What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adrian Peterson Status Updates (3 Viewers)

Adrian Peterson is seeking a second opinion on his strained shoulder but expects to suit up for Week 6.

We wouldn't take Peterson's word for it. Players are notoriously optimistic about their injuries, and Peterson is a 33-year-old who could not finish Monday night's loss. He has a short week to get cleared to face the Panthers. If AD does play, he will be a borderline RB2.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Oct 9 - 3:25 PM

Adrian Peterson rushed 17 times for 97 yards in the Redskins' Week 6 win over the Panthers.

Peterson failed to corral his lone target in the passing game. Although he was playing through knee, ankle and shoulder issues, Peterson looked no worse for the wear, routinely pushing the pile in a knock down, drag out game. Peterson's YPC is now up to 4.40. Provided he avoided setbacks with his various ailments, Peterson will be a low-end RB2 for next week's game with the Cowboys.

Oct 14 - 4:14 PM

Adrian Peterson handled a team-high 24 carries for 99 yards in Washington's Week 7 victory over the Cowboys.

Peterson again led Washington's backfield in carries by a healthy margin without Chris Thompson available for the second consecutive week. All Day out-carried third-down back Kapri Bibbs 24-2 on Sunday, now having out-carried the latter 41-4 in the Redskins' last two games. He's bulldozed his way to 196 yards (4.78 YPC) in that span, too. If Thompson remains out in Week 8 against the Giants, Peterson will again be a clear-cut usage-based RB2.

Oct 21 - 8:36 PM

He had a couple of nice plays called back on penalties. Plus Vernon Davis bumbled his way in front of a clear lane for a td to prevent him from scoring. I'm surprised that he's doing this much with all of his injuries. 

Would love to get him in my lineup but it's tough with DJ, Conner, Chubb and Hyde as well as Hill and M.Thomas, i've only managed to flex in AP once and that was that crappy week 2 against the Colts. Trust him and want to start him, can't seem to find the room. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
are the giants goin' to tank ala chuckie for a qb?  apple, (snacks?), etc?
Well, not fully. Teams don't tank. They can't even let the players know or they'll walk off the job and file a grievance. They're "evaluating," making "personnel decisions," and  "clearing cap space." It's not hard to ask one's self about it. 

Giants decided to trade their best run stopper today. It's a good day to have rostered Peterson, one would think.  
Thing is when teams see they're being shaved off by management they quit. There's a sort of muddled mishmash where lower tier players play hard and are given shots at starting and playing time to see what they have while vets get apathetic and sit or don't finish out plays. I could see that happening in Oakland especially but also NYG and maybe ARI. So good matchups will be born.

Thing is when teams see they're being shaved off by management they quit. There's a sort of muddled mishmash where lower tier players play hard and are given shots at starting and playing time to see what they have while vets get apathetic and sit or don't finish out plays. I could see that happening in Oakland especially but also NYG and maybe ARI. So good matchups will be born.
Somebody cautioned me on that today. I think you're right. I went into the Skins thread and said this and almost got thrown out on my ear, in a nice way, of course. But yeah, I guess. But would you rather have Peterson against Snacks or no, all things constant? 

But nothing is constant. Ceteris paribus is a fallacy, and we know it. So don't rest easy AP owners, but realize your situation and judge how ripe it is for your team's situation. Thanks, SID.  

Love having him as a bye week guy, has been a great spot start when I need it this year and fun to watch. He is that entire offense right now and they know it. 

Adrian Peterson rushed 26 times for 149 yards and a touchdown and caught a seven-yard score in Washington's Week 8 win over the Giants.

Peterson got the scoring started with a 7-yard receiving TD, then landed a game-clinching haymaker on his 64-yard breakdaway touchdown. Peterson has now tied Barry Sanders for the most 50-plus-yard rushing TDs in league history (15). Even at age 33, Peterson has settled in as the centerpiece of Washington's offense. He will be a legitimate RB1 play in Week 9 against the Falcons.

Oct 28 - 4:41 PM

Basically won me the week with Melvin Gordon on the BYE. 

Back to the bench, Chubby...ADP is locked in. 
Didn't have the stones to put him in over D.Johnson and it almost cost me my week. In this week, hope I don't jinx him again, only other time I started him this year, he pooped the bed against the Colts.

It really is amazing that despite his age, and a depleted offensive line, and a QB that hasn't shown he can beat you downfield since coming to Washington that he's putting up these kind of numbers. I think its a great sign for Guice owners for the future. 

33 years old and just had his career long TD run...90 yards and outran the whole D. Freak. 
Frank Gore is 35 and a half years old, and averaging 4.4 ypc on 139 attempts. He doesn't have AP's speed, but his lateral quickness and vision between the tackles is still very good. What are these older guys doing? 

Frank Gore is 35 and a half years old, and averaging 4.4 ypc on 139 attempts. He doesn't have AP's speed, but his lateral quickness and vision between the tackles is still very good. What are these older guys doing? 

Being generational talents that even ACL tears (and in Gore's case even more similarly bad injuries) can't slow down. These guys were both special and still have enough juice to hang, and enough passion for the game to do it at their age. It's impressive as hell. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to think he may get another shot with Washington next year - all their OL will be healthy, and with Guice having complications with his surgeries, they will literally be in the same boat they were beginning of the year.

When the OL was healthy and they had a QB that was keeping defenses honest AP was a pretty good play.

Will have to see how things shake out, but I do think he plays next year. 

Anyone think Josh Johnson opens up some lanes for ADP?  The 3rd string QB seems much more mobile and Athletic as opposed to Smith/McCoy/Sanchez

Anyone think Josh Johnson opens up some lanes for ADP?  The 3rd string QB seems much more mobile and Athletic as opposed to Smith/McCoy/Sanchez

It's possible. I certainly wouldn't bet my fantasy season on it in week 15 though, most of the team has quit on Gruden.

Adrian Peterson - RB -  Redskins

Adrian Peterson rushed 26 times for 119 yards in Washington's Week 16 failed comeback against the Titans.

Peterson eclipsed the 1,000-yard plateau for the first time since 2,015, and the eighth time in his illustrious 13-year career. He joined Frank Gore (a future first-ballot Hall of Famer) and current HoFers John Riggins, Franco Harris, and John Henry Johnson as the only players to reach 1k at the ripe age of 33 or older. Washington could potentially be motivated to eliminate the divisional foe Eagles from playoff contention in Week 17, so Peterson will likely receive the chance to pad his numbers in the team's final regular season game.

Dec 22 - 7:20 PM

Users who are viewing this thread