What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alabama: We won’t comply with the EPA because God gave us coal (1 Viewer)

Yup totally at fault here. If only there was no religion people would never use stupid justifications for their actions. Or just read the photo hackings thread where you seem to think it's okay to look at Jennifer Lawrence naked because she was too stupid to secure her photos. Idiotic justifications are everywhere not just in religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello West Virginia coal miner,
Let me thank you for your time
You work a forty hour week for a livin',
Just to send it on down the line.

These two state Public Service Commission officials** are cynically grasping at straws here. Their words have jack-all to do with religion and a lot to do with $$$. If the power plants could make an extra nickel burning something else, they'd be happy to do it.

** without researching, I'm gonna assume they are unelected officials, and thus can only speak for themselves, and not for "Alabama", "The South", "religious people", etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug B said:
These two state Public Service Commission officials** are cynically grasping at straws here. Their words have jack-all to do with religion and a lot to do with $$$. If the power plants could make an extra nickel burning something else, they'd be happy to do it.

** without researching, I'm gonna assume they are unelected officials, and thus can only speak for themselves, and not for "Alabama", "The South", "religious people", etc.
I wish that were true. Twinkle was elected. The ####### morons around here elect ####### idiots on the regular. We re-elected Roy Moore to state Supreme Court after he was censured. We elected the moron who enacted the immigration laws that landed a VP of Mercedes in jail. When it comes to politics we do absolutely nothing but stupid on the local, county, and state level. It's beyond pathetic and disgusting.

I wish that were true. Twinkle was elected.
OK ... well, elected officials practically never lay all their cards on the table before getting elected anyway. I don't agree when people use a state's or region's elected officials to paint with a broad brush about everyone living there.

That said, your points are taken -- maybe spilling out "God gave us coal!" would've earned them an even bigger election-night victory.

The obvious rebut to these PSC officials: "But God also gave us clean air ... are we being good stewards of that gift?" I still contend their point are, deep down, not about religious conviction, but about dollars. With some provincial pride and a hint of "Feds ain't gonna tell US what to do!" thrown in.

Yeah, I'm not painting everyone with a broad brush, but as far as anyone who voted for this embarrassment, well, they are complete ####### idiots. And if they did it just because she's an "upstanding Christian woman" then they are even bigger idiots.

Never voted for her, could never vote for someone named Twinkle on that premise alone. We had a guy running for PSC here who basically just blitzed tv with anti-Obama rhetoric and won. He never mentioned his opponent who was the incumbent or what he would do. Politics around here is a joke. It's whoever can go the most extreme nut-job to the right is who wins.

Never voted for her, could never vote for someone named Twinkle on that premise alone. We had a guy running for PSC here who basically just blitzed tv with anti-Obama rhetoric and won. He never mentioned his opponent who was the incumbent or what he would do. Politics around here is a joke. It's whoever can go the most extreme nut-job to the right is who wins.
My nephew's family finally moved from Birmingham to Boston after six years there. Living there as an adult is one thing, but a kid growing up there is subjected to too much nuttiness.

Users who are viewing this thread