Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

11 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Oh yea..absolutely.  It's completely pay to play with most states east of the mississippi.  FL, MD, PA...all the east coast med states are all that way.

Just dumb.  The state would make more money just setting the tax rate(s) appropriately rather than locking down the number of licences.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

It's not horrible if it's high quality bud. It's pricey for anything I'd pay here in Oregon, but we might have the best prices in the country.

Maybe I'm naive in assuming that all retail bud is gonna be high quality.   In Mass, they only have like 5 strands on sale at a time and they all seemed high quality to me; might be different in states that have a lot more options.

12 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Maybe I'm naive in assuming that all retail bud is gonna be high quality.   In Mass, they only have like 5 strands on sale at a time and they all seemed high quality to me; might be different in states that have a lot more options.

It can be all over the place depending what's required for testing, etc.  Here in OR there is a lot of different quality up and down the spectrum. I do my research and seek out trusted dispensaries and/or brands or farms. 

On 1/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, Ilov80s said:

I agree the vaping isn’t the same potency high as the flower. I actually prefer that now since I’m able to be more productive and normal while using it. It’s pretty rare that I actually smoke anymore and it’s usually if I’ve got nothing at all going on.

100% agree.

However, since I am retired, I refuse to be productive.

Or normal. 🤪

• Like 2
On 1/1/2020 at 9:09 PM, NutterButter said:

$60 for an 8th is good or bad?   I paid $190 for a 1/2 in Mass at memorial day.   Crazy how strong stuff is these days.  I've vaped (the flower) almost every night since then and I just ran out a week ago.  The few times I smoked out of a bong, after two hits I was a mess.   I grew two plants over the summer which yielded about 3 oz thinking I'd be saving a lot of money, but if all I need is an ounce a year of the stuff they're selling now along with a few bottles of tincture, it really isn't worth the effort. 

This is how I feel. I smoke a few times a week, so I only need to buy it every so often. For how often I buy it, I'd rather get the legal weed, even if it's 25-30% higher in price - we're just not talking that much $$. The weed is usually much fresher, you know it's not crap, and you can get several different strains in one visit.  It's worth it to me. 

Plus, I always seem to get a cute, friendly stoner chick as a budtender, too. 

Edited by jwb
  • Like 2
On 1/2/2020 at 10:26 AM, urbanhack said:

Also need to consider total terpenes and terpene percentages.  You can have 30%+ THC and a ####ty terpene profile and get more high off 18 to 20% THC with better terps.

It's all about the terps.

I don't doubt what you are saying is true but how do you quantify the terps?  Just staying away from high THC is the way to go for me.  I'll take my chances in the 20% range but even then have become increasingly picky about what I'm buying/smoking these days.

On 1/1/2020 at 2:27 PM, Wrigley said:

Illinois MJ sales taxed at 37%

black market isn't going anywhere

Same mistake California has made.

24 minutes ago, OC Zed said:

Same mistake California has made.

I’m not sure where he’s getting 37%.

Purchases of cannabis flower or products with less than 35% THC are slapped with a 10% sales tax. Cannabis-infused products such as edibles come with a 20% tax. Products with a THC concentration higher than 35% come with a 25% tax. Illinois municipalities and counties are able to levy additional local sales taxes.

The new law also imposes a 7% gross receipts tax on the sale of marijuana from cultivators to dispensaries – a cost that will likely be passed on to consumers in the form of higher prices.

9 minutes ago, prosopis said:

Anyone have experience with 25mg suckers?

Do you just eat the whole thing like a tootsie pop or do you pace yourself?

If the answer is pace yourself, how?

It used to all be so simple. “Give me an apple, a straw and a lighter.”

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, prosopis said:

Anyone have experience with 25mg suckers?

Do you just eat the whole thing like a tootsie pop or do you pace yourself?

If the answer is pace yourself, how?

I think if you’re buying a 25mg sucker you should eat it normally. If 25mgs is too much then why not just get 10 mg candies?

1 hour ago, Nick Vermeil said:

In my youth it was all about bottle tokes. Which now that I think about it, was actually a really complex process.

1 hour ago, Nick Vermeil said:

The apple was alway a chairlift favorite.  Soda can, pen and a lighter always worked well too 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I think if you’re buying a 25mg sucker you should eat it normally. If 25mgs is too much then why not just get 10 mg candies?

10 mg gummies have been a go to. Recently 10 mg has not been doing it. I was given the impression that suckers were different due to being absorbed lingually and bypassing the digestive route.

So far I am leaning towards just finish it tootsie pop style.

2 hours ago, prosopis said:

10 mg gummies have been a go to. Recently 10 mg has not been doing it. I was given the impression that suckers were different due to being absorbed lingually and bypassing the digestive route.

Ah, that might be a little unpredictable.   When I use a tincture, I intentionally let it sit under my tongue for a couple of minutes to let it seep through the thin membrane there.  In your case, some will likely be swallowed as well so hard to say how much of what goes where.    On Christmas Eve, I was a little rushed when taking a tincture at my mom's house and I swallowed most of it prematurely.   Boy did that hit me harder then I wanted like an hour later.   I got a little paranoid talking with the relatives at times b/c in my mind, it sounded like I was just rambling on like a mad man telling stories.

4 hours ago, dkp993 said:

The apple was alway a chairlift favorite.  Soda can, pen and a lighter always worked well too 

Toilet paper roll and aluminum foil for the win.

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, shuke said:

Toilet paper roll and aluminum foil for the win.

Back when I was in college, before there was dirt, we called this a Der Der.

"But we don't have anything to smoke it with." .. "Der Der it."

14 hours ago, prosopis said:

For me the hard candies/suckers don’t work. Normally with edibles it takes me 50mg to get high. I’ve eaten up to 150mgs of hard candies in one sitting and never got high. If 10 does nothing for you eat that 25 mg sucker without concern. You’ll be fine 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

I don't doubt what you are saying is true but how do you quantify the terps?  Just staying away from high THC is the way to go for me.  I'll take my chances in the 20% range but even then have become increasingly picky about what I'm buying/smoking these days.

Testing. But not everyone has the terps tested for flower. It's more expensive and it's not required. Total terpene percentages are usually marked on concentrates, shatter, wax, etc.

19 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

Can't remember if I posted this, but I'm done with vaping. It gave me some temporary lung symptoms that I never felt smoking the flower. 

Are you getting them off the street or from a regulated dispensary?

6 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Are you getting them off the street or from a regulated dispensary?

Regulated. The product was not cheap and was supposedly top quality.

2 hours ago, jdoggydogg said:

Can't remember if I posted this, but I'm done with vaping. It gave me some temporary lung symptoms that I never felt smoking the flower. 

Then vape the flower.  Problem solved.   You're welcome.

Edited by NutterButter
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, jdoggydogg said:

Regulated. The product was not cheap and was supposedly top quality.

There is still approved, regulated vape cart products that are absolute crap. Anything with the clear, light-color that is probably distillate tends to be more harsh. A big movement on the west coast is going through a one time extraction process with fresh frozen buds and keeping as many terps and cannabinoids as possible. The end product is live resin or full spectrum extract. The other big trend is the solventless rosin. Just use a big heat press to produce fresh extract with no ethanol, butane or CO2.

Also...I just learned Vitamin E acetate which seems to be the big culprit in the vape crisis can occur naturally.

https://www.westword.com/marijuana/marijuana-lab-founder-belives-vitamin-e-occurs-naturally-in-thc-vapes-11585000

11 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

Those flower vapes are expensive?

Yeah, but I'd bet you'd save money over the long run between that, burning flower and vaping liquid.    I haven't crunched the numbers myself b/c I never really cared, but there's gotta be a surcharge on the liquids and the flower vapes are way more efficient compared to burning flower.    I mentioned this earlier when people were complaining about taxes, but I find it amazing how long what I've bought has lasted me.   It probably also has something to do with the strength of the bud these days but I bought a half in May, I vape once a night, have pretty much done that every day since May and I just ran out a couple of weeks ago.

I need to check when I get home but I think this is the one I have.   Really not expensive at all.   Been using it for probably 10 years now.

Edited by NutterButter
10 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

There is still approved, regulated vape cart products that are absolute crap. Anything with the clear, light-color that is probably distillate tends to be more harsh. A big movement on the west coast is going through a one time extraction process with fresh frozen buds and keeping as many terps and cannabinoids as possible. The end product is live resin or full spectrum extract. The other big trend is the solventless rosin. Just use a big heat press to produce fresh extract with no ethanol, butane or CO2.

Also...I just learned Vitamin E acetate which seems to be the big culprit in the vape crisis can occur naturally.

https://www.westword.com/marijuana/marijuana-lab-founder-belives-vitamin-e-occurs-naturally-in-thc-vapes-11585000

The liquid wasn't clear. It was more yellow. The dispensary said it's their best, cleanest product. Users will vary, but I am not pleased with the effect that months of vaping had on my lungs so I'm done with that. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Yeah, but I'd bet you'd save money over the long run between that, burning flower and vaping liquid.    I haven't crunched the numbers myself b/c I never really cared, but there's gotta be a surcharge on the liquids and the flower vapes are way more efficient compared to burning flower.    I mentioned this earlier when people were complaining about taxes, but I find it amazing how long what I've bought has lasted me.   It probably also has something to do with the strength of the bud these days but I bought a half in May, I vape once a night, have pretty much done that every day since May and I just ran out a couple of weeks ago.

I need to check when I get home but I think this is the one I have.   Really not expensive at all.   Been using it for probably 10 years now.

Nice. Are there smaller more portable units that'd fit in a jacket pocket?

2 hours ago, jdoggydogg said:

Nice. Are there smaller more portable units that'd fit in a jacket pocket?

I had one that was powered by butane but I didn't like the after taste on it.     If you have access, I'd give a tincture a shot if you're looking for something that's discreet that will get you high out in public.   Its just a vial of thc infused coconut oil that you use a dropper to put under your tongue.   You can also make yourself and I can walk you through how if you're ever interested.   Stuff is great.   Makes social events so much better.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

I had one that was powered by butane but I didn't like the after taste on it.     If you have access, I'd give a tincture a shot if you're looking for something that's discreet that will get you high out in public.   Its just a vial of thc infused coconut oil that you use a dropper to put under your tongue.   You can also make yourself and I can walk you through how if you're ever interested.   Stuff is great.   Makes social events so much better.  :lol: 

Edibles are good for that as well. Yeah, I don't even feel high when I smoke anymore. It's a more of an anxiety med at this point. 

29 minutes ago, jdoggydogg said:

Edibles are good for that as well. Yeah, I don't even feel high when I smoke anymore. It's a more of an anxiety med at this point. 

Big difference is that edibles give you that more delayed intense long lasting high while tinctures when absorbed under the tongue give you a traditional high.   You can just swallow the tincture as well and get the same high as an edible so you have the best of both worlds.   Fun fact, edibles such as gummies start out as a tincture and are just mixed with gelatin and placed in molds.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jdoggydogg said:

Sweet. Nice design there.

I really like it. It can fit into the front pocket. Small enough to hid in the palm of your hand when you close your fist. You can then just slip it up to your mouth and inhale 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Mile High said:

I really like it. It can fit into the front pocket. Small enough to hid in the palm of your hand when you close your fist. You can then just slip it up to your mouth and inhale 

What’s it cost? 

57 minutes ago, shuke said:

I didn't know vaping of flower was a thing.  Aren't you just "smoking" it?

Nope. When you "smoke" flower, you raise the temperature to over 450 degrees F and you reach combustion. It burns.

Flower vapes will raise the temperature to 420 F or so. Not enough for it to burn, but high enough to release all those nice cannabinoids that will give you the effect you're looking for.

(Actually you can get higher vaping flower, supposedly burning flower destroys some of those cannabinoids.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Nigel said:

What’s it cost? 

Around $20 for the battery unit then $20 to $40 for the pod that fits into the battery.  They last me about 2 weeks. I get plenty high enough on the $20 strains. I got a free  battery for buying 2 pods during a promotion.

13 hours ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

Nope. When you "smoke" flower, you raise the temperature to over 450 degrees F and you reach combustion. It burns.

Flower vapes will raise the temperature to 420 F or so. Not enough for it to burn, but high enough to release all those nice cannabinoids that will give you the effect you're looking for.

(Actually you can get higher vaping flower, supposedly burning flower destroys some of those cannabinoids.)

Its pretty interesting.   Unlike burning where the bud turns into ash, when you've exhausted the bud vaping, its still looks like bud, just orangey and dried out.    Its definitely a different high b/c you're not getting all the nasty byproducts of combustion in general.