What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (2 Viewers)

Expect the same amount of touches that the rb1 (now Damien) and rb2 (now Darrel)and rb3 (now West)received all year. So  15-20, 4-8, 1-2
I don’t think you can assume this.  Damien Williams I s nowhere near the talent Hunt is and isn’t as good as Ware either.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a rotating mess tonight between all 3 backs. 

I don’t think you can assume this.  Damien Williams I s nowhere near the talent Hunt is and isn’t as good as Ware either.  I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a rotating mess tonight between all 3 backs. 
Let's see, The RB with the most NFL experience (who became the #1 guy in Miami after Ajayi was traded) who was the #2 rb who scored twice against Baltimore and who is a good receiver vs. an undrafted RB with little experience but who beat out West who was cut and is no where near football shape.

This is the problem when attempting to evaluate a player like Williams versus an under-performing player who is likely to receive the bulk of the touches (DJ in my case). You use him, it's a 3-way mess, you bench him, he gets 20 carries and 7 catches.

This is the problem when attempting to evaluate a player like Williams versus an under-performing player who is likely to receive the bulk of the touches (DJ in my case). You use him, it's a 3-way mess, you bench him, he gets 20 carries and 7 catches.
Nice ...

I’ll use him, you can bench him. Thanks homie 

ps: I’m starting him. Lost Gordon. My other options are meh, Robbie Anderson probably the leader in of the group on my bench - I’ll take the shot on Damien.

Nice ...

I’ll use him, you can bench him. Thanks homie 

ps: I’m starting him. Lost Gordon. My other options are meh, Robbie Anderson probably the leader in of the group on my bench - I’ll take the shot on Damien.
I am starting Hill tonight as well. I think it's a bit unlikely both are standout performers and there's a decent chance both suck for varying reasons, injury, usage etc.

Let's see, The RB with the most NFL experience (who became the #1 guy in Miami after Ajayi was traded) who was the #2 rb who scored twice against Baltimore and who is a good receiver vs. an undrafted RB with little experience but who beat out West who was cut and is no where near football shape.
You mean the guy who’s been in the league for 5 years, has 530 CAREER rushing yards, and a whopping 3.6 ypc career average.?  Yeah I don’t think he’s good enough to be able sit here and say he’ll be the clear cut starter and take the majority of the carries tonight.  No way anyone can be sure of what’s going to happen. 

Trying to figure who to start among Damien Williams, Mark Ingram, and Jaylen Samuels (I lost a number of RBs and WRs so this is the mess I am left with) in a .5 PPR league is maddening. Each has a number of pros and cons.  Seems like there are more cons for each, whether match-up (Carolina has a tough run defense), skills set (Williams has not shown any "wow" talent to me, he is a third string RB), or plodder (amazing how Samuels can catch and run like  a steamroller but has no juice off the line).  Complicating the matter is that so many "experts" have different opinions of who to start.  In fact, just now, Adam Rank predicts 38 points for Williams! Holy cow now I don't know what to do! Good luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to figure who to start among Damien Williams, Mark Ingram, and Jaylen Samuels (I lost a number of RBs and WRs so this is the mess I am left with) in a .5 PPR league is maddening. Each has a number of pros and cons.  Seems like there are more cons for each, whether match-up (Carolina has a tough run defense), skills set (Williams has not shown any "wow" talent to me, he is a third string RB), or plodder (amazing how Samuels can catch and run like  a steamroller but has no juice off the line).  Complicating the matter is that so many "experts" have different opinions of who to start.  In fact, just now, Adam Rank predicts 38 points for Williams! Holy cow now I don't know what to do! Good luck to all!
Given that Conner could be back (unlikely but possible) I would say that Williams is your safest high upside option.

Will I get crucified if ask your guys thoughts on Williams or Robby Anderson here? 

Robby I at home and has been decent ... 

I'm starting both but I'm not feeling confident at all.
Have  this strange feeling that the shootout everyone is expecting isn't going to happen.

Both teams with pretty significant injuries. Weather colder, a little windy. LAC have shut down Kelce repeatedly.

Picked him up defensively but never considered starting him (I have Saquon and Lindsay). He looks decent, but not as good as the box score is showing. LA has mostly shut down the deep ball (other than that long Tyreek catch) so KC is killing them in the screen game. I give Williams credit for taking what he's being given, but have a feeling he'll be overvalued after this performance.

Picked him up defensively but never considered starting him (I have Saquon and Lindsay). He looks decent, but not as good as the box score is showing. LA has mostly shut down the deep ball (other than that long Tyreek catch) so KC is killing them in the screen game. I give Williams credit for taking what he's being given, but have a feeling he'll be overvalued after this performance.
OK, that last run (which got called back) looked pretty good. Nice burst, then he ran a defender over.

Kid looks good. Wonder what happens if Ware is healed up by next week.

Ware acquitted himself well last weekend, but Williams seems to bring more fire and oomph to the table, and looks a lot more dynamic.

I type this as he lowers his shoulder on a 10+ yard scamper and runs right through a safety.

I liked this guy when he was in Miami. Was always a very good receiver and pass blocker but never seemed to be strong running the ball. 

Not sure if  it’s the KC versus the Miami system that is making the difference, but doesn’t really matter for fantasy purposes tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread