Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Adrian Peterson Status Updates

TheFanatic

Rotoworld:

ESPN Vikings reporter Ben Goessling said Adrian Peterson will not be "anything less than a featured back."

With Peterson almost certain to stay in Minnesota, the question now turns to how the Vikings will use their aging workhorse. The emergence of Teddy Bridgewater should take some of the pressure off the Vikings' run game, and Peterson may need some time to adjust to the shotgun-heavy offense Minnesota ran last season. Peterson is still the most talented player on the Vikings' offense, and though he may lose some passing-down work to Jerick McKinnon, he should touch the ball plenty. Peterson is a high-end RB1.
Source: ESPN.com
May 9 - 11:14 AM

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Zimmer does not think there will be any issues with a disgruntled Adrian Peterson this season.

Peterson unsuccessfully tried to force his way out of Minnesota this offseason. He may not be the happiest camper come August, but a $12.75M salary, workhorse role and vastly improved Vikings offense should squash those feelings quickly. Peterson has scored at least 10 rushing touchdowns in every full year of his career and is certainly under consideration as a top-five fantasy running back this season.
May 14 - 10:30 AM

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/why-are-pro-sports-leagues-in-the-punishment-business-051715

Eight years ago NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced the NFL's new personal conduct policy and everything in pro sports changed. Up until Goodell's announced policy in April of 2007 for the entire history of American sports pro sports leagues had never punished players for actions that had nothing whatsoever to do with competition. (Players or athletes were punished for performance enhancing drugs, gambling, or, in a move that I disagree with, non performance enhancing drugs. But never for entirely off the field activities unrelated to their sports.) Goodell's policy, prompted by a slate of off the field criminal issues, gave the NFL commissioner unquestioned power to discipline players for any incident that reflected poorly upon the NFL's brand

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/19/adrian-peterson-domestic-violence-nfl-league-discipline/

By Stephanie Stradley
@StephStradley

I am a lawyer in Texas and an unabashed follower of the Houston Texans. I was asked to write this for The MMQB because of the strong response to a post on my personal blog, “What is sensible discipline for NFL player misconduct?” To try to move the discussion forward, I wanted here to specifically address how the league and the public should be thinking about player discipline. These issues are not easily reduced to a sound bite, a press conference, a 140-character tweet or debate-rage TV.

No one feels good about the reactive, inconsistent way in which the NFL and its teams have dealt with player discipline in recent days, or even recent years. But should we be surprised that the league’s disciplinary decisions have felt random and haphazard? It’s hard enough for criminal justice professionals, who look at a variety of factors beyond simply the nature of the offense, to determine appropriate punishment. For sports leagues that are embracing the role of moral arbiters on an ad hoc basis, it is nearly impossible to come up with one-size-fits-all disciplinary scheme without sacrificing a measure of integrity or fairness.

Eight years ago NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced the NFL's new personal conduct policy and everything in pro sports changed. Up until Goodell's announced policy in April of 2007 for the entire history of American sports pro sports leagues had never punished players for actions that had nothing whatsoever to do with competition. (Players or athletes were punished for performance enhancing drugs, gambling, or, in a move that I disagree with, non performance enhancing drugs. But never for entirely off the field activities unrelated to their sports.) Goodell's policy, prompted by a slate of off the field criminal issues, gave the NFL commissioner unquestioned power to discipline players for any incident that reflected poorly upon the NFL's brand

What the what???

Being suspended for recreational drugs isn't an "entirely off the field activity unrelated to their sports"?

Edited by davearm

Hope he has a crap year. Such an #######.

:lmao: I hope he gets traded to the Cowboys and runs for 3k yards. Not because I'm a Cowboys fan, but just so you get to eat all the weirdo venom you've been spewing for the past 6 months.

Somebody on a laptop please post the individual posts count for this thread.

Training camp should be interesting... I hope he doesn't try a hold out

I don't really see a guy getting paid 1m/wk holding out

I don't think he'll hold out either, but players don't get paid during training camp.

yeah but they get fined --- it's not impossible, but usually they risk the fines in order to gain more money.

:lmao: I hope he gets traded to the Cowboys and runs for 3k yards. Not because I'm a Cowboys fan, but just so you get to eat all the weirdo venom you've been spewing for the past 6 months.

I posted them, I'm only in 4th place. I just can't stand Adrian or anything about how he's handled himself. First he goes along with the victim card when his son was killed. But he had no relationship with that kid. Just accepted the condolences and acting like he gave a ####, which he didn't.

Then he gets in trouble for beating his kid so bad that the words switch and genitals come into play. And he then plays the victim card again.

He's a gutless piece of ####.

I posted them, I'm only in 4th place. I just can't stand Adrian or anything about how he's handled himself. First he goes along with the victim card when his son was killed. But he had no relationship with that kid. Just accepted the condolences and acting like he gave a ####, which he didn't.

Then he gets in trouble for beating his kid so bad that the words switch and genitals come into play. And he then plays the victim card again.

He's super religious and believes his form of Child Rea is out of the Bible (regardless of what most other Christians think). He also believes the child who died is in heaven.

He's super religious and believes his form of Child Rea is out of the Bible (regardless of what most other Christians think). He also believes the child who died is in heaven.

running up the score ^^

Whatever gives you pleasure in life my man. Seems like a lot of wasted energy.

interesting

The NFLPA has filed a motion to hold the league and commissioner Roger Goodell in contempt of court in the Adrian Peterson case.

The union believes the league didn't follow through on its legal obligations after independent arbitrator David Doty overturned Peterson's suspension on Feb. 26. "The delay tactics, inconsistencies and arbitrary decision making of the League has continued to hurt the rights of players, the credibility of the League office and the integrity of the CBA," NFLPA president Eric Winston said in a statement. "In the absence of any action by the NFL's governing board of owners, the players have acted to hold the NFL accountable to our players, the CBA and to the law."

cstu 151 SaintsInDome2006 137 Jerry Curl 119 Sabertooth 106 Insein 66

People like you would turn this forum into nothing but Faust updates from Rotoworld.

well I don't recall you being a tool in this thread, but the gems that Sabertooth and Jerry Curl put in here we could all live without

I admit I did talk about child rea.

Please, you've hated Adrian for years now. Long before either of these two incidents happened.

cstu 151 SaintsInDome2006 137 Jerry Curl 119 Sabertooth 106 Insein 66

People like you would turn this forum into nothing but Faust updates from Rotoworld.

When the average viewer clicks to see new posts in a long thread about a controversial player, which do you think is usually preferred between a Faust update and a hot take?

Well if we had a working search function on this site I could find the Child Rea thread to discuss minor matters in.

Edited by cstu

Also if he plays well could help in trade value.

because other teams aren't familiar with his work

Larry is right. Hard to see a scenario where AP plays for the Vikings again.

I don't see the Vikings trading him, hard for me to see a scenario where he doesn't play for the Vikings again.

surprised hes not released yet

He's not going to be released.

:goodposting: , as usual

Rotoworld:

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says he has an "indication" of when disgruntled RB Adrian Peterson will report back to the team.

Zimmer didn't offer much in the way of elaboration. "It's up to Adrian, really," Zimmer said in a radio interview. "It's the voluntary time of year right now, and it's his decision in what he wants to do." Peterson has slowly accepted the reality that he's not going to be traded. Perhaps he'll skip next month's minicamp, but there's zero reason to believe he'll be absent for the start of training camp.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

May 21 - 7:15 PM

I think this is the last "statement" that he makes. Just feels like beyond this point, he's got too much money on the line to hold out.

Yea, he isn't going to hold out.. I think this is he & his agent's last attempt at trying to get traded since it is voluntary to show up.. Wish I could :shrug: at losing $250k..

Hell, wish I could :shrug: off $2500

If he isn't traded within the month he'll show up at the mandatory workouts next month.

Edited by snogger

I think this is the last "statement" that he makes. Just feels like beyond this point, he's got too much money on the line to hold out.

Yea, he isn't going to hold out.. I think this is he & his agent's last attempt at trying to get traded since it is voluntary to show up.. Wish I could :shrug: at losing $250k..

If he isn't traded within the month he'll show up at the mandatory workouts next month.

What makes anyone think he will be traded at this point? He will be in MN.

I've been trying to remember the last time AP attended OTAs... Not sure he ever has.

No news here.

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

A source tells Yahoo that Adrian Peterson still wants to be traded.

Despite not getting moved during the draft, Peterson isn't backing off. He's skipping this week's OTAs, reportedly intends to sit out all of the Vikings' offseason workouts and "has not yet made a decision" about holding out of June mandatory minicamp or training camp. Peterson is apparently still fuming about the way the Vikings failed to support him during last year's child-abuse scandal. Regardless, the team has all the leverage here as he's under contract for $12.75 million. It's hard to see Peterson passing on that money in order to make a statement.

Source: Yahoo Sports

May 25 - 8:45 AM

Adrian Peterson and his agent just need to get over their butt hurt or just go away. The dude beats the crap out of his own child--and is now acting like he's a victim of his team not standing behind him? Adrian shouldn't be talking about loyalty when he didn't even have enough loyalty to his own child when he beat the heck out of him. The greed that he is exposing after a turmoil that was brought onto him by himself is nothing short of disgusting. Last time I checked--the Vikings wanted to bring him back immediately--when many of the Vikings and NFL's sponsors (the people who help Adrian get paid tens of millions of dollars for running in a field with a ball in his hands) threatened to distance themselves and their capital from the NFL. The Vikings and the NFL had no choice but to handle things the way they did--they were absolutely handcuffed as a result of the horrendous actions of Adrian.

Adrian said this as an apology:

"I am not a perfect son. I am not a perfect husband. I am not a perfect parent, but I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser. I am someone that disciplined his child and did not intend to cause him any injury. No one can understand the hurt that I feel for my son and for the harm I caused him. My goal is always to teach my son right from wrong and that's what I tried to do that day."

No Adrian--you are not a perfect son, nor a perfect husband, nor a perfect parent. Instead you are a greedy, self loving, disgusting child beating idiot who has no idea what personal responsibility is. You care more about your money than you do the health of your child. Please just go away as far as I'm concerned.

^ absolutely no debates about child rea

that is not a debate--that is just my opinion. I have no desire or expectations to go back and forth about my opinion as I understand that everybody has their own.

Edited by jvdesigns2002

I've been trying to remember the last time AP attended OTAs... Not sure he ever has.

No news here.

The news is that this is the first time he's list $250K because of missing OTA's.

But I agree to a certain degree that it's no news, as by all accounts this was expected. It'll get interesting if he starts skipping mandatory mini-camp, which I don't suspect he will.

No news here.

The news is that this is the first time he's list $250K because of missing OTA's.

But I agree to a certain degree that it's no news, as by all accounts this was expected. It'll get interesting if he starts skipping mandatory mini-camp, which I don't suspect he will.

He did attend last years voluntary OTA's, then again it was a new coaching staff and he was looking to see how he fit in...

Until he shows up the media is going to continue to speculate... Was hoping he would show up, even if it was a :hey: and then :bye: just to get the media hype about this over with..

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

A source tells Yahoo that Adrian Peterson still wants to be traded.

Despite not getting moved during the draft, Peterson isn't backing off. He's skipping this week's OTAs, reportedly intends to sit out all of the Vikings' offseason workouts and "has not yet made a decision" about holding out of June mandatory minicamp or training camp. Peterson is apparently still fuming about the way the Vikings failed to support him during last year's child-abuse scandal. Regardless, the team has all the leverage here as he's under contract for $12.75 million. It's hard to see Peterson passing on that money in order to make a statement.

Source: Yahoo Sports

May 25 - 8:45 AM

"A source tells yahoo"

:lmao::lmao: