Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Amari Cooper, Cowboys


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s interesting how Dak and Amari’s weaknesses correlate. Dak hates throwing contested balls and Amari seems to hate catching them. Like two lost souls who meet at Alcoholics Anonymous maybe they can

Not blaming you, I know this part of his quote has been picked up by fantasy outlets but this is a good example misquoting someone or quoting them out of context. What he was saying was that it's easi

Check down means he went through his progressions, didn't see his primary option open so he checked down to a back or receiver to salvage some yards on the play.  That is not what happened last n

How high does Cooper go in start-ups next year?

The entire 1st round is going to be WR's, Gronk, Bell, and Gurley next year. I guess it wasn't much different this year, but we're starting to run out of 1st round slots for all these ultra young, fairly young, or prime stud WR candidates. The turn is going to be a great place to be again next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link

  • Amari Cooper has already tied an Oakland rookie record with three 100-yard receiving games for a single season.
  • Cooper averages 7.0 yards after the catch, the highest of any receiver with 20 or more receptions.
  • Just one of Cooper's 50 targets has been in the red zone (two percent), lowest rate of all receivers with 25 or more total targets.

then down below says..

Amari Cooper (I wrongfully faded him last week, but I still believe the process is sound to do it again this week. He’s not seeing a high level targets and isn’t seeing any near the end zone while having another poor paper matchup),

Link to post
Share on other sites

How high does Cooper go in start-ups next year?

The entire 1st round is going to be WR's, Gronk, Bell, and Gurley next year. I guess it wasn't much different this year, but we're starting to run out of 1st round slots for all these ultra young, fairly young, or prime stud WR candidates. The turn is going to be a great place to be again next year.

I was thinking about this as well. Does he finish top 5 next year? Who would you rank above him? Julio, Dez, Antonio? Who else?
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.

I am feeling quite bummed that he went 1.02 in my league and I had to settle for Gordon at 1.03. I'm trying to acquire but it's probably a long shot.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.

Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.

He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.

Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.

He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.

i assume the McFadden trade was in re-draft, at least i hope so. Have both Julio and Amari on a dynasty team, would probably be more open to moving Julio as well. Kind of crazy to say that out loud as it would have been unthinkable before the season started.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.

Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.

He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.

i assume the McFadden trade was in re-draft, at least i hope so. Have both Julio and Amari on a dynasty team, would probably be more open to moving Julio as well. Kind of crazy to say that out loud as it would have been unthinkable before the season started.

RIght now Amari is a classic "buy high" in keeper / dynasty formats IMO. Look at OBJ at this point last season ... he went from someone people had to "overpay" to get in Week 9 to being virtually untouchable (as in "dynasty startup 1.01" untouchable) in the span of two months.

I'm not necessarily equating Amari with OBJ, merely noting that the next week or so could be your last chance to acquire him in these formats at virtually any price. Wild guess, I'd say those who splash out for him now have a 75% chance of mildly overpaying in FV terms ... and a 25% chance of landing a top-5 dynasty asset for the next 7-8 years. Worth the gamble IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Cooper pulled his quad in practice today. Big blow for Carr and Co if he's out.

Amari Cooper (quad) didn't practice Wednesday. Standout receiver Amari Cooper, meanwhile, was on the field for the beginning of practice but went to the locker room and did not return with what the team called a quad issue. Cooper spoke to the media earlier Wednesday and didn’t mention being injured, nor did he look to be in discomfort. He will be monitored during the week. The Raiders often keep players out of Wednesday drills as a precaution

Edited by Markus P Dub
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna trade for this guy so bad. Maybe if he's super quiet against the Jets it'll happen.

Just got him for McFadden straight up. Other guy was hurting for a RB. He can be had for a reasonable price.
He can be had for a reasonable price you say?

I offered Julio straight up for Amari was rejected.

i assume the McFadden trade was in re-draft, at least i hope so. Have both Julio and Amari on a dynasty team, would probably be more open to moving Julio as well. Kind of crazy to say that out loud as it would have been unthinkable before the season started.

RIght now Amari is a classic "buy high" in keeper / dynasty formats IMO. Look at OBJ at this point last season ... he went from someone people had to "overpay" to get in Week 9 to being virtually untouchable (as in "dynasty startup 1.01" untouchable) in the span of two months.

I'm not necessarily equating Amari with OBJ, merely noting that the next week or so could be your last chance to acquire him in these formats at virtually any price. Wild guess, I'd say those who splash out for him now have a 75% chance of mildly overpaying in FV terms ... and a 25% chance of landing a top-5 dynasty asset for the next 7-8 years. Worth the gamble IMO.

Yup. Made that "overpay gamble" about a month ago and was told I overpaid. Feel great about it now (obviously did then, too. But now I feel vindicated).

Dealt: J. Landry, Perriman, Agholor, Ertz, Ajayi for Cooper and a 2nd.

Did the same for Watkins. I'm a big believer in "overpaying" before it's too late, or when there's a buy-low opportunity. A few weeks ago I dealt:

Gio, Perriman, Lockett, 2nd for Watkins

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big believer in "overpaying" before it's too late, or when there's a buy-low opportunity.

How can something be a "buy-low opportunity" if you are "overpaying" for it?

overpaying is in quotations, as in people perceive it as an overpay, but due to injury or something else its actually not. So you "overpay" at the time, but it turns out to be a buy low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone share data points (trades or startup draft position) that give an idea to Cooper's dynasty value?

I took him @ 24/25 turn in a start up that drafted last May. Gurley went 23rd overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone share data points (trades or startup draft position) that give an idea to Cooper's dynasty value?

I traded D Thomas for him straight up a few weeks ago (before any of the Manning injury stuff). I was happy with it then, I'm thrilled with it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?

my question from a week ago still stands :) i think im starting devonte parker and even Dez over him. Am I missing something here with the matchup that would indicate he could still peform well at Denver?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same boat here... Was just searching for this thread to see what other owners are doing.

I've got to sit one of these guys:

Cooper, McFadden, Gurley, Buck Allen, and Chandler.

I think I'm going to send Cooper to the bench in this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?

my question from a week ago still stands :) i think im starting devonte parker and even Dez over him. Am I missing something here with the matchup that would indicate he could still peform well at Denver?

I hate Coopers match up this week. I am starting Devonte Parker over him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is everyone doing week 14? Cooper at broncos. Stats dictate Cooper is unstartable to me. Denver d by far gives up last amount of fantasy points to wr. Earlier this season he did 4 for 48 or something like that. Say tj ward is out for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, that doesn't really change coopers fortunes right?

my question from a week ago still stands :) i think im starting devonte parker and even Dez over him. Am I missing something here with the matchup that would indicate he could still peform well at Denver?

I hate Coopers match up this week. I am starting Devonte Parker over him.

there is plenty of angst in the julio thread over his matchup this week, yet the #15 wr's (in my 0.5ppr) thread is :tumbleweed:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...