Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

5 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Read my post from one hour ago.  Yes, there are shortages.  If you get lucky, you'll likely be limited to 1/8.

Ahh yeah.  Your post made me think about it....forgot you were there.  Thanks.  

I prefer vape over flower, but if I'm driving up I'm getting what I can.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

1 hour ago, Juxtatarot said:

I'm heading to the store after work today.  I'm hoping to buy some flower but I'm not sure there will be any.  I emailed the store yesterday and they said they hoped to have some either yesterday or today.  If they don't, I have to figure out what to buy.  Here's the menu: https://earthmed.com/recreational-menu/

Maybe the mints?  I've never vaped before and am reluctant to start.

Get one of the live resin carts.  

id do the cresco GG#4

Edited by urbanhack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Get one of the live resin carts.  

id do the cresco GG#4

That says "disposable pen".  Does that mean I wouldn't have to buy additional equipment?  Maybe I should take your advice.

Edited by Juxtatarot
31 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

That says "disposable pen".  Does that mean I wouldn't have to buy additional equipment?  Maybe I should take your advice.

I didn’t see that part, but yes, it’s just a self contained unit that you throw away once you are done.  Might be a good option to try this out since you are not into vaping. If you like the experience then you can buy the battery hardware and just purchase the carts one by one.

The other strain I saw on there that I like a lot is Strawberry Cough.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Yeah, try one of those.  I've moved from flower to vape over the last year or two cause its so indiscreet.   Goes down a little smoother too, IMO. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, lakerstan said:

I don't know about IL, but here in NV, most dispensaries now have a website that you can place an order for pick-up so you don't need to guess.

Same in Michigan and no shortage at all. They actually have had a lot of deals trying to move product around here. All 8ths are $25, free grams with $100 purchase, buy 2 vape carts get 1 free, etc.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, the moops said:

Anyone deliver to MN? :)

Please contact your state representative and tell them to support legalization.  Bill pending.  

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/minnesota-legislative-leader-introduces-recreational-cannabis-bill?fbclid=IwAR3l5HAsI3bYGNuQSz_OaHbt9XRxBV45a4shpX28tH-35MRgIzKdICRibTk

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

If you're looking for a fun and mindless stoner flick, I recommend Your Highness on HboNow.

It's like a Game of Thrones on weed. Very dumb but I got a good laugh a few times. Plus Natalie Portman at 29. Just fantastic. 

McBride sporting that Minotaur donger as a necklace for the last 1/3 of the movie is classic.

• Like 2
On 5/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, leftcoastguy7 said:

If you're looking for a fun and mindless stoner flick, I recommend Your Highness on HboNow.

It's like a Game of Thrones on weed. Very dumb but I got a good laugh a few times. Plus Natalie Portman at 29. Just fantastic. 

This was the only movie that actually put me to sleep in the movie theater. Of course I was stoned, so that might have had something to do with it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, older guy here. Used to picking up pot old school way, thru a guy.... 

anyway, going to be in Illinois next month and wanted to partake in the now legal flower. 
any tips you can give so I’ll enjoy my high and not make a mistake at the store? 

appreciate any knowledge you can share, thanks 

25 minutes ago, jerry jones said:

Hey, older guy here. Used to picking up pot old school way, thru a guy.... 

anyway, going to be in Illinois next month and wanted to partake in the now legal flower. 
any tips you can give so I’ll enjoy my high and not make a mistake at the store? 

appreciate any knowledge you can share, thanks 

Download Weedmaps, when you find the place you’d like to visit research their menu before going in. It’ll help give you a heads up of what they have in stock without wandering around the store looking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, Illinois is still a ####show, but improving.  With social distancing enforced, the lines are reportedly long, out the door, and the stock is still limited and unpredictable.  I am working all my angles, but the recommendation is still to stay away, at least for the outlets in the city and near the Wisconsin border.  I would appreciate any contrary information, as I and several of my friends are ready to take a drive if its worthwhile.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

As far as I know, Illinois is still a ####show, but improving.  With social distancing enforced, the lines are reportedly long, out the door, and the stock is still limited and unpredictable.  I am working all my angles, but the recommendation is still to stay away, at least for the outlets in the city and near the Wisconsin border.  I would appreciate any contrary information, as I and several of my friends are ready to take a drive if its worthwhile.

I went last month at 5:30 p.m. on a weeknight and I was in and out within 15 minutes.  I'm sure that varies by location though.  You're right about stock being limited particularly for flower.  I got some but it was $120 for 1/8.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Sorry friend. It won't always be like that! It will get better.

In Washington and Oregon we can place an order on the dispensary website. Drive to the place and they will bring it out to our car for us. Pretty sweet, eh?

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

I went last month at 5:30 p.m. on a weeknight and I was in and out within 15 minutes.  I'm sure that varies by location though.  You're right about stock being limited particularly for flower.  I got some but it was $120 for 1/8.  

:eek:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Major said:

:eek:

Yeah, $120 for an 1/8th sounds insane.  We sure thats accurate?  

I keep look at these places in Southern IL.   Do you have to have a medical card in IL to get flower?  This site suggests you do.  It has a Rec menu and a Med Menu.  The Medical menu is the only one with flower. 

19 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Yeah, $120 for an 1/8th sounds insane.  We sure thats accurate?  

I keep look at these places in Southern IL.   Do you have to have a medical card in IL to get flower?  This site suggests you do.  It has a Rec menu and a Med Menu.  The Medical menu is the only one with flower. 

It was for me. 

Where I went (in Addison in Chicago burbs) they don't have flower on the rec menu because I think they sell it out quickly when they get it.   I emailed the store to check before I went.

My understanding is things won't be "normal" in Illinois until next year.  

• Thanks 1

What the hell is going on in Illinois? Michigan has had no shortages and prices are half of that. 

Edited by Ilov80s
18 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What the hell is going on in Illinois? Michigan has had no shortages and prices are half of that. 

My basic understanding is Illinois wanted to go very slowly with licensing to give time for minority-owned businesses to be involved.

• Like 1
Just now, Juxtatarot said:

My basic understanding is Illinois wanted to go very slowly with licensing to give time for minority-owned businesses to be involved.

Illinois had medical before this, right?

4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Illinois had medical before this, right?

Yes but they were very restrictive on what conditions qualified.  It wasn't as easy to get a card as it was in some of the other states.   

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Yes but they were very restrictive on what conditions qualified.  It wasn't as easy to get a card as it was in some of the other states.   

Ok, medical was pretty widespread here so Michigan probably had an easier transition. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

In Washington and Oregon we can place an order on the dispensary website. Drive to the place and they will bring it out to our car for us. Pretty sweet, eh?

Same in Colorado. 

1 hour ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

do they light it for you too?

2 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

do they light it for you too?

lol we have the same set-up here in Michigan. It’s quite nice.

im and everyday, all day kind of guy, for the last 4 decades.  :fro:

i prefer flower but will consume anything that has at least 1 molecule of THC in it.

the last 10 years though, i have started mixing tobacco with my bud and rolling splifs with a 2 to 1(herb) ratio.  that combo makes me right, and it stretches out my weed supply quite a bit.

when im not high, my mind is spent worrying about where to find some and not on issues at hand, and i have anxiety that makes me mad.  

apparently the tobacco helps open the air sacs in one's lungs so more goodness can be absorbed and enjoyed.

just thought i would share my story.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, grateful zed said:

delivered to your home by a cutie on a bicycle would be the next logical step.

We do have delivery but of course  it’s expensive. I’m not sure how cute the delivery people are. I’ve heard stories of some smoking hot budtenders but I’ve pretty much only seen dudes working when I’ve gone.

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

We do have delivery but of course  it’s expensive. I’m not sure how cute the delivery people are. I’ve heard stories of some smoking hot budtenders but I’ve pretty much only seen dudes working when I’ve gone.

the hotties I see are all in-store. The delivery guys are GrubHubesque caliber.

They charge for delivery there? Here in central cali they don't charge, there's just a minimum dollar amount to hit in order to make it worth their trip. 

2 minutes ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

They charge for delivery there? Here in central cali they don't charge, there's just a minimum dollar amount to hit in order to make it worth their trip. 

agreed, if i worked in a shop, either growing, processing or retailing, i would welcome a chance to get out for a ride and deliver a beautiful product to a happy patron.  great business model idea!

i am pretty cute, btw.  pm for pics.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bluto Blutarsky said:

the hotties I see are all in-store. The delivery guys are GrubHubesque caliber.

Yes though to be fair we don’t have many cities allowing recreational right now so to deliver to my house is like 25 mins each way so it might be free if you live in the area. 

6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yes though to be fair we don’t have many cities allowing recreational right now so to deliver to my house is like 25 mins each way so it might be free if you live in the area. 

drones, perhaps?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Juxtatarot said:
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

The way my friend describes it is that the legalization process started with medical back under the Quinn administration.  During the Rauner years, a bunch of regulatory hurdles were put in place around medical use, that made it difficult to go from medical to recreational. When Pritzker signed the current legalization act, it was obviously a huge step, but the infrastructure was not in place and several of the problematic hurdles are still there.  Its a pretty vague explanation, but that's how he describes it. Although my friend is a daily pot-smoker for the past 40 years or so, he's the smartest lawyer I've ever known, so there is probably some truth to his explanation.  Both of us have been friends with Heather Steans for over 20 years - the senator who introduced some of the legalization laws.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Oh my god!  

9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Thinking about loading my minivan up and taking a drive to Illinois.  :oldunsure:

Please keep me posted.  I picked up some mints and candies from a friend last week. His nephew in Portland OR mailed him a package.  I paid $300 for the package with no markup for my friend.  I looked the stuff up online and it was about $75 retail value total.  The worst part is that I had no say in what he sent, and it wasn't stuff I would normally buy. 

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

It was for me. 

Where I went (in Addison in Chicago burbs) they don't have flower on the rec menu because I think they sell it out quickly when they get it.   I emailed the store to check before I went.

My understanding is things won't be "normal" in Illinois until next year.  

This is why we need to be able to ship you guys weed from CA and OR!  

• Like 3

An interesting study came across my Facebook feed from a research group at the University of Colorado Boulder.  It is interesting in a couple of ways.  First, since the researchers are not permitted to bring cannabis products into the university labs, they created a mobile lab to study their test subjects in their home environments.  Secondly the results were rather unexpected as they found no differences in intoxication levels between those using high concentration TCH products compared to those using lower concentration products.  It is a fairly small study and the implications of these results are sort of up in the air, but interesting nonetheless. 

MedicalXpress article

JAMA publication

On 6/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, Galileo said:

An interesting study came across my Facebook feed from a research group at the University of Colorado Boulder.  It is interesting in a couple of ways.  First, since the researchers are not permitted to bring cannabis products into the university labs, they created a mobile lab to study their test subjects in their home environments.  Secondly the results were rather unexpected as they found no differences in intoxication levels between those using high concentration TCH products compared to those using lower concentration products.  It is a fairly small study and the implications of these results are sort of up in the air, but interesting nonetheless. 

MedicalXpress article

JAMA publication

The "high THC" is a fallacy, specifically for flower. I've some of the most intoxicating highs from flower that tested from 15 to 20%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisroberts/2020/06/16/science-reveals-the-cannabis-industrys-greatest-lie-youre-buying-weed-wrong-and-so-is-everyone-else/#32336b6b2ee3

• Like 1

Sort of on topic, but has anyone here gotten a term life policy while being a smoker?   Do you get declined, or just a debit?  Wife and I both need to get another 10-15 year policy.  We didn't smoke when we got our first ones.  

We keep saying we'll just take a 30 day break, but getting past day 2 or 3 has proved to be a challenge.  :bag:

Any insight is appreciated. 

39 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

The "high THC" is a fallacy, specifically for flower. I've some of the most intoxicating highs from flower that tested from 15 to 20%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisroberts/2020/06/16/science-reveals-the-cannabis-industrys-greatest-lie-youre-buying-weed-wrong-and-so-is-everyone-else/#32336b6b2ee3

Your article is citing the study I linked...

• Like 1