What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (1 Viewer)

More so based on what this guy has done in the past I won't put it past him doing this. I'm also sick and tired of numerous Fans and people in general trying to defend some of these scumbags. This is why when DV happens you see a lot of women never come forward. This is why the METOO movement is happening because people are victim shamed for it especially when the accusations happen to be a famous person. Considering the stories I've heard about the guy he's a real scumbag. He's also inappropriately handled women and degraded them before. Not in a way like this but he treats women more like property then anything else. I don't want to get off topic but he should've been in jail already for beating up the cops in Philly. This is why our justice system needs to be revamped in a big way. 
Agree with the #MeToo movement piece, but about the cops...not so much. It’s not fair that they kill innocent unarmed African-Americans daily. If McCoy knocked out an off-duty cop starting #### with him, I’m okay with it. 

More so based on what this guy has done in the past I won't put it past him doing this. I'm also sick and tired of numerous Fans and people in general trying to defend some of these scumbags. This is why when DV happens you see a lot of women never come forward. This is why the METOO movement is happening because people are victim shamed for it especially when the accusations happen to be a famous person. Considering the stories I've heard about the guy he's a real scumbag. He's also inappropriately handled women and degraded them before. Not in a way like this but he treats women more like property then anything else. I don't want to get off topic but he should've been in jail already for beating up the cops in Philly. This is why our justice system needs to be revamped in a big way. 
Sounds like hearsay.

I cant think of a logical reason why someone would be able to assault two cops and not go to jail, unless thats not really how simple the situation was.

On the security  system issue, it should be pretty easy to determine who is telling the truth, but one thing to keep in mind is that the info we are now getting is from professional advocates... carefully wordsmithed and spun.

For example, the victim's attorney states that she had no ability to "arm or disarm" the security system.  Even if true, this does not mean she cannot disable the system by simply unplugging it from power.  More interestingly, he does not specifically rebut McCoy's claim that the victim removed the system.  This begs the question as to why the statement was so narrow ("no ability to arm or disarm").  Why not just say "My client has not touched, removed, turned off or in any way blocked the security system installed by LeSean McCoy."??

What really gets me is the last paragraph of his statement.  The line that McCoy has not called to check on her is obviously there to show that he is, at the least, heartless.  But why the comment about her having no idea if he was able to live stream the event?  It seems to be a spin to support the prior arm/disarm comment.  It seems to me an attempt to cause the reader to assume that the she if she had no idea if he could live stream, then she must not have disrupted the security system... while avoiding ever actually saying that she did not disrupt the system.

Note that it would be normal and somewhat predictable that she would block the system or disable without having any fraud intentions... she merely did not want him to be able to spy on her through the net... especially if she did not have access so that she could turn if off when she wanted to.

For the beating itself, the possible scenarios fall into three categories:

A.  McCoy directed or knowingly allowed the attack.

B.  The attack is a fraudulent attempt by the victim.

C.  A third party did the attack without McCoy's knowledge or consent.  

Note that the victim's lawyer was careful to include that McCoy had someone else sign the eviction papers for him.  This nicely covers his bases to gain access to McCoy's deep pockets even if we are in option C territory.  If C was acting as McCoy's agent, even if operating outside of McCoy's instructions, McCoy could still be found liable under tort law, where the burden of proof and standards are much more lenient than criminal law.  

Last edited by a moderator:
B.  The attack is a fraudulent attempt by the victim.
Do people really think someone would instruct/ask/pay someone to beat them up in order to frame someone else? That's quite a beating that girl took. Seems like there's a lot of easier ways to get back at someone than to have yourself beaten up.

Do people really think someone would instruct/ask/pay someone to beat them up in order to frame someone else? That's quite a beating that girl took. Seems like there's a lot of easier ways to get back at someone than to have yourself beaten up.
Personally, i do not.  I find it the least likely of the three possibilities, but it is still a possibility.

That said, we live in a world where our literature, movies, and TV are all full of false/fraudulent accusations since they make for good stories... they lead us to think that false accusations happen much more often then they actually do.

To be honest, i am surprised that there has not been more talk about a "to kill a mockingbird" scenario, where she was attacked by someone she knows but blames someone else since that story is so ingrained in the public consciousness.

An objective study once found that less than 2% of rape allegations are false, but that is still enough for us to doubt every victim that is not beaten to the point of being in the hospital.

Reversing field a bit, I will say that, at least from my anecdotal experience and knowledge, those rare false allegations are more likely to be against high profile individuals.

Do people really think someone would...........................
Yes to anything you could conjure up I would say there are people that would do it.

One of my patient's covered his entire naked body in his own feces, put his fists up, and was yelling "come get me now m####r f#####s" to the police that were there to get him.

Would you have thought anyone would have done THAT before I told you?  

Personally, i do not.  I find it the least likely of the three possibilities, but it is still a possibility.
Personally, I think "someone" had a plan, and the plan went haywire.  

I do not think that if Mccoy was involved that he would automatically go to prison.  It would obviously depend on what he did.  If some wacko goes rogue it can't all get pinned on Mccoy.  He would probably be out of the NFL, but not necessarily in jail.   I have people go to my rentals all the time.  If my plumber beats and rapes the tenant, I would hope I dont land in prison.

Oh, I should identify myself as a Mccoy owner in a highstakes league  :bag:

Yes to anything you could conjure up I would say there are people that would do it.

One of my patient's covered his entire naked body in his own feces, put his fists up, and was yelling "come get me now m####r f#####s" to the police that were there to get him.

Aaron Hernandez was practically a serial killer but people think another football player is above having someone beat up his ex...  :confused:

Honestly, I don't know.  People get goofy around the war chest.  

Why would McCoy go through the trouble of spending a year in the legal system trying to evict her only to blow it all off a few nights before?

My brother and sister were 8 and 10 years older than me.  My sister always bruised easily.  My brother, the middle child, had picked on my sister a bunch when we were young.  But around high school, my sister realized she could get my brother beaten simply by throwing herself against a door handle and blaming it on my brother. Dad would come home, see the bruises and not care what my brother would try to explain.

People get goofy around the war chest.  Shady's pockets are deep.  The woman was about to be evicted. 

Who knows?  To me it all seems like speculation heaped on top of hearsay.    

I do not think that if Mccoy was involved that he would automatically go to prison.  It would obviously depend on what he did.  If some wacko goes rogue it can't all get pinned on Mccoy.  He would probably be out of the NFL, but not necessarily in jail.   

: )  

I do not think the NFL can take action against McCoy unless he at a minimum knew or should have known that a physical confrontation was going to take place.  

The one possibility that is supported by and not conflicted by any of the evidence is that the attack was implemented by McCoy's local agent, apparently a former teammate from college; a person who would be aware of the items McCoy wanted back and would have house access since he was handling the case for McCoy, and who probably would have the ability to turn off security cameras.  

I am not saying this is the only possibility, but I am saying that it is the only one that is not conflicted by any of the evidence, including McCoy's blanket denial.

If I was the victims lawyer, (and not limited by ethics) this is the scenario I would push for.  Why?  McCoy will fight tooth and nail before he admits personal involvement, but if McCoy can avoid NFL action by saying an agent went rogue, it would be pretty easy to negotiate a huge settlement in tort (since McCoy could still be liable for the acts of his agent even if un-directed).

She was scheduled to be in court the next morning. Not sure if McCoy had to show or not.  The timing is crazy.  You'd have to be pretty stupid to send someone the day prior, when you already went the legal process to obtain your belongings and house back.
Or he told the dude to go while she was in court and dude got the date wrong, or the court date was changed/wrong.  Lots of ways that could go sideways.  My guess is he sent them but not with the intention of beating here up, and he'll throw dude under the bus if it comes to that (or has already hooked him up).

Sounds like a pretty normal Saturday night..,

:shrug:

I do not think the NFL can take action against McCoy unless he at a minimum knew or should have known that a physical confrontation was going to take place.  

If I was the victims lawyer, (and not limited by ethics) this is the scenario I would push for.  Why?  McCoy will fight tooth and nail before he admits personal involvement, but if McCoy can avoid NFL action by saying an agent went rogue, it would be pretty easy to negotiate a huge settlement in tort (since McCoy could still be liable for the acts of his agent even if un-directed).
NFL has shown us repeatedly that they can take action even when guilt is not proven.

I would say no way in today's NFL would we see a situation where he would both agree to settlement or be liable in any way and at the same time avoid NFL action. It's easier to prevail in the courts then the NFL when accused.

Courts have to prove guilt, the NFL seems to make you prove your innocence.

I do not think that if Mccoy was involved that he would automatically go to prison.  It would obviously depend on what he did.  If some wacko goes rogue it can't all get pinned on Mccoy.  He would probably be out of the NFL, but not necessarily in jail.   I have people go to my rentals all the time.  If my plumber beats and rapes the tenant, I would hope I dont land in prison.

As long as you cooperate with the police and give them the plumber's information, then no, you shouldn't go to jail. If you deny sending a plumber there then maybe you should be locked up.

It's possible McCoy had no hand in this, but man it sure does look fishy with the specific jewelry and what-not.  
But that’s just the victim’s statement. Just like McCoy installing new cameras... it’s one person’s statement but that doesn’t make it true. Subsequently, McCoy claims she took out the cameras. We don’t even know if the beating occurred in the home. There are essentially zero facts so both parties claims should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Exactly.  And she's a model (or at least was one and is now a "fashion designer").  She's been in music videos, model videos, and so on.  She was arrested 10 years ago (at age 24) with Marcus Vick, and was charged with drunk in public. 

But that’s just the victim’s statement. Just like McCoy installing new cameras... it’s one person’s statement but that doesn’t make it true. Subsequently, McCoy claims she took out the cameras. We don’t even know if the beating occurred in the home. There are essentially zero facts so both parties claims should be taken with a grain of salt. 
Fair enough - that's why I said it's possible he's not guilty.  The facts will eventually come out, but given the history of NFL players and DV, this isn't a good look for McCoy either way.  

Exactly, I get why he installed new camera's, so she couldn't have access to the security system at HIS house, but the footage of the new camera's should easily be available, even if turned off? or traced at what time they were turned off? 

Anything is possible, but i highly doubt his ex is some criminal mastermind who agreed to get the tar beat out of her.

Most likely scenario IMO.

- McCoy wanted the "gifts" he gave her before she got evicted.  Once she's gone he knows he's never getting back the jewelry.  Everyone is acting like why would he do this when she was being evicted the next day.  It makes perfect sense why he did it before she was gone.  This is the last day he'll know for sure where it is.

- He sent someone to retrieve what he thought was rightfully his.  Whether he instructed them to beat her up or not to get the job done is anybody's guess.

Exactly.  And she's a model (or at least was one and is now a "fashion designer").  She's been in music videos, model videos, and so on.  She was arrested 10 years ago (at age 24) with Marcus Vick, and was charged with drunk in public. 
The child that was served the papers was Marcus Vick's kid, who was living there with her. Some articles mention only her was hurt badly and others mention a second women with only small cuts.  If things got that out of hand for whoever was there wouldn't both people end up like that?

menobrown said:
But you were ok with the initial list that cast guilt on McCoy? You did not seem to disagree with any of those possible premises. I don't know if he is guilty of what is being charged anymore then if we know is she is a victim.

And FWIW I personally not only don't own him on a single fantasy team in any format but I've had him labeled as my non-injury bust of the year. If I gain anything by McCoy playing it's that he pushes a player down a spot to me in drafts.
He's a Philly fan. For some reason, they have been having a hard time letting McCoy go. They want to justify that horrible trade Chip Kelly made and they are still holding out hope they can still win the trade. Don't believe, go find the thread about McCoy and the nightclub incident.

matttyl said:
Wonder if he had anything to do with this?
He was mentioned in one of the earlier links and I wondered why someone brought his name up. He accused McCoy of giving her herpes. Hopefully, he seeked some advice from Ron Mexico.

We still have no idea what happened. So far we pretty much only have what the friend said/posted (unflattering), the attorney's statement (unflattering), a police statement (not a lot of details), and the blanket denial from Shady.

Literally we can all concoct what COULD have happened. Maybe McCoy asked someone to stop by his house to pick some things up and bring them to Florida (not expecting the woman to be home). Maybe the woman got in the guy's face and things got heated. Maybe she ranted and raved about McCoy would never get his stuff back. She could have been the one that started it and maybe she hit the guy first. That doesn't excuse what he did to her, but it doesn't necessarily mean McCoy sent someone to rough her up.

Let's let the investigation unfold and let the police do their jobs. Crazy, I know. If McCoy actually did conspire to beat her up, there will be some sort of digital evidence (texts, PMs, emails, phone records, burner phone purchases, GPS tracking, etc.) that would link McCoy to this. That evidence may be from prior to the incident (showing planning or collaboration) or in the future (requesting payment for doing the deed, bragging, bad mouthing the woman, etc.). In this day and age, it is becoming increasingly difficult to be completely anonymous. And given the craziness of this whole incident, I would be shocked if the parties involved were smart enough to not leave a trail.

