What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

igbomb

Footballguy
Thread for the Supercell (makers of Clash of Clans) game Boom Beach.

Boom Beach wiki

This week Boom Beach has introduced their equivalent of clan wars. You can now join a Task Force and take on large NPC bases for loot.

We have established a Task Force for fbgs titled, appropriately, fbg1

Feel free to come on over. All levels welcome. Everyone can contribute in attacks. Just use the password.

Task Force Summary:

• Group of players with a chat window like CoC
  • Must have level 6 HQ to join
  • Players collect intel through attacking/defending against bases on their map. Intel is used to kick off Operations
  • In Operations, each player gets one attack against the enemy bases. Goal is to destroy all bases
  • Damage from players' attack is cumulative in Operations. Any defenses you destroy will still be gone for next attacker who follows.
fbg1 Task Force strategy:

• Kick off Operation each day that we have enough intel between 7 and 8 PM EST
  • Always select lowest Operation we have yet to successfully complete
  • No repeats of Ops we have completed
  • No skipping ahead (didn't work so well for us last time)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Love this game. Have become obsessed with it over the last five weeks. I think I'm up to level 23 with a lvl 10 or 11 HQ. Such a cool time waster.

Up until task forces, I pretty much played once per day, which consisted of collecting resources, and raiding one time only if I needed resources for an upgrade. Since the task force feature was launched, in an effort to collect intel I have completely cleared my map and even have all resource bases controlled. Now I'm bored.....

I'm with Dickies, save for the ability to level my entire map. I have radar level 12 with only one fog section to lift. No way I can take all the bases let alone keep them.

Resource bases owned:

6 wood

3 stone

1 iron

There's probably 2-4 of each available to take

I've yet to find warriors useful ever. Yeah they're quick, but it seems everything takes them out.

How the heck do you take down the boom blitz ones with like 12 boom cannons?

So really, I'm bad at this game. I can handle the non-user islands obviously, but I often cannot take down the multi-player targets.

I've got a level 12 HQ. What are people rolling with mostly in this range? Heavy/Zooka? How many of each?

I did all rilfeman for the longest time but that starts getting iffy I think.

I've yet to find warriors useful ever. Yeah they're quick, but it seems everything takes them out.
I'm just the opposite, I use nothing but warriors. Use shock bombs as they mow over defenses, or if it's a straight shot, will use smoke bombs and run them right at the HQ.

That said, I run 30 warriors, and probably max out on any bases that are ranked 34 or higher.

I'm just the opposite, I use nothing but warriors. Use shock bombs as they mow over defenses, or if it's a straight shot, will use smoke bombs and run them right at the HQ.

That said, I run 30 warriors, and probably max out on any bases that are ranked 34 or higher.
:goodposting:

You sound more advanced than me, but I've found that if you know how to move and support warriors, they're devastating. I love that they regen when they're inflicting damage. That means you have to keep them busy.

Study the base, strategically destroy a defensive structure or two before the battle with shells, and then turn them loose using lots of flares and shock bombs to guide and protect them while bypassing defense buildings that are out of range of the HQ.

So really, I'm bad at this game. I can handle the non-user islands obviously, but I often cannot take down the multi-player targets.

I've got a level 12 HQ. What are people rolling with mostly in this range? Heavy/Zooka? How many of each?

at hq11 i typically go 3 boats of heavy and 2 boats for zooka. all warriors work well if I am able to take out the canons before dropping them in. i see people come in with tanks to attack my village, but i haven't found that to be any more successful than these setups and it takes longer to build.

at hq11 i typically go 3 boats of heavy and 2 boats for zooka. all warriors work well if I am able to take out the canons before dropping them in. i see people come in with tanks to attack my village, but i haven't found that to be any more successful than these setups and it takes longer to build.
Zookas tend to trail behind the other forces which means that they get decimated by the rocket launchers which always hit behind the front line troops if they're moving. So frustrating. Mortars can have this effect too.

I switched from Heavies and Zookas (with a boatload of Soldiers thrown in for gun fodder) to Warriors simply because their speed allows them to outrun rocket and mortar shots and they're in the front line anyway, and also have more HP's than Zookas do.

Zookas tend to trail behind the other forces which means that they get decimated by the rocket launchers which always hit behind the front line troops if they're moving. So frustrating. Mortars can have this effect too.

I switched from Heavies and Zookas (with a boatload of Soldiers thrown in for gun fodder) to Warriors simply because their speed allows them to outrun rocket and mortar shots and they're in the front line anyway, and also have more HP's than Zookas do.
drop the heavies first and let them work their way in before dropping the zookas. Once the mortars and rockets target the heavies, they'll stay on the heavies as long as they stay alive. I think these are single target though with aoe damage, so keeping the heavies healed will be required in this strategy. Also, when using this set and u decide to use flares, the flares should be dropped where you want the zookas to position themselves and let the heavies work their way to the target from there. otherwise zookas will be standing too close to the heavies and take aoe damage.

