What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jarvis Landry. Anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

Yes. He is a definite add in Dynasty who may also carry redraft value this season. Not fast, but crafty. Knows how to get open and has great hands, despite a few drops this year. Very tough, willing to go over the middle. Looked very good vs GB last week. Could have been his come-out game. Another nice game today and he will cost you next week. I'd get him now. Wont ever be a WR1 in all likelihood, but will be a spot start this year, and maybe more in the future.

Bump.

Picking him up and playing him this week with Dez on bye. Anyone else like his outlook down the stretch? Seems to be heavily targeted in that offense.

I'm in for at least a week (Free Gordon).

Ten targets last week. Seems to have passed Hartline in the food chain. Perhaps most importantly is that the RBs are dinged and the running schedule is way tougher than the pass over the coming weeks.

Buf @Den @NYJ Bal @NE Min

5 or 6 for 70 for much of that stretch (starting tomorrow) would not surprise me.

Phins fan here... I wasn't thrilled with the selection of Landry as I'm a real 'measurables' guy, but I've been really impressed with him thus far. He's been very clutch, doing a lot of dirty work in the middle of the field, and he looks to me like he'll end up a very solid WR3 or low end WR2 in PPR leagues. He could be a real high volume guy in 2015 and beyond. As for the rest of this year, I think he'll still be a little inconsistent because MIA wants to spread the ball around, but I think he's got a decent 8ish point floor in PPR. My 2 cents.

plastik said:
Phins fan here... I wasn't thrilled with the selection of Landry as I'm a real 'measurables' guy, but I've been really impressed with him thus far. He's been very clutch, doing a lot of dirty work in the middle of the field, and he looks to me like he'll end up a very solid WR3 or low end WR2 in PPR leagues. He could be a real high volume guy in 2015 and beyond. As for the rest of this year, I think he'll still be a little inconsistent because MIA wants to spread the ball around, but I think he's got a decent 8ish point floor in PPR. My 2 cents.
I was impressed by him in the Lions game. Detroit has two good safeties who have some flexibility in Teryl Austin's system, but the rookie did a nice job finding space underneath. Not a burner but he runs crisp routes. 37 catches on 48 targets, only 2 drops, leads all 1st year WR in YAC - most of his catches are within 5 yards of the LOS. Never gets targeted deep, but seems like he'll consistently get 8-10 targets going forward, which will translate into 6-55-0 / 8-85-0 type weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread