What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (4 Viewers)

I’ll always remember the story of “Oakland staff believes Cooper doesn’t care enough about the game”... never mind that Derek Carr doesn’t throw the ball further than 5 yds. Dak Prescott was averaging around 180/game in the air before Cooper. Good job Gruden.

Also, people need to stop assuming that WR’s moved in trades are just done for. With Cooper and Cooks both being moved during rookie contracts, clearly it’s going to be thematic moving forward.

Jumping up and down in the kitchen with joy on that 2nd TD then the realization sunk in that it's possible I'm also going against him in other leagues...

I never lost faith in you Cooper... prove the doubters wrong and show how garbage the Raiders organization is as a whole ...

Super Star game

For everyone who was laughing at Dallas for the trade: happy now?

Theyre undefeated since he joined and the offense is just so much more effective even setting aside his solid performances. Kid is a gamer. Great trade for Dallas. 

Theyre undefeated since he joined and the offense is just so much more effective even setting aside his solid performances. Kid is a gamer. Great trade for Dallas. 
Yep. Looks like the talent evaluators could see the problem wasn't with him...

I never stopped believing in the talent. I think last year was injury and this season Carr never got it going.  

Cooper is on his way and he could well help Dallas win the division.

I never stopped believing in the talent. I think last year was injury and this season Carr never got it going.  

Cooper is on his way and he could well help Dallas win the division.
If they can keep finding ways to get into his hands, Dallas will be a formidable match.  Curious to see if they can put up a fight next week

Wow. Had to start Dak/Coop and went to bed at half. Can't believe I woke up to these totals.  I agree with others never lost faith in Cooper. Whenever I wavered I'd watch 2015/16 highlights to remind myself that kind of talent does not evaporate. 

Either that field was really slippery or he runs some sick routes. Because his defenders kept ending up on their rears, and then he was breaking tackles. Love it. 

As I've stated earlier, Cooper could go on to be in 10 pro bowls and it would still be not as good of a deal as Dallas could have gotten. They could have gotten him for a 2nd. 

I use buying a home as an example. You pay 25k over asking price, but the house goes up 75k. is that as big of a win as.you could have had? no. 

Dallas gave up an unknown draft pick for him, which at this point is working out excellent for Dallas. They gave up too much at the time of the trade.

As far as fantasy goes, I was always 50/50 on him. I remember in his player spotlight thread being on the pro side but by the time the season started I was in the negative. He can post some big games, obviously, but it remains to be seen if hes a stud or just the 2018 version of Chad Johnson- finish the season in the top 20, but 80% of his points are in 3-4 games, and then rest are 3-35. 

As I've stated earlier, Cooper could go on to be in 10 pro bowls and it would still be not as good of a deal as Dallas could have gotten. They could have gotten him for a 2nd. 
How could you possibly know that? It is possible they could have, but it’s also possible some other team would have (or did) offered a first and then they don’t get him. 

Its like when you send a trade offer and it gets accepted immediately you always wonder if you could have offered a little less and still got that player - but then you realize you were obviously willing to pay what you did do you should just be happy.

and as some one that has dealt in real estate - your example is a poor one, as many sellers set a lower asking price because they know it will create a bidding war and thus some one will pay $25k over - as long as you come out ahead in the long run playing the “what if” game is futile and a waste of your time.

I use buying a home as an example. You pay 25k over asking price, but the house goes up 75k. is that as big of a win as.you could have had? no. 

Dallas gave up an unknown draft pick for him, which at this point is working out excellent for Dallas. They gave up too much at the time of the trade.

As far as fantasy goes, I was always 50/50 on him. I remember in his player spotlight thread being on the pro side but by the time the season started I was in the negative. He can post some big games, obviously, but it remains to be seen if hes a stud or just the 2018 version of Chad Johnson- finish the season in the top 20, but 80% of his points are in 3-4 games, and then rest are 3-35. 
I don't get this.

There were reports that a couple of teams offered a 2nd. If THEY didn't get him for a 2nd, why are you and other anti Cowboy fans saying Dallas should have gave a 2nd, 3rd or whatever? If Dallas wanted him, then it took a 1st. Period. So the horrible comparisons to giving $100,000 for a $25,000 house and all that nonsense is just that- nonsense. They gave what they had to to, to keep from letting the next bidding homeowners move in. It now looks like they were pretty awesome at better understanding perceived value then the rest of the bidders. The NFC East foes are just gonna have to suck it up and face it.

I don't get this.

There were reports that a couple of teams offered a 2nd. If THEY didn't get him for a 2nd, why are you and other anti Cowboy fans saying Dallas should have gave a 2nd, 3rd or whatever? If Dallas wanted him, then it took a 1st. Period. So the horrible comparisons to giving $100,000 for a $25,000 house and all that nonsense is just that- nonsense. They gave what they had to to, to keep from letting the next bidding homeowners move in. It now looks like they were pretty awesome at better understanding perceived value then the rest of the bidders. The NFC East foes are just gonna have to suck it up and face it.
anti cowboy fan :lol:

I don't understand why eagle and cowboy fans dont get along. they have so much in common, especially assuming anyone who might offer any criticism is a "hater" or "anti Team X fan"

give me a break

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Glazer reported 6 or 7 teams were interested in Cooper. The Raiders weren't going to hand that kind of talent over for a 2nd round pick, especially at 24 years old. And most certainly not since they had the 5th year option available.