I'm going to lay out a general strategy in the first post. If you don't like it, then raise your hand so I can boot you.

drop the heavies first and let them work their way in before dropping the zookas. Once the mortars and rockets target the heavies, they'll stay on the heavies as long as they stay alive. I think these are single target though with aoe damage, so keeping the heavies healed will be required in this strategy. Also, when using this set and u decide to use flares, the flares should be dropped where you want the zookas to position themselves and let the heavies work their way to the target from there. otherwise zookas will be standing too close to the heavies and take aoe damage.
I was doing that very thing, but the problem with the heavies is that they move slowly and their damage/second is low. That means they're usually strolling through no man's land taking damage before they stand in front of the launcher for even more time taking damage as they're trying to destroy it.

Also, if you can't blow up the rocket launchers (which tends to be my determining factor in whether to release the zookas, and yet the cannon and the sniper towers are the targets that usually deal the most damage/second), the heavies have to walk all the way to the back of the map where the launchers are located in order to clear the way, taking damage all the way, and God help you if you have flame throwers and boom cannon picking them off as they're walking/shooting. It'll be over fast.

It's not been working out too well of late, which is why I switched tactics.

I'm not the only dummy shocking my own troops when I mean to heal, right? :doh:
lol, took me a few days to realize using the shock actually shock my troops too so I think I'm worse.
Well that's good to know.
Yeah I didn't realize that either, lol. Probably rare that they're in the shock range anyway but still.

My favorite is when I have the flare selected and I accidentally touch the screen somewhere and just send my whole army stumbling across the map, getting decimated.

Only reason I knew that was because in the opening pages it says "the shock bomb will shock your troops too". That said, I want a shock launcher real bad. Watching it eat up a warrior rush is awesome!

Just got smoke screens. WTH do I do with these. I've launched them at base defenses and they still pick my guys apart.

Thought I read they were like shock in that they'd disable both friendlies and foes within its area.

Just got smoke screens. WTH do I do with these. I've launched them at base defenses and they still pick my guys apart.

Thought I read they were like shock in that they'd disable both friendlies and foes within its area.
The shock is for their troops. The smoke is for yours. Drop the smoke and then use a flare to walk them through it.

i also only am using warriors now, but in the lower levels, maybe til around the mid 30s, the heavy/zooka strategy works the best

I just switched back to all riflemen. It's pretty decent. All of the slow, heavy hitting single target guns are basically harmless against 90 riflemen. Just have to avoid/shock/rocket the AOE stuff first.

At level 38, if I get beat, it's by a very patient and strategic tank attack.

The great thing now is that I'm seeing my base scouted 5 or 6 times a day, without an attack. The benefit of not rushing your HQ and maxing out defenses as you go.

My next step is to max out my boat capacity and settle on a better army than just warriors.

The great thing now is that I'm seeing my base scouted 5 or 6 times a day, without an attack. The benefit of not rushing your HQ and maxing out defenses as you go.

My next step is to max out my boat capacity and settle on a better army than just warriors.
I'm at level 24, which I've raced to over the last 7-10 days from level 18. Before that I'd stagnated in the teens as I built up my infrastructure. I think I'm at that phase again where I need to attack less and build up more as I'm getting raided more frequently now.

Still think it's better to rush HQ, but short of dumping massive amounts of diamonds, I never have a clue how to amass those resource levels.

I have a lvl 1 iron mine and it's pretty much impossible to collect/raid for enough iron to do the upgrades. I always pay for them with diamonds.

Still think it's better to rush HQ, but short of dumping massive amounts of diamonds, I never have a clue how to amass those resource levels.
statues

I hate the matchmaking. I have about 15 player bases on my map and don't think I can beat a single one. The fact that there are so many should eventually lower my matchmaking score and give me some targets I can beat but I haven't seen it yet.

So I just sit here and let resources accumulate so I can upgrade my base.

But since matchmaking has nothing to do with your HQ level or experience level, why would I not rush ahead?

I hate the matchmaking. I have about 15 player bases on my map and don't think I can beat a single one. The fact that there are so many should eventually lower my matchmaking score and give me some targets I can beat but I haven't seen it yet.

So I just sit here and let resources accumulate so I can upgrade my base.

But since matchmaking has nothing to do with your HQ level or experience level, why would I not rush ahead?
Funny I was on today and started clicking on some of the bases that I considered doable, they were in the 31-34 range. So I look at a few and realize there is no way they are in that range and exit to watch the numbers go from 32 to 37 or 39. Guess i should look at them more often

Oh, I have no idea how to use tanks. That is all.
Most of my attacks use 9 level 5 tanks. The only things that hurt tanks are the boom canons, canons and surprisingly the sniper towers. If you can take those out, or avoid them, the tanks survive forever.

I really like that in this game (vs COC) the troops are returned to you if they are not killed. I can knock out 5 - 6 bases without costing me anything.

statues
what level is everyone's sculptor? Mine's at 3. Are you getting enough crystals to make statues? I have a buttload of fragments but those don't seem to make very good statues.

statues
what level is everyone's sculptor? Mine's at 3. Are you getting enough crystals to make statues? I have a buttload of fragments but those don't seem to make very good statues.
I'm in the same bhote. I can produce Guardian statues but no Masterpieces yet. Up until last night I had completely ignored statues, advice from the crew has changed my demeanor regarding them.

So how the hell do we get crystals to make the good statues??
Submarines and reclaiming the bad statues

Sculptor is level 5 and is priority #1 to upgrade when available. Even bad statues are just free stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread