What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (1 Viewer)

jtd13 said:
That's... Not good. If true, why the hell didn't she report when it was child abuse over wetting the bed?

ETA- not saying it's not true, I just have no idea why you wouldn't report that.
Money

@CharlesRobinson: Updating the LeSean McCoy story, the Milton Police Department in Georgia is still preparing a police report on the alleged incident. Extremely early in the process of investigation. Department has already been contacted by #NFL and #Bills.

Zeke last season, McCoy this season.  It'll be interesting the way this goes if they are able to prove that McCoy was in Florida last night (still there today) and this happened at her Georgia home (his home) All while she is being taken to court for not leaving.  Will come down to proving if McCoy sent goons over there to rough her up. Although it seems to be a slam dunk court case on his end to get her to leave his home.

There's really only 3 possible scenarios here, right?

1) McCoy had a bunch of guys go beat the crap out of her to get her to leave or as payback

2) Some other random guys broke in and beat the crap out of her and robbed her or

3) She is somehow faking it either by somehow faking the injuries or by having someone else beat the crap out of her

2 seems unlikely. If it's 3, she is a total nutjob. 1 seems most likely just rationally, but 3 and less likely 2 still in the realm of possibility.

Whichever one is true, someone is a scumbag and belongs in prison. I would imagine that phone records will be very illuminating one way or the other.

There's really only 3 possible scenarios here, right?

1) McCoy had a bunch of guys go beat the crap out of her to get her to leave or as payback

2) Some other random guys broke in and beat the crap out of her and robbed her or

3) She is somehow faking it either by somehow faking the injuries or by having someone else beat the crap out of her

2 seems unlikely. If it's 3, she is a total nutjob. 1 seems most likely just rationally, but 3 and less likely 2 still in the realm of possibility.

Whichever one is true, someone is a scumbag and belongs in prison. I would imagine that phone records will be very illuminating one way or the other.
1b - McCoy sent dudes over there without explicit instructions to hurt her but things go heated and they went overboard.

With perfect timing the day she gets back from her Europe vacation days prior to her court eviction?
Hell if I know...just too early to think the rational choice is Shady sent some guys (with also perfect timing for coming back on trip and eviction) to beat her ###.  Not going to rule it out, just not willing to put a bet on it either. 

4) She invited over some other guy she knows who beat and/or robbed her.
Exactly, would find it very hard to prove that he sent guys to specifically hurt her unless one of the guys rats him out. Without texts etc.  He could have sent people to get her out of the house and that's when things went badly.  Either way, obviously not a good look.  I just hope one of these times the guy is innocent and justice is served to someone trying to set them up.

Let's review the evidence that we have:

1.  A woman was severely beaten.

2.  A friend of hers immediately claims it was LeSean McCoy in a post and adds additional general allegations of misconduct.  Her allegations appear to be second hand accounting as opposed to an eye witness.

3.  The victim was facing eviction from LeSean McCoy's house.

4.  McCoy appears to have been using the legal system to bring about the eviction and had already had her belongings removed from the house and the power turned off while she was away from the house on vacation.

5.  McCoy claims that he had security cameras at the house but that the victim removed them.

6.  The victim's lawyer is arguing that the eviction notice was not properly served because it was given to her 16 year old son, and not the victim.

7.  The victim had been living in the house for at least 5 months rent free.

8.  Police are investigating the incident, but have not reported making any arrests so far.

(.  A google search for "LeSean McCoy misconduct" returns the current incident and a bar fight incident in 2016 with off-duty police officers.  No charges or NFL reaction to the 2016 incident.

Am I missing anything?

Of the options discussed above, the idea that McCoy intentionally sent others to do violence seems to be as far fetched as the conspiracy theory that she had herself beaten up.  McCoy seems to be making responsible decisions (security cameras, retaining a lawyer rather than self-evicting, waiting until she would be away from the house before having her things removed).  There does not seem to be any info to justify a sudden change to using violence and more importantly, to do so in such an obvious and foolish manner after a pattern of more responsible behavior.

Assuming one thinks the worst of McCoy's character, to believe the first option you have to think that he somehow stayed under the radar for almost a decade in the public fishbowl, but then he suddenly does something so obvious and foolish.  After all these years in the league he knows exactly how much he stands to lose... which is why he was using the legal system instead of just physically forcing her out 5 months ago.

