What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

L. McCOY'S HUGE TIP (1 Viewer)

Lots of respondents who have waited on McCoy before and been to that establishment before weighing in on the side of McCoy. Sounds like he got some pretty horrible service and was ticked off.

Sorry... if you're a normal person you leave a tip every time. If you want make a point leave 10%.

You'd have to be a complete ####### to stiff minimum wage waitstaff if you're making millions.

Sorry... if you're a normal person you leave a tip every time. If you want make a point leave 10%.

You'd have to be a complete ####### to stiff minimum wage waitstaff if you're making millions.
even if the service is complete ****?

Even if he spit in his food, or was a racist. There is no point where you could see leaving no tip?

I disagree. I tip 20% min. 99% of the time. However, if I get crappy enough service that I'm not tipping near that amount I'm not tipping. Period. The tip is to encourage good service. The "min. wage waitstaff" is aware of this. If they're so concerned about making more than minimum wage then give me decent service. It doesn't even have to be outstanding; just decent. But give me crap service. Forget the tip.

I would never leave a tip like that. I might speak to management, but I'm not going to leave an insultingly low tip to make a point. That's just douchey.

I would never leave a tip like that. I might speak to management, but I'm not going to leave an insultingly low tip to make a point. That's just douchey.
Agreed. I'd leave nothing before I'd leave .20 cents. But the post he responded was about leaving a minimum of 10% regardless of service level. I don't think he was talking about the 20 cent tip.

He signed the receipt though. Considering a LeSean McCoy autograph is worth about $50, this ends up being a very generous tip.

:lmao:

If you're not a duush, you leave a 80% tip even if the staff stabs your mother. If the service is good you leave a 200% tip.

Shady even.

People need to get over themselves. It's a burger joint. Did someone take your order? Did you get your food? 10%
While I can't say I've ever tipped $0 or something this low, I don't disagree that you just automatically tip ANY amount. With a reasonable expectation of a tip comes a reasonable expectation of decent service. It should be rare that someone tips that low, but it should also be rare that someone gives service that bad..but I'm positive both happen.

You shouldn't get tipped just for "showing up."

Nope. 10% might just mean you're cheap. No tip or a few cents sends the message.

The 20 cents makes me think it was likely warranted and the waiter wasn't just bad but a real #######. Seems personal. 10% and I'd think he's just being cheap.

Agreed. I'd leave nothing before I'd leave .20 cents. But the post he responded was about leaving a minimum of 10% regardless of service level. I don't think he was talking about the 20 cent tip.
Leave nothing and the person just thinks you're a jerk that doesn't tip or forgot to tip. If my service is awful, I'm leaving a very small tip (tee-hee) and a note as to why I left that amount.

Everybody's different. I'd never leave 10%. If it were up to me, waiters would not be exempted from minimum wage laws. But they are. Which means that an adequate tip ensures a living wage. Which is why I'd be far more likely to ask to speak to management than to just tip poorly to send a message. Particularly because bad service can be attributed to things beyond a server's control. Maybe the kitchen is behind or screwed up my order and had to restart.

In any case, I can't remember tipping below 20%, but I've also never received any worse than inattentive service. No server has ever been rude or anything. Maybe that's because I prefer only acting like a #### on the internet.

I guess I'm not normal. If you give me crappy service you get a crappy tip. Even if I hit the lottery next week.

In my thousands of meals out, two experiences stand out as bad enough to warrant no tip. I've had slow service from time to time, gotten the wrong meal, probably lots of little things I've forgotten about. Only once did I actually leave no tip, and that waitress was one of the most rude and miserable servers you could imagine. The other really bad experience was just a disorganized and short-handed waitstaff. The manager apologized without me even complaining first, so I left a normal tip.

Maybe this was the Eagles running back's 1 in 5000 awful experience or he's just incredibly unlucky. That had to be some horrific service.

Everybody's different. I'd never leave 10%. If it were up to me, waiters would not be exempted from minimum wage laws. But they are. Which means that an adequate tip ensures a living wage. Which is why I'd be far more likely to ask to speak to management than to just tip poorly to send a message. Particularly because bad service can be attributed to things beyond a server's control. Maybe the kitchen is behind or screwed up my order and had to restart.

In any case, I can't remember tipping below 20%, but I've also never received any worse than inattentive service. No server has ever been rude or anything. Maybe that's because I prefer only acting like a #### on the internet.
I would hope that most folks can realize this. It's not fair for the server to get dinged because the kitchen cooked your food wrong (unless the server put the order in wrong) or because they're backed up...But it IS the server's fault if they never come back to check on things, never refill drinks, give you an attitude over most anything, etc.

I personally have never left anything below 10%...but if I had an experience bad enough, I would. I could care less if that person has to make a living wage off tips or not. If they are that concerned, they'd try a little harder. My boss would fire me if I did a job equivalent to what it would take for me to tip less than 10%...Just consider it a customer's friendly way of saying, "Maybe customer-related service jobs aren't for you."

I guess I'm not normal. If you give me crappy service you get a crappy tip. Even if I hit the lottery next week.
:shrug:

Different strokes.

I'm going 17-20% pretty much no matter what happens and I don't remember the last time I went under 15%. Waitstaff don't get even minimum wages, work hard and generally need the money. I get paid even if I have a bad day or make a mistake and IMO they should too.

Last edited by a moderator:

:shrug:

Different strokes.

I'm going 17-20% (bill/6 or more) pretty much no matter what happens and I don't remember the last time I went under 15%. Waitstaff don't get even minimum wages, work hard and generally need the money. I get paid even if I have a bad day or make a mistake and IMO they should too.
Not what we're talking about here...or at least I'm not.

Wait...was this at Olive Garden? If Shady's carrying the Never Ending Pasta Pass, I think he's tipping well assuming he eats there every day for 7 months.

Side-note: If this is the case, sell McCoy high, and bump Sproles who will likely have a new short, chubby RG blocking for him.

If you've ever tipped less than 10% to some poor table server, you're probably a ####### simp

When I evaluate bad service I'm talking about service. If a server hasn't shown up at my table for 10 minutes after I'm seated, if I'm constantly looking around for them to fill my drink up, if we ask for something specific from them and they forget or screw that up, things like that. I don't ding my server for bad food or if it takes longer than normal for it to come, things out of their control or that I can't specifically attribute to them. But if the service is truly bad I just don't tip. But it has to be REALLY bad. I can't remember the last time I didn't leave a 20% tip. I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Server told him he was a Redskin fan. McCoy doesn't agree with exploiting the American Indian.

Even if he spit in his food, or was a racist. There is no point where you could see leaving no tip?
Are you suggesting that's what happened here?

Maybe he is REALLY bad at math and comprehension and thought he was tipping 20%. :shrug:

When I evaluate bad service I'm talking about service. If a server hasn't shown up at my table for 10 minutes after I'm seated, if I'm constantly looking around for them to fill my drink up, if we ask for something specific from them and they forget or screw that up, things like that. I don't ding my server for bad food or if it takes longer than normal for it to come, things out of their control or that I can't specifically attribute to them. But if the service is truly bad I just don't tip. But it has to be REALLY bad. I can't remember the last time I didn't leave a 20% tip. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah, 99% of the time someone stiffs on a tip, they're either a tightwad to the point of being looney, or they're one of these jerkoffs who sits there evaluating every move the server makes just to find something to deduct for. Those are the true barnacles on the ######## of society. I know I've seen really long waits for drinks or to take my order, probably recently, but none of the experiences jump out in my brain and never did I consider reducing a tip. It's just such a #### move unless the service is truly egregious.

McCoy prolly got what he considered poor service because he is a professional athlete and thinks he deserves the royal treatment service. There are some egotistical athletes that care more about having the entire waiting staff buckle at their knees and bow down to his almighty rushing skills than the actual experience in the restaurant. I have never had this awful service more than once or twice that people speak of, and I go out to eat multiple times a week and have lived in numerous states over the past 6 or 7 years. I think a lot of it can be attributive to peoples personality and how they treat the people working for them. As great of an athlete as he is, he sounds like an arrogant #####.

Why do these restaurants think it is okay to post pictures of player's receipts? Even if it is a poor tip, I find that extremely unprofessional as a business.

Why do these restaurants think it is okay to post pictures of player's receipts? Even if it is a poor tip, I find that extremely unprofessional as a business.
It's an even more extremely bad PR play by an athlete worth millions.

nowadays, thinking any athlete anywhere is normal is your first mistake. with half the revelations that come out about these guys, they have nothing in common with the common man. so to judge mccoy, who may as well be an alien, is premature.

Users who are viewing this thread