Chaka said:
I understand that logic. But if we have learned nothing else over the past couple years it is foolish and dangerous to be unaware of what others are saying/thinking.  Regardless of how obviously insane they may seem to you.
But what would you do different? I think we learned that people haven't changed and it's the same circus it was a 100 years ago. 

The speculation is crazy on this.  Here's the facts.

McCoy's ex girlfriend is still living in the house he bought her.  He wants her out.

He filed with the court to get her evicted(legalized process needed for this)  

That court date hadn't happened yet, although it was supposed to within the next few days according to reports.

He also demanded back items that he felt were his.  He never filed anything with the court on this(the legalized process that would be needed for it)

About a month ago, she left town for a wedding.  He illegally sent people over to "collect his stuff" that he technically has no right to at this point.

She notices this on camera and calls the police.  The police make everyone leave since they were not following legal precedence to retrieve McCoy's stuff.

McCoy then replaces the camera system in the house so that she cannot use it anymore(Clearly anyone with a brain can deduce this is due to the previous incident)

She goes on vacation.  The day she gets back, she gets beaten brutally in the night.

She claims the assailant was demanding specific items that McCoy had gifted her.  (Hearsay)

Police have determined that there is no sign of forced entry to the house.

McCoy claims he had no part of this and that she had removed the security cameras he had installed(that she had no access to). (Also Hearsay)

These are the facts.  At this point, there is no real guilt to pin on McCoy, but he doesn't come off looking very well at all IMO.

I'm most interested in the security camera claims.  If they were never removed and he's lying on that front, then he's likely lying about most of the rest of his statement.  It'll be interesting to see what happens once investigated more thoroughly.

McCoy's ex girlfriend is still living in the house he bought her.  He wants her out.

That court date hadn't happened yet, although it was supposed to within the next few days according to reports.

He also demanded back items that he felt were his.  He never filed anything with the court on this(the legalized process that would be needed for it)

About a month ago, she left town for a wedding.  He illegally sent people over to "collect his stuff" that he technically has no right to at this point.

She notices this on camera and calls the police.  The police make everyone leave since they were not following legal precedence to retrieve McCoy's stuff.

McCoy then replaces the camera system in the house so that she cannot use it anymore(Clearly anyone with a brain can deduce this is due to the previous incident)

She goes on vacation.  The day she gets back, she gets beaten brutally in the night.

She claims the assailant was demanding specific items that McCoy had gifted her.  (Hearsay)

McCoy claims he had no part of this and that she had removed the security cameras he had installed(that she had no access to). (Also Hearsay)

These are the facts.  At this point, there is no real guilt to pin on McCoy, but he doesn't come off looking very well at all IMO.

I'm most interested in the security camera claims.  If they were never removed and he's lying on that front, then he's likely lying about most of the rest of his statement.  It'll be interesting to see what happens once investigated more thoroughly.
The bolded is all the NFL will care about. The rest can be the worry of the legal system

As I mentioned up thread, either there is going to be evidence that leads back to Shady or there won't be. I can't see him being such a mastermind that he could develop and execute the perfect crime and cover all his bases and leave no evidence. At this point it's pretty much a he said / she said (with him not actually being at the scene of the crime). For now, all there really is is the possibility that Shady COULD have planned something. Give it time.

As I mentioned up thread, either there is going to be evidence that leads back to Shady or there won't be. I can't see him being such a mastermind that he could develop and execute the perfect crime and cover all his bases and leave no evidence. At this point it's pretty much a he said / she said (with him not actually being at the scene of the crime). For now, all there really is is the possibility that Shady COULD have planned something. Give it time.
At this point it's a fact she got her face smashed.

It's very rare for someone to agree to get savagely beaten (especially a woman).

i'd say the odds are high someone came there and beat her without her consent.  If McCoy was associated with the person, whether he wanted them to beat her or not, he's in deep trouble with the NFL.

At this point it's a fact she got her face smashed.

It's very rare for someone to agree to get savagely beaten (especially a woman).

i'd say the odds are high someone came there and beat her without her consent.  If McCoy was associated with the person, whether he wanted them to beat her or not, he's in deep trouble with the NFL.
Or she THINKS the person was associated with Mccoy and is extremely ticked, and is trying to make sure he gets in trouble.  

Who knows.

kutta said:
To put things in perspective, I pay nearly $300 per year for Sunday Ticket so that the Bills can come over to my house and kick me in the balls every week.  And I'm not even trying to get revenge on anybody.

To put things in perspective, I pay nearly $300 per year for Sunday Ticket so that the Bills can come over to my house and kick me in the balls every week.  And I'm not even trying to get revenge on anybody.
Yeah, I mean, I'm in wait and see mode but leaning towards McCoy likely being behind it, BUT people have been known to do some crazy stuff.

There are plenty of stories of people going so far as shooting themselves to get out of something or framing someone else. If there are hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on the line, it's not TOTALLY out of the realm of possibility of it being a setup. How many people here would willingly take some punches or a bullet if they thought it would lead to a few hundred thousand in their bank account?

Again, I'm leaning towards believing that McCoy is responsible, but acting as if it's not even possible that someone would willingly get injured for a potential payday or payback ignores reality.

Let's wait and see what else comes out before deciding we know exactly what happened.

But what would you do different? I think we learned that people haven't changed and it's the same circus it was a 100 years ago. 
If we fail to listen to people we disagree with then we catagorically eliminate the possibility of finding common ground.

Thinking there is no common ground without even trying to find it is, once again,  foolish and dangerous.

menobrown said:
But you were ok with the initial list that cast guilt on McCoy? You did not seem to disagree with any of those possible premises. I don't know if he is guilty of what is being charged anymore then if we know is she is a victim.

And FWIW I personally not only don't own him on a single fantasy team in any format but I've had him labeled as my non-injury bust of the year. If I gain anything by McCoy playing it's that he pushes a player down a spot to me in drafts.
Never said you or another guy. Simple said the person who made that list maybe does. I couldn't believe all the people when this first came out asking the Fantasy guys on NFL network and all about McCoy's draft stock now. Like not the time and place right now. Use your own judgement there not that hard. 

Tejas said:
Agree with the #MeToo movement piece, but about the cops...not so much. It’s not fair that they kill innocent unarmed African-Americans daily. If McCoy knocked out an off-duty cop starting #### with him, I’m okay with it. 
They didn't start anything with him. Multiple witnesses said Shady was being an entitled piece of sh**. The problem was basically the two parties ordered a bottle of the same drink. The first one came and was apparently the off duty cops part. Shady thought the cops stole his order and a bar tender and others tried telling him that his was coming next. Shady became impatient and his goons showed up. To try and calm the situation and make sure people didn't do anything dumb the cop like any good cop would do was about to say I'm an off duty cop but before he could say that shady or one of his boys sucker punched him. I have a friend who use to be in the Department near my township got moved to PPD district these two cops are in. He's said both are upstanding cops some of the best in the PPD. Never an issue and do a lot with kids in the community never had a bad complaint. Shady and his boys were just being entitled Dbags like typical Shady is most of the time. The cops were trying to mind their own business and enjoy themselves. 

Pwingles said:
Sounds like hearsay.

I cant think of a logical reason why someone would be able to assault two cops and not go to jail, unless thats not really how simple the situation was.
He got off easy do to the DA. Everyone involved who was witness to it said Shady's crew was in the wrong. Our system in Philly is a joke sometimes which is why Meek Mill is even off. Even if the cop was dirty who arrested him he did have an illegal gun on him and admitted to the cop at the time it wasn't registered. Former Eagle DT Hollis Thomas said he had a friend who texted him that witnessed the whole thing from start to finish. PPD even interviewed him and I think they had the guy on the radio show here locally. Shady was in the absolute wrong assaulting the two cops. People were pretty mad he hadn't been jailed for it. The DA said he couldn't prove who started it and he even said if Shady acted in self defense for himself or others then he couldn't be charged. However multiple witnesses said he was taking liberties on the two off duty cops going Stone Cold Mudhole stomping on them with his boys. There was also no video footage to prove either side as well. 

kutta said:
I find that the least likely and more of the victim blaming I hate and usually see in these things. It always comes to the "oh they just wanted the money" type remarks. People need to stop defending these famous people and realize and agree some of these people are just complete scumbags and do this stuff because they think they are entitled. Playing these sports is a privilege not an entitlement. 

Hankmoody said:
Or he told the dude to go while she was in court and dude got the date wrong, or the court date was changed/wrong.  Lots of ways that could go sideways.  My guess is he sent them but not with the intention of beating here up, and he'll throw dude under the bus if it comes to that (or has already hooked him up).
I agree with it was more of a scare tactic but went wrong. Probably wasn't suppose to beat her to a bloody submission. Just scare her to leaving. 

Yeah, I mean, I'm in wait and see mode but leaning towards McCoy likely being behind it, BUT people have been known to do some crazy stuff.
McCoy being behind it would qualify as crazy. 

It's not like the only two options here are:

McCoy was behind it

Or

She had a friend beat her up.

There's a load of other possibilities. Maybe the home invasion was a compete isolated incident, and she saw the chance to use it to blame Shady. Or maybe she completely believes he was behind it, and he totally isn't. 

No one knows.

matttyl said:
Marcus Vick also accused shady of giving him Herpes because the girl was with Shady back then too. 

He's a Philly fan. For some reason, they have been having a hard time letting McCoy go. They want to justify that horrible trade Chip Kelly made and they are still holding out hope they can still win the trade. Don't believe, go find the thread about McCoy and the nightclub incident.
I never liked McCoy and his running east west instead of North/South drove me crazy. He gave up a ton of yards to just get 3-4 yards or stopped behind the line. I also knew he was a scumbag well before this. When the trade rumors of the Eagles wanted Shady back I was pretty vocal not wanting him. Also off season news is pretty slow and this thread seems like the only place even talking about the incident. Theres really no mention of this on the Eagles thread besides the initial posts, my comment and one other on it 

:thumbup:  

Victim blaming happens a lot because there are money hungry women out there tying to do all they can to survive with little talent other than their looks.  Not saying Shady did it, but not saying he didn't.  It makes perfect sense to investigate her and her son/friends as well as him. 

I saw McCoy just got a big time Atlanta lawyer, the same that represented Ray Lewis and Big Ben.  Get ready for the PR campaign.

The NFL could place him on the "Exempt" list if he's charged where he gets paid but isn't allowed to practice or play while he's found guilty or not.  If he's only being investigated, the NFL likely has to back-off and wait.

McCoy being behind it would qualify as crazy. 

It's not like the only two options here are:

McCoy was behind it

Or

She had a friend beat her up.

There's a load of other possibilities. Maybe the home invasion was a compete isolated incident, and she saw the chance to use it to blame Shady. Or maybe she completely believes he was behind it, and he totally isn't

No one knows.
The police have said it was a targeted attack, however surely somebody in the neighborhood has a camera. Hell, I have a few ring pro doorbell's, I can only imagine the systems in that neighborhood, so even if McCoy or her took down their own system, somebody probably has something.  I can see the victim giving a list of friends of McCoy she thinks it could be. The timing is the weirdest thing to me, He was going through the court process already to get her out of his house and his stuff back. 

He got off easy do to the DA. Everyone involved who was witness to it said Shady's crew was in the wrong. Our system in Philly is a joke sometimes which is why Meek Mill is even off. Even if the cop was dirty who arrested him he did have an illegal gun on him and admitted to the cop at the time it wasn't registered. Former Eagle DT Hollis Thomas said he had a friend who texted him that witnessed the whole thing from start to finish. PPD even interviewed him and I think they had the guy on the radio show here locally. Shady was in the absolute wrong assaulting the two cops. People were pretty mad he hadn't been jailed for it. The DA said he couldn't prove who started it and he even said if Shady acted in self defense for himself or others then he couldn't be charged. However multiple witnesses said he was taking liberties on the two off duty cops going Stone Cold Mudhole stomping on them with his boys. There was also no video footage to prove either side as well. 
The officers in question have an open civil suit claiming that the bar is responsible in addition to shady and crew. Alleging they over served him and it contributed to the nights events. So, we will see how that plays out I guess.

The point remains, you don't just get to beat LEOs and get away with it. Lesean McCoy is not at that level of celebrity. Whether he was in the right or wrong there, you shouldnt be able to jail someone for an incident like this, if you cant prove why it happened and who is at fault. So in this instance, I think the legal system worked. As far as your local legal system and the other cases you mentioned, idk enough about them.

As far as the "liberties" that were being taken, its a double edged sword. If he was the instigator of the fight, and he beat them like that, he is a jerk.

If the LEOs were the instigators, kinda seems like they made a tactical error, and they deserve every lick they get in the process.

If it was excessive to the point of potentially killing someone, thats obviously different tho.

Either way, if he is somehow behind this robbery and beating, he should be skewered, for sure. But at the moment there are so many other factors that seem odd to me. I will feel better about condemning him when the evidence that this isnt a shakedown has been sorted out. It has a shakedown feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread