Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official AJ Green


JohnnyU

Recommended Posts

I woke up to this fantasypros notification on my cell.  I need AJ this week so I am going to play him if he plays.  I just dropped Diggs for Eli Rogers in case AJ sits.  I have Moncrief on my bench but he is coming off an injury, however, he is this afternoon.  Not so sure I trust him more then Rogers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (hamstring) is not a lock to play Week 16. "They may hold him out," Rapoport said via Twitter. (Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact
Green, who was "adamant" about playing Saturday versus Houston, could be held out of the Christmas Eve matchup after all. It will continue to be Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd on the outside for the Bengals if Green cannot go. If Green is ultimately designated inactive, he is likely to be shut down for the final game of the season as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Captain Crunk said:

I woke up to this fantasypros notification on my cell.  I need AJ this week so I am going to play him if he plays.  I just dropped Diggs for Eli Rogers in case AJ sits.  I have Moncrief on my bench but he is coming off an injury, however, he is this afternoon.  Not so sure I trust him more then Rogers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green (hamstring) is not a lock to play Week 16. "They may hold him out," Rapoport said via Twitter. (Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact
Green, who was "adamant" about playing Saturday versus Houston, could be held out of the Christmas Eve matchup after all. It will continue to be Brandon LaFell and Tyler Boyd on the outside for the Bengals if Green cannot go. If Green is ultimately designated inactive, he is likely to be shut down for the final game of the season as well.

I'm sure everyone had wished he was playing in the early game today, but at least I have Jeremy Hill to plug in if he doesn't play.  This latest news isn't good for Green owners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While he's been wrong, Rap usually has the right angle on things. Sucks but now I'm benching AJ. Too much risk to begin with, and now with this news I'm convinced they shut him down after he picks up the yards he needs, or altogether.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Related question -- do we know if/when FBG updates their rankings game day morning to reflect these kinds of gameday calls?

ETA: Looks like site projections are updated accordingly!

Edited by Stompin' Tom Connors
Site updated
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals will hold out A.J. Green (hamstring) the final two games.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer already reported Green will sit out this week, but Schefter reports he will not play Week 17 either. It is a surprise after Green was adamant he would play earlier this week, but the Bengals are (rightfully) being careful with their franchise receiver. If Green does not play again this year, he will fall 36 yards short of his sixth 1,000-yard season in a row.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals will hold out A.J. Green (hamstring) the final two games.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer already reported Green will sit out this week, but Schefter reports he will not play Week 17 either. It is a surprise after Green was adamant he would play earlier this week, but the Bengals are (rightfully) being careful with their franchise receiver. If Green does not play again this year, he will fall 36 yards short of his sixth 1,000-yard season in a row.

Wonder if somehow the Bengals get a good lead on either the Texans or the Ravens next week if we'll see Green take the field for a few series to get those 36 yards to keep him whole. 

Also wonder if there are 1K reception yard incentives in his contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Wonder if somehow the Bengals get a good lead on either the Texans or the Ravens next week if we'll see Green take the field for a few series to get those 36 yards to keep him whole. 

Also wonder if there are 1K reception yard incentives in his contract.

looks like just a roster bonus and a workout bonus

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-green-7719/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

looks like just a roster bonus and a workout bonus

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/a.j.-green-7719/

Nice work! Can see a bigger likelihood of shut down for the rest of the season, then. You don't trade 36 yards for multiple 1K season to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard he was pissed off about the owners decision to force him to sit, and left a meeting and is going to go home by himself? Is this true?

ETA: This sux, but in the back of my mind I was thinking this could end up a 2 for 22 type day. I am slightly relieved it is no longer my decision, even if my alternatives are not that great.

Edited by mnmplayer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, packersfan said:

I started Cam Meredith so it all worked out really well but still sucked not having A.J. Rich Gannon said during the broadcast he looked terrific all week in practice so I wonder what they plan to do with him this week. I know Schefter said he was being shut down but that hasn't been done yet.  

Do you own Green too?

 I would love to start him this week over someone like Crabtree. If Green is being shelved for week 17, I would love to pick up LaFell in his place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Do you own Green too?

 I would love to start him this week over someone like Crabtree. If Green is being shelved for week 17, I would love to pick up LaFell in his place. 

Yup. I had the best team in my league the entire year until the moment A.J. got hurt. Losing him was a blow I couldn't recover from. As far as this week I would expect him to sit. No idea why you bench him last week and then let him play this week but we'll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

A.J. Green is aiming to play seven more seasons.

Two months shy of his 29th birthday, Green is headed into his seventh NFL campaign. Green has had a few injury issues in recent years, missing nine games over the past three seasons, but has largely been durable. Seven more years would put him toward the outer limits of typical receiver shelf life, but there's been nothing in his career to date that suggests he can't do it.
 
 
May 30 - 2:11 PM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's possible Lazor changes the system and gradually the look of the offense moving forward.

I thought this was an interesting piece about how Lazor gameplanned for the Packers when he was with Miami.

>>With the Dolphins, Lazor really liked to spread the offense and defense out, throw the ball quickly, get favorable matchups and go up-tempo. I took notes while watching his offense against the Packers, and they only put quarterback Ryan Tannehill under center five times and kept him in shotgun on 51 other snaps. That’s what we’d like to see in Cincinnati to help Andy Dalton, Giovani Bernard and Mixon.<<

>>To be honest, that aggressiveness doesn’t sound so bad right now. Actually, all of this sounds good. The Bengals should spread the offense out and run out of shotgun more often. This is how their best players play their best. I don’t know how long it’ll take to install an offense like this, but Lazor has the playbook to help the Bengals offense get back on track.<<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Of all the people in my team in my main league, he was the one you just set every week with full confidence. Absolutely disasterous if he has to sit for a handful of games for any owner I'd imagine  

Edited by TartanLion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

Of all the people in my team in my main league, he was the one you just set every week with full confidence. Absolutely disasterous if he has to sit for a handful of games for any owner I'd imagine  

Like last year, but this time based on stupidity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No suspension levied for AJ Green.

Quote

Bucs WR Mike Evans suspended one game for violations of unnecessary roughness. He can appeal.

Quote

No other players, not AJ Green nor any Cardinals nor 49ers, will be suspended for Sunday’s actions, per league official.

Per Schefty

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

22 hours ago, TartanLion said:

I think it's obvious Ramsey was winding him up all game. Ramsey executed his role almost perfectly, unfortunately the plan didn't quite work out as he got binned as well. 

The officials warned Ramsey repeatedly prior to the altercation. At some point, all the cheap shots added up to a ejection. I wish officials would do it more often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CowboysHomer said:

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

 

Wow.  

Imagine if it was Suh, he would have been gone rest of the year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CowboysHomer said:

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

 

Wow.  

The only thing I can think of is that AJ was ejected and Evans wasn't.  Beyond that I agree it makes no sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CowboysHomer said:

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

 

Wow.  

It appears they are counting the game ejection as the punishment for both Green and Ramsey. Evans didn't get ejected. I would also say that Evans hit was more egregious even though it wasn't a punch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TwinTurbo said:

It appears they are counting the game ejection as the punishment for both Green and Ramsey. Evans didn't get ejected. I would also say that Evans hit was more egregious even though it wasn't a punch. 

The hit was more egregious I would agree and he also threw a punch in the ground and pound

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dschuler said:

The hit was more egregious I would agree and he also threw a punch in the ground and pound

I didn't even see the Evans punch on the ground. Makes even more sense that he would get one game then.

For Green, he admitted that Ramsey got under his skin and the refs also confirmed that both players were warned prior to the altercation and that Ramsey instigated the fight. People are saying it doesn't make sense that Ramsey was ejected, but that's exactly what the refs need to do more often to keep control over games. He got warned about cheap shots, he didn't listen, and he got punched in the head and ejected. Good for him. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CowboysHomer said:

I can't fathom how Evans got a game but AJ doesn't.  And the league wonders why it's a joke in the eyes of many with respect to discipline.

A chokehold take down from behind with multiple punches thrown on the ground and no suspension.

 

Wow.  

Pretty simple explanation. 

Ramsay was probably throwing around the N word or F word, maybe sexually harassing Green. 

The NFL would rather it just go away than suspend Green for a game or two more and then the specifics of what Ramsay said are made public. 

In case you didn't notice, the NFL is on life support right now. They can't afford to lose stars or have racial and sexual slurs made public. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...