legal everywhere the free market will take over.  

This vertically integrated bs is corporate cronyism at its finest.  The good news is they only have a small amount of time before the flood gates open.  Once it's legal everywhere the free market will take over.  
What's wrong with owning and operating multiple licenses along the supply chain? Washington is the only state where you can't be vertically integrated and they have the worst system out of all the rec states.

What's wrong with owning and operating multiple licenses along the supply chain? Washington is the only state where you can't be vertically integrated and they have the worst system out of all the rec states.
I guess it's not really the vertical integration, but the capping and restrictions on licenses.  For example, they only handed out like half a dozen in FL.  It's being challenged by Joe Redner right now, because they turned his company down.  They basically can pick and choose the who gets the immensely profitable licenses.  That's apparently why 2 Ukrainians recently in the news were trying to get close to Desantis, to get a license.  

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/10/18/ron-desantis-downplayed-ties-to-giuliani-associates-then-we-found-them-hugging/

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's not really the vertical integration, but the capping and restrictions on licenses.  For example, they only handed out like half a dozen in FL.  It's being challenged by Joe Redner right now, because they turned his company down.  They basically can pick and choose the who gets the immensely profitable licenses.  That's apparently why 2 Ukrainians recently in the news were trying to get close to Desantis, to get a license.  
Oh yea..absolutely.  It's completely pay to play with most states east of the mississippi.  FL, MD, PA...all the east coast med states are all that way.

Users who are viewing this thread