What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (2 Viewers)

I thought he looked like crap. It looked to me like he was struggling in pass protection as well... like the speed of the game caught him off guard all over again.

As far as "showing flashes"... guys do that just as often on their way OUT as UP, so I wouldn't get too warm over that.
I think we came away with very different impressions of Peterson.

To me he looked explosive with power, speed and effort in his very limited opportunities with very few holes.
Dude's faced stacked fronts his whole career, but I can think of thirty (30) reasons why it's more of a problem now than it was in Fall 2013.
Please list all 30 for us.
Birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, and birthday.

His 1st 3 games of his near record setting 2012 season were:

17 for 84 yards

16 for 60 yards

25 for 86 yards

Less than 4 ypc. I'm certainly not predicting that kind of production, but I'm not convinced he's declining based on just 1 game.

Just pulling from memory, but his one game last year wasn't anything to write home about either. I don't know, maybe the guy just takes some time to get going.

Just pulling from memory, but his one game last year wasn't anything to write home about either. I don't know, maybe the guy just takes some time to get going.
He never touches the field in Preseason, so this could be legit...
Looking at the game logs in 2012-13 it looks like he doesn't get revved up until week 4. Of course he was a younger man back then, so we'll see. Nothing would make me happier than him being the washed up has-been some are making him out to be.

The game last year he had 21 attempts and the Vikes dominated in a 34-6 win. I think what got people watching that awful MNF game this week was the incompetent offense, Bridgewater's play and the gameplan which ignored AP, who got just 10 attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't play in preseason. Is now running from the shotgun vs. under center. Hasn't played in a year. Got 13 carries. Play calling was obviously designed to try to jump start Teddy and they failed to get any continuity at all generated.

Bet against him if you want but this isn't difficult to understand why he got off to a slow start.

I thought he looked like crap. It looked to me like he was struggling in pass protection as well... like the speed of the game caught him off guard all over again.

As far as "showing flashes"... guys do that just as often on their way OUT as UP, so I wouldn't get too warm over that.

To me he looked explosive with power, speed and effort in his very limited opportunities with very few holes.
Dude's faced stacked fronts his whole career, but I can think of thirty (30) reasons why it's more of a problem now than it was in Fall 2013.
Birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, birthday, and CAMEL RIDE!!!!

I think he was playing on the fact that he is now 30 years old.
I'm still waiting for to list all 30 reasons for us Dizzy. lol, but I know you won't come back in here.

He was talking about his 30 birthdays, genius.
Yes I know. It doesn't change how dumb of a post it was considering he is fresh from only playing one game last year and gained over 2000 yards a season after destroying his knee. He is not close to a typical 30 year old RB case.

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

ESPN's Ben Goessling reports there's "little doubt" Adrian Peterson (questionable, illness) will play Sunday.

Peterson was downgraded to questionable Saturday, but he's expected to play through his illness. His official status should be known early on Sunday. Peterson will be a high-end RB1 against the Lions if he plays.

Source: Ben Goessling on Twitter

Oct 24 - 7:09 PM

Rotoworld:

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Profootballtalk.com reports Adrian Peterson (illness) will be "good to go" Sunday against the Lions despite showing up as questionable on Saturday's injury report.

Mike Florio's report cites a "source with knowledge of the situation." Multiple Vikings beat reporters have also gone on record predicting Peterson will play. The concern may cause Peterson to go very low owned on DFS sites this week; he was already below ten percent in most Thursday tournaments. Peterson shredded this same Lions defense for nearly 200 total yards in Week 2.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Oct 24 - 11:32 PM

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates

Official:

Dion Lewis: Out

Adrian Peterson: In

Jeremy Maclin: Out

Brandon LaFell: In

It was a joke on Norv Truners part when they got off the plane. The reporters took the joke and ran with it. Story got completely blown out of proportion because Norv is a prankster.

Not saying Peterson doesn't chew or that chewing is a good thing for anyone. Just that wasn't the reason Peterson was feeling ill.

Supposedly the reason he was feeling ill is because he was eating some sea food which he knows he is allergic to, but he ate it anyways.

It was a joke on Norv Truners part when they got off the plane. The reporters took the joke and ran with it. Story got completely blown out of proportion because Norv is a prankster.

Not saying Peterson doesn't chew or that chewing is a good thing for anyone. Just that wasn't the reason Peterson was feeling ill.

Supposedly the reason he was feeling ill is because he was eating some sea food which he knows he is allergic to, but he ate it anyways.
Thanks for clarifying that. Still, eating something he knows he's allergic to? Dumb ###.

ETA: Norm making jokes. I like that part.

VandyManNerd may not realize that most of his sports heroes are doing a lot more that he might not approve of than chewing tobacco. It's so sad, I just can't watch. Maybe Skating with the Stars is more for you?

Pipe down troll. If a bigtime football player can't commit to not doing something that makes him sick for 17 weeks, that says something about his commitment to his profession and his team. It's selfish and dumb.

Pipe down troll. If a bigtime football player can't commit to not doing something that makes him sick for 17 weeks, that says something about his commitment to his profession and his team. It's selfish and dumb.
Horrible logic.
If Urkel here only could see what pro athletes do on their night's off, he might just boycott fantasy sports altogether.
Nobody cares about their personal lives unless they are putting their performance or team at risk. So, yeah, eating shellfish or whatever he's allergic to could have waited until the offseason.

Horrible logic.
If Urkel here only could see what pro athletes do on their night's off, he might just boycott fantasy sports altogether.
Nobody cares about their personal lives unless they are putting their performance or team at risk. So, yeah, eating shellfish or whatever he's allergic to could have waited until the offseason.
You are free not to care about players' personal lives, but many folks do, including the ones that employ them. Surely you've heard about the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Horrible logic.
You are free not to care about players' personal lives, but many folks do, including the ones that employ them. Surely you've heard about the NFL's personal conduct policy.
I doubt the personal conduct policy covers shellfish but, yes, the team (and FFers) do care if he made the conscious decision to do something that could make him sick during game week. This specific incident is minor, and I don't want to make a mountain of a molehill, but decisions like this are part of the big picture with him, imo.

Can we honestly stop the childish bull####. This thread is should be bumped with news or notes about AP. Who really gives a #### why he got sick last week?

:lmao:

This talk about a guy not caring about his team. This is the same guy who worked his way back from ACL surgery months ahead of schedule and then proceeded to run for the second highest rushing total in the history of the NFL? Is it possible we can fit that into the big picture?

FWIW Peterson did play against the Lions despite feeling a little sick from eating seafood. He had 19 carries for 98 yards 3 receptions for 12 yards. Perhaps he would have broken 110 total yards in this game if he hadn't enjoyed himself eating food that he loves? The allergy seems to be something that did not greatly affect his performance. Peterson has played through much worse.

Peterson had a smile on his face talking about how aggressive the Rams defense is, saying that hopefully that does not come back to bite them *wink.

Should be a fun game to watch and I think Peterson rises to the occasion.

Can we talk about how he looks flat out awful on about 90% of his runs? It's amazing to me that he keeps on ripping off a long run almost every game which definitely masks the odor of most of his production.

I'm not trying to cherry pick stats here, but I read that he has the largest %age of runs of < 2yds (can't remember where I saw the stat the past week or so, I did some searching and couldn't find). I think his decline has already started, though its still masked by volume.

Can we talk about how he looks flat out awful on about 90% of his runs? It's amazing to me that he keeps on ripping off a long run almost every game which definitely masks the odor of most of his production.

I'm not trying to cherry pick stats here, but I read that he has the largest %age of runs of < 2yds (can't remember where I saw the stat the past week or so, I did some searching and couldn't find). I think his decline has already started, though its still masked by volume.
Sure. The offensive line has not been playing well until the most recent game against the Bears. Part of that is because they played against Denver (very good defense) and KC who effectively run blitzed and caused a lot of tackles for loss because the offensive line isn't good enough. The Vikings have had some success in the passing game and the Bears do not have the personnel on defense to apply pressure and run blitz the way that Denver and KC can. Against the Bears Peterson did not have many long runs but instead consistently got good yardage running in the middle.

Peterson has converted many 1st downs as well. Some of the low yardage runs have been when the Vikings only needed one or two yards to get the 1st down. The offensive line has not been good enough to create any push in goal line situations.

Peterson in interview that I linked above he says himself that he has been stopping his feet when he doesn't see a hole right away. That he didn't used to do that. Some times he said he was trying to make a big play, which when you are facing 8 defenders in the box is hard to do. He says he needs to keep his feet moving and keep his power ahead of him, something he can't do if he stops his feet.

Strangely Peterson being away from the game for almost a season has him kind of starting over on a lot of things he has developed over the years. He still suck in pass protection which is strange to me. I remember being critical of former Vikings coaches for not using him in the passing game more early in his career. But Chester Taylor was much better at this aspect of the game than Peterson and I am not sure the coaches really tried to develop Peterson as a receiver. That development is on him as well, and he has stated this was a goal of his, to become a better all around RB and football player like Walter Payton was, yet it still hasn't happened.

To the current coaches credit they gave Peterson the opportunity to be more involved in the passing game. But after Peterson failed multiple pass protections over the first few games they made a change and have had Matt Asiata on 3rd downs since.

The new boss is the same as the old boss. Obviously it would be an advantage to have Peterson in the game on 3rd downs if he were good enough at it. He isn't and the coaches adapt to what the players can do or not do. Even with players as good as Peterson.

Users who are viewing this thread