What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Merged Spygate thread (2 Viewers)

Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:
Again I will ask you, do you believe there are ANY new facts in the article and that the OP was just trying to generate a healthy discussion? If your answer to both isn't no, then please elaborate.
the point about the helmet not cutting off at the appropriate time seemed new and interesting to me. seemed worthy of sharing, even if it's just a baseless rumor.

:shrug:
I agree. I'd never heard that allegation previous to reading this article.

It's all water under the bridge at this point, but that does change how I'd view that team if ever proven true.
Do you think they are the only ones to have this happen? How do you know it wasnt league wide?
I don't know either way on either question.

I don't even know if the allegation is true.

If it were ever proven true and since it allegedly was happening during the period of time they won multiple championships and as the only team punished as they were....it would definitely change the way I view that team.

Pretty nasty article from Boston: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/13/new-york-reporter-drums-up-spygate-in-anticipation-of-jets-patriots-game/

The story is a real doozy, as it borrows the strategy of your obsessive, Patriots-hating friend on Facebook who writes statuses that say, “Hmm … look at the way Roger Goodell and the NFL hardly investigated the Ray Rice domestic violence situation and tried to sweep it under the rug. This CONFIRMS that Goodell hid and DESTROYED the Spygate tapes because he KNEW that they exposed the CHEATING PATRIOTS for STEALING SUPER BOWLS and the league didn’t want to ruin its integrity. Wow Pats cheated and now I know it for sure. Pats = zero Super Bowls since getting caught LOL!”

These delusional folks always tend to forget the fact that Goodell played the tapes on a loop for the media at his press conference in 2007, that the ruling was rather thorough, and that all the Patriots did was point video cameras at people who were openly standing on a sideline.

One thing that is very important to know about Pats fans is we arent fans of NCAA football like many of your beloved fan bases. Football=Patriots so we are a passionate bunch.

I think that all these controversial twisting of the rules actually suks. It all most likely provided minimal if any gain but it does make me p.o.ed that it happened, bad PR.

But even with Spygate and Helmetgate and Clipboardgate and Irvin Fryer gate, I am a fan of a successful team and that's what some only dream of.

Pat's Nation is still strong and you can't change that. and it doesn't even hold a candle to Red Sox Nation.

For those of you too busy (or too smart) to read the article, here is a summary of the new allegation:

–The Patriots had a man on the sideline pointing a camera and recording the opposing team’s coaches.

–This information was (somehow) transmitted in real time from that camera (which, again, wasn’t connected to any live broadcast cable, but instead was just recording to tape) up to a booth, and Patriots coaches (magically) knew exactly what the signals meant, and in a matter of seconds, they were able to send this information directly into the helmet of Tom Brady to tell him how to beat the defense.

(But wait, you might ask, how did the Patriots get this information to Brady, considering the NFL shuts off the radio communication with 15 seconds left on the play clock? Wait no longer!)

–Ernie Adams, the sneaky, evil sidekick to Bill Belichick, had set up a super-secret radio signal, and through that he was able to talk directly to Brady whenever he wanted.

Or, to sum it all up in three words - NEW YORK POST.

Pretty nasty article from Boston: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/13/new-york-reporter-drums-up-spygate-in-anticipation-of-jets-patriots-game/

The story is a real doozy, as it borrows the strategy of your obsessive, Patriots-hating friend on Facebook who writes statuses that say, “Hmm … look at the way Roger Goodell and the NFL hardly investigated the Ray Rice domestic violence situation and tried to sweep it under the rug. This CONFIRMS that Goodell hid and DESTROYED the Spygate tapes because he KNEW that they exposed the CHEATING PATRIOTS for STEALING SUPER BOWLS and the league didn’t want to ruin its integrity. Wow Pats cheated and now I know it for sure. Pats = zero Super Bowls since getting caught LOL!”

These delusional folks always tend to forget the fact that Goodell played the tapes on a loop for the media at his press conference in 2007, that the ruling was rather thorough, and that all the Patriots did was point video cameras at people who were openly standing on a sideline.
I will file that for next year.

One thing that is very important to know about Pats fans is we arent fans of NCAA football like many of your beloved fan bases. Football=Patriots so we are a passionate bunch.

I think that all these controversial twisting of the rules actually suks. It all most likely provided minimal if any gain but it does make me p.o.ed that it happened, bad PR.

But even with Spygate and Helmetgate and Clipboardgate and Irvin Fryer gate, I am a fan of a successful team and that's what some only dream of.

Pat's Nation is still strong and you can't change that. and it doesn't even hold a candle to Red Sox Nation.
I didn't hear much of Pats nation before Brady came into town. :shrug: Hardly a peep.

For those of you too busy (or too smart) to read the article, here is a summary of the new allegation:

–The Patriots had a man on the sideline pointing a camera and recording the opposing team’s coaches.

–This information was (somehow) transmitted in real time from that camera (which, again, wasn’t connected to any live broadcast cable, but instead was just recording to tape) up to a booth, and Patriots coaches (magically) knew exactly what the signals meant, and in a matter of seconds, they were able to send this information directly into the helmet of Tom Brady to tell him how to beat the defense.

(But wait, you might ask, how did the Patriots get this information to Brady, considering the NFL shuts off the radio communication with 15 seconds left on the play clock? Wait no longer!)

–Ernie Adams, the sneaky, evil sidekick to Bill Belichick, had set up a super-secret radio signal, and through that he was able to talk directly to Brady whenever he wanted.

Or, to sum it all up in three words - NEW YORK POST.
Isn't the New York Post considered by most to be junk by even New York? Didn't they totally embarrass themselves during the Marathon Bombings? and almost everything else they "write"?

I didn't hear much of Pats nation before Brady came into town. :shrug: Hardly a peep.
It was pre-Kraft actually. Parcells/Bledsoe got us rolling.

this is one thing I love about the pats

they lose a couple games and it's the biggest story in the league

but win a couple games..................

we're not even halfway into the season and you can already smell the fear

:wub: :wub: :wub:
The one thing I hate about Pats fans....One person posts something stupid, not topical and irrelevant and Pats fans cry and whine and justify when no one cared in the first place except them.

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:
Again I will ask you, do you believe there are ANY new facts in the article and that the OP was just trying to generate a healthy discussion?

If your answer to both isn't no, then please elaborate.
the point about the helmet not cutting off at the appropriate time seemed new and interesting to me. seemed worthy of sharing, even if it's just a baseless rumor. :shrug:
I had never heard that rumor and find it interesting. Honestly, I never felt like spy-gate was all that big of a deal. To me, it feels like it's just barely over the line and it's something that I'd hope my teams coach was doing - if you aren't pushing the envelope, you aren't really trying. Frankly, I enjoy that Belicihick pushes the envelope, doing what he can to gain an edge.

The audio headset thing though - that's a big deal. Huge. Complete game-changer for me, if true. If the QB call the play, get under center, and be warned where the blitz is coming from, or what kind of coverage is called in real time - that's a tremendous advantage.
Until now, spygate has been fun material with which to abuse all too gullible Pats fans. Especially since some of us are fortunate enough to be fans of the team that denied them history.

However, IF true, these latest accusations really cut to the heart of gaining an utterly unfair advantage. And let's admit it - would anyone put it past Belicheat to do this? With some organizations it would be tough to imagine, but not here.

Oh, did I mention how easy it is to get Pats fans riled up by reminding them of opportunities forever lost?
With all due respect, shouldn't you Giants fans be hiding under a rock today?
Regarding this season? Absolutely. At least Eli's stinker got me a big fantasy win.

However, in those dark times as a fan, I just pop the soul crushing victory over the 18-0 Pats and a smile comes to my face. A crap game like yesterday comes and goes.

18-ONE will last forever.
I hope to God you're a teenager.

No way, the thing you hate about Pat's fans is they aren't Jets, Fins, Bills, Browns, Bengals, Lions, Falcons, Vikings fans whom we all admire for their tenacity.

Shrek said:
What a surprise. Everyone with "pats" in their name, everyone with a Patriot avatar, all the responses are the same. Some version of "Get over it." or "Everyone was doing it." lol. That's what I would say too if the evidence that my team was cheating was so overwhelming.
If by cheating you mean continuing to use video equipment rather than a notepad after goodell said stop using video equipment, its not even a matter of evidence. Its a given that that took place. Its a question of inferences. Was there anything about spygate that gave the pats an extraordinary advantage, how singular or how ordinary was their "cheating", and what does it say about the period from BB taking over until the goodell memo, and the period after that? Cowher, Parcells, Mariucci, and countless other coaches have literally laughed at the alleged singularity, advantage, and negative inference conclusions spewed forth from such reputable sources as Arlen Spector and Jets fans with for-hire statistics experts. So take your concerns about "spying" and telling the QB where to throw the ball in realtime, and file them away with zone blocking chop blocks, salary cap manipulation and all the other smears that have been levelled against other dynasties in the past. The dark lord and I have grown tired of your insolence.

Koya said:
Run It Up said:
Wake up see the thread is still going strong.

Good, gooood. Let the butthurt flow through you.
Exactly who's butt hurts here?
It's quite apparent you are. I'd be jealous of the Pats dynasty too if I was a Giants fan. The Patriots just keep on winning while your Giants just keep on choking.
I think you are in outright denial here. Do I need to state again how we schooled you twice in the SB and denied your (cheating) team a chance for utter history?

We may suck this year (and probably next), but no one can ever take away the fact that NE is our superbowl #####.

When you guys beat a 19-0 Giants team in the Super Bowl and then beat us AGAIN in the Super Bowl, I'll be jealous.
Denial? The Patriots have been the best football team in the NFL for 15 years and have won multiple Superbowls, multmultiple division titles, and made it to multiple AFC championships. Admit it dude, your just another jealous hater.

Koya said:
Run It Up said:

It's quite apparent you are. I'd be jealous of the Pats dynasty too if I was a Giants fan. The Patriots just keep on winning while your Giants just keep on choking.
I think you are in outright denial here. Do I need to state again how we schooled you twice in the SB and denied your (cheating) team a chance for utter history?

We may suck this year (and probably next), but no one can ever take away the fact that NE is our superbowl #####.

When you guys beat a 19-0 Giants team in the Super Bowl and then beat us AGAIN in the Super Bowl, I'll be jealous.
Denial? The Patriots have been the best football team in the NFL for 15 years and have won multiple Superbowls, multmultiple division titles, and made it to multiple AFC championships. Admit it dude, your just another jealous hater.
Are Pats fans trying to gain Urban Street Cred by calling anyone who isn't a Pats fan, haters?

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:
Again I will ask you, do you believe there are ANY new facts in the article and that the OP was just trying to generate a healthy discussion?

the point about the helmet not cutting off at the appropriate time seemed new and interesting to me. seemed worthy of sharing, even if it's just a baseless rumor. :shrug:
I had never heard that rumor and find it interesting. Honestly, I never felt like spy-gate was all that big of a deal. To me, it feels like it's just barely over the line and it's something that I'd hope my teams coach was doing - if you aren't pushing the envelope, you aren't really trying. Frankly, I enjoy that Belicihick pushes the envelope, doing what he can to gain an edge.

The audio headset thing though - that's a big deal. Huge. Complete game-changer for me, if true. If the QB call the play, get under center, and be warned where the blitz is coming from, or what kind of coverage is called in real time - that's a tremendous advantage.
Until now, spygate has been fun material with which to abuse all too gullible Pats fans. Especially since some of us are fortunate enough to be fans of the team that denied them history.

However, IF true, these latest accusations really cut to the heart of gaining an utterly unfair advantage. And let's admit it - would anyone put it past Belicheat to do this? With some organizations it would be tough to imagine, but not here.

Oh, did I mention how easy it is to get Pats fans riled up by reminding them of opportunities forever lost?
Regarding this season? Absolutely. At least Eli's stinker got me a big fantasy win.

However, in those dark times as a fan, I just pop the soul crushing victory over the 18-0 Pats and a smile comes to my face. A crap game like yesterday comes and goes.

You're 40?? Lol...

It'll last forever because no one will likely come close to having such a great record again. Peyton and the Broncos getting embarrassed last year was more of an upset and more likely to be remembered, considering the records they broke.

Jercules: some of us became Patriots haters because of insufferable Pats fans whose hubris seems to have no limits. Just look around this thread. We can't even have a mature debate about a serious claim.
Immaturity is suggesting that the "only" explanation for the Patriots incredible success SINCE Spygate is that they've continued cheating, which is exactly what O'Leary said back in 2012:You just cannot explain away all these statistical anomalies, OLeary said in a telephone interview this week. The only thing that makes sense is that the Patriots are still cheating, and its especially obvious to anyone with a brain who looks at the numbers that theyre still cheating at home. From this article: http://nypost.com/2012/10/21/book-stats-say-patriots-antics-havent-stopped-after-spygate/

That's not just immature, it's downright ignorant. Should the same logic be applied to the 2013 Broncos' statistical success, or the success of previous NFL dynasties?

Think what you want about the Patriots and Spygate, but the fact of the matter is they've been one of the most dominant teams in football since they stopped taping signals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird that you never see fans of real dynasties feel the need to rush in and defend any perceived slight against their team. Cowboys, Steelers and 49ers fans aren't nearly as self-conscious as Pats fans. It's like deep down they know there's something wrong with how things went down with Spygate.

Weird that you never see fans of real dynasties feel the need to rush in and defend any perceived slight against their team. Cowboys, Steelers and 49ers fans aren't nearly as self-conscious as Pats fans. It's like deep down they know there's something wrong with how things went down with Spygate.
Because they are too old to use the internet.

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

I hope to God you're a teenager.
At heart, maybe.

Jercules: some of us became Patriots haters because of insufferable Pats fans whose hubris seems to have no limits. Just look around this thread. We can't even have a mature debate about a serious claim.
Immaturity is suggesting that the "only" explanation for the Patriots incredible success SINCE Spygate is that they've continued cheating, which is exactly what O'Leary said back in 2012:You just cannot explain away all these statistical anomalies, OLeary said in a telephone interview this week. The only thing that makes sense is that the Patriots are still cheating, and its especially obvious to anyone with a brain who looks at the numbers that theyre still cheating at home. From this article: http://nypost.com/2012/10/21/book-stats-say-patriots-antics-havent-stopped-after-spygate/

That's not just immature, it's downright ignorant. Should the same logic be applied to the 2013 Broncos' statistical success, or the success of previous NFL dynasties?

Think what you want about the Patriots and Spygate, but the fact of the matter is they've been one of the most dominant teams in football since they stopped taping signals.
until recently 6 gimees vs the Bills, Jets and Dolphins

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...

It'll last forever because no one will likely come close to having such a great record again. Peyton and the Broncos getting embarrassed last year was more of an upset and more likely to be remembered, considering the records they broke.
41 and proud.

Seriously, you all protest too much. This is a nice time killer for me, because while it's silly fun, these accusations and the ribbing really seems to sting. The hair up-on end, defensive and overly sensitive reactions are gold.

So, Whats wrong with a lil i-schaudenfraude?

As to my maturity, or deliberate lack thereof, there are plenty of legit threads with sincere discussions where I 'act my age'

But here? The guilt riddled Pats defenders are just too damned tempting.

until recently 6 gimees vs the Bills, Jets and Dolphins
Since the implementation of the current 32-team NFL and associated schedule 12 seasons ago (not counting this year), here are the winning percentages for all 32 franchises counting ONLY out of division games:

NE 0.750IND 0.658PIT 0.596PHI 0.588ATL 0.588BAL 0.583DEN 0.575GB 0.567NO 0.567SD 0.550DAL 0.542TEN 0.533NYG 0.533CHI 0.517SEA 0.508NYJ 0.500CAR 0.492CIN 0.488MIA 0.475KC 0.467MIN 0.458WAS 0.450TB 0.450JAC 0.442HOU 0.442BUF 0.433SF 0.417ARI 0.400CLE 0.392STL 0.375OAK 0.333DET 0.333As an FYI, the Pats almost every season end up playing a harder schedule as a first place team, meaning they get to face 4 teams that won their division the season before (the other 3 AFC division winners and a division winner from the NFC).

For those that don't remember the NFL schedule, each team plays 6 divisional games, a complete division in their conference, a complete division from the other conference, and the teams that finished in the same place as they did from the other two divisions in their conference.

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...

41 and proud.

Seriously, you all protest too much. This is a nice time killer for me, because while it's silly fun, these accusations and the ribbing really seems to sting. The hair up on end defensive and overly sensitive reactions are gold.

As to my maturity, or deliberate lack thereof, there are plenty of legit threads with sincere discuss where I 'act my age'

Everyone is aware that this cheating BS becomes significant if enough people think it is significant. It's like politics: Just repeat a smear over and over, and sooner or later the truth doesn't even matter. Anyone who outlines the truth of the matter--not just what actually happened, but what competitive advantage it likely offered, which would've been minimal--is immediately branded a Pats homer because there's no reasonable interpretation of the truth that doesn't vindicate them.

And as for the people complaining "you can't have a reasonable discussion with Pats fans", i'd like to point out that this thread is titled "Pats' cheating ways went beyond just stealing signals". I mean, come on, you want to rag on the Pats, fine, but pretending there's nothing provocative at all about this thread?

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...

41 and proud.

Seriously, you all protest too much. This is a nice time killer for me, because while it's silly fun, these accusations and the ribbing really seems to sting. The hair up on end defensive and overly sensitive reactions are gold.

As to my maturity, or deliberate lack thereof, there are plenty of legit threads with sincere discuss where I 'act my age'

Everyone is aware that this cheating BS becomes significant if enough people think it is significant. It's like politics: Just repeat a smear over and over, and sooner or later the truth doesn't even matter. Anyone who outlines the truth of the matter--not just what actually happened, but what competitive advantage it likely offered, which would've been minimal--is immediately branded a Pats homer because there's no reasonable interpretation of the truth that doesn't vindicate them.

And as for the people complaining "you can't have a reasonable discussion with Pats fans", i'd like to point out that this thread is titled "Pats' cheating ways went beyond just stealing signals". I mean, come on, you want to rag on the Pats, fine, but pretending there's nothing provocative at all about this thread?
I think the better question is why, when reading a 'hating' thread do these incessant Pats defenders-at-all-costs come like moths to a flame?

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...

41 and proud.

It's like politics: Just repeat a smear over and over, and sooner or later the truth doesn't even matter.
No one cares what a million idiots think . . . until election day. The difference in football is that the general public doesn't vote anyone in to office, so pockets of fans can complain, but they don't have any sway in what the league does. Unlike the ADP situation, sponsors are not going to pull their advertising money from a ruling from 7 years ago involving videotaping dating back to more than 10 years ago. So the vocal minority may be loud, but the majority of people are over Spygate and have long since moved on (rightly or wrongly).

Koya said:
Run It Up said:

Are Pats fans trying to gain Urban Street Cred by calling anyone who isn't a Pats fan, haters?
Leave them be, they are so in their feelings.

The NFL has to realize that Spygate won't go away, they need to man up and us tell us what exactly the Pats did that was so different and terrible from the rest of the league.
Videotaping signals = illegal

The Patriots were reminded of it yet didn't stop.
source?
A memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: 'Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.'
Goodell referenced this when during a press conference about Matt Walsh:

Goodell said in his Matt Walsh press conference, "The rule is taping of offensive or defensive signals."
then why destroy the edvience instead of just locking it away? Clearly they were hiding something.

In this like any other thread like it, the Patriot fan antagonists tend to ignore when a Pats fan post anything strong and then attacks the lesser skilled or those that bite on the fishing.

And then the "haters" bash all Pats fans. A vicious circle of stupidity.

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...It'll last forever because no one will likely come close to having such a great record again. Peyton and the Broncos getting embarrassed last year was more of an upset and more likely to be remembered, considering the records they broke.
41 and proud.

Seriously, you all protest too much. This is a nice time killer for me, because while it's silly fun, these accusations and the ribbing really seems to sting. The hair up-on end, defensive and overly sensitive reactions are gold.

As to my maturity, or deliberate lack thereof, there are plenty of legit threads with sincere discussions where I 'act my age'

You're just making yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Haters gonna hate, amirite?

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...It'll last forever because no one will likely come close to having such a great record again. Peyton and the Broncos getting embarrassed last year was more of an upset and more likely to be remembered, considering the records they broke.
41 and proud.

You're just making yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Haters gonna hate, amirite?
Trust me, I've looked worse.

and been better for it.

In this like any other thread like it, the Patriot fan antagonists tend to ignore when a Pats fan post anything strong and then attacks the lesser skilled or those that bite on the fishing.

And then the "haters" bash all Pats fans. A vicious circle of stupidity.
Dont think anyone has bashed "all Pats fans"

Look, I even have friends who are Pats fans.

What I can't figure out is why everyone seems to hate the Pats and the fans? Having grown up in the Boston area, there were literally decades when they were one of the worst teams in the league. Yes they won superbowls but people really hate BB and Brady. Why exactly? I can understand if you are from another AFC East town or from Carolina, St. Louis or Philly, but the league-wide hate is puzzling. Ah well. I guess it is what is it. Haters gonna hate.
It's jealousy.

The Patriots are a contender every year. They have a genius coach and a HOF QB who ####s a supermodel and has a Hollywood actress as a baby-mama and throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs without breaking a sweat. They've won the division 11 of the last 13 years, most of those years with virtually no competition. They've made the playoffs 15 of the last 18 years.

Inevitably, when a team is really good, there are some fans who take it a little too far with the taunting. And when a team is really good for a really long time, those same certain fans can become insufferable. Like, you know, Yankees fans. ;)

What I can't figure out is why everyone seems to hate the Pats and the fans? Having grown up in the Boston area, there were literally decades when they were one of the worst teams in the league. Yes they won superbowls but people really hate BB and Brady. Why exactly? I can understand if you are from another AFC East town or from Carolina, St. Louis or Philly, but the league-wide hate is puzzling. Ah well. I guess it is what is it. Haters gonna hate.
It's jealousy.

The Patriots are a contender every year. They have a genius coach and a HOF QB who ####s a supermodel and has a Hollywood actress as a baby-mama and throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs without breaking a sweat. They've won the division 11 of the last 13 years, most of those years with virtually no competition. They've made the playoffs 15 of the last 18 years.

Inevitably, when a team is really good, there are some fans who take it a little too far with the taunting. And when a team is really good for a really long time, those same certain fans can become insufferable. Like, you know, Yankees fans. ;)
:no:

It's jealousy.

:goodposting:

I suffered as a Pats fan through decades of junk, and I for one don't care what you losers think. If you want to blame anyone for their success blame the other bad teams in the division. The Fins, Jets and Bills have given the Pats no competition for more than a decade. You hate the Pats? Focus on the main problem...the AFC East has been terrible.
Which is another black mark against their alleged greatness.
Wait what?

They have the best non-divisional record and the best post-season record of any team in the league during the Brady-Belichick era.

:mellow:

The NFL has to realize that Spygate won't go away, they need to man up and us tell us what exactly the Pats did that was so different and terrible from the rest of the league.
Videotaping signals = illegal

The Patriots were reminded of it yet didn't stop.
source?
A memo from Ray Anderson, NFL head of football operations, to head coaches and GMs on Sept. 6, 2006 said: 'Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.'
Goodell referenced this when during a press conference about Matt Walsh:

Goodell said in his Matt Walsh press conference, "The rule is taping of offensive or defensive signals."
then why destroy the edvience instead of just locking it away? Clearly they were hiding something.
The NFL was afraid people would watch the tapes and match them up to specific instances where the Patriots knew what defensive adjustment signaled.

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

A crap game like yesterday comes and goes.

C'mon man. Giving one of your SuperBowl wins a nickname referring to the Patriots' record just screams "obsessive".

Just a heads up - that doesn't look good.

And no, I'm not a Pats fan. I just couldn't bear watching you stab yourself with an irony knife without mentioning it.

If the Lions ever win a superbowl....whether they cheat or not, I'm going to remember to embace the haters.

As for now it's nice to be in a hate free zone.

BTW did you ever see how much beer those damn packers fans spill during the lambeau leap? :penalty:

Its a new york boston thing. We had to listen to "1918" for nearly a century. But at least none of the sawx shared a lucky thong.
You know what? I didn't even think of that. I should have.

It makes more sense now that he would label one of NY's SB wins as a dig on the Pats. And in a local rivalry like that, it's absolutely ok to do so. It's what makes rivalries fun.

Sorry bout that, Koya. I was wrong.

what started it all was the Tuck Rule, something never used before, or since.

Pats definitely cheated..if the NFL told them to burn the tapes, why didn't they also tell 31 other teams to do the same thing?

Pats got caught cheating again last year, in a game v. Jets, where they illegally lined up to block a FG - a penalty was called only because the Jets coaching staff alerted the refs beforehand..

BB is the dirtiest coach in NFL history.he's a cheat.

Brady's records , and the 3 SB wins, will always have an asterisk next to them..

CLEARLY Goodell is in Bob Kraft's pocket. who was the main guy going on the talk shows ( CBS morning show in particular) defending Goodell's handling of the Rice issue? Bob Kraft.

notice the Seahawks, Browns, Bears owners never said anything about it? Mara made some remarks, added his 2 cents, but it was all Bob Kraft..

I'll bet $$ that when Goodell disappeared for two weeks during the Rice fiasco, he was somewhere in the South Pacific,flown there aboard Krafts personal aircraft..

Pats fans can look the other way but they can't outrun the Cheating scandal - stop calling it spygate,call it what it was, 'cheating'..

and maybe coaches and players dont get involved because they dont want to be blacklisted from the NFL for speaking up..

what started it all was the Tuck Rule, something never used before, or since.

Pats definitely cheated..if the NFL told them to burn the tapes, why didn't they also tell 31 other teams to do the same thing?

Pats got caught cheating again last year, in a game v. Jets, where they illegally lined up to block a FG - a penalty was called only because the Jets coaching staff alerted the refs beforehand..

BB is the dirtiest coach in NFL history.he's a cheat.

Brady's records , and the 3 SB wins, will always have an asterisk next to them..

CLEARLY Goodell is in Bob Kraft's pocket. who was the main guy going on the talk shows ( CBS morning show in particular) defending Goodell's handling of the Rice issue? Bob Kraft.

notice the Seahawks, Browns, Bears owners never said anything about it? Mara made some remarks, added his 2 cents, but it was all Bob Kraft..

I'll bet $$ that when Goodell disappeared for two weeks during the Rice fiasco, he was somewhere in the South Pacific,flown there aboard Krafts personal aircraft..

Pats fans can look the other way but they can't outrun the Cheating scandal - stop calling it spygate,call it what it was, 'cheating'..

and maybe coaches and players dont get involved because they dont want to be blacklisted from the NFL for speaking up..
Well it's a well known fact sonny-jim that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentaverate. Who run everything in the world including the newspapers, & meet tri-annually in a secrect country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows.

(So who's in this Pentaverate?)

The Queen, the Getty's, the Rothschilds, the Vatican & Colonel Sanders before he went #### up. Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Oohhh!

(Dad, how can you hate the Colonel?)

Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smart ###!

moleculo said:
Aaron Rudnicki said:
NE_REVIVAL said:

You're 40?? Lol...

41 and proud.

Sadly, the mods don't see any problem with the nasty title and are actually surprised that Patriot fans would have any kind of a problem with it.

Maybe we need to start a new thread about obsessive Pats haters, not the op of this thread, but the hard core who seem to take great pleasure in dumping on the pats and incessantly try to rob any and all joy from being a pats fans. Let me make it clear, we wouldn't call out anyone in particular (so as not to offend anyone personally) and hopefully we could generate some good discussion about the subject. Nobody has to post in the thread that doesn't want to and we wouldn't name names. We could have an open discussion about what might really be bothering these people and what motivates them.

All we need is a catchy title that will generate a lot of good discussion; how about we call it something like "Pats haters general douchebaggyness continues unabated into 14th year"

Do you think it would be ok? :coffee:

It's jealousy.

call it what you want, The Pats have been a top money maker for the NFL for the past 8 or so yrs and they were doing something deemed illegal by the NFL during their successful dynasty. The NFL felt that what they found was so damaging to their image that they destroyed what they found to protect themselves and The Pats.

It so sleazy that a U.S. Senator publically called them out.

Its very similar to Ray Lewis, just as the Pats will always be accused of being cheaters Lewis will always be accused of murder by the fans until he tells us exactly what he did. The fact that he won't tell us makes us think that his hands are extremely dirty.

It's jealousy.

:no:
:shrug: I'm pretty jealous of them. I don't "hate" them or their fans, but it would be nice to see the Bills beat them once in awhile. Brady is 23-2 lifetime against the Bills, and the Patriots are 26-2 in their last 28 games against the Bills (23 Brady, 2 Cassel, 1 Bledsoe). The Bills have never won in Gillette, and the stadium has been open for 12 years now. I'm sick of watching the same blowouts over and over again. The Pats have won the division 11 times in the last 13 years, and the Bills haven't even made the playoffs once. Kinda tough to not be jealous of that team when they're in your division and usually beat you handily twice a year.

Sadly, the mods don't see any problem with the nasty title and are actually surprised that Patriot fans would have any kind of a problem with it.

Maybe we need to start a new thread about obsessive Pats haters, not the op of this thread, but the hard core who seem to take great pleasure in dumping on the pats and incessantly try to rob any and all joy from being a pats fans. Let me make it clear, we wouldn't call out anyone in particular (so as not to offend anyone personally) and hopefully we could generate some good discussion about the subject. Nobody has to post in the thread that doesn't want to and we wouldn't name names. We could have an open discussion about what might really be bothering these people and what motivates them.

All we need is a catchy title that will generate a lot of good discussion; how about we call it something like "Pats haters general douchebaggyness continues unabated into 14th year"

Do you think it would be ok? :coffee:
dude...you've been here since 2003. you should know the answer to this question: who does the term "whiny tool" refer to?

Pats fans, in all serious, no shtick - This thread is all about your reactions. There are some shady details in reality, but they could certainly be discussed in a rational manner.

However, as I mentioned before, the moths to a flame, overly sensitive reaction is so out of balance, that legit conversation becomes a silly game that is fed into by this incessant need to protect and brag and assume others are jealous.

Trust me, most of us are not jealous. Maybe some folks in the NFC East who keep getting beat down. Now, there is an "evil empire" feeling amongst the general fan base which is partly because of the success, but fueled moreso by BB's being a curt ####### and Pretty Boy Brady (jealousy certainly exists there for many, admitted or not) #####ing about not getting calls when he gets most of them and, of course, very legit concerns about not skirting the rules, but outright cheating.

However, please stop with the knee jerk reaction of "jealousy" and "haters" - I am neither. And I've explained why (been years since you've won, fortunate enough to root for a team that has won our last two SB matchups etc. But, when you jump to those reactions, it's simply too tempting to have fun with it. Yes, it's childish but damn, it's a fantasy football board. Have some sense of humor - not to mention a bit of context and maybe a BIT of a thicker skin.

Users who are viewing this thread