What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merged Spygate thread (1 Viewer)

Any guesses why the NFL has not made an official ruling on this?  I would have just about guaranteed to have a ruling before the NFL draft
Prob waiting to see if they can get Brady to snitch.
My gut tells me that where wont be any draft pick penalty if it isnt before the draft.  Maybe they sweep this under the rug?

My gut tells me that where wont be any draft pick penalty if it isnt before the draft.  Maybe they sweep this under the rug?
Not sure how the three big Boston sports situations haven't been resolved by now (Bengals Spygate, Red Sox signal stealing, and Kraft's happy ending). There has been a ton of time that has elapsed on all of those.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Rotoworld:

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league's investigation of the Patriots' illegal filming of the Bengals' sideline "remains under review." 

This is one of the stories the world has forgotten about as the COVID-19 pandemic has dominated public life, but the matter has never been closed. The Patriots have already admitted wrongdoing but insisted it was an accident. Their past history certainly won't be working in their favor. With the draft only nine days away, it seems unlikely any punishment will involve the stripping of 2020 draft picks.   

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Apr 14, 2020, 4:07 PM ET

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Rotoworld:

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the league's investigation of the Patriots' illegal filming of the Bengals' sideline "remains under review." 

This is one of the stories the world has forgotten about as the COVID-19 pandemic has dominated public life, but the matter has never been closed. The Patriots have already admitted wrongdoing but insisted it was an accident. Their past history certainly won't be working in their favor. With the draft only nine days away, it seems unlikely any punishment will involve the stripping of 2020 draft picks.   

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Apr 14, 2020, 4:07 PM ET
Peeps be reading my posts!

Rotoworld take:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots were fined $1.1 million and will lose their 2021 third-round pick for filming the Bengals sideline.

The Cam Newton signing was announced literally 16 minutes earlier than this massive story. It's a news dump that will be taught in PR textbooks for decades. Bill Belichick and owner Robert Kraft deserve all the credit in the world for the last two decades of Lombardi hoisting, but this isn't the first time they've been punished for cheating. This time seems the most laughable, however, as they sent a few staffers to spy on the coaches of a Bengals team that was 1-12 at the time. The true consequence of this inexcusable offense is the legacies of Belichick and Kraft, not the relatively minor fine and loss of a forgettable Day 2 pick.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jun 28, 2020, 8:38 PM ET

But recently and unexpectedly, there's been movement in the quest. Follow-up conversations with the people closest to Arlen Specter -- his oldest son, Shanin, a Philadelphia personal injury and medical malpractice attorney, and Charles Robbins, Specter's trusted longtime communications aide and the ghostwriter of two Specter memoirs -- revealed this: The man who dangled campaign cash if Specter were to drop the Spygate inquiry was none other than Donald J. Trump.

Not only that: Trump had told Specter he was acting on behalf of Robert Kraft.
Weird that Robert Kraft would offer cash for illicit favors.

Rather than speaking ill of the dead, I will simply quote Specter's own statements about Specter's interest in this topic, and let those words sink in.

"This is part of Arlen Specter's thesis that the NFL owns America," Specter told Robbins that night, according to a transcript of their conversation. "They're addicted to pro football in a way they have never been addicted to baseball. Or heroin."

Hyperbolic much?

So, so many words and so much stupid nothing in the whole piece. Spector repeatedly goes to Kraft begging for money during and after his "investigation" and gets nothing. But we are to believe there was a call that went like this, Hi Arlen, DT here, Im calling on behalf of RK to bribe you. ESPN hears the claim and thinks wow, now that sounds really plausible, lets go to press! Oy

Users who are viewing this thread