What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How sick am I going to get? (1 Viewer)

Courtjester

The Town Drunk
Just now I had this craving for a hot dog. So I microwave two of these beauties---Ball Park mind you--the expensive beef ones. Covered it in cheese, guacamole--just a masterpiece of a lunch.

Scarf the first one down. Delicious. Just starting on the second one, when the wife says, "Hey, did you know these expired a month ago?" :X :X

So is ipecac the proper call here or should I just start drinking heavily and hope the beer kills the possible listeria bacteria?

:popcorn:

Expiration dates are more to protect the company from lawsuits than they are for freshness. Unless they smelled terrible and you still ate them I wouldn't worry about it.

2) Different dates have different meanings
“Sell-by” “Best if used by” and “use-by” have similar, but slightly different meanings. “Sell-by” is geared more toward the retailer, indicating to them when they should rotate product off the shelves. “Best if used by” is an indicator of quality (the food will not be “bad” after that date) and “use-by” is the last day the manufacturer recommends using the product based on quality, not safety.

I'd be more worried about the health effects of the hot dog itself, as opposed to any expiration dates.

I'm hoping this is schtick. Otherwise I think the FFA has passed me by. So many sissy threads lately, wtf happened to you people.

So, your wife pulled out the hot dogs, determined they were a month expired, and knowing this, put them back in the fridge for someone else to eat?

So, your wife pulled out the hot dogs, determined they were a month expired, and knowing this, put them back in the fridge for someone else to eat?
She probably only looked at the package when she saw him eating them. Either that or she has a scat fetish.

To address some posts:

Thanks for the concern about my heart. My angina is controlled with meds usually.

No, my wife discarded the hot dogs.

My 15 year old daughter is not being helpful. She keeps calling up web sites about food poisoning and diseases. I am going to the garage and drink....

I'm more disturbed about guacamole and cheese as toppings on a hot dog.

:X

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to concentrate...

concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

The life of everyone on this board depends upon just one thing: finding someone back there who can not only fly this thread, but who didn't have expired hotdogs for dinner.

I just ate some sort of cream cheese chili dip that's sat in the sun for the last. 8 hours :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now I had this craving for a hot dog. So I microwave two of these beauties---Ball Park mind you--the expensive beef ones. Covered it in cheese, guacamole--just a masterpiece of a lunch.

Scarf the first one down. Delicious. Just starting on the second one, when the wife says, "Hey, did you know these expired a month ago?" :X :X

So is ipecac the proper call here or should I just start drinking heavily and hope the beer kills the possible listeria bacteria?

:popcorn:
Sorry, but ball cancer is only days away, buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread