Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why did it take me 40 ####### years to find this thread.. If I remember correctly, according to Warren Sharp, Green only lined up in the slot on ~10% of his snaps last year. What I noticed on his

Boot OFF get hype

They played themselves when they didn't trade him.

If Green plays, he'll be in my lineup. The question will be though, do I start Sanu with him along with Wallace? Gotta be a better option than V-Jax or Decker.

Yeah, dropping VJax for Green myself. Worried that he's going to be decoy more than anything, but still rolling with him

Wrong thread I know, but what is the latest on Eifert?

Supposedly will be back Week 11, but this is from Friday:

(KFFL)Cincinnati Bengals TE Tyler Eifert (elbow) was eligible to practice this week but is not ready to return at this time. Eifert is currently on the Active/Reserve/Injured list.

Latest tidbit:

Maualuga, Zeitler and tight end Tyler Eifert all worked out on the rehab field. Eifert, who suffered a dislocated elbow in the season opener at Baltimore, is eligible to return to practice, but can't play in a game until Nov. 6 against Cleveland. It's likely he will return though for the Nov. 16 game at New Orleans.

Rotoworld:

A.J. Green - WR - Bengals

A.J. Green (toe) indicated Wednesday he is still unsure of his Week 9 status.

Green practiced on a limited basis Wednesday. It sounds like his availability will be a late-week or game-time decision for Sunday's clash with Jacksonville. "Im just going to go day-by-day and do a little more tomorrow," Green said. "I think Ill be fine, but well just take it day-by-day. I have to take care of my body. I have a long career ahead of me. I dont want anything serious when I can just rest it and make it feel better."

Source: bengals.com

Oct 29 - 7:21 PM

Rotoworld:

A.J. Green (toe) participated in Thursday's practice.

It will likely be another "limited" session for the long-sidelined receiver, but it's another step in the direction for his Week 9 status. Even if Green practices again on Friday, he's likely trending toward a game-time decision, but owners can be cautiously optimistic he'll suit up. CIN/JAX kicks off at 1ET, so thankfully we'll have a Green answer no later than 11:30 AM ET.

Source: Geoff Hobson on Twitter
Oct 30 - 1:26 PM

Rotoworld:

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis expressed confidence Friday that A.J. Green (toe, questionable) will play Sunday against the Jaguars after practicing for a third consecutive day.

Green was technically "limited" in all three practices, but he's on course to start. "If everything stays the way it is, he'll play," Lewis said. The Bengals should be thankful to have gone 1-1-1 without Green in the lineup, including getting a critical division victory over the Ravens last week. With Green back and Mohamed Sanu rolling, Andy Dalton is shaping up as a decent two-quarterback-league start against a depleted Jaguars pass defense.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer
Oct 31 - 1:20 PM

A.J. Green (toe) is practicing again on Friday.

Barring a setback, Green is fully expected to play against the Jaguars. The question is whether he'll be more of a decoy than box-score contributor. Green is currently our No. 11 receiver for Week 9. He'd be an intriguing DFS play in tournaments. Green has elite WR1 upside and likely won't have a high ownership percentage.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter
Oct 31 - 11:09 AM

After the Falcons' game I benched him cause I didn't trust the toe and he went for 6-103 vs Titans. If he plays, I'm probably going to start him over Beckham and Fitz.

Same place, starting over Beckham, anyone you're likely considering starting over him as a floor just as low as his (eg. 2 catches, 23 yards) without his upside. But obviously monitor until right before kickoff.

Trap. Better hope he gets his early and saves the fantasy day. Otherwise, too many scenarios for this to be a let down.

Cincy should be in garbage time one would think for at least some of the second half. This favors Sanu and the running game, no? They're not going to keep AJ out there all game with a gimpy foot, are they?

I'd like to see him out there, not because I own him, but because he should help Dalton and Hill, both of whom I have to start this week due to bye week issues (and the FBGs subscriber contest).

Rotoworld take:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports A.J. Green (questionable, toe) "will play today" against the Jaguars.

Green missed the past three games with a recurring toe injury. Green has publicly promised that he will be in no way limited and will not be a decoy if he's playing in games going forward. Green's return is excellent news for all Bengals as it not only adds playmaking ability to Andy Dalton's arsenal, but it should open things up underneath and in the running game. Green should be fired up as a legitimate WR1 play in all fantasy leagues.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Rotoworld:

A.J. Green - WR - Bengals

Profootballtalk reports A.J. Green's (toe) workload will be based on game flow.

Green is fully expected to play despite the questionable tag, but just how big of a role he'll play remains the question. With the Bengals playing on Thursday night in Week 10, Green could make a quick exit to the sidelines if this one gets out of hand in favor of the Bengals in the second half. Green is shaping up as a boom-or-bust WR1 against Jacksonville's injury-riddled secondary.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Nov 2 - 11:13 AM

Trap. Better hope he gets his early and saves the fantasy day. Otherwise, too many scenarios for this to be a let down.

Cincy should be in garbage time one would think for at least some of the second half. This favors Sanu and the running game, no? They're not going to keep AJ out there all game with a gimpy foot, are they?

That's my line of thought. Iffy issue.

So if he gets 30 snaps,say 8 targets,catches 6 for 90 yds(remember it's Jax he's playing,not the '85 Bears) he has a "nice" game. If he slips a TD in there,then it's "nice return! AJ! "

So if he gets 30 snaps,say 8 targets,catches 6 for 90 yds(remember it's Jax he's playing,not the '85 Bears) he has a "nice" game. If he slips a TD in there,then it's "nice return! AJ! "

And if it's 21-3 halfway through the second quarter and AJ has 2/37 then people will say "they just sit him till he's 100%" and "I knew I should have sat him".

It can definitely go either way. Tough call.

And if it's 21-3 halfway through the second quarter and AJ has 2/37 then people will say "they just sit him till he's 100%" and "I knew I should have sat him".

It is a tough call,but my coffee cup is half full

Ouch...tough to take the chance...but I may like AJ Green early on to score enough to make him a better play than Holmes, Robinson, Beckham.

I have those exact same WR options, plus Denard who I can also play at WR. My team is strong enough that I can probably hold Green out, but it's tough to sit a stud who's definitely playing.

After the Falcons' game I benched him cause I didn't trust the toe and he went for 6-103 vs Titans. If he plays, I'm probably going to start him over Beckham and Fitz.

Okay, I chickened out and am starting Fitz. This snap count talk worries me I'll get nothing.

I am keeping him on the bench today. Will start Demaryius Thomas over him.

DeMaryius Thomas? Really? As if you were going to bench Thomas anyway?
Lol. Nice problem, isn't it? Got them both on one of my dynasty teams. Also have Antonio Brown on that team. So choice was between Green and Demaryius. It's good to be me in that league.

It is a tough call,but my coffee cup is half full

That's cool. Just don't be sipping your coffee through rose colored glasses. Consider all the scenarios.

Im going to keep him in the flex despite the snap count/big lead worries over Sproles, Jordan Reed, Kelce, and Jonas Gray. Hopefully Dalton is happy to have him back and goes to him early and often, if he gets a TD the rest is gravy.

Edited by Kenny Powers