What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (2 Viewers)

Just got done with my medical re-certification.  What a joke.  The only question related to cannabis they asked me was, "do you think cannabis helps you?"  The whole interview was virtual... lasted all of about 5 minutes.  Anyone could have gotten an MMJ card like this.... for $150 you get out of the 20%+ taxes they charge retail.  

johnnycakes said:
Just got done with my medical re-certification.  What a joke.  The only question related to cannabis they asked me was, "do you think cannabis helps you?"  The whole interview was virtual... lasted all of about 5 minutes.  Anyone could have gotten an MMJ card like this.... for $150 you get out of the 20%+ taxes they charge retail.  
:goodposting: I am in FL and it's the same scam.  I obviously voted to legalize it, but the greed for something we can all grow for free is sickening.  How many low income people can afford this process?  Then we have to go to the dispensary and wait for some stoner to type everything into a computer and peel off stickers one by one to stick on the product.  Even if you pre-order, it's a 10 min process.  I can't wait until Amazon puts all these guys out of business.

:goodposting: I am in FL and it's the same scam.  I obviously voted to legalize it, but the greed for something we can all grow for free is sickening.  How many low income people can afford this process?  Then we have to go to the dispensary and wait for some stoner to type everything into a computer and peel off stickers one by one to stick on the product.  Even if you pre-order, it's a 10 min process.  I can't wait until Amazon puts all these guys out of business.
I agree with this, but I don't think I'll ever be able to complain about being able to walk into a dispensary and stroll out with two month's worth of high quality weed.  I don't care if the guy behind the counter is named Bernie McKeef and he insults my mom out of pure gratuitous meanness.  I'll cope.  

I agree with this, but I don't think I'll ever be able to complain about being able to walk into a dispensary and stroll out with two month's worth of high quality weed.  I don't care if the guy behind the counter is named Bernie McKeef and he insults my mom out of pure gratuitous meanness.  I'll cope.  
I'm not complaining about that, I'm complaining about the fortune that's being made that outsiders can't get in on.  And, the outrageous prices compared to places like California & Colorado.  I'm sure it will get better.  I have already noticed prices going down and pretty decent discounts at times.

johnnycakes said:

My friend in Illinois did his by telephone.  The doctor scheduled his consultations in 15 minute increments.  He called my friend 10 minutes late while the doctor was boarding a plane.  He asked one question and my friend started talking about pain, stress, etc. - doctor interrupted him and said "that's enough. You'll get confirmation from my office later today." 

I'm not complaining about that, I'm complaining about the fortune that's being made that outsiders can't get in on.  And, the outrageous prices compared to places like California & Colorado.  I'm sure it will get better.  I have already noticed prices going down and pretty decent discounts at times.
Good point.  It just so happens that I have good reasons for being in Colorado on a semi-regular basis (daughter attends college in the southwest and the easiest route for me to get there takes me through the centennial state.  But I also drive through Illinois pretty often (parents live in Indiana) and I've never even bothered to stop at a dispensary because the pricing and product availability were ridiculous the last time I looked.

Policy makers in some states just can't get out of their own way.  "Legalizing weed" while also putting all kinds of restrictions on who can set up shop and where, and also taxing it into infinity, is not good policy.  

IvanKaramazov said:
Good point.  It just so happens that I have good reasons for being in Colorado on a semi-regular basis (daughter attends college in the southwest and the easiest route for me to get there takes me through the centennial state.  But I also drive through Illinois pretty often (parents live in Indiana) and I've never even bothered to stop at a dispensary because the pricing and product availability were ridiculous the last time I looked.

Policy makers in some states just can't get out of their own way.  "Legalizing weed" while also putting all kinds of restrictions on who can set up shop and where, and also taxing it into infinity, is not good policy.  
And I was being sarcastic about the stoners taking a long time because they have to print out labels for each product and stick them on it.  The inefficiency in this process just annoys me.  I'm glad these people have jobs, but it's not necessary.  Sometimes to help the noobs it's nice, but this should be more Amazon like imo.

And I was being sarcastic about the stoners taking a long time because they have to print out labels for each product and stick them on it.  The inefficiency in this process just annoys me.  I'm glad these people have jobs, but it's not necessary.  Sometimes to help the noobs it's nice, but this should be more Amazon like imo.
Very different than it is in Oregon and Washington. Dirt cheap. Quick and easy.

The General said:
Will read the thread…but anyone use the CBD stuff for old man aches? Snake oil or pretty much Bengay? Better? 
We have tried a few different ones, both a rub and the tinctures.  Seems like it has helped a little, I don’t take it regularly though 

think the last tincture I got was 1000mg, might bump up to 3000mg next time I order.  I bought it more for the wife, shes not convinced it did much but did start taking it again recently 

Disclaimer:  I’m talking about the stuff you have to get from a dispensary, not the stuff they sell at Hollywood Video or gas stations 

Wow, I love RG but they're kind of a budget brand (though quality).  You must not have heard of 710 Labs yet.  They're more up your alley.  

yeah, I'm more a flower and edible guy.  Also based in TX so I'm not privy to the latest.  

Sounds like Florida’s implementation hasn’t been great. It’s incredible in Michigan. So easy and convenient.

Ilov80s said:
Sounds like Florida’s implementation hasn’t been great. It’s incredible in Michigan. So easy and convenient.
I have a family member that is an ultimate Karen with a MMJ card in Florida and other than having to go over county lines to shop (apparently every county gets to decide), she has no complaints about it that I have heard. 

I have a family member that is an ultimate Karen with a MMJ card in Florida and other than having to go over county lines to shop (apparently every county gets to decide), she has no complaints about it that I have heard. 
There's an expression I haven't heard before.  Please explain.  

I know this thread has a few people who work in the industry, so here's a question.

When I go a dispensary and look at flower, I see a bunch of strains that I've never heard of before.  I don't doubt that some or all of them are good in their own way, but I don't have any intelligent basis for picking one over another (aside from the obvious, like indica vs. sativa and THC levels, but we all know those are highly imperfect).  So how come more places don't sell strains that a casual consumer might recognize, like GG4 and GSC?  

One one hand, selling widely-known strains would help solve a "consumer information" problem.  If I pick up some Sour Diesel, I know approximately what I'm getting and I have a decent level of confidence in my purchase.  I have no idea what your dispensary's little bespoke strains happen to be.

On the other hand, if everybody sells Durban Poison, then that becomes a bit of an interchangeable commodity and dispensaries open themselves up to more direct price competition. 

I find stuff like this extremely interesting. 

I know this thread has a few people who work in the industry, so here's a question.

When I go a dispensary and look at flower, I see a bunch of strains that I've never heard of before.  I don't doubt that some or all of them are good in their own way, but I don't have any intelligent basis for picking one over another (aside from the obvious, like indica vs. sativa and THC levels, but we all know those are highly imperfect).  So how come more places don't sell strains that a casual consumer might recognize, like GG4 and GSC?  

One one hand, selling widely-known strains would help solve a "consumer information" problem.  If I pick up some Sour Diesel, I know approximately what I'm getting and I have a decent level of confidence in my purchase.  I have no idea what your dispensary's little bespoke strains happen to be.

On the other hand, if everybody sells Durban Poison, then that becomes a bit of an interchangeable commodity and dispensaries open themselves up to more direct price competition. 

I find stuff like this extremely interesting. 
@IvanKaramazov - 

Have you tried something like Leafly

Yes!  I enjoy researching this sort of thing.  I just suspect that you're average adult use customer would rather walk into a dispensary and buy something they already know about without doing a lot of background reading.
Agree 100%.  

What surprised me when I went to IL was that it was basically like a factory or warehouse.   You order online, there is basically 0 interaction, and most of the time I am flying blind with strains.  I had visions of samples on display, info cards with the type of high, something.   

And to your point, there seems to be a lot of turnover with the strains (I am guessing some of that is more because I am rec user and the medical customers get more selection, so maybe it's more consistent for them).  

Agree 100%.  

What surprised me when I went to IL was that it was basically like a factory or warehouse.   You order online, there is basically 0 interaction, and most of the time I am flying blind with strains.  I had visions of samples on display, info cards with the type of high, something.   

And to your point, there seems to be a lot of turnover with the strains (I am guessing some of that is more because I am rec user and the medical customers get more selection, so maybe it's more consistent for them).  
Interning. The places in Michigan I’ve been to are like you describe. There’s displays, magnifying glasses to see them better, you can smell them. There’s lots of friendly workers who are eager to answer questions. I find places tend to have certain growers who grow particular strains. You try different ones that a place has and find out which you prefer. 

Interning. The places in Michigan I’ve been to are like you describe. There’s displays, magnifying glasses to see them better, you can smell them. There’s lots of friendly workers who are eager to answer questions. I find places tend to have certain growers who grow particular strains. You try different ones that a place has and find out which you prefer. 
Sounds amazing. I would imagine there might be some like that near Chicago more, but I've just tried the 2 closest to me, and they happen to be the same company - Sunnyside.    The product is good (from what my amateur ### can tell anyway), but it's pricey and it's basically just a warehouse building with lines and you get your pre-order and GTFO.  

Were it me and I was looking to extend the product life and get best bang for the dollar, I would ask the budtender if they have any deals on shake weed.  I know every state is different and not sure what the dispensaries have going on in ILL but in Oregon, I can buy an ounce of shake for ~$75.  Doubtful you'll find that, but if they do have some, consider it. Hybrid's work best for this, but I prefer to lean Indica with the shake because sometimes, sativa heavy strains and edibles are a bad mix for me. 

What I've been doing with this shake weed is turning it into coconut oil or cannabis butter.  And when I do that, I basically have turned into Cannabis Jesus.  I'm feeding a flock with one fish, proverbially speaking.  

So you got your max allotment of hybrid shake, you head home and it's time to decarb that ish.  For those not in the know, this is essentially spreading your flower out on a baking sheet lined with foil and putting it in the oven at 225 degrees for 45 minutes.  I actually do this on a grill outdoors so the house doesn't smell like a Cypress Hill touring van.  I even try to grind the flower up a little bit before AND after the decarb process and then store it in an airtight mason jar.

From there, I strongly suggest getting yourself a good jar of coconut oil.  It's a little spendy, but OH SO worth it.  Melt the oil in a crockpot and once melted, throw in your decarbed weed - you can find decent ratios online, but I'll go a half ounce of shake with 1 14oz jar of coconut oil.  Roughly.  Set that on low for 4-6 hours, the longer the better but not TOO long, you don't want to burn it!  

When done, strain it out using a cheesecloth and TA DA - you've got super potent coconut oil that you can use for baked treats, smoothies, or whatever is clever and I'm here to tell you, THIS IS THE WAY.  Maximize your dollar, extend your high by hours and become a popular person with friends, family and footballguys (allegedly). 
Yesterday I was gifted 2 oz of homegrown buds. I desperately want to make butter (or coconut oil, having read this). Tomorrow I have the house to myself for 8 hrs and want to make butter but don’t want lingering stank in house when kids return. Don’t have propane grill. Thoughts on using Big Green Egg?

Yesterday I was gifted 2 oz of homegrown buds. I desperately want to make butter (or coconut oil, having read this). Tomorrow I have the house to myself for 8 hrs and want to make butter but don’t want lingering stank in house when kids return. Don’t have propane grill. Thoughts on using Big Green Egg?

I'm guessing the neighbors might smell it. Your egg might smell like weed until your next cook, too.

Still, if it were legal where I am I'd definitely try that on my egg!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel said:

You can use the egg for sure.  Just keep the temp down to 225-230, loosely cover the herb with foil and decarb away.  I don't think the smell will linger - if it does, just do a burn off before your next cook.  I've never had any issues with lingering smell on the grill or oven.  Let me know how it goes.

You can use the egg for sure.  Just keep the temp down to 225-230, loosely cover the herb with foil and decarb away.  I don't think the smell will linger - if it does, just do a burn off before your next cook.  I've never had any issues with lingering smell on the grill or oven.  Let me know how it goes.
In Hawaii jasmine, gardenia, plumeria and countless tropical flowers season the air with a soothing fragrance that tells you you are in paradise. In San Diego the salty ocean breeze comingles with desert flora and a million eucalyptus trees and instantly tells me I am finally back in Americ's finest city. Portland smells like weed. Of course, you've never had issues. 

I finally broke down and achieved my FL MMJ license. Very simple process.

I went to a Trulieve dispensary grand opening in Inverness on Fri.

While I was standing in the lobby waiting to be called into the med room a guy comes in with his 6 year old son.

The boy looked around and said, "gosh Dad, this place smells just like our house!"

More of a body high than a head high if that makes sense.

Make sure your CBD comes from cannabis. If it is hemp-derived, it ain't gonna do ####
 This isn't true. Hemp is the same as cannabis with different levels of the cannabinoids. You can still produce full spectrum CBD extract which also contains trace elements of THC, which is what you want (IMO). 

CBD on it's own with no other cannabinoids present is garbage. 

Anyone here into Delta 8? Since the regular stuff is still illegal in NC, I've been using more of it to get tinctures to use. Seems pretty good regimen so far.

Anyone here into Delta 8? Since the regular stuff is still illegal in NC, I've been using more of it to get tinctures to use. Seems pretty good regimen so far.
the only thing concerning about Delta 8 is that it’s not regulated. So tinctures, vapes, etc. you have no idea what they are cutting it with or how it’s made.  

I finally broke down and achieved my FL MMJ license. Very simple process.

I went to a Trulieve dispensary grand opening in Inverness on Fri.

While I was standing in the lobby waiting to be called into the med room a guy comes in with his 6 year old son.

The boy looked around and said, "gosh Dad, this place smells just like our house!"
:lol: here in lieu of reaction option.

Loving me some gummies to help with sleep. Game changer
X2.  I am currently in Az which went rec legal this year.  Order on line and pickup in and out of the dispensary in 5 minutes.  One gummie one hour before bed and I sleep all night, no wake ups or dreams.  Also, AZ received 49 million in state taxes in the first 6 months.  Other states are missing the boat on legalizing marijuana.

X2.  I am currently in Az which went rec legal this year.  Order on line and pickup in and out of the dispensary in 5 minutes.  One gummie one hour before bed and I sleep all night, no wake ups or dreams.  Also, AZ received 49 million in state taxes in the first 6 months.  Other states are missing the boat on legalizing marijuana.
:goodposting:   Massachusetts seems to be on board with this.  

https://www.boston.com/news/business/2022/01/23/marijuana-excise-taxes-outpace-alcohol-in-massachusetts/

Just recd my MM card and have been taking gummies to help with anxiety/stress and cut down on my drinking as liver/kidney numbers were concerning at last check up.  It seems very different than flower - just under 10mg has me ready to pass out -while 5mg i barely feel anything.  The sleep is awesome but Id like to be a little more productive at pm.  Id rather not go into the Sativa strains as I dont want a more mellow buzz.  Do you build a tolerance?  Does weight have anything to do with it?  

Users who are viewing this thread