Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

24 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Sort of on topic, but has anyone here gotten a term life policy while being a smoker?   Do you get declined, or just a debit?  Wife and I both need to get another 10-15 year policy.  We didn't smoke when we got our first ones.  

We keep saying we'll just take a 30 day break, but getting past day 2 or 3 has proved to be a challenge.  :bag:

Any insight is appreciated. 

I got a 20 yr/$1M policy six months ago (I'm 50) and was very nervous about it as an every day smoker. I was honest about my usage on the app, but may have downplayed frequency and done some things to dilute my sample. From everything I read though it's better to be upfront about it. I ended up with a "Standard - Non-Tobacco" designation for my Premium Class which isn't great but more reflective of some past health issues. I went through Policygenius, pretty painless.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I got a 20 yr/$1M policy six months ago (I'm 50) and was very nervous about it as an every day smoker. I was honest about my usage on the app, but may have downplayed frequency and done some things to dilute my sample. From everything I read though it's better to be upfront about it. I ended up with a "Standard - Non-Tobacco" designation for my Premium Class which isn't great but more reflective of some past health issues. I went through Policygenius, pretty painless.

Good to hear.  I think I'm psyching myself out for no good reason.   Wife is pretty adamant that we'll be fine to just tell them the truth, mostly.   I'm a stickler, thinking we need to be squeaky clean to save a few bucks.  

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

How do you dilute the sample without getting caught?

6 hours ago, jb1020 said:

Sort of on topic, but has anyone here gotten a term life policy while being a smoker?   Do you get declined, or just a debit?  Wife and I both need to get another 10-15 year policy.  We didn't smoke when we got our first ones.  

We keep saying we'll just take a 30 day break, but getting past day 2 or 3 has proved to be a challenge.  :bag:

Any insight is appreciated. 

I’m not sure how much body fat you two have but I’ve found even with pretty heavy usage, it’s out of your system after 10-14 days. You can buy a test at the drug store to test ahead of time to be sure.

• Like 1

The guy I was talking to at work recommended Verilife in North Aurora for those thinking about heading to IL.  Last I visited their site they had appointments.  He said they were in and out in about 15-20mins and it was a bit cheaper than the other one they tried that was just across the WI border.   He said prices are closer to $60-70 an 1/8th and about $60 for a vape cartridge?

Unless something comes up, I am planning on looking into this on next Tues when I get a day off.  

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The guy I was talking to at work recommended Verilife in North Aurora for those thinking about heading to IL.  Last I visited their site they had appointments.  He said they were in and out in about 15-20mins and it was a bit cheaper than the other one they tried that was just across the WI border.   He said prices are closer to $60-70 an 1/8th and about $60 for a vape cartridge?

Unless something comes up, I am planning on looking into this on next Tues when I get a day off.  

Those probes are much more reasonable than what I’ve seen posted about Illinois before. It’s similar to what Michigan prices are once you factor in taxes.

I was paying $5 for an 8th last year or so.  :lmao:

Huge glut in Oregon but they've worked through it. I need more flower so will investigate tomorrow.  Really need to find an outfit that will simply sell me shake and trimmings.  I just want to make butter, man.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I was paying $5 for an 8th last year or so.  :lmao:

Huge glut in Oregon but they've worked through it. I need more flower so will investigate tomorrow.  Really need to find an outfit that will simply sell me shake and trimmings.  I just want to make butter, man.  

My guy uses his shake to make butter. Charges $75  a stick. I don't know if that price is crazy or not? 

9 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Natures care in Rolling Meadows is ok. Appointment only due to Covid. Price on the site is the price you pay. Unlike Mundelein tack on 30 percent to the price on their site. Not sure about Aurora.

https://naturescarecompany.com

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

Just did the online app with them and they didn't ask about it at all.  Just asked about nicotine usage.  

Got to the real application and they asked if I had "ever been treated for the following....alcohol, hallucinogenic drugs, etc."  

I didn't go out of my way to tell them anything they didn't ask for.  We shall see I guess.

11 minutes ago, jb1020 said:

Just did the online app with them and they didn't ask about it at all.  Just asked about nicotine usage.  

Got to the real application and they asked if I had "ever been treated for the following....alcohol, hallucinogenic drugs, etc."  

I didn't go out of my way to tell them anything they didn't ask for.  We shall see I guess.

My recollection is that it didn't come up until the nurse came to my house to take blood/urine samples.

15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

My recollection is that it didn't come up until the nurse came to my house to take blood/urine samples.

Good, just making sure I didn't miss something.  

4 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Guess it all depends on how much a stick weighs and what the THC levels are.....

I have some leftover butter that I'm not going to use. You'll have to run some small batches to test the potency. I just can't do edibles any longer. I'll hit you up when I get back from Chicago at the end of next week.  Hopefully things will have started to open up here.  :cheers:

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

I have some leftover butter that I'm not going to use. You'll have to run some small batches to test the potency. I just can't do edibles any longer. I'll hit you up when I get back from Chicago at the end of next week.  Hopefully things will have started to open up here.  :cheers:

IN!!!!  

• Like 1
On 6/17/2020 at 7:54 AM, pack100 said:

Natures care in Rolling Meadows is ok. Appointment only due to Covid. Price on the site is the price you pay. Unlike Mundelein tack on 30 percent to the price on their site. Not sure about Aurora.

https://naturescarecompany.com

@pack100 is the following still true? I logged on to site for the place I was recommended, and there was no more appointments to click on.  

Alright - it's official.   I even got the go ahead with the wife and I am taking her car down instead of my POS on Tuesday.   But, I am a complete noob, so help me out with what to look for.  I am probably going more for vape cartridges since it's quicker.   What should I be looking for - brand, THC %?  What if they have edibles? Again - form, %, etc.. 

I have a grinder, one-hitter that I've never used, so I am not opposed to getting some flower, but I always feel like a dumb ### in that dept because I have 0 clue what I am doing as far as grinding, etc..   So would you get that over vape/edibles and if so again - strands, content recs, etc... Also tips on WTF I should be doing with this stuff.  :lol:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Alright - it's official.   I even got the go ahead with the wife and I am taking her car down instead of my POS on Tuesday.   But, I am a complete noob, so help me out with what to look for.  I am probably going more for vape cartridges since it's quicker.   What should I be looking for - brand, THC %?  What if they have edibles? Again - form, %, etc.. 

I have a grinder, one-hitter that I've never used, so I am not opposed to getting some flower, but I always feel like a dumb ### in that dept because I have 0 clue what I am doing as far as grinding, etc..   So would you get that over vape/edibles and if so again - strands, content recs, etc... Also tips on WTF I should be doing with this stuff.  :lol:

You won’t be the first person walking into the dispensary looking for help.  Let them know what you are trying to achieve and most bud-tenders will point you in the right direction.  
Generally speaking strains with more sativa will provide more energy while indica is more of a relaxing couch lock buzz. 

2 hours ago, berndog said:

You won’t be the first person walking into the dispensary looking for help.  Let them know what you are trying to achieve and most bud-tenders will point you in the right direction.  
Generally speaking strains with more sativa will provide more energy while indica is more of a relaxing couch lock buzz. 

Oh, I know.  Just don't want to walk in like a total noob or get somebody trying to push some lame stuff on a rookie.  ;)

12 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just ask the people working there. They will gladly help you out. Think of it as no different than someone coming to your restaurant saying they have never been there before and want some guidance on what to order.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Oh, I know.  Just don't want to walk in like a total noob or get somebody trying to push some lame stuff on a rookie.  ;)

My experience is so everything will be high quality so that’s likely not a worry. How I choose what flower to get is totally just looks and smell. A cool name probably influences me as well. With vape, like bud, there are 3 kinds: Indica, sativa and hybrid. Indica is a night time smoke where you melt into the couch, sativa is better in the day if you have stuff to do and hybrid is in the middle. Some strains will be better for creativity or pain relief or falling asleep or feeling happy. If you let the tenders know, they will be able to guide you on what’s best for what you want. There are soooo many strains that’s impossible to really know what they all will specialize in. 

As for your grinder, you can’t really mess it up. Just put a bud in and rotate it a few times and you are good. You can’t really over or under grind it. 

17 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@pack100 is the following still true? I logged on to site for the place I was recommended, and there was no more appointments to click on.  

Is that Nature’s Care place where you are going?

5 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

What is this butter?  Is it like peanut butter or almond butter?

For my purposes, this is just butter that I'm cooking up with weed/pot/grass/ganja/maryjane/dope.....you get the gist.  

Here's what I do, a play-by-play:

• Go to legal dispensary and ask them if they have any shake or trimmings for sale on the cheap.  Usually, I'm in luck.  On Wed. I was able to buy a full ounce of nice, Double Tangie Banana for $50.  That's a steal!  THC content around 16% and at 60% Indica, this produces a calm, chill buzz.
  • Next, I'm going to decarbonize (Decarboxylation) this weed.  In simple terms, I'm going to spread this shake out on top of a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put it into a pre-heated oven at 220 for 30-45 minutes.  If your weed is sticky or clumpy, break it apart with your fingers first.  The shake I bought is already very fine, so I can skip this.
  • Once debarbed, you can grind this stuff down further in a hand grinder or if you don't have it, a food processor - not completely necessary if the shake/weed is already ground down, but the finer your weed pre-cook, the better.
  • If you have a double broiler, now is the perfect time to get it out of storage.  Not totally necessary and you can do this a number of different ways, but a double boiler is perfect because - and this is critical - YOU DO NOT WANT TO BURN THE WEED!  
  • Now, you can find a hundred different recipes and/or websites directing you on how much weed to butter ratio to use.  Here's what I'm going with (not right, not wrong, just what GM is doing).  1/2 Ounce of this shake weed - 1 Lb of butter (four sticks).  That's a pretty solid ratio using 16% THC weed.  Plus, you're REALLY stretching your budget by cooking this into edible form and the more 'product' you can make off of your weed, the better for your wallet.
  • Put water in the bottom of your double boiler so the top boiler is sitting just on top of the water.  Add 4 sticks (1 LB) of butter into the top boiler and add 1 Cup of water (this is important - again, it keeps your weed from getting scorched).  Let the butter melt into the water and then add 1/2 ounce of your decarbed shake.  Bring this to a roiling boil and stir every so often to keep things moving.  Eventually, you'll want to get this to a nice simmer, cover the top with a lid and stir occasionally.  The longer you cook, the more potent your butter will be, so don't be afraid to let this go for 2 hours or more.  3 hours is really the sweet spot.
  • When you're done cooking, you'll want to pour the melted butter into a disposable aluminum foil pan (like what you'd make banana nut bread in).  To do this, first place a cheese cloth over the pan and secure with a rubber band.  This is hot, so take precautions.  After most of the butter had drained through the cheese cloth, carefully fold it up over all the weedy goodness, wrap tightly around the glob and using tongs, SQUEEZE every last drop of goodness into the pan.  Drain that puppy!  Then discard the cheesecloth (or suckle it, you sick monkey, you know you like to get hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhh).  
  • Put the pan with your butter into the freezer for 45 minutes.  
  • After 45 minutes, take out of the freezer, place the pan over your kitchen sink and stab the bottom of the pan with a sharp knife to let the water drain out.  What's left is a nice, gorgeous green butter that you can now use in anything you use butter for.  I make cookies with it, but you can make scones, bread, spread it on toast, etc.  It's your butter!   Keep it in the freezer for up to 6 months or longer if sealed well.  Go slow and small with your butter until you get a handle on its potency and how it reacts to your body personally.  

This has been GM for YouTube weed butter cooking. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

@Ilov80s

No, the place I was recommended was Verilife in Noth Aurora 

Yeah this place looks much better. My only tip is looking at the cartridges available, the 1g ones are the value. Here in Michigan the 1/2 gram are around $50 but the 1g are only around $65. I don’t understand it and the 1g ones are hard to find but it’s what I keep an eye out for.

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah this place looks much better. My only tip is looking at the cartridges available, the 1g ones are the value. Here in Michigan the 1/2 gram are around $50 but the 1g are only around $65. I don’t understand it and the 1g ones are hard to find but it’s what I keep an eye out for.

That's double the price in California.

4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

You mean verilife looks better or the one he suggested? 

I clicked on the other one, but decided I didn't want the cops involved if I parked in the wrong spot or walked on a wrong patch of grass.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
6 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

You mean verilife looks better or the one he suggested? 

I clicked on the other one, but decided I didn't want the cops involved if I parked in the wrong spot or walked on a wrong patch of grass.  :lol:

The place you sent me looks better

• Like 1
On 6/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, Ilov80s said:

Is that Nature’s Care place where you are going?

Sorry just checked back in. Yes I go to Natures care. You need to get your preorder in early as time slots fill up quickly. Parking does suck but never had cops called. I also live close enough to ride my bike if I was not lazy. How did Aurora go?

21 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@Ilov80s

No, the place I was recommended was Verilife in Noth Aurora 

I was calling Veralife during the day yesterday to try to set up an appt, ended up leaving a voicemail and haven't heard back. 

I'm waiting for my man
Twenty-six dollars in my hand

5 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I was calling Veralife during the day yesterday to try to set up an appt, ended up leaving a voicemail and haven't heard back. 

I'm waiting for my man
Twenty-six dollars in my hand

@CletiusMaximus - I emailed a couple days ago to ask if appts were still a thing and also haven't heard back.  When they were there about 3 weeks ago on the site, it was clear and obvious, and now it's not there.  Didn't Illinois go to phrase 3? If so, maybe that took out the need for appointments.  

Anyway, I have 0 do to on Tuesday, so I will find out one way or the other after I drive down.  

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

@CletiusMaximus - I emailed a couple days ago to ask if appts were still a thing and also haven't heard back.  When they were there about 3 weeks ago on the site, it was clear and obvious, and now it's not there.  Didn't Illinois go to phrase 3? If so, maybe that took out the need for appointments.  

Anyway, I have 0 do to on Tuesday, so I will find out one way or the other after I drive down.  

awesome - let me know.  I have a care package coming my way in the next couple days, but I've got the time and desire to make the 90 minute drive to Arlington or Aurora if its worthwhile.

19 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Go on....

Same as the others as far as the coconut oil mix. I take about 1/4 cup of that along with a 12 oz can of cashews and blend them in a cuisinart with about  1 T of avocado oil or more depending on preferred creaminess. I put about a tablespoon on whatever I am eating (assuming it goes with cashew butter) and wa la, fun in about half an hour.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

awesome - let me know.  I have a care package coming my way in the next couple days, but I've got the time and desire to make the 90 minute drive to Arlington or Aurora if its worthwhile.

Arlington Heights Verilife is Medical Only. Where are you coming from?

@CletiusMaximus - the kid that works at the store that goes to Verilife says you need to pre-order and then it gives you a time for an appointment after you select what you want and check out.  So whatever is on their rec menu is what they have for that, which I guess is only 1-2 vape carts and a few flower?    I guess they tried going down Saturday without an appointment b/c it wasn't on the main page any more, but they got there and had to go that route.  He said they just lucked out that they had something at the end of the day at 4:30 so they just waited around for 4 hours.   

More and more I am wondering if this 5 hour round trip is going to be worth it. 

• Like 1
On 6/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

Milwaukee. 

Does anyone know whether Wisconsin doctors give medical marijuana certs?

I’m pretty sure they are not able to do it.

• Thanks 1
On 6/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, CletiusMaximus said:

Milwaukee. 

Does anyone know whether Wisconsin doctors give medical marijuana certs?

Nope, one of the few things that sucks here.  Recreational is available in Illinois.

• Thanks 1

Used to buy flower by the eighth as rolling j's is my favorite way to partake by far. I never liked the high I got off of vaping as much, and while edibles are good, they often get me on too anxious of a high.

I also have very little will-power so if it's in the house, I'll smoke it -- as much as I try to hold off and stretch it out. 

To cut back, decreased my trips to the local dispensary and just bought a preroll or two per trip. Does the trick, but the weed quality is not the same as getting 3.5 oz of sticky bud.

Having smoked weed (and only weed) more years than not in my life, I think it's time to really consider switching to something that will be a little healthier for the lungs.

Seems to me that vaping flower is much better in that regard than oil or wax -- is that impression right?

If so, can anyone suggest a really good flower vaper rig? Any tips/advice on this approach?

6 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Used to buy flower by the eighth as rolling j's is my favorite way to partake by far. I never liked the high I got off of vaping as much, and while edibles are good, they often get me on too anxious of a high.

I also have very little will-power so if it's in the house, I'll smoke it -- as much as I try to hold off and stretch it out. 

To cut back, decreased my trips to the local dispensary and just bought a preroll or two per trip. Does the trick, but the weed quality is not the same as getting 3.5 oz of sticky bud.

Having smoked weed (and only weed) more years than not in my life, I think it's time to really consider switching to something that will be a little healthier for the lungs.

Seems to me that vaping flower is much better in that regard than oil or wax -- is that impression right?

If so, can anyone suggest a really good flower vaper rig? Any tips/advice on this approach?

I think it is the opposite and smoking flower is worse than vaping for your lungs. 

7 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Yes, your lungs will thank you once you give up burning weed and move to flower vaping. Plus you'll get higher. 

Storz & Bickel make the best flower vapes imo. They are costly but worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1