What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (3 Viewers)

Koya said:
I think I found a new favorite portable vaporizer. Heck, if this thing keeps performing like it did this first time and the battery can keep a charge, this might be the best vaporizer EVAH.

:thumbup: DaVinci Ascent. :thumbup: I'm using the Croc skin model, fwiw. Very sharp looking tool... doesn't look like a vaporizer at all. Feels good in the hand to hold. It has a glass straw that gets pulled out that can be used for inhalation. Very easy to set the temperature... and it sets temp very precisely and then holds it. Very smooth vape. Highly recommended.
Works for leaf and oils? Very interested. PAX has been more trouble than its worth.
Really? I've had no issues with it.
Yeah, the constant cleaning is a bit of a pain (even though it's simple to do), but I have had ongoing issues with it (not) charging. Need to send it back and test out their vaunted service.

My other complaint, though I don't see an easy solution, is the fact that it works best when packed tight. I could REALLY use a 1-3 hitter. It ain't always a party goin on, ya know?
Yeah, i find if I pack a moderate amount really tight I can get a solid 3-4 hits out of it.

Koya said:
I think I found a new favorite portable vaporizer. Heck, if this thing keeps performing like it did this first time and the battery can keep a charge, this might be the best vaporizer EVAH.

:thumbup: DaVinci Ascent. :thumbup: I'm using the Croc skin model, fwiw. Very sharp looking tool... doesn't look like a vaporizer at all. Feels good in the hand to hold. It has a glass straw that gets pulled out that can be used for inhalation. Very easy to set the temperature... and it sets temp very precisely and then holds it. Very smooth vape. Highly recommended.
Works for leaf and oils? Very interested. PAX has been more trouble than its worth.
Really? I've had no issues with it.
Yeah, the constant cleaning is a bit of a pain (even though it's simple to do), but I have had ongoing issues with it (not) charging. Need to send it back and test out their vaunted service.

My other complaint, though I don't see an easy solution, is the fact that it works best when packed tight. I could REALLY use a 1-3 hitter. It ain't always a party goin on, ya know?
Try the old bent screen trick. Works like a champ.

It's amazing any of you potheads can type a coherent sentence. How many of you have to keep your spleef time secret? How many of you don't give a #### about who or when you partake?

FWIW I like to vape but haven't found one I can clean enough nor last but I will be checking into JC's link. :thanks:
I don't have kids and my wife is fine with it. Right now I am working restaurant so the pot smokers likely outnumber the non-smokers.

It's amazing any of you potheads can type a coherent sentence. How many of you have to keep your spleef time secret? How many of you don't give a #### about who or when you partake?

FWIW I like to vape but haven't found one I can clean enough nor last but I will be checking into JC's link. :thanks:
Everyone at my work knows I smoke. I'm confident that all of my friends do. Pretty sure that the family knows. I smoke whenever I want to in Denver and reserve judgement if I am traveling.

I don't care who knows that I smoke or if anyone knows when I am doing it as long. I don't during business hours because my job is a bit too much when I'm too high.

Had it for a year + now and agree. Bought it for the price to try out vape vs smoke thinking id eventually upgrade, haven't yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't wear a sandwich board saying I smoke, but I don't go to any great lengths to hide it, either. My wife knows, my family knows, my friends know. Whatever.

I'm fairly low key with it, though. 99% of the time, I smoke alone, in my garage, and then play video games/etc (or sometimes bang out a little work - I'm a writer.) I don't ever take it with me anywhere - never been a big "get high out in public" person. Just not my thing. And I won't drive stoned either.

I don't wear a sandwich board saying I smoke, but I don't go to any great lengths to hide it, either. My wife knows, my family knows, my friends know. Whatever.

I'm fairly low key with it, though. 99% of the time, I smoke alone, in my garage, and then play video games/etc (or sometimes bang out a little work - I'm a writer.) I don't ever take it with me anywhere - never been a big "get high out in public" person. Just not my thing. And I won't drive stoned either.
Same, no urge to do it in public, and the thc dui laws are scary (in washington anyway). Buddy of mine is an all day kinda guy, and more power to him, but I'm happy within my boundaries.

A bowl on sunday morning makes the housework fly by and then watch some football.

I have a MF, may have to give jt another try. I never really got the hang of it, and got an iolite shortly after.
Best way to use it: is a quick, maybe half second hale, repetitively until lung capacity is reached.
I just got some replacement batteries in the mail and gave it another shot. I see what your saying with a bunch of small little hits.

Friends of ours got us some medicinal-strength goodies straight from Denver -- some cherry kush, bubble gum and sour haze. JFC. Words don't do it justice. I need to get out there, maybe next summer.

Had my first experience with edibles yesterday too. Half of a little chocolate chip cookie, again from Denver, and I was completely mashed from 3PM until I went to bed. Will definitely be making some budder in the near future because that experience is freaking AWESOME. Going to use some lesser bud that I can get around here though.

The Truth About Corn Cob Pipes

My grandfather might not appreciate my sharing this here if he were around, I don’t know. But he passed away nearly three decades ago, and I doubt that if I share this now it will bother him much. If I were able to ask him I would, but unfortunately I’m not able to, and I think this is too important to just keep it quiet.

In 1982 when I was 16 years old and visiting my grandparents, one evening my grandfather had a private conversation with me where he told me with some serious intensity that he was not in favor of marijuana being illegal. He had grown up on a farm and was a fairly conservative man, so I wondered if he was baiting me to see if I would tell him that I was smoking dope or something like that – which I had never even gone near.

This was also during the Reagan years. Just a short time before this I had witnessed a very public arrest of a business owner who was supposed to have been selling cocaine, and police officers had searched through my school with drug dogs to sniff all of our lockers. During that a couple of kids I knew had been taken out of class for a few days and would not talk about it after they came back. As a teenager I was also fairly inexperienced with life in general and felt a bit of fear that he was even expressing such a view. It seemed like you never knew if the authorities might hear us back there in the kitchen, and this might end us up in some sort of serious trouble.

My grandfather then described how there was a time when marijuana had been perfectly legal. He said it grew all over, on a lot of farms and even in the ditches along the public roads. He said in the 1920s his father had a couple of especially nice plants that he took good care of behind their barn, and sometimes when his friends would come over they would take some off them and smoke it in a pipe because they liked it.

I asked him why they didn’t just drink something, like beer or liquor. He responded that alcohol was illegal then, and in any case they wouldn’t have had much money to buy bottles of anything and transport them out to the farms. He went on to describe how the marijuana made him and his friends laugh and giggle, and so they called it “silly weed.”

Then one day they were told that marijuana had been declared illegal by the Government. They did not understand why, because they didn’t see anything wrong with it at all. But his father didn’t want any trouble with the Law, and word could spread real fast among the neighboring farms, so he got rid of the plants behind the barn.

My grandfather said that after this sometimes he and his friends would still meet out at night and take some off the blooms of plants they had found in the public ditches. People kept pulling these plants out of the ditches, though, and over time they became more and more difficult to find. Eventually nearly all of them were gone, although here and there one would still pop up somewhere.

He also told me that he knew many people who continued to smoke it on through the 1930s and ’40s, well after it was illegal, doing so quietly, and that other than being afraid of the law they were otherwise just fine as people. He did not tell me if he was one of those people, and I didn’t think to ask him at the time.

He described how a sort of code smokers of grass used was having a corn cob pipe to distinguish themselves from tobacco pipe smokers. I replied that I thought smoking with a corn cob pipe was more a sign that they didn’t have much money, so that as poor farmers they made their own pipes from what they had. He said no, nearly everyone who smoked had a wooden pipe, and they could easily make their own wooden pipes too. Not anyone wanted to give an appearance of being poor. Having a corn cob pipe took a bit of extra effort, which wasn’t worth it unless they wanted to be giving others a signal. He assured me, if I saw an old black-and-white picture of a guy with a corn cob pipe, he would be having a kind of clever smile because he was in on the secret that he was a weed smoker.

My grandfather said he wanted me to know this because the Government was acting like having anything to do with marijuana was a big crime and something worthy of severe punishment, and he didn’t want me to believe that was the case because it just wasn’t true. He said the law about it was what was wrong, not really the people who had a little bit of grass in a box hidden under their bed. I answered this with that they knew it was illegal, so they knew they were breaking the law. He said yes, that was true, but not to judge them too harshly because I didn’t know their circumstances or their life experience. He asked me to keep that in mind, and I told him I would.

Back then we were keeping this conversation just between us, and over about the next 20 years I only shared it with one other person, even after he passed away in 1986. But now this seems more important to tell than to keep quiet, because now marijuana is legal for adults where I live – and I know my grandfather would very much agree with this development. I also know he would encourage us to keep on going with setting those folks who enjoy a little bit of marijuana free.

Has anyone ever smoked pipe tobacco? I've smoked cigs & cigars but have never tried regular old pipe tobacco. They don't seem to be popular at all. I remember a guys dad used to smoke a pipe and i always thought it smelled good. This could be solid schtick.

Has anyone ever smoked pipe tobacco? I've smoked cigs & cigars but have never tried regular old pipe tobacco. They don't seem to be popular at all. I remember a guys dad used to smoke a pipe and i always thought it smelled good. This could be solid schtick.
Back in the college days there was a good tobacco store I used to go to for pipe tobacco. Yes, the stuff smells good. Tastes like ####.

Yeah, edibles are going to be my preferred method of ingestion from now on. Crazy that I waited this long to partake. Much longer lasting and better quality high IMO.

McGarnicle said:
Yeah, edibles are going to be my preferred method of ingestion from now on. Crazy that I waited this long to partake. Much longer lasting and better quality high IMO.
Your tolerance will adjust but yea, I made the rookie mistake of one cookie, and then another 30 minutes later, but once my buddy scraped me off the floor and propped me on the couch it was awesome.

Have tried a couple batches of budder and still not quite getting it right for some reason, but I'll figure it out eventually.

Edibles are great if you are going out (hell sometimes if you are staying in) but it takes too long to kick in for me.

When I want to toke up, I don't want to wait an hour to get the effects. I need to mainline that cookie.

My work league might have 5 teams tie for the last playoff spot depending on sunday, and after thursday it is leaning that way.Total points wins I guess :shrug:

Hotbox. It's the Volkswagen bug of vapos. Cheap, reliable, and worls great.

I have a friend (who may or may not post at FBGs) who got a vape recently and I think he generally likes it but he has a strange complaint. He said the chamber has to be packed full for it to work properly but that if he's by himself that's way too much for him so he ends up being wasteful. Is this a common problem? Are there certain brands to seek out to avoid this?

Also, any particular website that's best to buy these? Or are they all pretty much the same?

It doesn't seem to me to be worth it to buy a non-portable vape, unless there's some reason I'm not thinking of. Mentioned in this thread are:

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

Any considerations I should be aware of before purchase? Need answers fast because Hanukkah is less than two weeks away.

I'm not sure which one my friend has.

I have a pax and it needs to be filled all the way up for optimal use but one pack lasts me 4-5 sessions - I just leave it in there and reuse as needed, turning the heat setting up as needed as well.

Taste is perfectly fine this way. For me it seems like the first few sessions are more mental and the last few end up more body oriented as I use the higher temperature. Have had no issues whatsoever with mine, although I've been really good about cleaning after each time I empty it. Sorry, don't know anything about the other ones you listed.

It doesn't seem to me to be worth it to buy a non-portable vape, unless there's some reason I'm not thinking of. Mentioned in this thread are:

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

Any considerations I should be aware of before purchase? Need answers fast because Hanukkah is less than two weeks away.

That's the one right there

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

Oops I mean that's the one right there

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

Big fan of my Firefly, but gave heard really good things about Pax as well

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

:blackdot:

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

WTF?

This is by far the best buzz I've ever had.

1.75 cookies, feel like I'm floating, not a care in the world. About to eat that last quarter now.

I started Ellington last week and my coworker missed the playoffs because of it

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

WTF?
Don't mind me just amusing myself

PAX

DaVinci Ascent

Magic Flight Box

Hot Box

WTF?
Don't mind me just amusing myself
I loved it. I just wanted to know how one gets...

forget it. I'll let you oldsters have it.

I swear there must be something about the cooking process vs. smoking/vaping that gets all the chemical compounds out of the herb. This is seriously just unbelievable.

I swear there must be something about the cooking process vs. smoking/vaping that gets all the chemical compounds out of the herb. This is seriously just unbelievable.
THC binds to fat. Big timeHence why u slow cook it in butter or Oils

I have the Rams defense and they showed them on TV and I said man, they're gonna get a bunch of sacks and turnovers tonight and again just laughed uncontrollably.

THC binds to fat. Big timeHence why u slow cook it in butter or Oils
I went 2 hours on a low heat on the double boiler. Probably less than 1/8 of bud in the stick of butter. Made 22 cookies and they're this freaking potent. Great Caesar's Ghost!!! :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread