What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (2 Viewers)

Miles Sanders (have Breida, Lindsay, Edmonds, Conner and Carson)
I could see keeping Sanders. Either way you are banking on an injury. At least if Howard gets hurt I don't see Boston Scott eating into Sanders touches as much as I would expect Darrell Williams, and possibly Darwin Thompson, would eat into Damien's touches if McCoy got hurt.

I could see keeping Sanders. Either way you are banking on an injury. At least if Howard gets hurt I don't see Boston Scott eating into Sanders touches as much as I would expect Darrell Williams, and possibly Darwin Thompson, would eat into Damien's touches if McCoy got hurt.
That is why I have kept him thus far.  (though, overall philly isn't really running the ball all that well...but Sanders value out of the backfield is pretty solid).  I am still trying to sell him off with something else to the Howard owner.

Someone asked earlier in this thread about RB's with lots of carries and a low YPC.  I went back 50 years, and no RB has at least 41 carries in a season with a lower YPC than Damien does right now (41/70 = 1.7 YPC).  I gave up searching, but please post if you find a RB that beats him.

Damien Williams rushed seven times for 30 yards and a touchdown in Week 8 against the Packers.

Williams didn’t get involved until LeSean McCoy fumbled late in the the third quarter. His touchdown came on a goal-line carry set up by a Packers penalty in the end-zone. Williams ended up playing two more snaps than McCoy but he hasn’t had much of a role with just 17 touches the last three weeks. Williams will be a touchdown-dependent FLEX for Week 9.

Oct 27, 2019, 11:51 PM ET

what does anyone make of this backfield. prior to mccoy's fumble he was dominating snaps in the GB game. i thought both RB's ran well that game. i'm assuming mccoy is lead dog again this week?

Pretty open backfield because nobody has taken control but if I had to pick one guy I would choose McCoy to see the most touches this week.

My take is that McCoy is the lead dog, but his weaknesses are injury risk, receiving and blocking which allows the other guys steal a decent number of snaps

Any KC homers with insight regarding Shady being grounded this week for his fumble vs his normal amount of touches?

32 yards on his other 9 carries. Just lucky today for anyone who started Dame. 4 touches for Shady. KC backfield remains most unpredictable in the NFL. I repeat, avoid at all costs.

Damien Williams rushed 12 times for 125 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 26-23, Week 9 win over the Vikings.

He caught both of his targets for three yards. Williams looked well on his way to another nondescript box score but ripped off a virtually-untouched 91-yard touchdown run right up the middle of the Minnesota defense midway through the third quarter. LeSean McCoy carried the ball just three times Sunday, as Williams continues to pull away from Shady in back-to-back weeks. Williams will be on the RB3/FLEX map next week at Tennessee with Patrick Mahomes likely back under center.

Nov 3, 2019, 4:14 PM ET

damien had a 43 to 6 snap advantage over shady.... hopefully one of the beat reporters asks Reid today is that what to expect going forward?

damien had a 43 to 6 snap advantage over shady.... hopefully one of the beat reporters asks Reid today is that what to expect going forward?
 I plan to drop McCoy this week.     It feels like Damien is going to be the lead back moving forward.   

Last edited by a moderator:
While I’d love to get some real intel on this situation the reality is Reid won’t give us what we’re looking for if/when asked.  He has no reason too.  

it's impressive considering how good the Vikings are or were supposed to be against the run. good job by D-Dubya
91 yd TD really helps bolster the stats.  Complete break down up front and then a total whiff by the safety.  Terrible all around.  Up until that point it was an unimpressive showing (11 rushes for 34 yds). 

91 yd TD really helps bolster the stats.  Complete break down up front and then a total whiff by the safety.  Terrible all around.  Up until that point it was an unimpressive showing (11 rushes for 34 yds). 
Ah, this takes me back to the Barry Sanders days.

"Yeah but, crap day without that 90+ yd TD!" :D

91 yard TD bolsters stats of course but IIRC that whiff looked more like a shake by DWill to me. 

Ah, this takes me back to the Barry Sanders days.

"Yeah but, crap day without that 90+ yd TD!" :D
Barry was known for breaking long runs.  It wasn't a fluke when he did it.  Damien breaking off a 91 yard TD run untouched is a fluke.  Completely different situations. 

Barry was known for breaking long runs.  It wasn't a fluke when he did it.  Damien breaking off a 91 yard TD run untouched is a fluke.  Completely different situations. 
Typically I'd take issue with this type of analysis, but then I saw this on twitter:

That 91-yard run represents 9.5% of Damien Williams career rushing yards. This is his 6th NFL season...
I'll be tempering my expectations accordingly.

I'm having trouble here.  I am heavily invested in my redraft league (only league) with a 3.9 pick (12 teams).  So I want to see him succeed and that is most definitely clouding my judgment.

I have two desperately RB needy teams that are both deep, to very deep at WR (we combine WR&TE) and I think I can package Williams and Darren Waller for Edelman or maybe even Amari (they're both seriously thin at RB).

But part of me sees what happened week nine, and the end of week eight, and wants to hold for the Pitt, Minn, KC RB trifecta that I thought on draft day would carry me to a championship (Pitt & Minn have been holding up their end of the bargain and then some).

If I can arrange either of those deals I should unquestionably accept them, right?  I have Cook/Mattison, Conner/Samuels, Ronald Jones and Derrius Guice that is a ton of depth, protection and upside.

But man, if Williams actually starts getting the 15 touches/game that I thought he would when I drafted him...???

It isn't a fluke.  Williams is fast. He doesn't have tyreek hill speed but he's a 4.45 guy. The chiefs offense is predicated on speed. Fast guys and a strong armed quarterback. Get guys open in space and stress the defense at every level.  Williams doesn't pound out big gains every carry but he is a good receiver and adequate runner who can break one from time to time.  

Chaka said:
I'm having trouble here.  I am heavily invested in my redraft league (only league) with a 3.9 pick (12 teams).  So I want to see him succeed and that is most definitely clouding my judgment.

I have two desperately RB needy teams that are both deep, to very deep at WR (we combine WR&TE) and I think I can package Williams and Darren Waller for Edelman or maybe even Amari (they're both seriously thin at RB).

But part of me sees what happened week nine, and the end of week eight, and wants to hold for the Pitt, Minn, KC RB trifecta that I thought on draft day would carry me to a championship (Pitt & Minn have been holding up their end of the bargain and then some).

If I can arrange either of those deals I should unquestionably accept them, right?  I have Cook/Mattison, Conner/Samuels, Ronald Jones and Derrius Guice that is a ton of depth, protection and upside.

But man, if Williams actually starts getting the 15 touches/game that I thought he would when I drafted him...???
In your situation I’d take the Cooper deal in a heartbeat.

So do we think Damien is going to be getting the starting touches going forward or was last week an aberration or is McCoy going to slide back into that lead back role?

And even if the "lead back" role changes hands, what does it really mean in KC?  12 touches, maybe, as the three headed monster continues or does the possibility of Reid changing course exist leading to more consistency for Williams?  AC Forum Question

The only news on the issue I see is from yesterday's comments by The Huddle :(thehuddle) Kansas City Chiefs RB Damien Williams played 72% of the Chiefs' offensive snaps in the Week 9 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Analysis: It was Williams' largest snap share of the season but it built off of a trend that started to develop in Week 8. It resulted in his best game of the season as he rushed for 125 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries with a long of 91 yards. Backup LeSean McCoy played just six snaps with Darrel Williams chipping in with 11. Dam. Williams seems to be in full control of the KC backfield right now.

So do we think Damien is going to be getting the starting touches going forward or was last week an aberration or is McCoy going to slide back into that lead back role?

And even if the "lead back" role changes hands, what does it really mean in KC?  12 touches, maybe, as the three headed monster continues or does the possibility of Reid changing course exist leading to more consistency for Williams?  AC Forum Question

The only news on the issue I see is from yesterday's comments by The Huddle :(thehuddle) Kansas City Chiefs RB Damien Williams played 72% of the Chiefs' offensive snaps in the Week 9 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Analysis: It was Williams' largest snap share of the season but it built off of a trend that started to develop in Week 8. It resulted in his best game of the season as he rushed for 125 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries with a long of 91 yards. Backup LeSean McCoy played just six snaps with Darrel Williams chipping in with 11. Dam. Williams seems to be in full control of the KC backfield right now.
Eh, I don’t count on anything with Reid anymore.

Im playing Williams and hoping for the best, but am prepared for the fact that McCoy might get the workload. We’ll see

Im playing Williams and hoping for the best, but am prepared for the fact that McCoy might get the workload. We’ll see
Yeah with Conner iffy, Lindsay on a bye And Breida’s touches being just as uncertain going with Williams now.

Yeah, that's about the long and short of it.

Yeah with Conner iffy, Lindsay on a bye And Breida’s touches being just as uncertain going with Williams now.
In the same boat with Conner.  I worry he'll get the start then cede touches early and often to Samuels or even Edmunds who looked very good running last week.

I would appreciate thoughts on my AC question.  It's a poll so just a quick vote will do.

TIA

Yeah, that's about the long and short of it.

In the same boat with Conner.  I worry he'll get the start then cede touches early and often to Samuels or even Edmunds who looked very good running last week.

I would appreciate thoughts on my AC question.  It's a poll so just a quick vote will do.

TIA
Looks like Conner wont go which helps that decision.

I need to pick two of Chris Carson vs 49ers, Williams vs Tennessee, David Johnson vs Tampa and Singletary vs Cleveland in non ppr. Right now i think it's Johnson and Singletary by a nose over the other two but it's very close. 

My thought process is

Johnson - returning from injury, but he was a full participant in practice early this week. He's a 3 down player, and he catches the ball a lot so I'm not worried about the Tampa run defense. He's also their best red zone weapon. 

Singletary - he is getting a lot of touches and he's doing very well with them.  Gore struggling on the goal line last week and getting a rest day today were just enough to move him up. 

Carson - gets the volume and is an even better scoring threat than Johnson right now but the matchup is tough and i have other good options.  Really hard to bench him though. 

Williams -  Another 3 down player with touchdowns but he's probably going to get the fewest attempts of the 4 and i don't love the matchup. If mahomes plays i might reconsider... but what I'd really like to see is another good workload this week and mahomes back next week. 

According to one site i have this completely upside down and should not only start Williams and Carson, but by a pretty wide margin. 

1 and a quarter games is not a trend that inspires any real confidence in predicting that situation imo.   I’m playing DWill in my flex in 1 league this week but largely due to need with the bye.  Another game or 2 of the lead shares and I’ll start considering him for my lineups with consistency.  

FTR I am, ever so thankfully bowing out of the entire KC backfield talk because I was able to, on sober advice from all of you, trade Damien for Stefon Diggs.

So, good luck, good night and God bless.

FTR I am, ever so thankfully bowing out of the entire KC backfield talk because I was able to, on sober advice from all of you, trade Damien for Stefon Diggs.

So, good luck, good night and God bless.
Amazed you found a buyer for Williams. Obviously there’s more to that trade, but nice work regardless.

Amazed you found a buyer for Williams. Obviously there’s more to that trade, but nice work regardless.
Thanks but I gotta be honest, he had to convince me (along with people in here). And I still am concerned that Reid is finally going to turn the reins over to Damien Williams and he will produce at the level I thought when I took him at 3.9.

But l, ultimately I'm thrilled to not have make a weekly decision on him anymore. 

Still not really regretting cutting him for some reason. This backfield will likely continue to be an unpredictable mess, and if not, Damien's absolute horrorshow of a YPC average will come into play.   

Users who are viewing this thread