I find option 1C much more likely.  Some less intelligent, less worldly associates of McCoy, without his direct knowledge or consent, in order to gain favor decided to teach her a lesson and invoked his name in the process.

Let's review the evidence that we have:

1.  A woman was severely beaten.

2.  A friend of hers immediately claims it was LeSean McCoy in a post and adds additional general allegations of misconduct.  Her allegations appear to be second hand accounting as opposed to an eye witness.

3.  The victim was facing eviction from LeSean McCoy's house.

4.  McCoy appears to have been using the legal system to bring about the eviction and had already had her belongings removed from the house and the power turned off while she was away from the house on vacation.

5.  McCoy claims that he had security cameras at the house but that the victim removed them.

6.  The victim's lawyer is arguing that the eviction notice was not properly served because it was given to her 16 year old son, and not the victim.

7.  The victim had been living in the house for at least 5 months rent free.

8.  Police are investigating the incident, but have not reported making any arrests so far.

(.  A google search for "LeSean McCoy misconduct" returns the current incident and a bar fight incident in 2016 with off-duty police officers.  No charges or NFL reaction to the 2016 incident.

Am I missing anything?

Of the options discussed above, the idea that McCoy intentionally sent others to do violence seems to be as far fetched as the conspiracy theory that she had herself beaten up.  McCoy seems to be making responsible decisions (security cameras, retaining a lawyer rather than self-evicting, waiting until she would be away from the house before having her things removed).  There does not seem to be any info to justify a sudden change to using violence and more importantly, to do so in such an obvious and foolish manner after a pattern of more responsible behavior.

Assuming one thinks the worst of McCoy's character, to believe the first option you have to think that he somehow stayed under the radar for almost a decade in the public fishbowl, but then he suddenly does something so obvious and foolish.  After all these years in the league he knows exactly how much he stands to lose... which is why he was using the legal system instead of just physically forcing her out 5 months ago.

I find option 1C much more likely.  Some less intelligent, less worldly associates of McCoy, without his direct knowledge or consent, in order to gain favor decided to teach her a lesson and invoked his name in the process.
Agree with 1C  Someone probably mentioned his name while they were there, If not, she knows they are in McCoy's crew.  The camera's and phone records will be vital.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1016778209743040514?s=19

So far the police are saying that they were called out to a home invasion and found 2 victims. The victims reported that the invasion was targeted and that the assailants demanded specific items.

That's really not good for McCoy. The fact that the assailants were demanding specific items seems like it was indeed guys connected to McCoy going to take back stuff he believed belonged to him.

If that's what happened, it's totally insane for him to have done that with court being the next day. If he thought he had any shot in court, letting the court take care of it rather than sending his boys to take it the night before makes infinitely more sense.

I find option 1C much more likely.  Some less intelligent, less worldly associates of McCoy, without his direct knowledge or consent, in order to gain favor decided to teach her a lesson and invoked his name in the process
Great summation.  This seems plausible and on that note something in his denial letter stuck out to me the first time I read it.  I'm referencing the part where he specified "no direct contact" instead of just "no contact". If option 1C or 3 is accurate I get why his denial letter would be that specific.

Great summation.  This seems plausible and on that note something in his denial letter stuck out to me the first time I read it.  I'm referencing the part where he specified "no direct contact" instead of just "no contact". If option 1C or 3 is accurate I get why his denial letter would be that specific.
To me that was ran by his attorney and had to say no direct contact, instead of no contact, since they are going through lawyers and legal system to evict her.

I think the most likely thing is some thugs found out that was Lesean McCoys house (thinking it was his home) and went to rob it. The victims friends doesn’t like McCoy, which is reasonable since he’s evicting her friend, and blame McCoy for the incident. Assuming that the invaders thought it was McCoys home then would be demanding his things. Frustrated with the half empty house, the get angry when she says he doesn’t live there. As for why they chose that day, she was probably talking about lots on the phone about all the stuff that was going on with the eviction, court date, etc. No to mention general negative things about him.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1016778209743040514?s=19

So far the police are saying that they were called out to a home invasion and found 2 victims. The victims reported that the invasion was targeted and that the assailants demanded specific items.

