Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Boom Beach ***Official Thread***

Anyone know if the parts I'm taking off Gearheart right now will be in my inventory when I build the lab?

Also, can you remove one of those fancy weapons lab things before it's clock is up? Perhaps I'd only use it when going for a big upgrade, and deconstruct it when done.

Yes, you can remove it early but you get no refund of resources or anything.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say "rushing" HQs doesn't mean spending diamonds, but I think you can upgrade HQs without maxing out all of your other buildings, which goes against what most do in Clash Of Clans. It's what I

Should be a breeze EY, I found Everspark up near war factory spot. Nothing required.

Listen. Defense in the game is broken. That's just a fact. You can't build a base to defend against all invading types. When you try to defend against tanks, you're gonna be weak against warriors

Anyone know if the parts I'm taking off Gearheart right now will be in my inventory when I build the lab?

Also, can you remove one of those fancy weapons lab things before it's clock is up? Perhaps I'd only use it when going for a big upgrade, and deconstruct it when done.

Yes, you can remove it early but you get no refund of resources or anything.

Just beach it, or put it in a far corner if you want to encourage attacks before it's clock is up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea of what it'll cost me to buy 500k stone?

Looking at my HQ18 upgrade I thought the 1.4m Iron would be the tough part...but I'm sitting on 800k iron and 800k wood (and 500 gems)..with almost no stone. Will level up tonight to the point that I can start the upgrade tomorrow IF I have the resources...but not sure I can obtain more than 1.5m stone in that time.

Building a shock blaster now to help hold on to that Iron...thinking I might have to combine both Terror days here and hope I can defend the ol' base.

Previously on a terror day I've had no problem getting about 1m wood and 1m stone (boosting both my RR guardians gets me to 88% RR)...but I might have to come up with 1.5m wood and 1.9m stone.

Looking at my HQ18 upgrade I thought the 1.4m Iron would be the tough part...but I'm sitting on 800k iron and 800k wood (and 500 gems)..with almost no stone. Will level up tonight to the point that I can start the upgrade tomorrow IF I have the resources...but not sure I can obtain more than 1.5m stone in that time.

Building a shock blaster now to help hold on to that Iron...thinking I might have to combine both Terror days here and hope I can defend the ol' base.

Previously on a terror day I've had no problem getting about 1m wood and 1m stone (boosting both my RR guardians gets me to 88% RR)...but I might have to come up with 1.5m wood and 1.9m stone.

send a sub diving. Raid some other villages while your RR statues are boosted.build some other non-stone stuff ( not sure what that would be) while you let your stone stockpile increase.

send a sub diving. Raid some other villages while your RR statues are boosted.build some other non-stone stuff ( not sure what that would be) while you let your stone stockpile increase.

All part of the plan, have just never needed to raid more than 1m stone in a killing spree and I might have to come up with almost twice that.

Hopefully when I start searching for new opponents to replace the ones with terrible rewards I'll find some big targets. I'm in the 340 medal range though and 1/2 my targets have weapons lab things that make it tough to make it out without losing several troops (and thus wasting boost times).

Anyone discovered a good time to scout player bases? Seems like there should be ideal times based on events (people planning for terror) and screen name (best to scout someone in middle of their night?)

Couldn't defend against Hammerman today :kicksrock:

Lost my first attempt. Waiting for a prototype to finish building to take my other shots.

I got it, but it was close.

I went to get the front door when he was knocking but in my haste to kick his ### I managed to overwrite instead of load the base I use to defend against him. Have to rebuild it tonight :rant:

Couldn't defend against Hammerman today :kicksrock:

Lost my first attempt. Waiting for a prototype to finish building to take my other shots.

Failed all 3 attempts today as well. Actually nice to see since last weeks was ridiculously easy and was my first shot at him.

I assume so, but not positive. I defended on my second shot. Had a level 2 shock blaster come on line so that helped. I moved my boom mines around to the right side of my beach where the first wave unloaded (heavies first) but then they unloaded on the left side for the second attempt. :wall: Didn't matter, but I thought they used the same pattern each time.

I didn't have an issue with him today. I normally struggle or eeek out a win. I still had about half my defenses. Experimntal weapon (the stun mahine gun one) really helps. Had that single target one that took FOREVER to reload. Damn thing almost isn't worth it. Thinking maybe having that one set back a bit (behind HQ) to snipe the few that squeek through is the key on that one.

Anyone have a base that's stood up well against others attacks in MP? A good warrior attacker still steamrolls me every bleepin time, as does the occassional tank/grenadier guy (which seem to be polar opposite- you'd think I'd be good at one).

Shock blaster is definitely the best for Hammerman. I've got the doom cannon right now. Great against tank attacks, but that's about it.

Shock blaster is definitely the best for Hammerman. I've got the doom cannon right now. Great against tank attacks, but that's about it.

Yep, I love the shock blaster. The lazer beam ain't bad either against hammerman. It's like a hot knife through butter when a hoard of riflemen come ashore.

I didn't have an issue with him today. I normally struggle or eeek out a win. I still had about half my defenses. Experimntal weapon (the stun mahine gun one) really helps. Had that single target one that took FOREVER to reload. Damn thing almost isn't worth it. Thinking maybe having that one set back a bit (behind HQ) to snipe the few that squeek through is the key on that one.

Anyone have a base that's stood up well against others attacks in MP? A good warrior attacker still steamrolls me every bleepin time, as does the occassional tank/grenadier guy (which seem to be polar opposite- you'd think I'd be good at one).

The tough thing about MP is that you never know what the attacker is going to bring.

My default base is one that crowds the beach with my HQ positioned in the mid-back area. Hookas don't stand a chance but grenadiers-medic combo have a bit more success. Now that I'm HQ17, I hope my shock launcher can hold them off.

To fend off warriors, I put my mines in the very front and place my boom mines in the middle lane where warriors normally come down. I haven't been wrecked by warriors since I did this so maybe it works as a deterrent.

If you have a competent warrior attacker, your base is gonna get rolled. Haven't figured out a good setup yet to defend them. Odin, visit my base if you want to see my setup, only thing it doesn't hold up to is warriors ;)

If you have a competent warrior attacker, your base is gonna get rolled. Haven't figured out a good setup yet to defend them. Odin, visit my base if you want to see my setup, only thing it doesn't hold up to is warriors ;)

you can make it extremely tough, but for an attacker with enough gun boat energy, it's tough to make it impossible

Much ado about nothing. Took down 22 bases in an hour (4 terrors, 9 CPUs, and 9 player bases) which got me 13 gems worth of stones shy. Could certainly have done another player base...but am going to be sitting with a ton of iron and wood while this build is happening.

The answer to my initial question though was about 250 gems (to buy 500k stone). At one point I had all other resources and was about 490k stone short.

Edited by jason12vb

Much ado about nothing. Took down 22 bases in an hour (4 terrors, 9 CPUs, and 9 player bases) which got me 13 gems worth of stones shy. Could certainly have done another player base...but am going to be sitting with a ton of iron and wood while this build is happening.

The answer to my initial question though was about 250 gems (to buy 500k stone). At one point I had all other resources and was about 490k stone short.

I'm going to assume all warrior raiding due to rebuild times. That's impressive.

I'm going to assume all warrior raiding due to rebuild times. That's impressive.

Nope, I'm a Hooka+Medic guy. Boosted both my weak Red MPs and went to town (considered GBE too...but didn't want to spend 5 powders on one upgrade). Spent about 40 gems on retraining troops at the end because I needed to get to work. Small price to pay though considering I had almost 500 saved up and was willing to spend on resources to start this if need be. The nice thing is I've still got them for the sculptor upgrade if needed...which won't be much harder than this one.

I fight the toughest target first then do the gim'me terror bases and CPU bases I don't lose any guys on while troops are retraining. (like Ascetic and Objective II) Once they are close to done retraining I'll pick back up on the mediocre player/CPU bases I'll lose between 2-8 guys. Each time going back to train and pick up trained troops...if I get low on troops, I'll mix in the weak Player or CPU base I know I won't lose more than a guy or two.

How high are you guys upgradigng your landing crafts?

I have 4 at lvl 16 (heavies and medics), and 3 at lvl 18 (zookas). I pretty much need to do 2 lvls at a time for them to have any value at all since I don't use riflemen.

How high are you guys upgradigng your landing crafts?

I have 4 at lvl 16 (heavies and medics), and 3 at lvl 18 (zookas). I pretty much need to do 2 lvls at a time for them to have any value at all since I don't use riflemen.

in process of getting all of them to 18, and then will go to 20. right now I have 1 @ 16, 2 @ 17, and 4 @ 18.

**not actually level - more like capacity. A level 12 boat has capacity of 16...I think that's what you mean.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone feels like they are plateauing....I read something somewhere that resonated with me and has made a world of difference.

In order to be successful and progress quickly in this game you cannot be balanced. You can't generate resources, defend your base, attack with power, and get extra resources from those attacks. Split your statues up and you're bound for mediocrity. Make a choice, either decide you want to generate resources and protect your base to do your upgrades, or focus on raiding for everything you need and don't worry about generation and protection.

My first MP I ever build was a 23% all resource generation...2% from the best possible. I thought I had it good at first and was hesitant to give it, but replacing it with a the worst possible Resource rewards MP (24%) has leapfrogged me.

Lately (I'm level 45 at medal count 410) the game has been more fun than ever. Since I'm not worried about protecting resources and waiting for my farms to come though, I can attack all I want. Even seem to be spending my collected gems on finishing builds early so I can start something new...or training troops faster during my raiding periods. We'll see how I feel now that player bases are adding that 3rd RL and 2nd shock cannon though.

On the flip side, I think you can be successful if you get geeked out about defense as well...just need to load up on the blues and greens and not be so worried about offence and raiding. Though the lack of raiding will limit your crystal farming.

If anyone feels like they are plateauing....I read something somewhere that resonated with me and has made a world of difference.

In order to be successful and progress quickly in this game you cannot be balanced. You can't generate resources, defend your base, attack with power, and get extra resources from those attacks. Split your statues up and you're bound for mediocrity. Make a choice, either decide you want to generate resources and protect your base to do your upgrades, or focus on raiding for everything you need and don't worry about generation and protection.

My first MP I ever build was a 23% all resource generation...2% from the best possible. I thought I had it good at first and was hesitant to give it, but replacing it with a the worst possible Resource rewards MP (24%) has leapfrogged me.

Lately (I'm level 45 at medal count 410) the game has been more fun than ever. Since I'm not worried about protecting resources and waiting for my farms to come though, I can attack all I want. Even seem to be spending my collected gems on finishing builds early so I can start something new...or training troops faster during my raiding periods. We'll see how I feel now that player bases are adding that 3rd RL and 2nd shock cannon though.

On the flip side, I think you can be successful if you get geeked out about defense as well...just need to load up on the blues and greens and not be so worried about offence and raiding. Though the lack of raiding will limit your crystal farming.

there is some truth to this - you've got to have a focused strategy, and align your statues accordingly.

My first purple masterpiece was a high resource rewards - 44%. Once I got that, I decided I should be all offense and not to waste resources on defenses - not too much, anyways. However, I still focus on keeping my medal count low - that's really what helps my defense.

i'm currently level 44, with 213 VP. I just started building HQ18.

Here is my general strategy (for now):

1. keep VP relatively low. This is is for HQ and resource base defense. Most players at my VP level are exp 34-38 - my base defense includes 2 rocket launchers and a shock launcher - that's more than most guys at my VP level are accustomed to seeing.
  2. own all resources bases. I scout and own as many as I can. I keep my radar upgraded to find new resources bases as possible, and I hold them by having a stronger army than most guys at my VP level.
  3. keep army as advanced as possible. If my base gets raided, I know I have the ability to raid more and get it back. Strong armory, high boats.
  4. attack Dr Terror every time, boost as necessary. With my RR statues, I get a hell of a lot of resources from Dr Terror. Today I got 499k wood, 332k stone, and 166k iron. Dr terror is lots of resources that don't make your VP go up.
  5. don't worry about base defense upgrades as I don't get attacked very often.
  6. rush HQ, vault, and sculptor.

this strategy works well for me and my base seems to be pretty busy. There isn't a whole lot of downtime while I save up for things. I do lots of attacking resrource bases, Dr Terror and operations; that's generally enough to keep me interested.

At some point, things will get too expensive. I know this, and I will have to start attacking player bases more often. When that happens, my VP will rise and I will be attacked more. At that point, I will trade in some statues for ice MP's and upgrade everything...haven't needed to do that yet; I'm assuming the transition will happen some time before HQ19 though.

I'm mostly defense, and raid only to clear easy bases off my map. As a result I feel my medal count (~365) is a tad high.

Of course, I also do as many Dr. Terror, Gearhart and operations as I can while boosting my resource reward MP.

47/370. HQ 17, armory at lvl 15 (does the armory level at the same pace as HQ- meaning I have two to go, or is it one behind- please say one behind). Upgrade my defenses as much as I possibly can, but have at least one level of upgrades for everything.

Recently maxed out Hooka and artillary. All statues are offense driven. Try to occupy as many resource bases as possible, and clear the board of the easier bases, which usually ends up in riding the medal count a little too high, get pounded a few (a lot) times, then start again. Haven't messed with the past couple gearharts as the buy in cost is a little steep.

At some point, things will get too expensive. I know this, and I will have to start attacking player bases more often. When that happens, my VP will rise and I will be attacked more. At that point, I will trade in some statues for ice MP's and upgrade everything...haven't needed to do that yet; I'm assuming the transition will happen some time before HQ19 though.

Wow, that's a ridiculously low medal count for that level!

As someone comparable to your level though it might help you to know that even at twice your medal count, I'm having no problems doing expensive upgrades. As you start getting matched with people who have more medals, you will also find that they're holding more resources. I've got 2 RR Guardians and 1 crappy MP...boosting just the MP puts me at +93% RRs and it's not uncommon of me to take 550k gold, 450k wood, 300k stone, and 150k iron from a single battle (would say a normal battle would be something like 400k gold, 225k wood, 140k stone, and 80k iron)

Are you in a task force? I can't imagine you are collecting much intel at all if you are.

Would be interesting to know when you started playing and if you've spent any money on this at all. (I started in Feb and put $5 in after day one to catch up to a friend that started the week before me).

47/370. HQ 17, armory at lvl 15 (does the armory level at the same pace as HQ- meaning I have two to go, or is it one behind- please say one behind). Upgrade my defenses as much as I possibly can, but have at least one level of upgrades for everything.

Recently maxed out Hooka and artillary. All statues are offense driven. Try to occupy as many resource bases as possible, and clear the board of the easier bases, which usually ends up in riding the medal count a little too high, get pounded a few (a lot) times, then start again. Haven't messed with the past couple gearharts as the buy in cost is a little steep.

Max Armory level = current HQ level.

http://boombeach.wikia.com/wiki/Armory

If at level 47 Gearheart is too expensive for you, then I think you need to revisit your strategy. I'm at level 45 (410 medals, HQ18, armory 17, radar 18)...and I'm often sitting with 1m+ gold and have nothing to do with it while troop upgrades are going (I have no green statues). Is your radar low? The more islands you free the more gold each of them send you.

Wow, that's a ridiculously low medal count for that level!

As someone comparable to your level though it might help you to know that even at twice your medal count, I'm having no problems doing expensive upgrades. As you start getting matched with people who have more medals, you will also find that they're holding more resources. I've got 2 RR Guardians and 1 crappy MP...boosting just the MP puts me at +93% RRs and it's not uncommon of me to take 550k gold, 450k wood, 300k stone, and 150k iron from a single battle (would say a normal battle would be something like 400k gold, 225k wood, 140k stone, and 80k iron)

Are you in a task force? I can't imagine you are collecting much intel at all if you are.

Would be interesting to know when you started playing and if you've spent any money on this at all. (I started in Feb and put $5 in after day one to catch up to a friend that started the week before me).

I am in the FBG task force. We have 25 or so members - don't typically have a problem with having enough intel. our problem is getting enough people to participate in operations to take them all down...we typically get <15 attacks, which kind of sucks.

I started playing in Early January, haven't spent a dime. also, have almost 4k diamonds stashed away.

getting into a tf that takes on higher bases consistently makes a huge difference. my halos2 acct has blown up in last couple months thanks to my tf, its easy to hit the big upgrades when getting 650k stone daily or similar. have hit max gunboat, hq, radar, vvault, sculptor, armory, warriors, zooks... working on all the boats now

I'm at 50/518 HQ20, all buildings maxed except some of the resource production... Just working on upgrading boats and defenses, I just make sure I end the night above 521 medals because that is the next tier where you get 5 shards instead of 4 on your VP boat.

I used to be in the FBG task force but was terribly bothered by the fact we had people who rarely attacked as thought we should kick them.

I am a level 49 hq 20 with max sculptor. I really don't care about defense at all though do upgrade them. I have 3 RR statues which I boost along with a gbe when I need to make a big purchase. I have spent 0 on the game.

Edited by cincredfan
  • Like 1