Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official AJ Green


JohnnyU

Recommended Posts

I actually think that for a new contract, it would be better if he doesn't play than if he does. What he can do is well known in the league. He has NOTHING to prove. If he plays in this team this year, he has nothing to gain but a lot to lose. The O-line is a mess, the QB sucks, the whole offense is horrible, etc....I think he will hurt his value if he plays this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

I actually think that for a new contract, it would be better if he doesn't play than if he does. What he can do is well known in the league. He has NOTHING to prove. If he plays in this team this year, he has nothing to gain but a lot to lose. The O-line is a mess, the QB sucks, the whole offense is horrible, etc....I think he will hurt his value if he plays this year. 

He needs to show that he is still healthy enough to play in the NFL without falling apart every time he gets hit.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

They are desperate for a 2nd WR option. It's talked about over and over again whenever the Saints' offense is brought up.

TreQuan healthy would be interesting. Cook hasn't had a chance to connect with Brees either. Stars haven't aligned yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Huge Bengals fan as you guys know bit resigned with a state affairs that mean we should liberate him and get some value.  And celebrate his time with us later on when the time is right :(

He deserves it.

-QG

The Saints went through this with Rickey Jackson, fans were actually glad he landed in San Fran where he could get a ring. But I am a little surprised that's the mood there, first year offensive minded coach, give it some time. I'm not exactly sure where this speculation is coming from as there doesn't seem to be any rumor about it in Cincy or the league?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

I have him on my bench in a redraft. Would you guys hang on to him on a redraft or unload and grab someone from waivers like Corey Davis? What's the consensus this year about him playing at some point?

I drafted and am still holding him in a 12 redraft , start 2 wr 1 flex ppr

Hopkins and Thielen started at wr every wk so far 

I’m 0-4 :lol:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I drafted him late to eventually be my WR3/Flex option behind Juju and Tyreek.  That plan has not worked out great for me, but I'm holding with the expectation that he'll be back to form by week 10-11 and hopefully full force come FF playoff time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

Dude....

Yeah.....unless AJ plays, any player playing is better.....AJ playing this year is not a lock....hence my question...…..Dude.....

After the draft, I was feeling awesome about my WRs...we can start 3 of them. I got Ty Williams, Thielen, Juju and AJ green.....you can guess how my season is going at this point....lol

Edited by Sasgaard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

Yeah.....unless AJ plays, any player playing is better.....AJ playing this year is not a lock....hence my question...…..Dude.....

After the draft, I was feeling awesome about my WRs...we can start 3 of them. I got Ty Williams, Thielen, Juju and AJ green.....you can guess how my season is going at this point....lol

You have to start all of those guys over Corey

imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sasgaard said:

Yeah.....unless AJ plays, any player playing is better.....AJ playing this year is not a lock....hence my question...…..Dude.....

After the draft, I was feeling awesome about my WRs...we can start 3 of them. I got Ty Williams, Thielen, Juju and AJ green.....you can guess how my season is going at this point....lol

Most of the time Davis will get you the same points AJ Green is getting you while injured. He will be back in a couple weeks. If you really want to drop him trade him at least..dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

??

Don't want it to be that way - the smileys on my comment brought me down a bit.  Hate it as a Bengals fan.

But at 31 at the end of the contract and seeing what he's seeing I'd be shocked if he resigned here.  I know he wants to be Larry Fitzgerald - has expressed admiration at how he has stuck it out with one team.  It's just better for him - but I hate it. 

-QG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Don't want it to be that way - the smileys on my comment brought me down a bit.  Hate it as a Bengals fan.

But at 31 at the end of the contract and seeing what he's seeing I'd be shocked if he resigned here.  I know he wants to be Larry Fitzgerald - has expressed admiration at how he has stuck it out with one team.  It's just better for him - but I hate it. 

-QG

What do we think the asking price should be, and is it true that if he is not re-signed (by whatever team he is on to end this season) that that team will get a 3rd round compensatory pick factored into their formula for the 2020 draft?  If so, a team like Green Bay/Dallas/NE/NO/Bal and maybe even KC should think long and hard about offering up a 2 to get Green for a playoff run, and then get back a 3 next year.  I know that the compensatory pick formula is more complex than that and that 2019 caps need to be considered but in a vacuum this seems like a no-brainer. 

Of course, all of this assumes that Cinci is even shopping him which we have seen no indication of as yet, have we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

What do we think the asking price should be, and is it true that if he is not re-signed (by whatever team he is on to end this season) that that team will get a 3rd round compensatory pick factored into their formula for the 2020 draft?  If so, a team like Green Bay/Dallas/NE/NO/Bal and maybe even KC should think long and hard about offering up a 2 to get Green for a playoff run, and then get back a 3 next year.  I know that the compensatory pick formula is more complex than that and that 2019 caps need to be considered but in a vacuum this seems like a no-brainer. 

Of course, all of this assumes that Cinci is even shopping him which we have seen no indication of as yet, have we?

More than a 3rd obv - I think I would take a late 2nd.  And I would want AJ to be okay with it.  I always forget the whole comp pick thing in this.  And that does sweeten the pot for the other team that is true.

I don't think the Bengals are shopping him but I don't know that they aren't listening.  I think he has to see game action for the Bengals for a week for teams to be comfortable he's healthy enough.

-QG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

What do we think the asking price should be, and is it true that if he is not re-signed (by whatever team he is on to end this season) that that team will get a 3rd round compensatory pick factored into their formula for the 2020 draft?  If so, a team like Green Bay/Dallas/NE/NO/Bal and maybe even KC should think long and hard about offering up a 2 to get Green for a playoff run, and then get back a 3 next year.  I know that the compensatory pick formula is more complex than that and that 2019 caps need to be considered but in a vacuum this seems like a no-brainer. 

Of course, all of this assumes that Cinci is even shopping him which we have seen no indication of as yet, have we?

It seems like it makes sense on every level. From the Cincy perspective, they’re obviously not going anywhere this year so if they can upgrade that 3rd round comp pick it’s a no-brainer. For a contender giving a likely late 2 for AJ down the stretch (assuming good health) plus a late 3rd is a no-brainer. And if you’re AJ is it better to showcase yourself for free agency in Cincy with bad qb play and an awful OL or on a contending team with a presumably much better supporting offensive cast? Aside from a trade partner needing cap room is loyalty the only thing that’s stopping this? Because loyalty doesn’t get ya paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, QuizGuy66 said:

 I think he has to see game action for the Bengals for a week for teams to be comfortable he's healthy enough.

-QG

This...trading deadline is 10/29.  Means AJ would have to play 10/27.  And if I’m a team, I’d want to see what the after effects of a Sunday yielded coming off such a significant injury.  Meaning that 10/20 would likely have to be the date he came back by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

It seems like it makes sense on every level. From the Cincy perspective, they’re obviously not going anywhere this year so if they can upgrade that 3rd round comp pick it’s a no-brainer. For a contender giving a likely late 2 for AJ down the stretch (assuming good health) plus a late 3rd is a no-brainer. And if you’re AJ is it better to showcase yourself for free agency in Cincy with bad qb play and an awful OL or on a contending team with a presumably much better supporting offensive cast? Aside from a trade partner needing cap room is loyalty the only thing that’s stopping this? Because loyalty doesn’t get ya paid.

Sound logic, and really hard to argue against it. A trade really does make sense for all parties. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks, but as a football fan I'm hoping a) he's healthy and b) he gets traded to a contender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Redraft, only have to start 2, so I have been getting by while waiting on AJ.  Starting to wonder how healthy he actually is at the moment.  Is he semi-holding out right now, and we just don't know it? 

I think that it’s somewhat in the open that the business side of football is playing a large role in why he’s not back yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

I think that it’s somewhat in the open that the business side of football is playing a large role in why he’s not back yet.

If you asked him at this moment, what percentage would he say he is, as far as health is concerned?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

If you asked him at this moment, what percentage would he say he is, as far as health is concerned?

Haha well he would probably just say “not 100%”. Pure speculation but I’d guess he’s 90-95% and if he weren’t a pending free agent and the Bengals were 3-1 he’d be out there already. It’ll be 3 and a half weeks since he got the boot off by game time this week. And that’s not a knock on AJ because I’m a big fan of the person and the player. It makes absolute sense to sit a bit extra in this case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have him as a 9th round pick in a shallow bench keeper league, and it is hard to hold onto him without knowing when he will come back and if he will be stuck on the Bengals, otherwise I need to drop players who are actually contributing now for injury pickups. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, huthut said:

Have him as a 9th round pick in a shallow bench keeper league, and it is hard to hold onto him without knowing when he will come back and if he will be stuck on the Bengals, otherwise I need to drop players who are actually contributing now for injury pickups. 

I'm guessing you can trade him for something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'm guessing you can trade him for something.

Not really, trading does not really happen much in this league, half the teams will veto any trade that does not involve them, and 90% of the teams will not respond to any trade requests at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Redraft, only have to start 2, so I have been getting by while waiting on AJ.  Starting to wonder how healthy he actually is at the moment.  Is he semi-holding out right now, and we just don't know it? 

I am not so sure - Larry Fitzgerald is his hero and mentor (interestingly they play the Cardinals this week) and Larry has stuck with the Cardinals through thick and a good chunk of thin.  It's the one hopeful part of this in terms of AJ being a lifer.  Don't know if the change away from Marvin changes any of his feelings in terms of that.

-QG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

So umm, find a new league.  Lame

There should be a league format that requires trading one player every week (and never the same one twice) - spice things up.

Actual the real NFL has gotten much more active in trading than the fantasy leagues I've been in :)

-QG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

So umm, find a new league.  Lame

I would, but it is the only league I am in with my dad. I am mainly in it for that reason, but it is also fairly profitable since it is big money, but only 1/3rd of the owners actually know what they are doing. 

Not that the world needs to hear my life store in the AJ Green thread.

Edited by huthut
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Coach Zac Taylor confirmed A.J. Green (ankle) won't practice this week and will be inactive vs. the Ravens.

Green doesn't appear to be very motivated to return without a new contract. The Bengals will roll with Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate and Damion Willis in 3-WR sets during Green's absence. Tate is probably set up the best in Week 6 against a Ravens defense that is expected to utilize stud CB Marlon Humphrey on Boyd for most of the afternoon.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter.

Oct 7, 2019, 3:11 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I drafted this guy expecting him to be back this week or next.  Obviously planned accordingly but Tyreek being out also has made it difficult to keep him rostered.  If he’s not available to go next week I gotta start thinking about dumping him.  Getting frustrating

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

I drafted this guy expecting him to be back this week or next.  Obviously planned accordingly but Tyreek being out also has made it difficult to keep him rostered.  If he’s not available to go next week I gotta start thinking about dumping him.  Getting frustrating

Compounding bad mistakes usually never works.

If you are willing to dump him now then you lose twice, once on a wasted pick and another on a probable 7-8 weeks of production at the expense of rostering a lesser guy who you have for like 1-2 more weeks than Green.

If new news came out that he would be back week 12 or something then sure, drop him.

But dropping him now based on the same or similar info you had when you drafted him is just plain silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Compounding bad mistakes usually never works.

If you are willing to dump him now then you lose twice, once on a wasted pick and another on a probable 7-8 weeks of production at the expense of rostering a lesser guy who you have for like 1-2 more weeks than Green.

If new news came out that he would be back week 12 or something then sure, drop him.

But dropping him now based on the same or similar info you had when you drafted him is just plain silly.

True.  I’m really just venting.  I’ve waited this long, it’d be pretty stupid to jump ship a week or two before I can actually realize some value from having him take up roster space for the last five weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...