What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (3 Viewers)

Don’t rule out the other Williams and maybe even Thompson. The workload today should be telling
Sure, very hard to say. It’s a great sign though for Damien- especially with the magic man back behind center. Not sure why Rotoworld feels this way but they believe McCoy will be inactive rest of season. 

“Adam Teicher had more on LeSean McCoy today: "LeSean McCoy being inactive is due to three factors: His fumbling problem, Damien Williams is healthy and playing better and the Chiefs' desire to get Darwin Thompson into the playing rotation."”

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, very hard to say. It’s a great sign though for Damien- especially with the magic man back behind center. Not sure why Rotoworld feels this way but they believe McCoy will be inactive rest of season. 
He got the "NA" distinction in Yahoo. That was weird. I thought that was reserved for guys that were cut, not just out. 

Damien Williams rushed 19 times for 77 yards, adding five catches for another 32 yards in Kansas City's Week 10 loss to the Titans.

With LeSean McCoy surprisingly healthy scratched, Damien out-carried Darrell Williams 19 to 2 and caught four more balls than rookie Darwin Thompson. Having said that, Damien's time as the team's bell-cow could be short-lived following his costly fumble in the second quarter that resulted in LB Rashaan Evans returning it for a 53-yard score to put the Titans up 13-10. If McCoy's active for Week 11 against the Chargers, expect another confusing timeshare among the crop; otherwise Damien arguably remains a low-end RB2 poised to breakout with Patrick Mahomes back healthy for the second half of the season.

Actually a decent game about ruined by the fumble.  Hopefully that doesn't seal it...and it didn’t today....but Reid could go all to McCoy next week.

Actually a decent game about ruined by the fumble.  Hopefully that doesn't seal it...and it didn’t today....but Reid could go all to McCoy next week.
I don’t know... even with today’s fumble, KC still trusted him with the ball a lot unlike with McCoy. No way today’s inactive was due to ‘rest’ for McCoy, because KC’s bye is not that far away, and McCoy never looked tired in the games he played. In my opinion, it’s trust (obviously). As for now, in my opinion, it’s Damien’s backfield yet you might be right about next week. Thinking about this backfield is already giving me a splitting headache. 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8776/damien-williams

Coach Andy Reid said RB Damien Williams (personal) 'should' travel with the team to Mexico City Sunday.

Williams has been the Chiefs' workhorse since LeSean McCoy lost a fumble in the third quarter of their Week 8 loss to the Packers, commanding 45 of the backfield's 55 touches ever since. Fire up Williams as a low-end RB1 as the lead back of a Patrick Mahomes-led offense. Darrel Williams and LeSean McCoy would likely form a two-back committee if Damien ultimately doesn't travel.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter.

Nov 16, 2019, 2:15 PM ET

Monday game too...thankfully have K Allen i will use as an emergency flex if Williams cant go (playing Chark and DJ Moore over Allen at WR).  Or id be scrambling for the Darrel probably 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8776/damien-williams

Coach Andy Reid said RB Damien Williams (personal) 'should' travel with the team to Mexico City Sunday.

Williams has been the Chiefs' workhorse since LeSean McCoy lost a fumble in the third quarter of their Week 8 loss to the Packers, commanding 45 of the backfield's 55 touches ever since. Fire up Williams as a low-end RB1 as the lead back of a Patrick Mahomes-led offense. Darrel Williams and LeSean McCoy would likely form a two-back committee if Damien ultimately doesn't travel.

SOURCE: Nate Taylor on Twitter.

Nov 16, 2019, 2:15 PM ET
Oof. What the hell is going on here now??

I hate being this guy but I can't seem to find it. Where did you see it?
This is the FF analysis from espn FF:

Spin: Williams did not practice Friday or Saturday, but the running back is traveling with the team to Mexico City and is expected to play according to Adam Teicher of ESPN.com. ...
I think this is bad writing by espn FF. This is what Teicher wrote:

RB Damien Williams missed the last two practices of the week for personal reasons but will play on Monday night against the Chargers.
But then Teicher came back and wrote:

Williams is listed as questionable to play on Monday night on the week's final injury report, so there is some doubt about his availability.
- So Espn probably jumped the gun. I don't see it confirmed yet that he has traveled. 

Any info on what the issue was for him?  Should I start Ronald Jones instead?
Having Ronald Jones is part of the reason I traded away Damien Williams. But after getting 20 touches last week I would probably start Williams if I were you as well.

San Diego is a much better matchup than New Orleans. Not sure if/how Mexico City changes that calculus.

I got other options that are maybe half step below Williams that are sure to play, so I'm dipping out this week...smh. Would have like to play him but I can't risk taking a 0 right now at 6-4 in my league.

I got other options that are maybe half step below Williams that are sure to play, so I'm dipping out this week...smh. Would have like to play him but I can't risk taking a 0 right now at 6-4 in my league.
If Williams travelled with the team I am not sure why you would see a 0 as a reasonable outcome.

Since he travelled I think the assumption has to be that he will be the lead back.

If Williams travelled with the team I am not sure why you would see a 0 as a reasonable outcome.

Since he travelled I think the assumption has to be that he will be the lead back.
Idk, does travelling automatically mean he's going to play/start? We still don't know the reasons he wasn't practicing. He could be in Reid's doghouse for all we know.

ETA, plus apparently his travelling hasn't been confirmed yet? According to Saints above...

Looks like I might have to pick up Darrell or Darwin for like the 5th time this season.  I'd have to drop Dar. Williams though so it needs to be something certain and long-term.

To be fair, when Andy Reid is your head coach RB usage is always a.huge question mark.

He may decide since he used one back heavily last week and lost that it's time to throw 60 passes and call 7 end-arounds with Hill and Hardman the running game.

Me too.  Starting Brian Hill or Singletary or Curtis Samuel.  

With an eye toward those setting fantasy lineups: #Chiefs RB Damien Williams, listed as questionable for non-injury reasons for Monday night vs. the #Chargers, flew back with the team after dealing with a family matter, source said. Should be OK.
With it being a family matter, if he travels he plays... At least that's what makes sense to me. Family matter would make you questionable to attend because you may have business to take care of at home. But if he's traveling there doesn't seem to be much of a benefit from not playing except the fact that he hasn't practiced.

With an eye toward those setting fantasy lineups: #Chiefs RB Damien Williams, listed as questionable for non-injury reasons for Monday night vs. the #Chargers, flew back with the team after dealing with a family matter, source said. Should be OK.
The “flew back” part is throwing me for a loop. Is it a typo? Flew back where? Almost sounds like he went to Mexico but came back to attend to a family matter. 

Rotoworld:

Damien Williams (questionable, personal) joined the Chiefs on their flight to Mexico City ahead of Monday's Week 11 matchup with the Chargers.

Williams briefly left the Chiefs to address a family matter but is back with the team and should occupy his usual role Monday night in Mexico. Coming off a season-high 24 touches in Week 10, Williams warrants consideration as an RB1 in all formats.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 11:22 AM ET

Okay....back in the lineup he goes
Man I don’t know.  Is it out of the realm that Reid lowers his snaps because of missing the last two days?  I guess it depends on your options.  I’m starting Brian hill over him just to be safe.  

Users who are viewing this thread