Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official AJ Green

JohnnyU

2 minutes ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

I think you answered your own question. He is being held back by a poor supporting cast and he turns 30 next season. At this point a 1st and a young player you like would be good value.

What tier WR or RB, though? I'd much rather get as best of a WR or RB I can in return vs picks in this league. Diggs + someone else or 1st? Green straight up for Evans? OBJ potential?...

1 hour ago, Magic_Man said:

WHat's Green's dynasty PPR trade value? I'm ready to move on

24 minutes ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

I think you answered your own question. He is being held back by a poor supporting cast and he turns 30 next season. At this point a 1st and a young player you like would be good value.

Dynasty .. no ppr ..standard scoring

I dealt Green with Thompson and Tanehill for David Johnson Big Ben and a 2nd round rookie pick next year.

Other owner playing for this year and I will contend next year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Magic_Man said:

What tier WR or RB, though? I'd much rather get as best of a WR or RB I can in return vs picks in this league. Diggs + someone else or 1st? Green straight up for Evans? OBJ potential?...

Funny that you mention Diggs because I offered Diggs and Kupp to a bottom feeder team a few weeks back and he rejected it. Given Green's situation and age I am happy the other owner rejected the trade.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 3:37 PM, TwinTurbo said:

It appears they are counting the game ejection as the punishment for both Green and Ramsey. Evans didn't get ejected. I would also say that Evans hit was more egregious even though it wasn't a punch. 

This.

Although recent news could net Ramsey a ...something serious. No one I talked to knows what the rule is because ya just don't do it. During the third quarter, security had to hold back Ramsey from entering the Bengals locker room. Video and reports from security guards were sent to the league office. NFLPA is said to be very upset about this

If you wanna discuss game stuff-

Green will be matched up with Adoree. LeShaun Sims will take over some. If you haven't seen Adoree, he's a Deion-like super athlete. He did not do well to start the year and even got picked on pretty bad some games. He and the Titans defense have been pretty impressive the last 3-4 weeks.

I do realize what "company" I put his athleticism in and I'm totally comfortable saying that. He doesn't just return kicks but he's got pretty moves, wow speed and oh yeah he hurdled a player. Last week he played one snap on offense for the first time and took off like a rocket for 20 yards on a single carry. During preseason it was a regular thing that he would seem out of position, then somehow recover to make a play on the ball. He had this thing he did a few times in preseason and it just blew me away. When the ball was near, while running with the receiver, he could spin his hips and head, find the ball and make a play. Once is special athleticism- three or four times and making it look common is wow.

Logan Ryan was signed to shut down the slot and he's done that very very well. Most weeks a slot WR has zero or one catch. He's talented and could cover Green but I highly doubt it. 

As long as Dalton has the stones to throw it, Green probably wins this week versus Adoree. He's too inexperienced. However, I think you'll be quite impressed with the rook. He'll get burned a few times and then you'll be like "did he just leap higher than AJ?" ...something

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone in dynasty (or redraft) thinking about selling before the trade deadline? I am, even though I'm in the playoff hunt. Here's why:

1) Only posted 3 games out of 11 over 18 pts (ppr)

2) Has the 3rd, 12th and 11th ranked pass defenses over the next 3 weeks

3) Will be 30 next season

4) Still plays for the Bengals

What's your thoughts ROS?

18 minutes ago, kneeshooter said:

Anyone in dynasty (or redraft) thinking about selling before the trade deadline? I am, even though I'm in the playoff hunt. Here's why:

1) Only posted 3 games out of 11 over 18 pts (ppr)

2) Has the 3rd, 12th and 11th ranked pass defenses over the next 3 weeks

3) Will be 30 next season

4) Still plays for the Bengals

What's your thoughts ROS?

My deadline passed & no one bit on him. I will try to sell in the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Anyone considering benching him this week?

Absolutely hate this matchup. MN...coming off a hard loss...playing at home...Rhodes a shutdown corner...CINCI looking like they are starting to mail it in.

Always start your studs...blah blah blah.

Hate the matchup but he's A.J. Green. If he's breathin, he always starts for me.

Funchess scored last week vs. the Vikings. Marvin Jones tore Rhodes up a few weeks ago so anything is possible. I'm hoping for double-digit targets and 14-15 PPR points. If he can hit that I'll take it. Anything more is a bonus. 

51 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Absolutely hate this matchup. MN...coming off a hard loss...playing at home...Rhodes a shutdown corner...CINCI looking like they are starting to mail it in.

I have Adams in over him at the moment.   The targets he gets though still makes me want to start him....

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I have the same issue you do. I have ZERO faith in Green this week. My other options are C.J. Anderson or Mike Davis at flex and I am leaning towards one of the two of them.

Edited by Saboo

Hate the matchup too, but right now have to play 2 of DT, Marvin and AJG.  As of this moment DT is sitting.

9 hours ago, The Captain said:

Only other option is JuJu. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking about it. 

Have C. Hogan, but he didn't show much in his first week back and Gronk will be back.

Shooting for Dede in waivers tonight. Almost don't want to get him so I don't have options.

Can't afford a 2-22 stinker. Going to dig into AJ Green's history matching up with shutdown corners. Really think MN is going to have their way with Cinci this week.

Its not an ideal matchup but Its AJG and I drafted him in the 1st round as I'm sure most have.  Could see him making some plays and game script looks like Vikings could pull ahead.  Better for AJ in my opinion.

Add to that Cincy's run game is banged up.  Maybe that come out slinging   

15 hours ago, in2win said:

Its not an ideal matchup but Its AJG and I drafted him in the 1st round as I'm sure most have.  Could see him making some plays and game script looks like Vikings could pull ahead.  Better for AJ in my opinion.

Add to that Cincy's run game is banged up.  Maybe that come out slinging   

Mixon back at practice. Not sure he's free and clear yet, but a good sign.

Missed out on D. Westbrook. For me it's either AJ or Hogan. Hogan would be a huge roll of the dice but I actually think he has significantly more upside in a potential shootout with the Steelers.

Mixon back at practice. Not sure he's free and clear yet, but a good sign.

Missed out on D. Westbrook. For me it's either AJ or Hogan. Hogan would be a huge roll of the dice but I actually think he has significantly more upside in a potential shootout with the Steelers.

So to clarify, you were going to play D. Westbrook, a rookie with four games in the league, one career TD, and Blake Bortles as his QB because of an upside matchup, and bench AJ Green, who is having a "down" year but on pace for 1200/10 because he's facing Xavier Rhodes?

What in the wide world of sports is going on in here?  AJG may be having a "down" year in that he's not a top 3 receiver, but he's still a WR1.  He's gone for 20+ in PPR in 2 of the last 5 weeks.

This isn't Richard Sherman in his prime we are talking about here.  And Rhodes is a little banged up to boot.  Still only a limited practice today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ned Ryerson said:

So to clarify, you were going to play D. Westbrook, a rookie with four games in the league, one career TD, and Blake Bortles as his QB because of an upside matchup, and bench AJ Green, who is having a "down" year but on pace for 1200/10 because he's facing Xavier Rhodes?

Yes.

I don't know that I have any other options here but to go with AJG, but there are tons of negatives here:

* Rhodes -- Don't be fooled. M. Jones burned him when he was banged up. Recent data post injury he has locked down.

* MN D at home averages 13 pts per game against. Oh, they have been on the road for three games. Welcome home.

* Cinci D banged up. Not good for time of possession battle. L. Murray/McKinnon could have their way.

* Vegas not dumb. MN favored by 10. Implied score is 25-15 ish. Being down against a good d at home doesn't always mean there will be plenty of garbage time points.

* Decent chance Cinci has mailed it in. 

* Zimmer knows Cinci offense.

So overall, not a lot to like here.

So what's more likely understanding the above? That AJG has a 4-40 game? Or has a ceiling game of 8-110-2? 

I'd be curious if somebody could provide six bullet points like above that points to a ceiling game.

• Like 1

Minn D against WR1.....

1. Michael Thomas    5    45    0    
2. Antonio Brown    5    62    0
(Martavis Bryant    3    91    1)
3. DeSean Jackson    4    84    1
4. Marvin Jones Jr.    2    42    0
5. Kendall Wright    4    46    0
6. Jordy Nelson        6    60    0
(Davante Adams    5    54    1)
7. Chris Moore?    2    36    1
8. Ricardo Louis?    2    42    0
9. bye
10. Jamison Crowder    4    76    0
11. Sammy Watkins    3    36    
(Robert Woods        8    81)
12. Marvin Jones Jr.    6    109    2
13. Julio Jones        2    24
14. Devin Funchess    3    59    1    

Nobody blew up on them, except maybe Marvin Jones, Jr. who made some great catches in very tight coverage.  I think one was on a free play where in most cases the QB would have never attempted the pass.  

If I benched AJ Green it would be for Marqise Lee or Alex Collins.  Don't think I can pull the trigger on that evnthough Alex has put up some really nice games lately.  

Edited by jon_mx

36 minutes ago, huthut said:

I would definitely consider it for Collins, though if Collins is on your bench it probably means you will win anyway.

Keenan Allen...definite

Carlos Hyde....definite

AJ Green....probable except is going against Rhodes, who has shut down Julio and Antonio.

Marvin Jones...

Rex Burkhead...

Alex Collin...

Start 1WR, 1RB and 3 Flex in 16-team PPR league...I have the last three rated about the same.  For now Alex is out, but it is a coin toss.   I have the worst feeling about AJ Green this week who would not normally be in the discussion.  

5 hours ago, sjdogs said:

Benching GREEN for

adam theilen

and 

likely Brandon cooks

Cooks a gamble for sure. Find that interesting because I may bench for Hogan.

Just don't see ceiling for AJG. Could see 5-75 which wouldn't be bad, but a 2-25 could happen. Low floor. 

Not sure if any of you either have players in the Saturday games or are facing players in these games. I'm facing P. Rivers and Kelce in the league I have AJG. This is how I'm playing it: If Rivers/Kelce go nuts and outperform their projections, that may force me to bench AJG. If Rivers/Kelce underperform I'll probably stand pat and start AJG.

2 minutes ago, Andrew74 said:

So what to do with Green in dynasty?  He’ll have a new coach and QB(?) next year.  

I don't see how u wouldn't have him as a WR1 still. while he probably won't get a lot over 1,000 yards receiving this year unless he blows up the next couple of games he only needs 20 yards to do it so barring not getting hurt last year and coming up like 30 yards short he would be 7-7 on 1,000 yard recieving years. Bengals in general sucked this year so it was gonna hurt him, while he may not be considered a top 5 guy anymore I think it would be crazy to knock him out of the top 10. Still a pretty safe bet at the beginning of next year for at least a 80-1200-8 line with the upside of much more. Maybe bengals get a guy like mcvay that will actually bring out the best in his position players

13 hours ago, Bfrahm3 said:

4 ####### targets

That's truly ridiculous. I know he's facing Rhodes but he's your best offensive player. You HAVE to make him an offensive focal point somehow. You can't just give up like that. I started him because his target share is almost always great. What a kick in the stones.

He gets Slay next week vs. Detroit. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with him. For the first time ever I'm legitimately considering sitting him. I probably won't but now it's complete uncertainty if he'll be used intelligently.

Edited by packersfan

Just now, packersfan said:

That's truly ridiculous. I know he's facing Rhodes but he's your best offensive player. You HAVE to make him an offensive focal point somehow. You can't just give up like that. I started him because his target share is almost always great. What a kick in the stones.

He gets Slay next week vs. Detroit. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with him. For the first time ever I'm legitimately considering sitting him. I probably won't but now it's complete uncertainty if he'll be used intelligently.

Unless it's for another top 10 WR, you have to start him. I am

13 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Unfortunately I have him and Evans so both are basically playing like I should bench them...Paul Richardson or tyrell Williams are my best bench options so just gonna keep rolling them out there and hope they finally go off like they should be.

if the game was close and they were doing good running the ball sure don't give him a bunch of targets but when your losing by multiple scores just throw it up to him and see if he can make a play like he has done for 6 years already. some people have said the bengals have quit on the year but I just don't think someone like green would do that, there's gotta be a part of him that's wants to get to 1200-1300 yards and keep showing he's one of the best in the game. He's also not really the type that's comes out and says get me the ball which doesn't help.

5 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Unfortunately I have him and Evans so both are basically playing like I should bench them...Paul Richardson or tyrell Williams are my best bench options so just gonna keep rolling them out there and hope they finally go off like they should be.

if the game was close and they were doing good running the ball sure don't give him a bunch of targets but when your losing by multiple scores just throw it up to him and see if he can make a play like he has done for 6 years already. some people have said the bengals have quit on the year but I just don't think someone like green would do that, there's gotta be a part of him that's wants to get to 1200-1300 yards and keep showing he's one of the best in the game. He's also not really the type that's comes out and says get me the ball which doesn't help.

While he hasn't been the type in the past, he did come out and say get me the ball after the week 2 loss to Houston on Thursday night.  In fact, it was the first time I had ever seen anything even remotely "selfish" on his part.  I don't think he would quit.  The Bengals have proven time and again that when they face adversity, they are going to go away from all logic and reason and just do things stupidly. 

I hope that changes with a new coach, but we'll see.  AJ is still one of the best in the game, and I still think he goes back end of the first next year in drafts. 

Someone mentioned the question of a new QB, but I don't see it happening.  Dalton was not the problem this year.  He was getting rid of the ball as fast as he ever has in his career because he had to.  That was the gameplan becuase they knew the line was AWFUL.  He was Marino-like in his release this year, so I blame the playcalling because I don't understand how AJ is not the hot read on 75% of your plays.

1 hour ago, packersfan said:

I agree. Gotta think back at home they don't phase him out of the offense two games in a row regardless of the matchup.  

I benched him this last weekend but as far as Detroit goes I don't have the same worries.  I'm glad I got through last week and he didn't do much on top of it.   He's truly due for a good game imo

• 4 months later...

In 2017 Green had the lowest yards per game of his career (67 ypg, when his previous low was 70 ypg and his previous average was 83 ypg), and also the lowest yards per target of his career (7.5 ypt, when his previous low was 8.0 ypt and his previous average was 8.9 ypt). He turns 30 in July. How worried should we be?

1 hour ago, ZWK said:

In 2017 Green had the lowest yards per game of his career (67 ypg, when his previous low was 70 ypg and his previous average was 83 ypg), and also the lowest yards per target of his career (7.5 ypt, when his previous low was 8.0 ypt and his previous average was 8.9 ypt). He turns 30 in July. How worried should we be?

It was also Andy Dalton's worst year since he was a rookie. The o-line played pretty horrible and the qb was running for his life most plays, many times forced to throw away or make passes in not ideal situations. It's not like Dalton is the most physically gifted to begin with. I don't know if the Bengals have improved with FA, or they will with the draft, so I'd be concerned of more of the same out of Bengals as much as with a decline from AJ Green. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most receivers don't start to seriously fall-off until their mid-30's. For example, Brandon Marshall had his statistically best season at age 31, and Larry Fitzgerald is still producing in his year 34.