Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official AJ Green

JohnnyU

15 minutes ago, SpruceGoose said:

is there any use of trading for him if you're a lock for the playoffs?    

Im wondering if CIN will care if they lose again this week.

Even with a loss Cincy is still right in the playoff mix, no?

NE, PIT, HOU, KC, LA seem to be locks at this point leaving a hodgepodge of teams at 5-4 or 4-5 for the last spot including Cincy

If the season ended today Cincinnati would be in the playoffs (I think). So, yes I think he still holds value and Cincinnati will keep playing for the chance to get knocked out on wild card weekend again.

20 minutes ago, SpruceGoose said:

is there any use of trading for him if you're a lock for the playoffs?    

Im wondering if CIN will care if they lose again this week.

I traded him away last week, as I'm fighting for a playoff spot and couldn't afford to wait.  Traded him to a team that is pretty solidly in the playoffs.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said he hopes to have A.J. Green (toe) for Sunday's game with Baltimore.

This may just be coachspeak from Lewis. Green didn't practice Wednesday after sitting out last week. Most reports have him missing at least one more game. It's a longshot Green returns Sunday, but with their playoff chances dwindling, it's possible the Bengals could push Green at less than 100 percent.

wat

That is a BAD idea.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry spiders said:

Guess you didnt see him torch baltimore for 3 tds earlier this year?

... in Cincy and he was 100% healthy. Here he's nowhere near 100% and playing in Baltimore.

Edited by The Frankman

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported on Sunday that A.J. Green (toe) has a "good chance" to return Week 12 against the Browns.

Advice: Green tested out his toe in pregame warmups ahead of last week's Ravens game, suggesting he's getting close. He's missed the past two games, both of which have been Bengals losses. Falling fast, the 5-5 Bengals need Green back ASAP. His presence would be a massive boost to everyone on offense.

Looks like I'll be deciding between Green and Baldwin on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I kind of need the news by Thursday. Cooper is my other option,  but there are a lot of guys going early this week.

Cooper vs Josh Norman? Id take the risk and wait. Theres gotta be someone else you can plug in in an emergency.

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Cooper vs Josh Norman? Id take the risk and wait. Theres gotta be someone else you can plug in in an emergency.

Not sure what site has specific CB stats, but #1 WRs against Was have been fine this year.  The worst game was Michael Thomas’ 5/74/0 in week 4, but they’ve averaged 5.6 rec/80.4 yards/.6TD over the season.  11.64 FF points/week makes for a low-end WR1/high-end WR2.

On 11/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, Bayhawks said:

Not sure what site has specific CB stats, but #1 WRs against Was have been fine this year.  The worst game was Michael Thomas’ 5/74/0 in week 4, but they’ve averaged 5.6 rec/80.4 yards/.6TD over the season.  11.64 FF points/week makes for a low-end WR1/high-end WR2.

Those numbers just got much higher.

The Athletic's Jay Morrison reports "it doesn't look like" A.J. Green (toe) will play Week 12 against the Browns.

Everything had been positive on Green leading up to the holiday, but he didn't practice Wednesday or Thursday and declined to talk to the media on Friday. He said he'd talk if he was playing, so beat writers are reading the tea leaves here. We should have an official designation on Green in a couple hours.

Heal up and be back in a week.

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

I can't believe this. All my wr options are hurt with green, Baldwin, and Smith. 

Does anyone think John Ross is a good play this week? It's either him or Goodwin vs TB.

Was hoping AJ was good to go.    I got Ross, Mike Williams and perhaps Donte Moncrief.    I'm leaning towards starting Ross, but in your case I would start Goodwin.    Tampa D is bad, local and I watch them every week.

16 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

if by chance he is active Sunday, is anyone playing him?? seems a very risky bet at this point...

I most likely will based on matchup plus I have Baldwin, fun chess, t Williams and sanders so not much choice..