Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, my wife's whole family is in Michigan and they've been stuck indoors until recently.  The weather here has been glorious for a few weeks now and I've just lounged around the front and back with the kids, reading, enjoying the sun.  Would probably be insane if I had your weather. 

We’ve had a couple nice days but then it freaking snowed the other day and killed all the soon to be flowers on my dogwood tree. It looks like nice now but went outside and it’s windy and 55. So annoying.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, Nigel said:

I really want to get into cooking with it but too pricey for a novice like me to be dicking around and experimenting with it.

Let me know if you ever want some pointers on making butter.  I've been doing it for a few years now and while you can find all kinds of info on the internet, I'm always happy to share what I've learned making it.

• Like 2
On 5/16/2016 at 7:38 PM, McGarnicle said:

Reposting my oil recipe.

1/4oz. of herb per cup of coconut oil -- I only have access to premium bud. If you have access to mids or you know a grower who will give you their trimmings, you can pack in a lot more plant material, up to a half or even a full oz. of plant material per cup of oil. You can experiment with your ratios any way you like, just exercise caution as necessary with your consumption. You can always have a second cookie if the first one is weak, but good luck if you eat a cookie that's too strong and you're tweaking out like an idiot for 3 hours.

Your plant material should be ground as fine as possible.

Your coconut oil should be highest quality organic/virgin or whatever. Coconut oil has a much greater capacity to absorb the organic compounds from your plants than does butter for example. And it's a pure and delicious fat source that makes the best chocolate chip cookies you've ever had. 

To maximize that absorbtion capacity, add 3 teaspoons of lecithin powder to each cup of oil. This step is really important in my experience. 

But first things first: take your finely ground herb and place it in a pyrex dish. Cover TIGHTLY with foil and bake at 220 for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let it sit until cooled. DO NOT open the foil until it cools.

Add your coconut oil and lecithin to that cooked herb, as per the ratios mentioned above. Again, bake in pyrex and seal as tightly as possible. Bake at 220 for one hour, then turn off the heat and let it sit there until it's completely cooled. You've now started the process of baking the organic compounds from the plant into the fat molecules in the coconut oil. The lecithin you've stirred in has maximized that process. Now, freeze it for at least 8 hours. Freezing smashes up any trichomes that haven't already been broken down by the steps above. Then defrost, and again bake tightly covered at 220 for 20 minutes, again letting it sit until cooled.

Note that all of these cooking/freezing/defrosting/cooking steps have broken down your herb as completely as possible, until every molecule of goodness has been absorbed into that delicious oil with which you can now bake some quality cookies/brownies/whatever. It's been so beaten up by heat and cold that you don't even need to strain it out of the oil. By the time you bake cookies with it for example, the texture will be like any normal cookies you've ever had -- no weird chunks of stems, leaves, etc. But, every last bit of potency from your herb has been captured by this process and is suspended in that oil, ready to get baked into your favorite treats. It's the perfect extraction from a bud/smokable form to a liquid/cookable form. In other words: BIOAVAILABILITY. :thumbup:

On 5/16/2016 at 8:02 PM, McGarnicle said:
COCONUT OIL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS:

In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together the softened coconut oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.

Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. Fold in (stir in) the chocolate chips by hand until just combined.

Use a large cookie scoop (equivalent to 3 tablespoons) or a spoon to shape the dough into balls, and place them on a large plate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough balls for at least 2 hours.

When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chilled dough balls at least 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (Or a baking sheet that has been covered with a Silpat, or greased with cooking spray.)

Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just set. The centers may look slightly undercooked. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 3-4 months.

DIFFICULTY: EASY INGREDIENTS: BAKING SODA, BROWN SUGAR, COCONUT OIL, CORNSTARCH, EGG, FLOUR, GRANULATED SUGAR, SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS, VANILLA EXTRACT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Let me know if you ever want some pointers on making butter.  I've been doing it for a few years now and while you can find all kinds of info on the internet, I'm always happy to share what I've learned making it.

I will someday ping you for pointers. The only barrier to me trying it is having the house/kitchen to myself for a day to give it a go, not a project to undertake with three teenagers milling around.

Just now, Nigel said:

I will someday ping you for pointers. The only barrier to me trying it is having the house/kitchen to myself for a day to give it a go, not a project to undertake with three teenagers milling around.

Yeah, I hear you.  It's weird, we wouldn't feel that way about brewing beer at home but making these products seems to carry a different stigma even though as an Oregon resident it's 100% legal. 

If you haven't tried it yet ---- sample some product that has a 1 to 1 ratio of THC and CBD. This is pretty much all I do anymore, my straight THC days are over.

It puts me in such a blissful state. The THC calms my mind and the CBD calms my body. Anxiety gone!  

• Like 3

I bought a package of high-CBD gummies to try out (I think something like 10 -1 CBD to THC ratio).  I was actually hoping they might help with pains I get from running 50-60 miles a week.  

First time I tried one gummy.  Didn't notice anything different.  The next time two.  Nothing.  Next time three.  Still nothing.  I have four left.  I guess it probably is having effects that I don't realize.  Kind of disappointing though.

9 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I bought a package of high-CBD gummies to try out (I think something like 10 -1 CBD to THC ratio).  I was actually hoping they might help with pains I get from running 50-60 miles a week.  

First time I tried one gummy.  Didn't notice anything different.  The next time two.  Nothing.  Next time three.  Still nothing.  I have four left.  I guess it probably is having effects that I don't realize.  Kind of disappointing though.

You need more THC to get the max effect.  Think of CBD like a bass guitar.  It's important in a rock band, but nobody is lining up to hear bass lines alone.  You need a lead guitar to augment and enhance the bass, to bring it to life.  THC is your lead guitar.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I haven't cooked with it in years but back when I did it would totally stink up the house like weed for days. My kids were little and we would tell them that Mom made Indian food.  They didn't know what weed smelled like or what Indian food smelled like.

Now they know I smoke weed so I guess I could do it but it's so much easier to just buy edibles if I want them.

17 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

How many mgs are you taking at a time?

Edited by eurotrashman
5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, I hear you.  It's weird, we wouldn't feel that way about brewing beer at home but making these products seems to carry a different stigma even though as an Oregon resident it's 100% legal. 

Yup, and my wife perpetuates that stigma.

Thankfully my makeshift home office is in the basement, with a door one step away leading to an area under my deck where I puff away unnoticed, as a teenager hiding from his parents would...but in reverse. In the meantime she's upstairs openly tearing into another bottle of Chardonnay while gazing out the slider, wondering why it yet again looks like there's smoke rising from the floor boards of the deck. :loco:

• Like 5
  • Laughing 6
21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

You need more THC to get the max effect.  Think of CBD like a bass guitar.  It's important in a rock band, but nobody is lining up to hear bass lines alone.  You need a lead guitar to augment and enhance the bass, to bring it to life.  THC is your lead guitar.  

That is a great explanation of it. 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

CBG is on drums and CBN is on the synth.  

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Yup, and my wife perpetuates that stigma.

Thankfully my makeshift home office is in the basement, with a door one step away leading to an area under my deck where I puff away unnoticed, as a teenager hiding from his parents would...but in reverse. In the meantime she's upstairs openly tearing into another bottle of Chardonnay while gazing out the slider, wondering why it yet again looks like there's smoke rising from the floor boards of the deck. :loco:

I feel this deep in my soul. I am with you brother.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, eurotrashman said:

My guess is probably 100 total. Íve had the most success with taking at least 50mg of CBD in a serving and Íve taken as much as a 100mg a few times here and there.

141.63 mg for the pack.  So, 3/10 would be 42.5. I’ll take the the remaining four before smoking a little one day and see if the whole song comes together.

1 hour ago, Juxtatarot said:

141.63 mg for the pack.  So, 3/10 would be 42.5. I’ll take the the remaining four before smoking a little one day and see if the whole song comes together.

One thing I will say if you ever get THC edibles, dial it way way back on dosage, I think 42 mg could blow your face off if you aren't a regular user of it. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
9 hours ago, prosopis said:

Anyone ever throw some kief in their coffee? If so how much? 

I had never even thought of that....is that a thing people do?

14 hours ago, prosopis said:

Anyone ever throw some kief in their coffee? If so how much? 

I don't think that will work.  The coffee isn't going to be hot enough to decarb the kief.

2 hours ago, urbanhack said:

I don't think that will work.  The coffee isn't going to be hot enough to decarb the kief.

hmmmm

The innernets disagree. I will have to look it up again but it did talk about the coffee being hot to do something?

Dispensary was giving free grams of kief for 420. I have never bought kief and was googling how much it cost when I came across the coffee story.

* Free gram kief, free tshirt, buy one get one half off(any product) -  Not worth the hour wait in line. I have heard some fools waited 2+ hours. I have it marked on my calendar for next year to avoid the dispensary on 420

23 minutes ago, prosopis said:

hmmmm

The innernets disagree. I will have to look it up again but it did talk about the coffee being hot to do something?

Dispensary was giving free grams of kief for 420. I have never bought kief and was googling how much it cost when I came across the coffee story.

* Free gram kief, free tshirt, buy one get one half off(any product) -  Not worth the hour wait in line. I have heard some fools waited 2+ hours. I have it marked on my calendar for next year to avoid the dispensary on 420

It all depends if it has been decarbed or not.  

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS590US591&hl=en-US&q=decarboxylation+of+kief&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjP8uLFufroAhVHHDQIHenTC8QQ3rMBKAJ6BAgOECg&biw=1194&bih=721&dpr=2

• Like 1
On 4/11/2020 at 8:18 AM, [icon] said:

Local guy has new gummies now. 25mg for $3ea. For my lightweight ###, half of one is a nice very functional daytime glow that runs the whole afternoon. :thumbup: 

I am indeed curious where he's getting them to be able to sell at that price. 

Down to $2.29ea :lol:  

Edited by [icon]
  • Laughing 1
44 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

CBD can increase anandamide levels by preventing FAAH from breaking it down. Inhibiting the FAAH enzyme has been shown to be a useful strategy for treating anxiety disorders, and some of CBD’s anti-anxiety properties may come from its ability to inhibit this enzyme and thereby increase endocannabinoid tone.

Yes!! I knew it!

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
On 4/21/2020 at 8:50 PM, [icon] said:

Down to $2.29ea :lol:  

After talking to a couple buddies, order size got to 350. :unsure: Split it into two meetups for risk reasons was dreading some felony distribution charge :lol: 

First 200 on wed. Grabbed the other 150 on Friday. Total $800.

25mg each. Solid. :thumbup:  I enjoy a half Around noon for a nice light, feelgood but functional afternoon. 

• Like 1

I want to do edibles, but can’t.  I metabolism them completely different when it goes through my liver.  I’m freaking lit on 5 or 10mg only.  Smoking all day for me.

I just bought some 5% TCH / 15% CBD pre rolls and it’s a really nice buzz with a cocktail.  

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

I want to do edibles, but can’t.  I metabolism them completely different when it goes through my liver.  I’m freaking lit on 5 or 10mg only.  Smoking all day for me.

I just bought some 5% TCH / 15% CBD pre rolls and it’s a really nice buzz with a cocktail.  

80mg in

there’s only one way to fly

• Laughing 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm heading to the store after work today.  I'm hoping to buy some flower but I'm not sure there will be any.  I emailed the store yesterday and they said they hoped to have some either yesterday or today.  If they don't, I have to figure out what to buy.  Here's the menu: https://earthmed.com/recreational-menu/

Maybe the mints?  I've never vaped before and am reluctant to start.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:18 PM, [icon] said:

After talking to a couple buddies, order size got to 350. :unsure: Split it into two meetups for risk reasons was dreading some felony distribution charge :lol: 

First 200 on wed. Grabbed the other 150 on Friday. Total $800.

25mg each. Solid. :thumbup:  I enjoy a half Around noon for a nice light, feelgood but functional afternoon. 

Love my gummies. Get the ones anywhere between 25-50 mgs.

You know you took too many when you  wake up on the couch at 3:00am asking yourself “wtf just happened?”

• Laughing 2

Is anyone here in Illinois?  Thats the closest I can get to a rec shop and was thinking about making a day trip to load up.   In looking up shops, I've seen some articles that say there is a flower shortage in IL.  

Anyone know if thats true?  I'd hate to make the trek up and not be able to get a couple of buds.

1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Is anyone here in Illinois?  Thats the closest I can get to a rec shop and was thinking about making a day trip to load up.   In looking up shops, I've seen some articles that say there is a flower shortage in IL.  

Anyone know if thats true?  I'd hate to make the trek up and not be able to get a couple of buds.

I don't know about IL, but here in NV, most dispensaries now have a website that you can place an order for pick-up so you don't need to guess.

1 hour ago, jb1020 said:

Read my post from one hour ago.  Yes, there are shortages.  If you get lucky, you'll likely be limited to 1/8.