It's extremely speculative to suggest Dallas gave more than they had to. Plus, Cooper is WORTH a 1st.

Now, that said, I continue to preach caution with Cooper. This was a fantastic game, but his full impact won't be felt until next season. Also, the Cowboys don't have a lot of other needs so Dak could very well be on the chopping block by 2020. A better passer could really take advantage of Cooper's skills.

I think Cooper has proven his value to Dallas above stats, but as far as FF, I'm still in wait & see mode despite the great game (as far as this season).

I'm guessing you've never bought a house in a sellers market. Asking price is often synonymous with "the bidding starts here" where they likely won't accept the "asking price" anyway. Market value is what it takes to successfully acquire that house at that point in time. You are measuring a "win" against an artificial benchmark.

but you said, according to your infamous eye balls, Dak was the best mid round qb in the history of the game? 
LOL.

Dak was a great pick considering the round, especially early in his career.

Things can change. If you don't adjust, you get left behind. And that goes for anything in life.

For me, I'm unsure if I want Dak as our long-term QB, but he's certainly turned out to be a value.

That's not what this thread is about, though. What this thread is about is Cooper & there's 2 main points you need to know:

#1 - The move was a no-brainer for Dallas.

#2 - Cooper is worth a 1st.

Local redraft league needed a QB this week & beyond.  Offered A. Cooper for Winston(he also has Brady) Thursday morning.  He turned it down out of spite.  Well out of spite I started mr. Cooper on that Thursday.   It could not have been a better turkey day especially knowing that the guy who turned it down had to watch that performance.  Sorry for bragging but I'm still jacked over it.

A HOF nomination, 6x Pro-Bowl selections, 2x All-Pro teams, 11,000  yards. Rational Cooper owners would happily signup for that. 
Chad Johnson was a better NFL wr than he was in fantasy. he would finish in the top 15-20 but when you looked at his game log you held your nose. He was the biggest fools gold there was in my fantasy career. 

If that's what you want, best of luck to you

Chad Johnson was a better NFL wr than he was in fantasy. he would finish in the top 15-20 but when you looked at his game log you held your nose. He was the biggest fools gold there was in my fantasy career. 

If that's what you want, best of luck to you
Chad Johnson was a boom/bust WR, like many (most-?) WRs.  You plugged him in each week and took the down games to get the huge games.  Despite that, discounting his rookie year & last year with NE, he put up 10+ FF pts (non-ppr) 39% of the time.  

He wasn’t the consistent game to game stud like Rice, Calvin, or AB, but he was a fine FF WR.  If Cooper becomes that, that would be a good outcome, IMO.

Chad Johnson was a boom/bust WR, like many (most-?) WRs.  You plugged him in each week and took the down games to get the huge games.  Despite that, discounting his rookie year & last year with NE, he put up 10+ FF pts (non-ppr) 39% of the time.  

He wasn’t the consistent game to game stud like Rice, Calvin, or AB, but he was a fine FF WR.  If Cooper becomes that, that would be a good outcome, IMO.
So if Cooper becomes a WR3/flex it's a good outcome. I can agree with that. 

It's important to distinguish between Cooper's NFL value & his FF value. It's much easier to see what he means to the Cowboys, but FF-wise, the question is will he be a WR1, WR2, or WR3?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this season as far as FF. It's very difficult for a WR to get fully integrated mid-season. All the play installation work is done for the most part so he's just winging it.

Cooper's raw ability, alone, should make him a WR2. A QB upgrade could easily vault him to WR1 status & he may get there, anyway (long-term).

If you venture into the Raiders thread, you would know that most Raider fans are still big fans of Cooper.   Cooper is not an elite talent but he is real good.  Huge weeks mixed in with disappearing acts has been very common for him 
I think we are looking for different things. I couldn't care less about his fantasy production. I’m estatic he’s a Cowboy. He run good routs, he can actually catch, has break away speed and isn’t a diva. Could not be happier. 

It's important to distinguish between Cooper's NFL value & his FF value. It's much easier to see what he means to the Cowboys, but FF-wise, the question is will he be a WR1, WR2, or WR3?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this season as far as FF. It's very difficult for a WR to get fully integrated mid-season. All the play installation work is done for the most part so he's just winging it.

Cooper's raw ability, alone, should make him a WR2. A QB upgrade could easily vault him to WR1 status & he may get there, anyway (long-term).
I think he is likely a WR2 in fantasy but as you say if the Cowboys upgrade at QB then he could vault to a WR1.  The thing is that the team is designed as Ezekiel's team first and a passing team second so that creates a cap.

So if Cooper becomes a WR3/flex it's a good outcome. I can agree with that. 
Sure, if you consider a WR who was top-12 weekly WR 39 times during his time in Cincy a WR3/flex, I guess.

BTW, there were only 5 WRs who had more top-12 weekly WR finishes in that span.  

So, the WR who was 6th most likely to be a WR 1 is a flex in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread