Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I started Ellington last week and my coworker missed the playoffs because of it

Either you are doing this on purpose or you also just ate 1.75 cookies. Edited by Ilov80s
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gorgeous

Bought an ounce of shake for $50 today.  16% THC.  Will decarb this and cook up a pound of butter with it.  Stoked! 

You guys with the prices... we've been waiting for legal weed my entire freaking life, and you guys are like "yea, but the dude on the corner is $20 cheaper".  

I swear there must be something about the cooking process vs. smoking/vaping that gets all the chemical compounds out of the herb. This is seriously just unbelievable.

THC binds to fat. Big time

Hence why u slow cook it in butter or Oils

I went 2 hours on a low heat on the double boiler. Probably less than 1/8 of bud in the stick of butter. Made 22 cookies and they're this freaking potent. Great Caesar's Ghost!!! :lmao:
Those are lightweight compared to what my friends used to cook up. Eating always made me paranoid though. I'm not sure it's the cooking process so much as you are ingesting it and it absorbs in your stomach.

This is by far the best buzz I've ever had.

1.75 cookies, feel like I'm floating, not a care in the world. About to eat that last quarter now.

Careful... easy to overdo it with edibles.
:thumbdown:

Miss you, GB. :thumbup:

Same here brah. You need to hitch a ride with tasker to the great taste next year

• Like 1

I swear there must be something about the cooking process vs. smoking/vaping that gets all the chemical compounds out of the herb. This is seriously just unbelievable.

I went 2 hours on a low heat on the double boiler. Probably less than 1/8 of bud in the stick of butter. Made 22 cookies and they're this freaking potent. Great Caesar's Ghost!!! :lmao:
Those are lightweight compared to what my friends used to cook up. Eating always made me paranoid though. I'm not sure it's the cooking process so much as you are ingesting it and it absorbs in your stomach.
Yeah I ended up using the stuff from Denver which is insanely strong and tried to conserve it as much as possible. Thus the reason for cooking it for two hours, got every bit of goodness into the butter.

less than an eighth? strongest strain ever?

Either you are doing this on purpose or you also just ate 1.75 cookies.

just go with it :shrug: eventually this turns in to that kind of thread.. like the beer thread

• Like 1

less than an eighth? strongest strain ever?

I think it was less, I just eyeballed it. I think 1/8 per stick of butter is the ratio they say to use?

Yeah I ended up using the stuff from Denver which is insanely strong and tried to conserve it as much as possible. Thus the reason for cooking it for two hours, got every bit of goodness into the butter.

Where'd you go in Denver?

This place is a short few blocks from my work: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/lodo-wellness-center

This is a good life.

Edited by TheAristocrat

Where'd you go in Denver?

This place is a short few blocks from my work: https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/lodo-wellness-center

This is a good life.

Friends up north have a connection. No idea which dispensary but we got cherry kush, sour haze and bubblegum.

Either you are doing this on purpose or you also just ate 1.75 cookies.
just go with it :shrug: eventually this turns in to that kind of thread.. like the beer thread
I don't mind...was just kidding.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got my butter technique down perfectly. Half a cookie and I'm frigging zonked. So awesome.

Care to share? (Apologize if you did already).

I have a brownie in my freezer my GB gave me. I'll be eating that Friday night.

I LOVE the edible high. So much smoother/mellow. I'd like to make that my only method of consumption and eliminate the smoking entirely.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

I've got my butter technique down perfectly. Half a cookie and I'm frigging zonked. So awesome.

I LOVE the edible high. So much smoother/mellow. I'd like to make that my only method of consumption and eliminate the smoking entirely.

Stick of butter, 1/8 finely ground herb and 1/2 cup of water in a double boiler. Keep it on a low boil and stir every 10 minutes or so. What I did differently this time was raise the heat a little toward the end of the process, to the point that it started to bubble. Gotta keep stirring at this point. You need to be careful not to scorch the butter (which is the reason for the 1/2 cup of water), but heat is important. There is a process called decarboxylation that occurs with heat, where THCA converts to THC. That extra bit of heat seems to make the difference because this batch was insanely potent.

After the two hours you strain out the herb with cheesecloth, put the butter in the fridge until it solidifies, then discard the remaining water. Use the butter to bake cookies, whatever recipe you want. I use the Tollhouse recipe.

• Like 3

Stick of butter, 1/8 finely ground herb and 1/2 cup of water in a double boiler. Keep it on a low boil and stir every 10 minutes or so. What I did differently this time was raise the heat a little toward the end of the process, to the point that it started to bubble. Gotta keep stirring at this point. You need to be careful not to scorch the butter (which is the reason for the 1/2 cup of water), but heat is important. There is a process called decarboxylation that occurs with heat, where THCA converts to THC. That extra bit of heat seems to make the difference because this batch was insanely potent.

After the two hours you strain out the herb with cheesecloth, put the butter in the fridge until it solidifies, then discard the remaining water. Use the butter to bake cookies, whatever recipe you want. I use the Tollhouse recipe.

By double boiler...you mean a pot of water in a pot of water?

By double boiler...you mean a pot of water in a pot of water?
I use a medium saucepan about half full of water and a pyrex bowl on top of that. Keep the water on a low boil the whole time. The herb, butter and 1/2 cup of water goes in the bowl. Toward the end raise the heat a little so that your butter mixture starts to bubble.

Making butter is pretty easy anyway, but for those interested the Magical Butter Machine makes it even easier. Also makes it very simple to make tinctures and infused oils. I use mine often. :thumbup:

I have a buddy who has been using a pen with wax. How do they make that stuff? What are tintures? Is that for the ecig/ wax pens as well?

Making butter is pretty easy anyway, but for those interested the Magical Butter Machine makes it even easier. Also makes it very simple to make tinctures and infused oils. I use mine often. :thumbup:

I have a buddy who has been using a pen with wax. How do they make that stuff? What are tintures? Is that for the ecig/ wax pens as well?

I've never made wax/hash oil. I know there is butane and stuff involved to create it. A little too Breaking Bad for me to attempt living in an apartment. Maybe someday.

Tinctures are basically just highly concentrated THC in liquid form. Usually I drop an eye dropper or two full into a glass of tea and it works very well. I made mine with Everclear to make it as potent as possible, but I believe with the right type of vegetable glycerin you can create the stuff used in eVapes. I was thinking about attempting that soon, have a lot of friends that would find it useful.

So an 1/8 makes how many cookies?

Only need one for a night?

The number of cookies depends on how big you make them. I use a melon baller and my globs of dough are somewhere between a grape and a golf ball in size, and this last batch made 30 cookies.

I start with half of one cookie and eat the other half a couple hours later. I ate the first cookie all at once and it blew my head off, so it's always best to start slow until you know how it will hit you. For me, the effects are a lot different than smoking...relaxed bordering on an opiate level, and hysterical laughter when the conditions are right. If I overdo it, I start to dissociate from reality and I forget entire conversations the next day. So, yeah. Go easy.

I should clarify something...I'm only using 1/8 per stick of butter because all I get is top-shelf dank from the west coast. The kind of stuff you double bag and it still stinks up your car. I know it's considered a sacrilege to cook with this #### but it's literally all I can get (and I simply prefer edibles nowadays). Every recipe I've seen says 1oz per pound of butter, which I assume is for lesser bud. My formula gets me baked off my ### and it's pretty economical, but you have to adjust based on the quality of herb.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So an 1/8 makes how many cookies?

Only need one for a night?

The number of cookies depends on how big you make them. I use a melon baller and my globs of dough are somewhere between a grape and a golf ball in size, and this last batch made 30 cookies.

I start with half of one cookie and eat the other half a couple hours later. I ate the first cookie all at once and it blew my head off, so it's always best to start slow until you know how it will hit you. For me, the effects are a lot different than smoking...relaxed bordering on an opiate level, and hysterical laughter when the conditions are right. If I overdo it, I start to dissociate from reality and I forget entire conversations the next day. So, yeah. Go easy.

I should clarify something...I'm only using 1/8 per stick of butter because all I get is top-shelf dank from the west coast. The kind of stuff you double bag and it still stinks up your car. I know it's considered a sacrilege to cook with this #### but it's literally all I can get (and I simply prefer edibles nowadays). Every recipe I've seen says 1oz per pound of butter, which I assume is for lesser bud. My formula gets me baked off my ### and it's pretty economical, but you have to adjust based on the quality of herb.