That's really not good for McCoy. The fact that the assailants were demanding specific items seems like it was indeed guys connected to McCoy going to take back stuff he believed belonged to him.

If that's what happened, it's totally insane for him to have done that with court being the next day. If he thought he had any shot in court, letting the court take care of it rather than sending his boys to take it the night before makes infinitely more sense.
Specific demands and evidence of targeting will not play well for McCoy.  The timing of this makes it likely that it was somehow tied to the court proceedings, and not some random act.  It kind of smacks of OJ breaking in and demanding memorabilia that is "rightfully his", for which he went to prison.  Legal self-help does not end well for the assailants, especially when people get hurt.  Of course, it's too early to know for sure what happened, and more evidence collection is needed.

Specific demands and evidence of targeting will not play well for McCoy.  The timing of this makes it likely that it was somehow tied to the court proceedings, and not some random act.  It kind of smacks of OJ breaking in and demanding memorabilia that is "rightfully his", for which he went to prison.  Legal self-help does not end well for the assailants, especially when people get hurt.  Of course, it's too early to know for sure what happened, and more evidence collection is needed.
Why would he risk this situation when it looked to have been on its way to being resolved legally?

Seems like a weird situation.  If he is innocent but actually knows the people that did it, the NFL would probably still suspend him (right or wrong).  

If he did it, he goes to prison.

Not even sure there in an in between, unless of course he has no involvement at all. 

Something like this could legitimately go through court for over a year before an outcome.  Here comes the NFL to step in and not care about the legal system.  They ARE the system. :suds:

OJ is an excellent comparison.  OJ never tried the legal process and jumped right to demanding things under threat of force.  OJ was emboldened by beating the system earlier/

It seems a break for McCoy to spend all that money in legal fees only to shift gears right before the hearing and do something so incredibly stupid.  Note that most items had already been removed from the house when he knew she would not be there.

I just thought of option 1D that also seems like a possibility.

McCoy owed a debt to some less than stellar characters and told them that the victim had the promised merchandise/payment.

I thought the same thing. Odd wording unless he has had phone/text contact which could explain his choice of words 

Since you all have some speculative views posted...  How about the new gal was over and when the words started to get heated? Perhaps she wasn't held back by another man so much and landed a few shots  Some may even care to say HE did this meaning that (McCoy) was the cause

We already have heard Football players use steroids and are rather strict when it comes to parenting

since we are just making up scenarios...

victim and her friend are having a hot and heavy night. a group of men walk by the house and hear her through an open window. she says to them, if you can find a way in, you can watch. she forgot she didn't lock the door. so the men walk right in. before letting them watch she invites them first to have some of the blue crystal she just got from Heisenberg. they try a bump, but it turns out one of the men is Tuco Salamanca. He goes into one of his crazed rages and just starts beating her for not allowing them to watch. as hes beating her he gets an email from someone in his dynasty football league on a trade. he says the guy is making pretty heavy demands for McCoy. He declines the trade and walks out of the home. 

Mike Garafolo had an interesting take on this. McCoy was seen by people in MIA at practice at 7AM this morning so to get from the location at the time of the incident to practice is not feasible. However the info after this is interesting, McCoy and the girl who was attacked were in an on again off again relationship and were prior engaged. McCoy had apparently been trying to evict her from his property. The Police report said The McCoy property was SPECIFICALLY TARGETED AS WELL AS SPECIFIC ITEMS ASKED FOR. At the time of the report he said the Police did not accusse McCoy of anything but McCoy could be in serious trouble if he is involved. He basically inferred without even saying it Shady could've hired someone for the "Hit" and to potentially scare her off the property. This isn't out of the question. I had a co worker in a domestic violence case where a BF did this to her despite the house she was in the mortgage was under her name. The guy was dumb enough to leave traces of evidence that he paid someone off. Well not as much traces but both were in the Pagans and the dude he hired basically turned on them after he was caught for something else. Either way Shady hiring someone here isn't out of the question. I have a friend who's in the PPD was transferred to the district that Shady's issues with the off duty cops were. Shady got off despite ample evidence against him and his posse. There's belief the DA was paid off in some way being a huge Football fan. A running joke in the department became the DA had Shady on his Keeper/Dynasty team. 

I've also heard some pretty messed up stories about the guy. The dude is a complete scumbag no matter if these allegations are true or not doesn't make him any less one. He refused to pay his baby momma child support, had a body guard throw a women off his party bus up in NYC, beat up off duty cops etc. I have a co worker who's son works for the Eagles as an assistant coach and he's heard some messed up stuff about the guy contrary to popular belief Shady was a big favorite in locker room before the Eagles traded him. On the field he was liked but personally behind the scenes many hated him. I for hope the allegations are true in the sense I think it makes women look awful if this girl was only doing this for money. It's why many fans don't take these things as seriously as they should do to the scumbag women out there targeting these guys for money. The specific items and such doesn't play well for McCoy. With a court date the next day this sounds like some mafia level type stuff to scare a witness type thing or get the case out of court and just have her leave. It's fairly possible some of Shady's crew did this to gain favor without his knowledge but considering what I've heard about Shady in the past wouldn't put it past him he told his boys to give her a scare and help his chances. 

This thing makes no sense.

A man with any common sense would've just let the legal system play itself out. Probably took 3 months to get a court date. Why ef it up the day before?

and if he was willing to do something above the law, would've been smarter of him to change the locks on the doors while she was out of country ... not send a goon in the day she got back.

This strikes me more of a desperate woman, about to face a judge that is going to evict her..

The photo, not cleaned up, still with blood and mess, .... and the friends tweet about his other alleged mistreatment of people / animal. Sure seems concocted and thought out.

If it was her doing, hard to imagine her "guy" doing such a tune on her ... but how desperate was she to stay in that house?

I don't think McCoy will ever play again ... and if it was all her, is a shame.

A man with any common sense would've just let the legal system play itself out. Probably took 3 months to get a court date. Why ef it up the day before?

and if he was willing to do something above the law, would've been smarter of him to change the locks on the doors while she was out of country ... not send a goon in the day she got back.

This strikes me more of a desperate woman, about to face a judge that is going to evict her..

The photo, not cleaned up, still with blood and mess, .... and the friends tweet about his other alleged mistreatment of people / animal. Sure seems concocted and thought out.

If it was her doing, hard to imagine her "guy" doing such a tune on her ... but how desperate was she to stay in that house?

you're first error was assuming a professional athlete has common sense

you're first error was assuming a professional athlete has common sense
The more that I think about it, the more this looks like a setup by her.

If you friend was beaten to this extent, wouldn't your first reaction be to get her to the hospital? ... or at least put some ice in a towel an tend to the blood and such?

Nope ... her friend (who was also assaulted?) has her pose for photos. How exactly does that go down? 

"hold still while I take a photo. No, no, don't touch your face. Don't want to disturb the blood trails." ... "now turn to the left ... oh that's a good one."

I'm looking forward to hearing the truth. Unfortunately it likely wont come out for months or years as we wait for police findings, court dates and such.

The more that I think about it, the more this looks like a setup by her.If you fri

end was beaten to this extent, wouldn't your first reaction be to get her to the hospital? ... or at least put some ice in a towel an tend to the blood and such?

Nope ... her friend (who was also assaulted?) has her pose for photos. How exactly does that go down? 

"hold still while I take a photo. No, no, don't touch your face. Don't want to disturb the blood trails." ... "now turn to the left ... oh that's a good one."

I'm looking forward to hearing the truth. Unfortunately it likely wont come out for months or years as we wait for police findings, court dates and such.
The picture is of her in a hospital bed. She is bloody and in her normal clothes because she is likely in the ED and not changed into a gown or mopped up yet. So yes, the friend got her to the hospital, and while they were waiting in the ED room for the doctor to come to see her she took a picture. 

This is incredibly damning.  I'm still going to reserve judgment and wait for the police investigation to play out, but Occam's Razor applies here.
Is it?  I guess i dont get why asking for the items is so damning.  How specific we talkin here?  And if she was trying to pull some sort of fast one, then wouldnt she go that route just to try and make mccoy look guilty?  Who actually heard/reported these hoodlums asking for these items?

Users who are viewing this thread