What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (3 Viewers)

getting into a tf that takes on higher bases consistently makes a huge difference. my halos2 acct has blown up in last couple months thanks to my tf, its easy to hit the big upgrades when getting 650k stone daily or similar. have hit max gunboat, hq, radar, vvault, sculptor, armory, warriors, zooks... working on all the boats now
Dang, 650k stone? What level are you? Wondering how much of that reward is the task force and how much is your level. (Seems like every player level increases the reward by x%...so if someone in a TF is level 40 and they get 100k stone, someone else level 41 in that TF will get 100k+x%)

I'm at level 45, our 10 man task force got 265 points on the last op and my options are

- 16 gems

- 350k wood

- 782k gold

Since stone rewards are usually quite a bit lower than wood, you're either way higher level than me, or your taskforce is helping you that much more.

getting into a tf that takes on higher bases consistently makes a huge difference. my halos2 acct has blown up in last couple months thanks to my tf, its easy to hit the big upgrades when getting 650k stone daily or similar. have hit max gunboat, hq, radar, vvault, sculptor, armory, warriors, zooks... working on all the boats now
Dang, 650k stone? What level are you? Wondering how much of that reward is the task force and how much is your level. (Seems like every player level increases the reward by x%...so if someone in a TF is level 40 and they get 100k stone, someone else level 41 in that TF will get 100k+x%)

I'm at level 45, our 10 man task force got 265 points on the last op and my options are

- 16 gems

- 350k wood

- 782k gold

Since stone rewards are usually quite a bit lower than wood, you're either way higher level than me, or your taskforce is helping you that much more.
I have two accounts in same tf (ComeWithAPlan - 25man tf, in top 200-300, doing foxtrot daily) - my 1st acct is lvl 57 with 763 medals, 2nd is 49 with 581... both get same rewards.

I haven't collected today's boat, my options are 24 diamonds, 761k wood or 651k stone

Last edited by a moderator:
47/370. HQ 17, armory at lvl 15 (does the armory level at the same pace as HQ- meaning I have two to go, or is it one behind- please say one behind). Upgrade my defenses as much as I possibly can, but have at least one level of upgrades for everything.

Recently maxed out Hooka and artillary. All statues are offense driven. Try to occupy as many resource bases as possible, and clear the board of the easier bases, which usually ends up in riding the medal count a little too high, get pounded a few (a lot) times, then start again. Haven't messed with the past couple gearharts as the buy in cost is a little steep.
Max Armory level = current HQ level.

http://boombeach.wikia.com/wiki/Armory

If at level 47 Gearheart is too expensive for you, then I think you need to revisit your strategy. I'm at level 45 (410 medals, HQ18, armory 17, radar 18)...and I'm often sitting with 1m+ gold and have nothing to do with it while troop upgrades are going (I have no green statues). Is your radar low? The more islands you free the more gold each of them send you.
Well crap, looks like I've got another round of upgrades coming on top of another build cost.

As for gearheart. By too expensive I was referring to the payout relative to cost of building 3 armies. I'm never in need of experimental weapons parts (at least not yet). I guess if I boosted RR it'd likely be worth the trip. Radar is also lvl 16. Guess I need to clear the board of more AI bases.

Guessing most people go on raids and powder GBE and RR and try to clear the board to get needed resource upgrades, correct?

For Gearhart, I just use my regular hooka or mass riflemen if I'm facing point defenses. I get to Tier 3 loot and am happy with whatever the prizes are.

my upgrade priorities in the armory have been warriors as it helps my acct most, then zooks as it helps the tf most, then scorcher/tanks.... a max scorcher tank onslaught is basically unstoppable without losing any troops

Guessing most people go on raids and powder GBE and RR and try to clear the board to get needed resource upgrades, correct?
I go on raiding binges about once a week and boost 3 red and 4 purple statues at once.

As far as the TF goes, sorry I've missed a couple of wars lately. Didn't even realize the last one was happening until just after it was over. I had perfect attendance for a long time and will try to make sure I check in more regularly.

- 16 gems

- 350k wood

- 782k gold

I have two accounts in same tf (ComeWithAPlan - 25man tf, in top 200-300, doing foxtrot daily) - my 1st acct is lvl 57 with 763 medals, 2nd is 49 with 581... both get same rewards.

I haven't collected today's boat, my options are 24 diamonds, 761k wood or 651k stone
Interesting...boom wiki says "The reward also scales depending on Experience level, so if you have a higher Experience level than someone else on your Task Force, you will receive a greater reward than that person." I get more resources than somoene else in my TF too.

Hopefully my TF keeps climbing and people keep getting better. Rewards anywhere near that would be nice.

