Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Made my first trip to a recreational dispensary in Michigan. Nice place, friendly staff, but it was crazy busy and they were sold out of a lot. Got an 1/8 of Orange Daquiri though. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Made my first trip to a recreational dispensary in Michigan. Nice place, friendly staff, but it was crazy busy and they were sold out of a lot. Got an 1/8 of Orange Daquiri though. 

:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, johnnycakes said:

:thumbup:

It was interesting. I’ve been to ones in Denver and I’ve been a long time smoker/vaper, just never got it legally. There’s not many places right now where you can buy recreationally yet but once we get more shops open, it should take care of the lines and sellouts.

Didnt realize that Illinois was legal now, so I need to plan a trip across the border on my next weekday off.  How do these places handle out of state IDs? I assume you are able to buy less, if at all? 

Probably should research this before heading out. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Didnt realize that Illinois was legal now, so I need to plan a trip across the border on my next weekday off.  How do these places handle out of state IDs? I assume you are able to buy less, if at all? 

I was there last weekend and didn’t bother. By all accounts, it’s still a complete ####show.  Def do your research. It might be better outside of Chicago. 

14 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I was there last weekend and didn’t bother. By all accounts, it’s still a complete ####show.  Def do your research. It might be better outside of Chicago. 

One of the people at work said a friend found something close to the border.  Told him to get me an address.  

41 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Colorado use to have a limit for out of state tourist but pretty sure they can buy the same as residents now. So yeah best to check Illinois laws.

16 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

whats the prices like?

gram, q and half...

12-20 a gram, 40-55 an eighth. But then there were taxes so I think my 1/8 of Orange Daquiri ended up like $62. It's top shelf stuff at least and it's legal, but prices are high. 

30 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

12-20 a gram, 40-55 an eighth. But then there were taxes so I think my 1/8 of Orange Daquiri ended up like $62. It's top shelf stuff at least and it's legal, but prices are high. 

What was sold out- was it more popular strains, or was it cartridges/edibles? 

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

What was sold out- was it more popular strains, or was it cartridges/edibles? 

Strains of flower were broken down 2 ways. They had a table with clear jars with magnifying lenses and sliders so you could smell it. These  jars were attached by a wire to the table so like at a cell phone store you could pull it out and examine the smell and look. You could order that stuff in whatever quantities you wanted. That was pretty much totally sold out. They had a bunch of prepackaged 1/8 though and still of good stuff. This orange daquiri is apparently pretty new and it packed a punch. I wanted to get some vape cartridges but they had sold out of their allotment for recreational. They had more but those were earmarked only for medical. 

11 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Holy hell!

High is an understatement. I get a q for 50 from my guy. lol

We all know the quality matters, but at 62 1/8? I'll stick too the poor mans weed. 😉

10 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Strains of flower were broken down 2 ways. They had a table with clear jars with magnifying lenses and sliders so you could smell it. These  jars were attached by a wire to the table so like at a cell phone store you could pull it out and examine the smell and look. You could order that stuff in whatever quantities you wanted. That was pretty much totally sold out. They had a bunch of prepackaged 1/8 though and still of good stuff. This orange daquiri is apparently pretty new and it packed a punch. I wanted to get some vape cartridges but they had sold out of their allotment for recreational. They had more but those were earmarked only for medical. 

This is why dispensaries will die down soon. The prices and the "medical" and "recreational" difference is pointless. The coolness of checking it out will snap back to reality at these prices. I lived in Colorado, never went into a dispensary...never had the urge or need. Smoking for 30 years, never got pinched and never needed a dispensary. Im a boomer, I guess.

Strains of flower? lol The dispensaries have people trying to make smoking weed all proper. Recreational, flower, cannibas, lol. I hear them talk on TV and its like, I cant help but laugh. When people talk like that it sounds fake and they dont actually smoke. Just saying...no offense to you making the reference. I know you are explaining, and they are too...but still sounds odd to me. 

I dont even know the name of the stuff I currently have. I just call it some good s##t. 

Edited by tackle for loss
52 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

This is why dispensaries will die down soon. The prices and the "medical" and "recreational" difference is pointless. The coolness of checking it out will snap back to reality at these prices. I lived in Colorado, never went into a dispensary...never had the urge or need. Smoking for 30 years, never got pinched and never needed a dispensary. Im a boomer, I guess.

Strains of flower? lol The dispensaries have people trying to make smoking weed all proper. Recreational, flower, cannibas, lol. I hear them talk on TV and its like, I cant help but laugh. When people talk like that it sounds fake and they dont actually smoke. Just saying...no offense to you making the reference. I know you are explaining, and they are too...but still sounds odd to me. 

I dont even know the name of the stuff I currently have. I just call it some good s##t. 

Yeah it’s pricey for sure. That will come down in time. I am fine with paying it and enjoying the convenience of being able to get it myself on my terms. It’s good for the economy, local business and state taxes. I’m happy to contribute to that. 

1 hour ago, tackle for loss said:

Holy hell!

High is an understatement. I get a q for 50 from my guy. lol

We all know the quality matters, but at 62 1/8? I'll stick too the poor mans weed. 😉

Prices will go down. You can get quarters for around 50 after tax in Colorado.

Edited to add: just ran a quarter into a shopping cart. 43.27 with tax.

Edited by Mile High
On 1/5/2020 at 10:55 PM, shuke said:

Toilet paper roll and aluminum foil for the win.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, fatness said:

Back when I was in college, before there was dirt, we called this a Der Der.

"But we don't have anything to smoke it with." .. "Der Der it."

Steamroller

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Not sure what you mean here, among other things the tax rate if you have a medical card is lower.  For someone concerned with prices, this doesn't seem pointless.

The designation seemed to be done to assure people with medical needs are able to get their products. It makes sense to me. You don't want someone who is using for a medical need like pain or cancer not being able to get anything because all the products were bought by 25 year olds who like to get high when they play Madden. 

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

The designation seemed to be done to assure people with medical needs are able to get their products. It makes sense to me. You don't want someone who is using for a medical need like pain or cancer not being able to get anything because all the products were bought by 25 year olds who like to get high when they play Madden. 

Definitely, makes complete sense.  Was confused all around but the pointless quote.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:45 PM, Ilov80s said:

Where did you go- 1 of the places in Ann Arbor or the 1 by Flint? I"m in Mich too and look forward to at least check one out but don't like the idea of an hour drive each way and then an hour or so in line to do it.  Sounds like at least April until a store opens in Detroit because like everything there it's now turned racial. None of the places ready to open there are owned by Detroiters or African-Americans so city council is holding off letting them open until some Detroiters can get approved and ready to open at the same time.

43 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Where did you go- 1 of the places in Ann Arbor or the 1 by Flint? I"m in Mich too and look forward to at least check one out but don't like the idea of an hour drive each way and then an hour or so in line to do it.  Sounds like at least April until a store opens in Detroit because like everything there it's now turned racial. None of the places ready to open there are owned by Detroiters or African-Americans so city council is holding off letting them open until some Detroiters can get approved and ready to open at the same time.

Skymint In AA

On 1/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Didn't mean to quote that ^

On 1/26/2020 at 11:03 AM, tackle for loss said:

Flower is what everywhere calls plant matter/buds these days. It's the new lingo.

Edited by Wingnut
6 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Flower is what everywhere calls plant matter/buds these days. It's the new lingo.

Funny - I'm 53 and have been smoking for close 40 years, and calling it flower the last year or two just sort of happened naturally. It makes sense to me.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2020 at 10:55 PM, Ilov80s said:

In Illinois I paid $70 a few weeks ago for 1/8 including taxes.  The limit was 1/8 per person of flower and there was only one variety available.  I know that price seems high but the stuff is good enough for over 100 highs in that 1/8 (for me, anyway, mileage may vary).   That's pretty dirt cheap thinking about it that way.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, tackle for loss said:

OK

medical and rec differences are in the type of product you can get as a medical patient (more quantity and high potency), and no taxes.  Yes, the medical market goes way down when rec arrives but it stays consistent at 10 to 15% of overall sales.

How will dispensaries die down?

As JTC said...strain/cultivars matter.  %'s of THC/CBD/CBG plus all the different terpene profiles.  I get it that some people don't give a #### and just want to get high. 

13 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I bought an ounce a few weeks back for $40.  Crazy.  Will use it for making butter, enough to last me a year or more easily (freezes well).  

I got some of these crazy purple buds of Tropicana Cookies that smell and taste incredible.  Let's get together soon GM...how about a run for 9 holes of disc golf this weekend?  

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Don’t forget to load up for the great distancing.  I just got a hefty amount of Ice Cream Cake #4 and Watermelon Lifesaver.

Got some Ice Cream Cake yesterday.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

I bought an ounce a few weeks back for $40.  Crazy.  Will use it for making butter, enough to last me a year or more easily (freezes well).  

Black market? Quality stuff? That’s insane.

I’ve been buying from a dispensary near Boston but with the 1/8 ($45) per visit flower limit and the world ending I picked up a 1/2 of Pie Face OG today from my guy for $170. I really want to get into cooking with it but too pricey for a novice like me to be dicking around and experimenting with it.

• 5 weeks later...

Local guy has new gummies now. 25mg for $3ea. For my lightweight ###, half of one is a nice very functional daytime glow that runs the whole afternoon. :thumbup: 

I am indeed curious where he's getting them to be able to sell at that price. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Local guy has new gummies now. 25mg for $3ea. For my lightweight ###, half of one is a nice very functional daytime glow that runs the whole afternoon. :thumbup: 

I am indeed curious where he's getting them to be able to sell at that price. 

That’s a good price. Dispensary here has them for $5 per 25mg plus taxes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

You guys don’t have curbside week pickup or weed delivery? Or just not smoking for health reasons?

we have both here, terrible curbside setup at my old spot though. 1 hour plus wait, pass. found a solid delivery service yesterday though. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I’m doing tablets only these days.  No smell, no contraptions, as easy to take as a vitamin.  The only drawback (if you want to call it that) is that they are a micro dose of 5mg per tablet, so I’ve got to take about 6 (30mg) to get where I want to be.  There are 20 tablets per container for a total of 100 mg for $25, and there are both Indica and Sativa options.

Since it is a small dose, it is great for newbies or people with low tolerance who want to work their way up.

http://thepuretonic.com/cantabs/

Edited by lakerstan
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, Nigel said:

Black market? Quality stuff? That’s insane.

I’ve been buying from a dispensary near Boston but with the 1/8 ($45) per visit flower limit and the world ending I picked up a 1/2 of Pie Face OG today from my guy for $170. I really want to get into cooking with it but too pricey for a novice like me to be dicking around and experimenting with it.

It was Double Tangie Banana Shake and I was blown away at how many good, quality nugs were in there.  My wife likes to smoke the flower and doesn't care for the vaping that I do, so she likes this one.  Very mild at 15% THC.  I made butter with 3/4 of it and it yielded a wonderful, mild buzz that really helps with sleep.  At least for me.  

Went back to the dispensary on Saturday looking for more cheap flower and it's not available.  No shake to be had and the guy said that prices have risen considerably since we went under quarantine.  He wasn't joking, but I still got a half ounce of Rude Boi OG for $120, which is still a great deal to me as I was always used to paying around $160 for a half ounce in the olden days.  This is 24% THC but also a heavy indica leaner, so we'll see how this does as an edible source.  Only one way to find out. :devil:

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Tangerine Dream here, enjoying the sun and wish these temps would rise a little more in Michgan.

Yeah, my wife's whole family is in Michigan and they've been stuck indoors until recently.  The weather here has been glorious for a few weeks now and I've just lounged around the front and back with the kids, reading, enjoying the sun.  Would probably be insane if I had your weather. 

• Like 1