What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Amari Cooper, CLE (3 Viewers)

It is not great news and frankly I thought he looked hesitant and less explosive last Monday after he sort of tripped and came up gimpy.

Still, will monitor this and if he starts you have to start him in fantasy too.  Hopefully it is just a knee sprain.

Jane Slater was just on  nflnetwork, said she spoke with Amari today. He said the Dr told him it’s manageable and he fully expects to practice tomorrow and play this week

eta: Jane Slater 💕 

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer reports Amari Cooper has been diagnosed with a bruised knee and is expected to suit up for Sunday's game against the Vikings.

Cooper missed Thursday's practice, but an MRI revealed only a contusion. He's expected to practice on Friday. At less than 100 percent for a tougher matchup, Cooper will be a lower-end WR1.

Should be ok I'd think.

Amari Cooper (knee) is questionable for the Cowboys' Week 10 matchup against the Vikings.

Cooper is expected to play through his questionable tag and suit up Sunday night. He's set up extremely well against a Vikings defense that has struggled to find competent CB play from Xavier Rhodes (PFF's No. 107 ranked CB among 127 qualified corners), Mike Hughes (No. 77) and Trae Waynes (No. 98) this season. Fire up Cooper as a WR1 at home, where he's posted 5-58-1, 8-180-2, 8-76-0, 10-217-3, 4-20-0, 7-106-0, 6-106-1, 6-88-2, 11-226-1 and 5-106-0 lines since joining the Cowboys.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:18 PM ET

Amari Cooper (questionable, knee/ankle) is expected to play Week 10 against the Vikings.

Cooper's name seems to always pop up on the injury report, though he's yet to miss a game in 2019. That should remain the case in Week 10 as Cooper plans to gut it out through knee and ankle injuries on Sunday night. Lockdown corner Xavier Rhodes could cause him problems, though the contract-year receiver remains a worthy start in all formats.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 10, 2019, 8:11 AM ET

Amari Cooper (knee, ankle) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Cooper's been hobbled countless times this year — most recently with a knee injury prior to blowing up for 11/147/1 against the Vikings on Sunday night — but it hasn't effected his performance whatsoever. He's fully expected to suit up in an exquisite matchup against Detroit's banged up defense in Week 12.

SOURCE: Jon Machota on Twitter

Nov 13, 2019, 4:17 PM ET

Amari Cooper (knee, ankle) will remain a limited participant at Friday's practice.

Cooper has been battling injuries all year, but has yet to miss a game. We imagine that will remain the case when the Cowboys take on Detroit Sunday at Ford Field. Darius Slay poses a challenge, though Cooper had no trouble putting points on the board last week in his matchup with Vikings All-Pro Xavier Rhodes (11-147-1 on 14 targets). Headed for a massive pay day at the end of 2019 (or whenever Jerry Jones decides to open his checkbook), the contract-year receiver has emerged as a weekly WR1 in all formats.

SOURCE: Calvin Watkins on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 12:43 PM ET

Amari Cooper (knee, ankle) said he was "good to go" for Week 11 against the Lions.

Cooper was limited on Friday, but he has effectively been playing through his injuries for weeks. The Cowboys are likely giving him well-earned reps off at practice to save him for the stretch run. The Lions have been amongst the worst pass defenses in the NFL, making Cooper a high-ceiling WR1 this Sunday.

SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 2:50 PM ET

Dallas Morning News' Michael Gehlken reports Amari Cooper is "still fighting through" his knee injury.

Cooper posted a modest 55% snap rate against the Lions in Week 11. Still, the Cowboys forced fed their No. 1 WR the ball when he was on the field, as Cooper wound up with a solid enough eight targets. The bigger issue was Darius Slay, who largely locked up Cooper and tracked him all over the field. Things won't get better for Cooper in the near term in a likely shadow date against Stephon Gilmore this Sunday.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter.

Nov 18, 2019, 5:26 PM ET

whole-show said:
Practiced in full today per Michael Gehlken
Rotoworld take:

Amari Cooper (knee) was a full participant for Wednesday's practice.

He's expected to start opposite Stephon Gilmore and the Patriots despite battling knee and ankle injuries the past few weeks. Consider Cooper a low-end WR1 even in this tough spot given his 22 percent target share and team-high seven receiving touchdowns on the season. Michael Gallup and Randall Cobb should also be treated as WR2/3s on Sunday since all three have ranked in the Top 11 at their position over the last three games.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 4:07 PM ET

Amari Cooper (knee) wasn't listed on the Cowboys' final injury report.

