What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Green, ARZ (1 Viewer)

is there any use of trading for him if you're a lock for the playoffs?    

Im wondering if CIN will care if they lose again this week.

Even with a loss Cincy is still right in the playoff mix, no?

NE, PIT, HOU, KC, LA seem to be locks at this point leaving a hodgepodge of teams at 5-4 or 4-5 for the last spot including Cincy

If the season ended today Cincinnati would be in the playoffs (I think). So, yes I think he still holds value and Cincinnati will keep playing for the chance to get knocked out on wild card weekend again.

I traded him away last week, as I'm fighting for a playoff spot and couldn't afford to wait.  Traded him to a team that is pretty solidly in the playoffs.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he hopes to have A.J. Green (toe) for Sunday's game with Baltimore.

This may just be coachspeak from Lewis. Green didn't practice Wednesday after sitting out last week. Most reports have him missing at least one more game. It's a longshot Green returns Sunday, but with their playoff chances dwindling, it's possible the Bengals could push Green at less than 100 percent.
wat

That is a BAD idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus he has a bad matchup....  Maybe last weeks performance convince Lewis that Green needed to jump start offense/team??

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported on Sunday that A.J. Green (toe) has a "good chance" to return Week 12 against the Browns.

Advice: Green tested out his toe in pregame warmups ahead of last week's Ravens game, suggesting he's getting close. He's missed the past two games, both of which have been Bengals losses. Falling fast, the 5-5 Bengals need Green back ASAP. His presence would be a massive boost to everyone on offense.
Looks like I'll be deciding between Green and Baldwin on Sunday.

Foot or toe injuries for WR make me hesitate but I need him this week.  Hopeful for positive practice news or I will move Lockett or Kirk into my lineup.

I kind of need the news by Thursday. Cooper is my other option,  but there are a lot of guys going early this week.

I can either go Golladay Thursday or wait for word on Green on Sunday. If Green is out I can plug Kittle into that FLEX spot. Not sure what to do..ugh

Cooper vs Josh Norman? Id take the risk and wait. Theres gotta be someone else you can plug in in an emergency.
Not sure what site has specific CB stats, but #1 WRs against Was have been fine this year.  The worst game was Michael Thomas’ 5/74/0 in week 4, but they’ve averaged 5.6 rec/80.4 yards/.6TD over the season.  11.64 FF points/week makes for a low-end WR1/high-end WR2.

I'm rolling with Cooper.  Green is going to have to prove he can play with this injury before I start him.  My Sunday options are Fitzpatrick and David Moore which I don't think are good enough.

Not sure what site has specific CB stats, but #1 WRs against Was have been fine this year.  The worst game was Michael Thomas’ 5/74/0 in week 4, but they’ve averaged 5.6 rec/80.4 yards/.6TD over the season.  11.64 FF points/week makes for a low-end WR1/high-end WR2.
Those numbers just got much higher.

The Athletic's Jay Morrison reports "it doesn't look like" A.J. Green (toe) will play Week 12 against the Browns.

Everything had been positive on Green leading up to the holiday, but he didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday and declined to talk to the media on Friday. He said he'd talk if he was playing, so beat writers are reading the tea leaves here. We should have an official designation on Green in a couple hours.
Heal up and be back in a week.

I can't believe this. All my wr options are hurt with green, Baldwin, and Smith. 

Does anyone think John Ross is a good play this week? It's either him or Goodwin vs TB.

I can't believe this. All my wr options are hurt with green, Baldwin, and Smith. 

Does anyone think John Ross is a good play this week? It's either him or Goodwin vs TB.
Was hoping AJ was good to go.    I got Ross, Mike Williams and perhaps Donte Moncrief.    I'm leaning towards starting Ross, but in your case I would start Goodwin.    Tampa D is bad, local and I watch them every week.

Nothing there to suggest A.J. will miss significantly more time. It was thought he'd be back this week, but now it looks like it'll be Week 13.

Don’t understand why he goes to last weeks game for walk thru indicating he is close and now week later no improvement?  

Makes me wonder if they just shut him down, but guess that may depend on whether Marvin is truly on the hot seat or not. Certainly would be lobbying for him to suit up if he is.

Users who are viewing this thread