What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL.com waiver wire questions (1 Viewer)

da_budman

Footballguy
I have a few questions for experienced users of NFL.com for their fantasy football league. I joined an NFL league and cant find any helpful documentation for their waiver wire process. First when is the deadline for waivers to be put in and when does it run? At some point I assume there is first come first serve drop/ads? If so when does that start and stop? Is there some way to review what drop/ad requests you have in for the waiver wire before it runs? I actually used it last week and still dont know how/when it runs much less the particulars. Im far from a FF noob and have never had a problem figuring this stuff out by myself but NFL doesnt seem to be real helpful with the process.

As commissioner of a league on NFL.com, I'm seeing a couple different settings with multiple options as far as running waivers. The waiver deadline is dependent on your particular league's "Waiver Period" setting. The options are either no waivers, which doesn't sound like your case, or a period of 1-4 days. For example, our league is set at 1 day. Our waivers run on Tuesday nights.

The "Waiver Type" setting determines waiver order. Options for that are as follows:

1. Move to last after claim, never reset

2. Resets every Tuesday to inverse order of standings (we use this)

3. Waiver acquisition budget

After waivers run for us tonight, all players not rostered become free agents immediately.

Your entered waiver claims can be seen both on your team page and, at least for our league, on the home page under the "My Notifications" banner. There is also an edit priority link from both that allows you to switch the order of your waiver claims if necessary.

My guess is that your waivers will run tonight and free agency starts immediately after but that's info your commissioner would know ultimately. Good luck.

Our league is set at 1 day. Our waivers run on Tuesday nights, resets every Tuesday to inverse order of standings, after waivers run, all players become free agents immediately and are up for grabs.

Users who are viewing this thread