OK, sorry for all the questions, but are you using 1/8 for the entire Toll House recipe? I looked up the Toll House recipe and it calls for 2 sticks of butter. When you make a batch, are you using 1/8 or 1/4 of pot?

ETA: Link to original Toll House recipe

Sorry just saw this. Use 1/8 per stick of butter if you're using quality bud, or more weed if it's less potent stuff or you want a stronger cookie. Start with the 1/8 per stick ratio, then sample the end product. Eat half a cookie, wait 60-90 minutes, eat another half and see how you like it. Adjust future batches to your liking.

I cut the cookie recipe in half, so use just one egg, one stick of butter, etc. You could do a full batch and freeze what you won't consume in the next 1-2 weeks.

isn't it scary. doctors , nurses and scientists are smoking pot, like its no big deal

Welcome to Earth.

For those people who don't live in the legalized states, when you buy pot, do you request sativa vs. indica? Or do you get what they got - so to speak?

Edited by Binky The Doormat

isn't it scary. doctors , nurses and scientists are smoking pot, like its no big deal

Welcome to Earth.

For those people who don't live in the legalized states, when you buy pot, do you request sativa vs. indica? Or do you get what they got - so to speak?

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Welcome to Earth.

Depends on what kind of hook up you have. You certainly haven't always lived in a legalized state.

Welcome to Earth.

Not really a legal/illegal state thing as much as just having the right dealer. Right now I just get whatever my dealer has, because he's not a particularly sophisticated operation. But a good dealer would have different strains available.

• Like 1

Welcome to Earth.

Depends on what kind of hook up you have. You certainly haven't always lived in a legalized state.

I haven't bought pot since college - late 70s/early 80s. I only know those two terms because I recently watched a "Getting Doug With High" youtubes.

• Like 1

Indica vs sativa, which one is better for someone who doesn't want his mind melting? I always forget :bag:

Uni, what type of container do you put the tincture in? Is this the type of liquid I could put in a container and pack in my luggage for a trip abroad?

So, yeah...

The Dutchman told me strange tales of long-ago Lebanese cannabis cooperatives, where hashish gathering sometimes took on a sexually hedonistic aspect. He claimed that during gland gathering adventures in remote areas, beautiful young girls, "selected because they had lush pubic hair," meandered through the cannabis fields on hot late summer afternoons, grinding their swelling pudenda against sticky resinous flowers.

The girls were soon covered in resin glands, which were removed from their skin and hair using specially-shaped tools, and smoked immediately. The taste of the girls' sacred musk infused into the resin powder like a damp natural perfume.

The Dutchman explained how smokers of "goddess hashish" believed that girls' sweat contained substances which symbiotically combined with cannabinoids to potentiate a stronger high. And some of the gatherer goddesses found that cannabinoids penetrated hair and skin to create a burning inner high so intense that it resembled, or triggered, orgasm.

:mellow:

Link

Indica vs sativa, which one is better for someone who doesn't want his mind melting? I always forget :bag:

Uni, what type of container do you put the tincture in? Is this the type of liquid I could put in a container and pack in my luggage for a trip abroad?

I don't know about the 2nd question, but sativa is the kind that doesn't make you feel like you have been hit in the head by a large shovel.

Pure indica is more likely to slow you down and give you some couch lock. Pure sativa is usually more powerful mind wise but is also a much more energetic high.

Best bet is a sativa dominant hybrid that has a small indica cross.

It's insane how sophisticated it's gotten with dealers having different strains to choose from. Green crack, AK-48, blue cheese, northern lights, mango kush, bubblegum, mastodon, Girl Scout cookies... :)

Reads like a vile name list from The Wire

• Like 1

It's insane how sophisticated it's gotten with dealers having different strains to choose from. Green crack, AK-48, blue cheese, northern lights, mango kush, bubblegum, mastodon, Girl Scout cookies... :)

I hear the WMD is the bomb.

I hear the WMD is the bomb.

:lmao:

Bottle Rockets!

• Like 1