What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (4 Viewers)

Patience young padawans, the big day is around the corner. If you're drafting him then days like today are part of the bargain. Or send trade offers now to the 2-4 Green owner who's desperate. 

To be clear since I'm the one who used the superstar if someone is going to follow up with that and put it in quotes it should be made clear I was using that word to describe Green, not Dalton. So let's make sure we're using that word with its proper context. 

To be clear since I'm the one who used the superstar if someone is going to follow up with that and put it in quotes it should be made clear I was using that word to describe Green, not Dalton. So let's make sure we're using that word with its proper context. 
I wasn't quoting you exactly.  Clearly it is used to describe Green and I had to include Dalton to call it a duo.  But they are terrible at that play, worst "good" duo ever at it.

The league I have Green in is not PPR (stupid rule) and the points are 1 point per 20 yards, so maybe my hate is skewed differently.

I wasn't quoting you exactly.  Clearly it is used to describe Green and I had to include Dalton to call it a duo.  But they are terrible at that play, worst "good" duo ever at it.

The league I have Green in is not PPR (stupid rule) and the points are 1 point per 20 yards, so maybe my hate is skewed differently.
I guess it does come down to each league's scoring but Green is one of the premier wide receivers in the NFL. I doubt anyone would question that. I'm surprised anyone would not want to have him on their team. He had 88 yards receiving yesterday. That's a good game by any standard. Antonio Brown had 39. If you lost in Week 6 I don't think A.J. Green was a reason why.   

I watched the game last night, but don't recall any play in particular that would have been the cause of this ankle/knee/leg injury chatter circulating around today. Does anyone have any insight? Can't find much else about it in my traditional sources, and I figured someone may be able to trace it to one play/hit/catch that may help pinpoint the issue.

I watched the game last night, but don't recall any play in particular that would have been the cause of this ankle/knee/leg injury chatter circulating around today. Does anyone have any insight? Can't find much else about it in my traditional sources, and I figured someone may be able to trace it to one play/hit/catch that may help pinpoint the issue.
He was on the field their last two drives and getting targeted so I have no idea what's up with that. 

I'm just going off what I recall but I seem to remember a play around the start of Q4 where he made an attempted one handed catch with tight coverage near the sideline.  He was limping around and started coming out from time to time after that.  That is my best recollection.

I'm just going off what I recall but I seem to remember a play around the start of Q4 where he made an attempted one handed catch with tight coverage near the sideline.  He was limping around and started coming out from time to time after that.  That is my best recollection.
That's exactly when it happened and he was noticeably limping after the play and for several plays after.  Collingsworth also highlighted it when it happened on the air.   

That's exactly when it happened and he was noticeably limping after the play and for several plays after.  Collingsworth also highlighted it when it happened on the air.   
Can't recall whether it was that play or another -- I seem to recall him coming up gimpy after a missed in/dig route where it looks like the combination of his cut and the defender making contact got him slightly off-balance and he seemed to have to push off more on the ball of his foot than using the whole foot in his running motion. 

Will have to watch the condensed game tonight to make sure, but either way -- Green played through it and continued to make catches and contribute. He seemed to disappear a little in the 4th Q and wonder if it was because of the foot. But he looked as if he was still gaining separation and running smoothly when the ball was hilked, so not sure if this is something that is going to impede him going forward.

:wall:  Ouch, was having another stellar season ...

Man I was favored by 35 points this week and lost AJ and McCoy and now down to the Jennings/PITT owner100 to 60 with an almost sure loss. Need Russel Wilson and Bennett to go off LOL

I know I know ... :ptts:

Season likely over, but at least I have an available IR spot since Dion Lewis came off last week :yucky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I was favored by 35 points this week and lost AJ and McCoy and now down to the Jennings/PITT owner100 to 60 with an almost sure loss. Need Russel Wilson and Bennett to go off LOL

Season likely over, but at least I have an available IR spot since Dion Lewis came off last week :yucky:
Good to know, thanks for the info.

Hold on, let me run and see exactly what's happening with my teams so I can throw it all out here for everyone to enjoy like a dirty diaper. 
You could kinda see from his facial expression that he seemed to know his season was over when riding on the cart.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/20/bengals-aj-green-leg-hamstring-injury-update

By the way, when a color commentator comments on his fantasy team during the game, do you feel the need to get online, hurry up and tweet @TheRealPhilSims that nobody cares about his fantasy team? Lighten up, Francis. I did offer some observations about Green that people who might have missed the game might appreciate. What did you offer in your posts? 

I did offer some observations about Green that people who might have missed the game might appreciate. What did you offer in your posts? 
Absolutely untrue.  You offered nothing whatsoever of content in that first post I was quoting.  Since then you've tried to save face by digging stuff up, which is hysterical.

The sooner you learn that not one person here cares about your team or what is happening at halftime with them, the better.  Yourself included.  There's a thread specifically for that kind of waste of space.  Post it there if you feel you must.

Absolutely untrue.  You offered nothing whatsoever of content in that first post I was quoting.  Since then you've tried to save face by digging stuff up, which is hysterical.

The sooner you learn that not one person here cares about your team or what is happening at halftime with them, the better.  Yourself included.  There's a thread specifically for that kind of waste of space.  Post it there if you feel you must.
I said he was probably headed to IR, which is confirmed. Now, you are up to 4 posts without mentioning Green in less than one hour Mr. Thread policeman. What's the record for useless off topic posts in under an hour? Keep it up! Nobody here ever heard about these strange rules you're talking about. tell us more. :thumbup:

BTW, I also found this information which confirms my earlier posts: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/20/bengals-fear-a-j-green-out-for-the-year/

:wall:  Ouch, was having another stellar season ...

Okay, show us what was so informative.  Was it your available IR spot or was it the "Ouch" part?

Okay, show us what was so informative.  Was it your available IR spot or was it the "Ouch" part?
Green headed to IR. Wow, you can comprehend!!! Now it only took 5 off topic posts to figure that one out! :thumbup:

Here are some possible replacements ideas for A.J. Green owners. http://nesn.com/2016/11/a-j-green-injury-5-waiver-wire-fantasy-replacements-for-bengals-star/

ETA: Highlighted who I am going after in red.

Cole Beasley, Dallas Cowboys
Beasley has five or more receptions in seven of Dallas’ 10 games this season, in addition to 50 or more receiving yards in nine of those 10 matchups. He had another good game Sunday with five catches for 69 yards and a touchdown against a good Baltimore Ravens defense. He’s definitely worth a pickup in all types of leagues.

Rishard Matthews, Tennessee Titans
Matthews is the latest beneficiary of Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota’s improved play of late. The young wideout set season highs with nine receptions and 122 yards on 13 targets in a Week 11 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Matthews also has scored four touchdowns in Tennessee’s last four games and six TDs in their last seven games.

Tyler Boyd, Cincinnati Bengals
Boyd has failed to meet expectations as a second-round draft pick in April, but he did catch six passes for 54 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals’ win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. He’s the most likely Bengals wideout to receive an uptick in production if Green misses games.

Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings
Thielen hauled in five receptions for 65 yards and a touchdown on five targets in Minnesota’s win over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. He now has touchdowns in back-to-back games and averages 14.2 yards per catch. He’s not a bad flex option, especially in PPR leagues.

Kenny Britt, St. Louis Rams
Britt had 109 yards on seven receptions in Week 10, and he’s scored three touchdowns over the last four games. Rookie quarterback Jared Goff’s entrance into the Rams lineup should allow Britt to be productive as a flex option going forward.

Sucks for the AJ owners. He's a great player. 

Possible upgrade for Eifert but it might just kill the entire offense. 

If you need further reading comprehension education, feel free to PM me. I don't think we need anymore of you uninformative posts in the A.J. Green Thread.

:kicksrock:

This sucks, prob the end of my season.

Who you guys targeting, Boyd or Lafell?
I prefer Boyd going forward, but this feels like a situation where the entire offensive pie shrinks, rather than getting redistributed.  I might bump Gio a bit along with Boyd, but not be much...

I prefer Boyd going forward, but this feels like a situation where the entire offensive pie shrinks, rather than getting redistributed.  I might bump Gio a bit along with Boyd, but not be much...
I'm leaning Boyd too, he's a rookie and maybe Dalton will target him to see what he's got there for next season.

Such a ####### disaster!

Well its confirmed, he's out for the season. By the way ... That's three posts you made in the A.J. Green thread that don't mention or comment about A.J. Green. Well done! :thumbup:  

In the time you felt the need to cut someone down, you could have posted this. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/11/20/aj-green-hamstring-injury-cincinnati/94166642/
I haven't seen anything that's confirms he's out for the season/IR, where are you finding this? I've only seems speculation and "fears" that his season is over.

I suspect you're right, but I didn't see anything definitive just yet.

I think it's gotta be Eifert and the running game that gets the boost.  Just seems like the Marvin Lewis thing to do.  He might very well get fired at the end of the year. He's trying to win if possible, not embarrass himself, etc.  Not much reason to be giving a rookie WR an audition when other things matter more.  

His season is probably over, as is the one for my team that has him :)

I hear ya. But try this on for size. I know no one cares, but I'm going to share this anyway. These were some of the players I drafted this year:

1. A.J. Green

2. Alshon Jeffery

3. Eric Decker

4. Giovanni Bernard

So, yeah. There's that.

:violin:

I hear ya. But try this on for size. I know no one cares, but I'm going to share this anyway. These were some of the players I drafted this year:

1. A.J. Green

2. Alshon Jeffery

3. Eric Decker

4. Giovanni Bernard

So, yeah. There's that.

:violin:
I feel your pain.  Yesterday was rough for many of us.  More rough for the actual players like AJ and Gio and the Bengals. 

I drafted AJ, Gronk, McCoy, and Gio.  It has been a challenging year.  Not sure I ever had my drafted starting line up in.  Gio has been disappointing but he could have been valuable with AJ going down. 

Now we hit the WW and go shopping. 

Losing AJ certainly hurts, but I think I can weather the storm in the playoffs. I can slot Tyrell Williams in my lineup and upgrading Crowell with Rawls helps offset the scoring drop.

Losing AJ certainly hurts, but I think I can weather the storm in the playoffs. I can slot Tyrell Williams in my lineup and upgrading Crowell with Rawls helps offset the scoring drop.
I think I can weather losing AJ as well with Rawls, but wondering if now is the time to sell him in dynasty as I could get Kelvin Benjamin and Keenan Allen for him or is that a sell low?

Users who are viewing this thread