Cooper is reportedly playing through the pain and wound up posting a pedestrian 55% snap rate in Week 11. The Cowboys did force feed their No. 1 WR eight targets when he was on the field, but stud Lions CB Darius Slay proved to be up to the challenge and limited Cooper to a 3-38-0 performance. Still, it's impossible to trust Cooper as a true WR1 in this spot due to both the potential for limited snaps and more importantly the matchup against stud Patriots CB Stephon Gilmore. The Patriots have allowed fewer than 200 passing yards in all but two games this season.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:43 PM ET

Amari Cooper failed to catch either of his two targets in the Cowboys' Week 12 loss to the Patriots.

Stephon Gilmore was all over Cooper the entire afternoon. Driving rain and limited snaps didn’t help. Cooper is reportedly playing at less than 100% due to a knee injury, but this marks back-to-back weeks he’s been shut down by opposing No. 1 CBs in Gilmore and Darius Slay. Next week’s spot isn’t any easier against Tre’Davious White on Thanksgiving Day. The good news is that Dak Prescott and company will be back home at Jerry World, where Cooper has largely dominated since joining the Cowboys.

This is puzzling... is his health the issue?  Other things at play?  Have him in multiple leagues and want to find a compelling reason to either bench or start.

Literally have to choose between him and Nuk in a league, so was it Gilmore or was it health/weather, etc? 

This is puzzling... is his health the issue?  Other things at play?  Have him in multiple leagues and want to find a compelling reason to either bench or start.

Literally have to choose between him and Nuk in a league, so was it Gilmore or was it health/weather, etc? 
I'd throw last week out. Gilmore was built to erase guys like Cooper. Plus the weather. 

Friw, I am starting Cooper at home v the Bills over Stefon Diggs at Seattle on MNF.  Expecting a bounce back performance. Happy Thanksgiving.

Maybe it was just the fantasy GM in me but I swear I saw him on the sidelines on white a few important downs ,especially third down. Even as a decoy I feel like he should have been our there more. 

starks said:
Maybe it was just the fantasy GM in me but I swear I saw him on the sidelines on white a few important downs ,especially third down. Even as a decoy I feel like he should have been our there more. 
No, you are right.  IIRC he was standing there in some red zone snaps, too. 

tackle for loss said:
Eh yeah. Not ideal. Was just worried about a double turkey from the two of them vs. that D. Between that and playing Chargers over Saints D, not a good coaching start to my Thanksgiving holiday ...

No, you are right.  IIRC he was standing there in some red zone snaps, too. 
This is the problem with coaches today, wtf are their studs ever coming off the field? 

Ever.

Zeke should never come off the field, same for AC and any other star. You have time to rest in between plays for 30 seconds and when the defense is on the field. 

Maybe thats the fantasy GM in me, but no one cares about pollard or saving Zeke, cuz why are coaches saving people on a 6-5 team? No, you make them go sweat and work every play. 

So frustrating seeing stars come off the field at any point, injury or rest. 

This is the problem with coaches today, wtf are their studs ever coming off the field? 

Ever.

Zeke should never come off the field, same for AC and any other star. You have time to rest in between plays for 30 seconds and when the defense is on the field. 

Maybe thats the fantasy GM in me, but no one cares about pollard or saving Zeke, cuz why are coaches saving people on a 6-5 team? No, you make them go sweat and work every play. 

Thanks to Joe I laugh and roll my eyes any time I see this phrase

Ever.

You should be a coach

Amari Cooper (knee) was a full participant in practice Monday.

Cooper's MRI last Friday revealed there was no structural damage in his knee. The Cowboys' No. 1 WR is fully expected to play his usual near every-down role Thursday night against the Bears. Cooper is set up well against a Bears defense that has yielded huge performances to elite WRs like Kenny Golladay (4-158-1), Michael Thomas (9-131-0) and Stefon Diggs (7-108-0) this season.

Dec 2, 2019, 4:30 PM ET

I can’t complain at all about 6/83/1, but he looks like he is jogging out there. I obviously have to play him if I advance, but he’s hurting. Can’t play more than like 4 plays in a row. 

Feel pretty lucky getting 20 out of him tonight.

Amari Cooper caught 6-of-8 targets for 83 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 14 loss to the Bears.

Garbage time made it a successful statistical night, but Cooper did not appear to be himself as he gutted out his knee injury. Cooper had to take frequent breathers and was not always moving as his usual crisp self. His first target came 22 minutes into the game. Cooper's score was a thing of beauty, as he caught a 19-yard rainbow from Dak Prescott in the end zone. It cut the Cowboys' deficit to 31-21 with 4:29 remaining. The 10-day break could not be coming at a better time for banged up Cooper, though he will come off the mini bye to a Week 15 date with the Rams' Jalen Ramsey in Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread