What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Waiver Wire Watch List (1 Viewer)

Stockpiling all RBs could pay off big this year. I'm getting lots of trade offers for guys like Bush, Jennings and Stacy.

Taliferro and Brown would be at the top of my list simply due to their immediate opportunities. But, I wouldn't burn a #1 waiver priority for either of them unless I had nothing else.

So am I nuts to pickup Ravens FB Kyle Juszcyk for bye week RB filler? Sounds like he's going to be used as HBack to pick up slack for Pitta.

SproutDaddy said:
Darrin Reaves-RB- Carolina

He and Tolbert are the last men standing. Rivera said it's time for Reaves to "oil it up and play some football"

There's a seperate thread on the guy if you want to do more research. I realize Carolina looked bad, but worth a flier if Stewart and Williams sit.
Why on earth would anyone want to pick up any Carolina RB?
2 words:

Fozzy Whitaker

So am I nuts to pickup Ravens FB Kyle Juszcyk for bye week RB filler? Sounds like he's going to be used as HBack to pick up slack for Pitta.
Very Deep leagues, not a bad move, won't get many carries but some receptions. Guess Kubiak lined him out wide like they did with James Casey and he was startable for a bit...

Also for deeper leagues, sounds like there's a chance that Denard Robinson could see the ball more.

SproutDaddy said:

He and Tolbert are the last men standing. Rivera said it's time for Reaves to "oil it up and play some football"

There's a seperate thread on the guy if you want to do more research. I realize Carolina looked bad, but worth a flier if Stewart and Williams sit.
2 words:

Fozzy Whitaker
is hurt too

Blue

Taliaferro

Crowell

Oliver

Reaves

Trade for, get for peanuts maybe:

Gerhart

Pierce

Deangelo Williams

This is truly for the RB desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to make anyone pass on Denard Robinson - but with Bortles in the backfield, I expect they will rely more the other guy (who's name I can't remember as he was never on my radar) to help out Bortles. I would expect this would delay the arrival of Robinson by a few weeks.

SproutDaddy said:

2 words:

Fozzy Whitaker
is hurt too
D.W has no competition for carries...thats why

How about Legarrette Blount? Looks like they are finding a groove in the run game and could be a good bye week filler.

How about Legarrette Blount? Looks like they are finding a groove in the run game and could be a good bye week filler.
I wouldn't feel safe starting him unless u can predict a blow out or an injury.
For the RB hungry with injuries and byes maybe, like my situation. They play Tampa and that team has looked god awful. Always a possibility Tampa brings it, but I like Blounts chances...

SproutDaddy said:

2 words:

Fozzy Whitaker
hes hurt

I love allen robinson ... I have Dthomas, fitz,Quick on bye and it may be a good thing the way Fitz has been playing and Dthomas... A.rob looked great first game starting 7-79 on 10 targets.. I could see 7-100-1 this week vs SD.

Not trying to make anyone pass on Denard Robinson - but with Bortles in the backfield, I expect they will rely more the other guy (who's name I can't remember as he was never on my radar) to help out Bortles. I would expect this would delay the arrival of Robinson by a few weeks.
John Oehser the Jags in-house writer tweeted

Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said Denard Robinson will continue to get more reps at running back. Earning them.

1:22 PM - 22 Sep 2014

John Oehser the Jags in-house writer tweeted

Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said Denard Robinson will continue to get more reps at running back. Earning them.

1:22 PM - 22 Sep 2014
Gerhart's not healthy and not a stud to begin with. Makes sense. Plus the OL is deplorable.

CMU, you're dreaming. Bostick (GBs pass catching TE replacement for Finley) should be back today. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Adams to go off, but Bostick is the play if he's back. Bostick is a former basketball player that GB was very high on last year. He looked very good this preseason, but has been injured.
I'm dreaming to think the #3 Packers WR has fantasy value and should be on rosters? Seriously? :shrug:
How'd that work out for you? I was off on the name, but right on the position. TE is integral to the Packers offense. Quarless, Bostick or even Richard Rodgers...TE is the 3rd WR for the Pack.

I also think Bortles could put up sneaky Jon Kitna stat lines rest of the way...300 yds 2-3td, 2int and maybe sneak some qb hungry teams into the playoffs...12-14 team leagues plus?
Just FYI....what you just described -- a rookie quarterback throwing for 300 yards and 3 TDs -- has only happened 30 times in the history of the NFL.

And if you take a closer look, you'll see that at least 10 of those guys weren't true "rookies" (Jim Kelly, Jeff Garcia, etc.), so in reality it has only happened about 20 times. And never twice by the same player.

Keep flip-flopping between Hurns and Robinson. Robinson has the targets, but Hurns reminds me of when Antonio Brown played opposite Mike Wallace. Brown was very boom/bust when he started, but he was a guy that created separation often.

Must avoid chasing fool's gold.
Don't forget that Brown did almost nothing as a rookie.

SproutDaddy said:

Because they don't have jack crap at RB and it's possible there is only really one CAR RB this week.

Hell, I've had DeAngelo on my roster in one league for a week or two now and I was going to start him last week if he played, and will start him this week assuming he plays. I lost my starting RB's, who I had been trotting out since week one, simultaneously last week (Ingram, Mathews), and while I had Bradshaw waiting the next best waiver option would be Starks, Andre Williams, Freeman, Helu, etc. (I picked up Tolbert last week in case DWill didn't start, so I ended up starting Tolbert, I still won, the rest of my team is okay, just really crappy at RB with mathews and Ingram out at the same time)

I'm sure there are other people out there in similar situations.

Which is why people are discussing DeAngelo Williams this week. If he starts and is the primary ball carrier for his team, he is relevant to some of us.

will be interesting to see how many carries Oliver gets this week for the Chargers as they just signed Ruben Droughns this week which may limit Oliver's upside in future weeks

Captain Hook said:
will be interesting to see how many carries Oliver gets this week for the Chargers as they just signed Ruben Droughns this week which may limit Oliver's upside in future weeks
Shane Draughn

I'm absolutely desperate at RB in a very deep league. Which of these is the better Week 4 plug and play: Antone Brown (ATL), Brandon Oliver (SD), Darrin Reaves (CAR) or another RB of your choosing?

Joseph Fauria - TE - Lions
Joseph Fauria injured his ankle at home Wednesday night and is headed for an MRI.
Fauria's status for Week 4 appears murky. If he can't go, No. 3 tight end Eric Ebron would finally have a sizable role. So far, the rookie has earned just 69 snaps through three weeks.
Related: Eric Ebron

Source: Mike Rothstein on Twitter
Sep 25 - 12:58 PM
Add Ebron? Dynasty or deep re-draft.

(RotoWire)Holmes is expected to move into a starting role with Rod Streater (foot) out 4-5 weeks, ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: Coach Dennis Allen said bluntly that Holmes "will be the guy" to replace Streater, though he mentioned Vincent Brown and Brice Butler as candidates for increased roles as well. It's worth noting that Allen did not mention Denarius Moore, who has hauled in just eight of 20 targets for 60 yards so far this season. The 6-foot-4 Holmes will make for an intriguing speculative add in deeper leagues, because while he racked up just 29 yards in last Sunday's loss to the Patriots, those yards came on a beautiful catch along the sidelines, and he also drew a pass interference penalty. Although Holmes did not catch a pass last season until Week 11, he still tied for the team lead with 10 receptions of 20-plus yards, and his size will likely make him a top candidate for red zone looks.

Last week Pierce and Foster were sort of surprise inactives, or maybe not so surprising for those paying attention...

Anyone like that this week? Any RBs missing practice?

jonboltz said:
(RotoWire)Holmes is expected to move into a starting role with Rod Streater (foot) out 4-5 weeks, ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: Coach Dennis Allen said bluntly that Holmes "will be the guy" to replace Streater, though he mentioned Vincent Brown and Brice Butler as candidates for increased roles as well. It's worth noting that Allen did not mention Denarius Moore, who has hauled in just eight of 20 targets for 60 yards so far this season. The 6-foot-4 Holmes will make for an intriguing speculative add in deeper leagues, because while he racked up just 29 yards in last Sunday's loss to the Patriots, those yards came on a beautiful catch along the sidelines, and he also drew a pass interference penalty. Although Holmes did not catch a pass last season until Week 11, he still tied for the team lead with 10 receptions of 20-plus yards, and his size will likely make him a top candidate for red zone looks.
Interesting... any homers in NoCal care to weigh in on Holmes?

jonboltz said:

Remember how the Raiders were actually in it til the end against the Pats, and then Carr threw that pass and it bounced in and out of the hands of a receiver and turned into an INT? And remember now Carr (rightfully) lost his #### cuz the WR tried to run before having the ball in his hands, with the game on the line?That WR was Holmes. I just don't trust him, personally (or any RaidersWR, really...maybe James Jones only). I'm rooting for Butler, personally. But that's in real football. In fantasy football, they're all an AVOID imo.

jonboltz said:

Remember how the Raiders were actually in it til the end against the Pats, and then Carr threw that pass and it bounced in and out of the hands of a receiver and turned into an INT? And remember now Carr (rightfully) lost his #### cuz the WR tried to run before having the ball in his hands, with the game on the line?That WR was Holmes. I just don't trust him, personally (or any RaidersWR, really...maybe James Jones only). I'm rooting for Butler, personally. But that's in real football. In fantasy football, they're all an AVOID imo.
I thought that was D. Moore where the ball hit off his chest and into Wilfork's diving hands. :shrug:

jonboltz said:
(RotoWire)Holmes is expected to move into a starting role with Rod Streater (foot) out 4-5 weeks, ESPN.com reports.Analysis: Coach Dennis Allen said bluntly that Holmes "will be the guy" to replace Streater, though he mentioned Vincent Brown and Brice Butler as candidates for increased roles as well. It's worth noting that Allen did not mention Denarius Moore, who has hauled in just eight of 20 targets for 60 yards so far this season. The 6-foot-4 Holmes will make for an intriguing speculative add in deeper leagues, because while he racked up just 29 yards in last Sunday's loss to the Patriots, those yards came on a beautiful catch along the sidelines, and he also drew a pass interference penalty. Although Holmes did not catch a pass last season until Week 11, he still tied for the team lead with 10 receptions of 20-plus yards, and his size will likely make him a top candidate for red zone looks.
I thought that was D. Moore where the ball hit off his chest and into Wilfork's diving hands. :shrug:
Ha! All that build up in my post and I thought I saw #18 on the jersey instead of #17. Been holding a grudge against Holmes all week. I owe that man an apology.

Move along. Nothing to see here...

jonboltz said:

It's NorCal

I also think Bortles could put up sneaky Jon Kitna stat lines rest of the way...300 yds 2-3td, 2int and maybe sneak some qb hungry teams into the playoffs...12-14 team leagues plus?
Just FYI....what you just described -- a rookie quarterback throwing for 300 yards and 3 TDs -- has only happened 30 times in the history of the NFL.

And if you take a closer look, you'll see that at least 10 of those guys weren't true "rookies" (Jim Kelly, Jeff Garcia, etc.), so in reality it has only happened about 20 times. And never twice by the same player.
Good stat. Also a bit misleading. The NFL passing game is different now.

Of those 20 (true) rookie QBs to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in the entire history of the NFL - 9 of them reached that mark in 2002 or later. Almost half.

I'm not saying I agree with the Bortles statement that's quoted above, but it's a lot more likely a rookie QB hits that 300/3 mark in the current NFL.

(RotoWire)Holmes is expected to move into a starting role with Rod Streater (foot) out 4-5 weeks, ESPN.com reports.Analysis: Coach Dennis Allen said bluntly that Holmes "will be the guy" to replace Streater, though he mentioned Vincent Brown and Brice Butler as candidates for increased roles as well. It's worth noting that Allen did not mention Denarius Moore, who has hauled in just eight of 20 targets for 60 yards so far this season. The 6-foot-4 Holmes will make for an intriguing speculative add in deeper leagues, because while he racked up just 29 yards in last Sunday's loss to the Patriots, those yards came on a beautiful catch along the sidelines, and he also drew a pass interference penalty. Although Holmes did not catch a pass last season until Week 11, he still tied for the team lead with 10 receptions of 20-plus yards, and his size will likely make him a top candidate for red zone looks.
Ha! All that build up in my post and I thought I saw #18 on the jersey instead of #17. Been holding a grudge against Holmes all week. I owe that man an apology.

Nonetheless interesting. Oakland should be a bed of potential WR value with no run game, but there's no talent there. If Carr and the coaches were smart I would think they make heavy use of JJ and the TEs.

Nonetheless interesting. Oakland should be a bed of potential WR value with no run game, but there's no talent there. If Carr and the coaches were smart I would think they make heavy use of JJ and the TEs.
I got all excited when Carr stepped in during preseason and him and Moore connected on a few passes, one being a touchdown. Ever since, Moore has been atrocious despite averaging something like 7-8 targets weekly. The talent and opportunity has been there for him but Moore's head isn't in it.

Good stat. Also a bit misleading. The NFL passing game is different now.

Of those 20 (true) rookie QBs to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in the entire history of the NFL - 9 of them reached that mark in 2002 or later. Almost half.

I'm not saying I agree with the Bortles statement that's quoted above, but it's a lot more likely a rookie QB hits that 300/3 mark in the current NFL.
That's a fair point, but I still don't like Bortles' odds. Since 2002, first-year quarterbacks have thrown at least 20 passes 542 times. Of those players, 45 of them threw for 300 yards; 22 of them of them threw for 3 TDs.

Users who are viewing this thread