What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Seahawks 'Wheels Coming Off the Bus' thread (1 Viewer)

Sea is now 3-3, 0-1 in their division, 2 games back of first and the current 8 seed for the playoffs. Still very much in it because of the lack of divisional games played. It's an uphill battle at this point, though.

Take away the PEDs and all you've got is Russell Wilson, who is one of the best QBs in the game right now, but it's not enough to make another deep run.

Sea is now 3-3, 0-1 in their division, 2 games back of first and the current 8 seed for the playoffs. Still very much in it because of the lack of divisional games played. It's an uphill battle at this point, though.
lol

They've already played Denver, San Diego, Green Bay and Dallas already. It all comes down to divisional games as they have five of six left, three at home. Plus they get the Raiders, Giants at home and their only remaining east coast game is at Philadelphia. Arizona has a brutal road schedule and the 49ers are smoke and mirrors. It's an uphill battle if you think those two teams are better than you, and they just aren't.

lolThey've already played Denver, San Diego, Green Bay and Dallas already. It all comes down to divisional games as they have five of six left, three at home. Plus they get the Raiders, Giants at home and their only remaining east coast game is at Philadelphia. Arizona has a brutal road schedule and the 49ers are smoke and mirrors. It's an uphill battle if you think those two teams are better than you, and they just aren't.
So, like I said still very much in it because of the lack of divisional games played. Their division is pretty good, though. So being 2 games back of Arz with 5 games remaining vs. the division is an uphill battle. Arz has already played SD, Den and SF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams pounding the Seahawks....hilarious.
Update?
Packers still lacking.

Also you do realize you didn't log on as Meatwad right? Right? Or are all you Cheesehead hillbillies the same?
Somebody get their feelings hurt? Acting like a 9-year old school girl and resorting to calling names?
You seem to know a lot about adolescent girls and their habits. :oldunsure:

Update?
Packers still lacking.

Also you do realize you didn't log on as Meatwad right? Right? Or are all you Cheesehead hillbillies the same?
Somebody get their feelings hurt? Acting like a 9-year old school girl and resorting to calling names?

Update?
Packers still lacking.

Fellas, fellas...lets stop with all the arguing and name calling!!!

Let us get back to the topic at hand, which is how much deep poop the Hawks are in right now. Let me just throw this out there: if the Hawks lose next week at Carolina, do they fire Carroll? Or does he maybe resign, Bret Bielima style and bolt to go coach SMU or something?

I can tell you this....its mighty hard to steer a bus to the Super Bowl when three of the tires have been shot out and the bus captain is acting drunk. Do guys think they get past 8 wins?

I thought they played better today on offense and defense. Special teams let them down today and the offensive line is still a big concern but it's a little premature to write off their season.

They've played one division game, the 49ers are not rounding into form as many had thought before tonight and look to be every bit as vulnerable as SEA.

ARI is going to have to prove that they can win in the division and with a target on their back before I'm a believer.

I still think the Hawks win the division this year. For sure they've made it a bigger mountain to climb but this team has responded well when people start to doubt them.

:lmao:

and he bites again

time to call it a night son
How could you possibly think that is funny? Serious question.

This is like stuff people post on the CBS Sportsline forums.
Just giving you advice man. How can you possibly think anything you said in this thread was funny...or interesting...or anything more than you biting everything.

Just as you always talk about people biting on your trash?

Its ok to admit it man and just move on.

Your team is good...no need to act like the child you did in here because they lost a game and a few people were laughing about it.

and he bites again

Just giving you advice man. How can you possibly think anything you said in this thread was funny...or interesting...or anything more than you biting everything.

Your team is good...no need to act like the child you did in here because they lost a game and a few people were laughing about it.
I don't even know what this means, man.

and he bites again

What the hell is going on here?

Oh, sho nuff is biting ankles again.

and he bites again

Nah...laughing at a guy who has trolled these boards for a while getting trolled himself.

It was funny...

and he bites again

Nah...laughing at a guy who has trolled these boards for a while getting trolled himself.

It was funny...
Worry about your own damn team.

and he bites again

It was funny...
Worry about your own damn team.
My only mention of his team was telling him they were good.

INteresting though...since you chimed in.

Maybe you should worry about your team rather than what I had to say about the doc.

Well...I guess this is where the discussion begins in earnest. Looks to me that the Hawks are 3 -3 with the arrow pointed down.

Let us look at the rest of the schedule: It looks pretty easy on the surface, but do not forget that they are going to get everyones' best shot because of the insufferable fan arrogance. Next week at Carolina will be a battle because of the fragile nature of the team's psyche. If they lose that....all bets are off. You could possibly see the first time in NFL history when coaches are traded mid season with the Jets and the Hawks.
Is next week 'must win'?

Let us get back to the topic at hand, which is how much deep poop the Hawks are in right now. Let me just throw this out there: if the Hawks lose next week at Carolina, do they fire Carroll? Or does he maybe resign, Bret Bielima style and bolt to go coach SMU or something?

I can tell you this....its mighty hard to steer a bus to the Super Bowl when three of the tires have been shot out and the bus captain is acting drunk. Do guys think they get past 8 wins?
I can't believe you didn't get any bites on these posts. The subtlety was magnificent.