Yeah, I think that's a very common strategy. I usually only boost my RR, GBE, and Troop Health...sometimes one or two more, sometimes just the RR...depends who I've got on my map. When possible I try and couple the boosts with my TF attack as well.

At level 45 with a 48% PSC, I've figured out that I collect enough crystals to boost 8 times per week perpetually. With 50 or so power powders stored up I feel at liberty to boost as many as I need on any day.

I've hit a plateau with this game. For a while I was crushing it but my archipelago has caught up to me and the raids are all my level or better. CoC has been dominating my play time but I stay decently active. just hit lvl47 w/366 VP, HQ 17. Tried dropping those but had no success with setting the HQ out. I get rolled often enough anyhow so it doesn't matter much. Concentrating on leveling up bhotes right now because I get an extra hooka at lvl16. I boost occasionally but I'm typically not on long enough to take advantage of it, think I have about 98 in powder right now.

For Gearhart, I just use my regular hooka or mass riflemen if I'm facing point defenses. I get to Tier 3 loot and am happy with whatever the prizes are.
I don't even expend any troops and just take the reward for destroying 10. Can easily take out using just artillery and barrage. If 20 is good I will try to get it but rarely is good. I have a glut of weapon parts anyway.

I don't even expend any troops and just take the reward for destroying 10. Can easily take out using just artillery and barrage. If 20 is good I will try to get it but rarely is good. I have a glut of weapon parts anyway.
I did that for my 3rd attack when I needed just one more point to get to Tier 3. I might just try to use only GBE to get the loot. Although I'm rarely short on gold so I don't mind building armies for a full raid.

I've hit a plateau with this game. For a while I was crushing it but my archipelago has caught up to me and the raids are all my level or better. CoC has been dominating my play time but I stay decently active. just hit lvl47 w/366 VP, HQ 17. Tried dropping those but had no success with setting the HQ out. I get rolled often enough anyhow so it doesn't matter much. Concentrating on leveling up bhotes right now because I get an extra hooka at lvl16. I boost occasionally but I'm typically not on long enough to take advantage of it, think I have about 98 in powder right now.
How's it coming on replacing your green statues? A couple months ago you had 4 or 5 of them.

Getting your boats up to level 16 is a good move. Seems especially helpful to get that 5th heavy and 4th medic on board. I'm a hooka + medic guy and have been running with 15 heavies, 8 medics and 2 boats of zookas lately...it's awesome not worrying about RLs and getting to use all my GBE on taking out special weapons and boom cannons. When someone has both or all three of their RLs behind their base, I won't even bother touching them...8 level 4 medics will heal them fast enough to keep them alive.

Only thing that sucks about that strategy is that some resource bases and Task Force ops require more heavies or more firepower and it take 45 minutes to retrain troops

Just started this. Lvl 3??? Should I max everything before leveling up? How do I get more than one builder and saw building? Burning gold for wood.

Just started this. Lvl 3??? Should I max everything before leveling up?
No. Rushing HQ is fine in this game. Mostly recommended actually.

How do I get more than one builder and saw building? Burning gold for wood.
You don't. You get more wood from resource islands and raiding. Early on you do need to cut trees for gold to supplement. Later on that isn't a factor.

Can only do one upgrade at a time. The build times don't get nearly as long as they do in Clash though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Rascal, whenever you level your HQ, upgrade your Vault and your Sculptor (if available) as soon as you can.

Statues are a huge deal in the game.

How's it coming on replacing your green statues? A couple months ago you had 4 or 5 of them.

Getting your boats up to level 16 is a good move. Seems especially helpful to get that 5th heavy and 4th medic on board. I'm a hooka + medic guy and have been running with 15 heavies, 8 medics and 2 boats of zookas lately...it's awesome not worrying about RLs and getting to use all my GBE on taking out special weapons and boom cannons. When someone has both or all three of their RLs behind their base, I won't even bother touching them...8 level 4 medics will heal them fast enough to keep them alive.

Only thing that sucks about that strategy is that some resource bases and Task Force ops require more heavies or more firepower and it take 45 minutes to retrain troops
All good, ditched the green monsters and haven't looked back, totally changed the game. Raid for what I need but with Doc Terror showing up twice a week don't really need to do much more unless I want to. I know we all say there isn't a penalty for rushing the HQ but at some point it catches up to you. I think I was there so I've been hanging out at HQ 17 and leveling everything up, it's been fun.

I only run heavies & zookas, been playing with different troops but at the end of the day I'm most comfortable with that troop makeup. Wish we ran a few more ops but not a huge deal.

Just started this. Lvl 3??? Should I max everything before leveling up? How do I get more than one builder and saw building? Burning gold for wood.
You should join our task force: fbg1. I know a guy...

Are diamonds to be saved I assume??
Diamonds are kinda like DE in CoC although harder to come by. You can use them primarily to 'time gem' stuff quicker. Statues are a new concept to you in Boom Beach. For the first 5 months I played I had no idea what they were until these guys told me, now they are game changers. Starting out it doesn't hurt to have all the green statues to aid in resource collection but at some point you get away from them & start concentrating on troop, gunboat & defense boosts.

Do idols expire? Have my first two...wood+8% and all resources +3%. Nothing exciting but being desperate for resources I'll take it. Have two wood resource bases and just defeated first of hammerman base to start lvl 6.

Do idols expire? Have my first two...wood+8% and all resources +3%. Nothing exciting but being desperate for resources I'll take it. Have two wood resource bases and just defeated first of hammerman base to start lvl 6.
No.

Eventually you will replace those with better ones though. When you reclaim idols and guardians you get crystals that help build the next higher level statues. When you reclaim a masterpiece you get 7 powders. The powders are used to give statues a temporary boost.

No.Eventually you will replace those with better ones though. When you reclaim idols and guardians you get crystals that help build the next higher level statues. When you reclaim a masterpiece you get 7 powders. The powders are used to give statues a temporary boost.
Ah, that explains why I saw top guys having an Aura around their statues.

Just received a 1,061,000 reward for our successful TF assault on Bottleneck.

L48 attacking with L6 Grenadiers and L5 Medics (HQ 18)

Whats the best attack strategy for this game? The bases around me are too difficult to kill.
Early on? Riflemen/zooka
Didn't work. :kicksrock:
what levels? How many? You need to bomb the splash defenses first. Ignore cannons
Level 15-17. 2 zookas and 2 rifleman
HQ level or Experience level? I'm convinced that early on rifle/zooka is the best
It was a level 7 HQ. I'm still level 6
stick with rifle/zooka. Bomb splash weapons first

Whats the best attack strategy for this game? The bases around me are too difficult to kill.
Early on? Riflemen/zooka
what levels? How many? You need to bomb the splash defenses first. Ignore cannons
HQ level or Experience level? I'm convinced that early on rifle/zooka is the best
over heavy zooka?

Early on? Riflemen/zooka
over heavy zooka?
im convinced rifle/zooka is better, but it definitely changes what you target with artillery

if you are going rifle/zooka, target anything that does splash damage w/ GBE first, which is mortars, flame throwers, rocket launchers.

What determines how much gold you get from a free village? I noticed yesterday I was getting 66 per, but today only 65 per

really getting to be a big fan of smokey warrior attacks, especially for resource bases. I think most folks are a little intimidated by smokey warriors - they see someone easily take their resource base and pretty quickly decide they are outmatched. Haven't had anyone really try to out-do me for a while.

really getting to be a big fan of smokey warrior attacks, especially for resource bases. I think most folks are a little intimidated by smokey warriors - they see someone easily take their resource base and pretty quickly decide they are outmatched. Haven't had anyone really try to out-do me for a while.
its pretty devastating when you get good at it. Hardest part I find is predicting what path they will take. They tend to want to go around things rather than straight lines.

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I am having trouble accumulating enough wood for upgrades now. The two most profitable resource bases on my map were taken by players with much higher firepower -- so I assume that even if I managed to take them back (highly doubtful) they would simply be lost again.

I have statues that help, but still fall way short of what I need. One sawmill isn't cutting it. Not sure what to do, but the game is losing steam for me.

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I am having trouble accumulating enough wood for upgrades now. The two most profitable resource bases on my map were taken by players with much higher firepower -- so I assume that even if I managed to take them back (highly doubtful) they would simply be lost again.

I have statues that help, but still fall way short of what I need. One sawmill isn't cutting it. Not sure what to do, but the game is losing steam for me.
do you have a resource reward statue? Boost that when you attack player bases

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

This is what I do I have a RR MP as well as 2 other 20% RR statues. I care very little about resource bases.

I am now a level 20HQ with fully max vault, radar, gunboat.

Be sure to do Dr Terror every possibility.

Getting your boats to hold 16 is a gamechanger for lower players

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I actually have +50% resource reward between a MP and a Guardian.

Problem is, I'm pretty bad at attacking, so it comes in handy for Dr. Terror and not much else.

Boosting requires power powder, and the only way to get that is to reclaim a MP, right? I don't find nearly enough power stones to be reclaiming MP's yet.

Users who are viewing this thread