What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (1 Viewer)

meatwad1

Footballguy
Trading Harvin was a panic move in my opinion. Management is not liking how this season is going so far, and they are looking a little jittery.

At 3-2, if the Hawks roll like everyone thinks they are going to, this thread will disappear into the night, but if the Rams pound them, as I am predicting, this thread can serve as a centerpiece of discussion on what not to do when trying to follow up a title.

I have learned not to doubt or question what Seahawk's management does.
Oh really? Trading a first, third and seventh round pick for Harvin knowing the baggage that he brought with him, signing him to a $64 million contract and then unloading him for a conditional fourth. Yeah, Seahawks' management is bullet proof.

I think it's still a pretty swank bus, at least. :shrug:

I do think it's worth keeping the radar up on team divisiveness issues. The raft of players that came forward to defend Harvin and rant about hating the trade -- considered in combination with the stories coming out about what a cancer he was -- says to me that this is an organization divided.

When that's the case, the point of division is usually a position of leadership. A key veteran, a HC, or a QB. Here, I'm keeping an eye on Wilson. Clearly beloved by the fans, media, and front office, I'm not sure he's got the total support of the SEA roster at this point. It feels like there are two distinct cultures living together on this team, and one of them is starting to feel like the victim of a witch hunt, and is starting to speak out.

Little more than speculation driven by circumstantial evidence at this point, and certainly not a point I'm going to argue in favor of. But something I'll be watching.

There are no wheels coming off. Sounds like that was starting to happen due to Harvin's attitude. Problem solved with the trade.

This team will go on to win its division and be a Super Bowl contender.

Trading Harvin was a panic move in my opinion. Management is not liking how this season is going so far, and they are looking a little jittery.

At 3-2, if the Hawks roll like everyone thinks they are going to, this thread will disappear into the night, but if the Rams pound them, as I am predicting, this thread can serve as a centerpiece of discussion on what not to do when trying to follow up a title.
:goodposting: Seahawks are done.

The City of Seattle starts weeping after tonight.

I still think the Seahawks have an outside shot at getting a wild card spot so I wouldn't just give up on the season just yet.

Rams pounding the Seahawks....hilarious.
You guys are both being idiots, but kudos to you for posting your opinion so you can sit in front of your computer just praying that you get to throw down an "I told you so".

Getting rid of a locker room cancer is pretty key to NOT screwing up another deep post season run.

I'm impressed that Seattle swallowed its pride at their bad deal and got rid of Harvin.

I have learned not to doubt or question what Seahawk's management does.
Oh really? Trading a first, third and seventh round pick for Harvin knowing the baggage that he brought with him, signing him to a $64 million contract and then unloading him for a conditional fourth. Yeah, Seahawks' management is bullet proof.
And that player paid off in the Super Bowl. Expensive price but they got what they wanted out of him and moved on.

Lol! Lots of crow looks to be eaten in this thread. If the game continues as is I want to sign up to your newsletter meatwad1.

Rams pounding the Seahawks....hilarious.
I agree, for the Rams fans. Rams still might find a way to give it away, but at least you were right about the Rams fans having a laugh for at least one half of play.

*A little too much bravado, imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I guess this is where the discussion begins in earnest. Looks to me that the Hawks are 3 -3 with the arrow pointed down.

Let us look at the rest of the schedule: It looks pretty easy on the surface, but do not forget that they are going to get everyones' best shot because of the insufferable fan arrogance. Next week at Carolina will be a battle because of the fragile nature of the team's psyche. If they lose that....all bets are off. You could possibly see the first time in NFL history when coaches are traded mid season with the Jets and the Hawks.

I think we are getting a bit too worried here. 3-3 is not the end of the world. They don't look like the "wheels are coming off". They just don't look dominant. They look like another good team in the NFL, and any team that looks good in Week 7 can potentially improve as the year goes on and be "great" by Week 17 heading into the playoffs.

I just saw a team unfocused today. Nothing falling off, that I could tell.

I think we are getting a bit too worried here. 3-3 is not the end of the world. They don't look like the "wheels are coming off". They just don't look dominant. They look like another good team in the NFL, and any team that looks good in Week 7 can potentially improve as the year goes on and be "great" by Week 17 heading into the playoffs.

3-3 isn't the end of the world....but it makes it that much harder for the NFC playoffs to run thru Seattle.....something every playoff team doesn't want to happen.

3-3 isn't the end of the world....but it makes it that much harder for the NFC playoffs to run thru Seattle.....something every playoff team doesn't want to happen.
Oh, I agree, Lips.

I just am not quite on board with the wheels-falling-off crowd. The Raiders have been in my team's division for years, so I've seen wheels-falling-off before. Seattle is NOT that.

But 'Zona is looking good in their division. Seattle is probably going to have to win on the road in the playoffs if they get there.

That's a nice win for the Rams, and a bad loss for SEA, but with all four ARZ/SF games still looming, this team can still define its season in a pretty major way. (As can ARZ and SF, of course.)

I took the pounded comment as meaning a blow out win.... but either way they lost.

Kudos to the Rams coaching staff for having the stones to call the fake punt.

I personally think the Seahawks win another title this year. As a Cowboy fan I'm just going to keep saying this...

Users who are viewing this thread