Well...I guess this is where the discussion begins in earnest. Looks to me that the Hawks are 3 -3 with the arrow pointed down.

Let us look at the rest of the schedule: It looks pretty easy on the surface, but do not forget that they are going to get everyones' best shot because of the insufferable fan arrogance. Next week at Carolina will be a battle because of the fragile nature of the team's psyche. If they lose that....all bets are off. You could possibly see the first time in NFL history when coaches are traded mid season with the Jets and the Hawks.
Is next week 'must win'?

I can't believe you didn't get any bites on these posts. The subtlety was magnificent.
I call trollbait. It's meatwad. Enough said.

Is next week 'must win'?

Are you certain?

Is next week 'must win'?

Are you certain?
Are some vets really like that here? :lol:

and he bites again

An ankle or two is probably a nice change of pace for him. Pillows have to get old after a while.

Where is the Scientist?

(or has that been discussed already)

I figure he can give the inside scoop.
I typically watch the games with friends so I don't post much on Sundays. Mental mistakes lost that games. The rams always play the hawks really tough so the loss was not all that shocking. They are 3-3 and have a ton of injuries they are dealing with. They are the most talented team in the NFL when healthy, and you really don't want to peak early so Im not all that concerned. They just need to finished 11-5 or 10-6 and I think they make the playoffs/win the division. Im not to concerned about Arizona. Im much more relaxed about it then some seahawk fans.

I was going to dig up an old thread on drafting the Seahawks defense early but just don't have time right now. In one of my money leagues I kept the Seahawks D for $3. I picked up the Bills for $1 a few weeks ago and dropped them. Last week I picked up the Colts D for $1. Seahawks D has been one of the worst in our scoring system. I'm ready to ship them off and go with the Colts for $1.

Take away the PEDs and all you've got is Russell Wilson, who is one of the best QBs in the game right now, but it's not enough to make another deep run.
This is how Peyton Manning's career went the first 10 years! Great QB, playoff flameout.
I really haven't seen much yet to suggest Wilson will be any kind of playoff underachiever. Granted, he didn't really need to show up for the SB, so there's still data to be mined, but he certainly didn't melt down on the biggest stage, either. :shrug:

I think Russ is a good reason for optimism, moving ahead, and I think they will (and should) lock him up long-term. But I'm not sure the surrounding roster is going to be (in combination) healthy and talented enough to get it done this year. That defense has real issues right now, and if they can't scratch up a pass rush from somewhere, those problems aren't going away.

Where is the Scientist?

(or has that been discussed already)

I figure he can give the inside scoop.
I typically watch the games with friends so I don't post much on Sundays. Mental mistakes lost that games. The rams always play the hawks really tough so the loss was not all that shocking. They are 3-3 and have a ton of injuries they are dealing with. They are the most talented team in the NFL when healthy, and you really don't want to peak early so Im not all that concerned. They just need to finished 11-5 or 10-6 and I think they make the playoffs/win the division. Im not to concerned about Arizona. Im much more relaxed about it then some seahawk fans.
This is pretty much it. I was not surprised that they lost, it's the way that it was lost that shocked me. Seattle's O-line is in shambles, starting LB, TE, FB are out, the backups are injured, and Seattle is playing there 5th string CB. All of those players will be healthy for the games that matter. Divisions are won in Nov/Dec...not early October.

I see Seattle going 3-1 in the next 4 games. This team will be fine. The great news, Seattle played better with Harvin gone.

ETA: Pass rush is horrible.

I was going to dig up an old thread on drafting the Seahawks defense early but just don't have time right now. In one of my money leagues I kept the Seahawks D for $3. I picked up the Bills for $1 a few weeks ago and dropped them. Last week I picked up the Colts D for $1. Seahawks D has been one of the worst in our scoring system. I'm ready to ship them off and go with the Colts for $1.
Nice to see someone trying to steer this thread away from all of the nonsense and put the focus on what's really important.

:thumbup:

Wilson and the Seahawks have a 10-9 record on the road since he took over as starter (and another win and a loss in the post season in road games). Essentially they are a .500 team playing away from home. If they win at the same rate they have been in both home and road games, they would still win 10 or 11 games this year. That being said, their schedule is not doing them any favors as they still have to play at CAR, KC, SF, PHI, and ARI.

Way too early to say that the wheels are falling off. 5 out of their last 6 games are division matchups so they may very well be in a position to control their destiny. Quite honestly, this is a league where the winning teams are generally the ones with good QBs and Seattle has the best one in the division. That alone should automatically make them a strong contender to win the division regardless of how the rest of the team performs. As long as Wilson is the QB, this team will perennially be a playoff contender (just like NE, Denver, Indy, GB, New Orleans, etc....).

This is how Peyton Manning's career went the first 10 years! Great QB, playoff flameout.
I really haven't seen much yet to suggest Wilson will be any kind of playoff underachiever. Granted, he didn't really need to show up for the SB, so there's still data to be mined, but he certainly didn't melt down on the biggest stage, either. :shrug: I think Russ is a good reason for optimism, moving ahead, and I think they will (and should) lock him up long-term. But I'm not sure the surrounding roster is going to be (in combination) healthy and talented enough to get it done this year. That defense has real issues right now, and if they can't scratch up a pass rush from somewhere, those problems aren't going away.
I'll take incoherent non sequiturs for $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread