What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hulu original series--any worth watching? (1 Viewer)

Josie Maran

Footballguy
Saw an ad for Line of Duty (British cop drama) and it looks intriguing. Are any of there other shows worthwhile?

I highly recommend Attack on Titan: Junior High to anyone that enjoyed Attack on Titan (season 1 on Netflix, season 2 on Hulu)
I've only seen the first episode, but nearly died laughing at all the references to the original series. 

A Hulu original movie: Palm Springs is definitely worth watching. It's the same basic premise as Groundhog Day without feeling like a rip-off of it. It's a smart, funny script with excellent acting. One of the more enjoyable movies I've seen in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife wanted Hulu for The Handmaid's Tale.  I got hooked.  

Mrs. America was good.  Haven't checked out much else.

Wife wanted Hulu for The Handmaid's Tale.  I got hooked.  

Mrs. America was good.  Haven't checked out much else.
Elisabeth Moss is in another show on Hulu called Top of the Lake. It starts out a little slow but gets a lot more interesting. 

Future man is pretty fun especially if you're a fan of 80s nostalgia.
not a lot of viewers of this, based on the reception I got bringing it up in the Streaming/formerly netflix thread. it's really funny- but in a very specific go all-out, often gross/goofy/sophomoric way that some may not love. I appreciate their commitment to just letting all hang out there and going for it. wolf kills it :lol:  

Hulu has quite a few things worth watching.

A few limited-run series (I've read each of these books and enjoyed the episodes):

- Catch-22

- Normal People

I'd also recommend a few series:

- A Handmaid's Tale

- Shrill

A few movies too:

- Palm Springs

- Big Time Adolescence

Not all of those will work for everyone, but I'm sure something on there would work for you.

Yes. Also, Ramy and High Fidelity (even though it was one and done.) As for non-originals, Hulu has a ton of good stuff, via all the FX shows (Atlanta, What We Do In the Shadows, Dave, Justified, Always Sunny) and NBC shows (Community, Brooklyn 99, Superstore) and some other random stuff like Happy Endings, Lost, Veronica Mars. 

What What We Do In The Shadows is must watch if you like comedy
this is the only reason I got Hulu (free month trial or something) and it was hilarious

two ten episode season, third one is next spring/summer

so, yeah, no reason to get Hulu - except this one

oh man is the writing great

this is the only reason I got Hulu (free month trial or something) and it was hilarious

two ten episode season, third one is next spring/summer

so, yeah, no reason to get Hulu - except this one

oh man is the writing great
I just finished What We Do In the Shadows S2 yesterday. Very funny show. 
For those that haven’t watched it it’s a mockumentary and reminded me a bit of Spinal Tap only with vampires instead of rockers. 

I'll reiterate that Futureman is a funny show.

Future man is pretty fun especially if you're a fan of 80s nostalgia.
not a lot of viewers of this, based on the reception I got bringing it up in the Streaming/formerly netflix thread. it's really funny- but in a very specific go all-out, often gross/goofy/sophomoric way that some may not love. I appreciate their commitment to just letting all hang out there and going for it. wolf kills it :lol:  
Since you guys don't seem to be reading thenthread before posting.

Some good lists on this page above.

Eta...reiterating my liking Futureman

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread