What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I am having trouble accumulating enough wood for upgrades now. The two most profitable resource bases on my map were taken by players with much higher firepower -- so I assume that even if I managed to take them back (highly doubtful) they would simply be lost again.

I have statues that help, but still fall way short of what I need. One sawmill isn't cutting it. Not sure what to do, but the game is losing steam for me.
do you have a resource reward statue? Boost that when you attack player bases
I actually have +50% resource reward between a MP and a Guardian.

Problem is, I'm pretty bad at attacking, so it comes in handy for Dr. Terror and not much else.

Boosting requires power powder, and the only way to get that is to reclaim a MP, right? I don't find nearly enough power stones to be reclaiming MP's yet.
Need to attack more to get more crystals. Vicious circle.

Also a PSC statue is a big help.

Be sure to do Dr Terror every possibility.

Getting your boats to hold 16 is a gamechanger for lower players
Dr. Terror provides nearly all my attacking income. Basically I only get big upgrades started on the days he shows up.

I am working on getting the boats to 16 -- have 2 of the 6 there already. The wood is holding me back. I'm almost always maxed on iron, wish there was some way to trade that in for wood.

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I am having trouble accumulating enough wood for upgrades now. The two most profitable resource bases on my map were taken by players with much higher firepower -- so I assume that even if I managed to take them back (highly doubtful) they would simply be lost again.

I have statues that help, but still fall way short of what I need. One sawmill isn't cutting it. Not sure what to do, but the game is losing steam for me.

Problem is, I'm pretty bad at attacking, so it comes in handy for Dr. Terror and not much else.

Boosting requires power powder, and the only way to get that is to reclaim a MP, right? I don't find nearly enough power stones to be reclaiming MP's yet.

I just reclaimed a PSC for a RR :oldunsure:

I also thought that having a lot of medals was a bad thing, no? And there's no way to ditch them, right?

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I also thought that having a lot of medals was a bad thing, no? And there's no way to ditch them, right?
the only way to ditch them is by being attacked, which doesn't always happen.

what worked for me was laying low, having a couple RR, and just attacking Dr Terror. Eventually your army will be tough for your medal count, and then there is no problem.

Also, are you in a task force? The rewards from that can be pretty significant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm level 34 with HQ14.

what worked for me was laying low, having a couple RR, and just attacking Dr Terror. Eventually your army will be tough for your medal count, and then there is no problem.

I'm there now (bolded). Good to know that at some point I might emerge from it.

It's actually my 8-year-old son's base. I started 'helping' him and now I am probably more involved in it than him. But because it is his base, we've told him the task force portion was off limits. We don't need him chatting with internet strangers yet. So I miss out on those rewards too.

I'm level 34 with HQ14.

I'm there now (bolded). Good to know that at some point I might emerge from it.

It's actually my 8-year-old son's base. I started 'helping' him and now I am probably more involved in it than him. But because it is his base, we've told him the task force portion was off limits. We don't need him chatting with internet strangers yet. So I miss out on those rewards too.
get in the FBG task force. It's generally PG. We haven't been doing quite as many ops as we used to, though. Things seem to be slowing down a little bit.

I lucked out and got a 37% defensive building attack damage MP this morning. At this point I'm pretty satisfied with my masterpieces and am considering dumping my 69% powerstone chance MP for more GBE (I've got a 12%GBE guardian ready now).

But on the flipside I might upgrade to HQ18 in the next few weeks so I'll want to hoard powerstones for a new MP. What to do...

sartre said:
This past week has been brutal for me. I was crushed 5 times and lost boatloads of loot. On the bright side I lost about 10 medals. :mellow:

I've gotten the impression that most people here only use one blue defense statue if they use any blue statues at all.

More than one way to skin a cat though.

I lucked out and got a 37% defensive building attack damage MP this morning. At this point I'm pretty satisfied with my masterpieces and am considering dumping my 69% powerstone chance MP for more GBE (I've got a 12%GBE guardian ready now).

But on the flipside I might upgrade to HQ18 in the next few weeks so I'll want to hoard powerstones for a new MP. What to do...
save it until you build HQ18 and upgrade sculptor. Having extra powerstones/statues doesn't cost anything.

Actually, I'd keep the 69% power stone MP. That is pretty good.

thecatch said:
We did a flurry of ops recently but started running out of OP points.
Because we swung out of our boots and got crushed. Wasted a lot of op points on those tough really tough ones we did and got next to nothing for it.

I've gotten the impression that most people here only use one blue defense statue if they use any blue statues at all.

I've got both, defensive building damage @ 21% and building health @ 26%. They help a lot IMO but just starting out I think it's more important to have resource statues working for you. Once your main income switches from your own island to raiding for loot then you should cultivate the other statues and ditch the green ones.

This is still one of the better posts I've seen on power stones and when to keep what.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues

thecatch said:
Because we swung out of our boots and got crushed. Wasted a lot of op points on those tough really tough ones we did and got next to nothing for it.

I've got both, defensive building damage @ 21% and building health @ 26%. They help a lot IMO but just starting out I think it's more important to have resource statues working for you. Once your main income switches from your own island to raiding for loot then you should cultivate the other statues and ditch the green ones.This is still one of the better posts I've seen on power stones and when to keep what.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/219660-yesup-s-Ultimate-Guide-to-Power-Stones-and-Statues
We did upper lip 3x and destroyed it completely once. I don't think we were way out of our league on that one. There were complaints about the others being too easy.

save it until you build HQ18 and upgrade sculptor. Having extra powerstones/statues doesn't cost anything.

Yeah, I'll probably hang on to my 69% for a while. Or maybe I'll keep it forever so I can hoard powder to use when I get to higher levels.

thecatch said:

I've got both, defensive building damage @ 21% and building health @ 26%. They help a lot IMO but just starting out I think it's more important to have resource statues working for you. Once your main income switches from your own island to raiding for loot then you should cultivate the other statues and ditch the green ones.This is still one of the better posts I've seen on power stones and when to keep what.

We did upper lip 3x and destroyed it completely once. I don't think we were way out of our league on that one. There were complaints about the others being too easy.
We are very capable of beating a tougher OP, but our participation isn't good enough yet. Lots of unused attacks still.

save it until you build HQ18 and upgrade sculptor. Having extra powerstones/statues doesn't cost anything.Actually, I'd keep the 69% power stone MP. That is pretty good.
I'd keep it for the power powder.

I use both ice MP statues. Hell, I still use a green MP (21% resource production).

But I'm more of a farmer than attacker. I typically own all the resource bases on my map and rely on my ice MPs to defend them.

save it until you build HQ18 and upgrade sculptor. Having extra powerstones/statues doesn't cost anything.Actually, I'd keep the 69% power stone MP. That is pretty good.
I'd keep it for the power powder.
Yup, I got 80 powders saved up. I'll spend one when attacking Dr. Terror.

thecatch said:

We are very capable of beating a tougher OP, but our participation isn't good enough yet. Lots of unused attacks still.
Yea i guess that's what I meant by that comment, there are 12-15 of use who attack so it makes it difficult to take on a tough op when you use 9-10 attacks on one base. With some of the new blood maybe it will pick up but it will be a while before they will be meaningful contributors.

thecatch said:

Yea i guess that's what I meant by that comment, there are 12-15 of use who attack so it makes it difficult to take on a tough op when you use 9-10 attacks on one base. With some of the new blood maybe it will pick up but it will be a while before they will be meaningful contributors.
Agreed. If the new guys don't mind sacrificing troops, taking out mines is a great way to contribute. Sort of like scouting tough bases for traps and tesla spots in Clash of Clans.

The FBG's could have a much better task force if they just kicked non-attackers. What fun is it to be in a task force that doesn't attack.

Sartre - if you beat hammerman bases you get Dr T on more days, or can defend, or war factory (though at your level would just be more Dr T's)

before my army was worth a whole lot, I waited on ops until I saw targets I knew i could take down...looking for towers with <3k hit points, for example. Occasionally, a base will be left where zookas can attack the tower without taking on any fire - an easy kill. Take those down, and let the higher level armies deal with fresh bases.

The FBG's could have a much better task force if they just kicked non-attackers. What fun is it to be in a task force that doesn't attack.

Sartre - if you beat hammerman bases you get Dr T on more days, or can defend, or war factory (though at your level would just be more Dr T's)
we've talked about it, but it's not like there is a line of people waiting to get in our task force. If they contribute intel, it's probably worth keeping folks around even if they are freeloaders.

we've talked about it, but it's not like there is a line of people waiting to get in our task force. If they contribute intel, it's probably worth keeping folks around even if they are freeloaders.
Totally disagree as the reward is distributed through your task force

(ie resources are divided by fewer players)

I am guessing that there are several members who would be willing to rejoin the task force if that was done (for the longest time I would have been 1 but happy currently though wasn't really happy with tf until last month or so)

Totally disagree as the reward is distributed through your task force(ie resources are divided by fewer players)

I am guessing that there are several members who would be willing to rejoin the task force if that was done (for the longest time I would have been 1 but happy currently though wasn't really happy with tf until last month or so)
The amount of loot is only affected by the task force's maximum size. 25 in our case now. If a max 25 TF only has 20 members, they won't each get more loot.

Totally disagree as the reward is distributed through your task force(ie resources are divided by fewer players)

The amount of loot is only affected by the task force's maximum size. 25 in our case now. If a max 25 TF only has 20 members, they won't each get more loot.
yeah, this is my understanding as well.

actually, with the recent new guys, our task force is now full. It may be time to start thinning the herd of non-participants.

sartre said:
I'm level 34 with HQ14.

You should probably stop playing this kids game and get serious with Clash of Clans.

actually, with the recent new guys, our task force is now full. It may be time to start thinning the herd of non-participants.
Whoever wants to step up feel free. I couldn't tell you who is active and who isn't.

I did just kick off sculpture upgrade though, 9th statue on its way! So I got that going for me

We can easily get down to 20, right?
did a quick search. The last two ops we ran, we did not complete. The following did not participate in either op:

Major Masters

D|ckies

bogart

Myk

Grey Pilgrim

dirtyduzn

tamtam

Warsteinner

I don't think it's time to boot folks, but I will start tracking who isn't participating when we don't close them out. I think some of these guys may have quit playing all together.

On our last op, the last base was holding on by a thread. Only 14 of a possible 25 members attacked.

We can easily get down to 20, right?
did a quick search. The last two ops we ran, we did not complete. The following did not participate in either op:

Major Masters

D|ckies

bogart

Myk

Grey Pilgrim

dirtyduzn

tamtam

Warsteinner

I don't think it's time to boot folks, but I will start tracking who isn't participating when we don't close them out. I think some of these guys may have quit playing all together.

On our last op, the last base was holding on by a thread. Only 14 of a possible 25 members attacked.
can you tell from visiting their base if they've been active lately? Most i remember but Major Masters is a mystery to me, never heard of him.

Guys, you can try PMing me on here if I haven't attacked late in a war. I try to attack in every war, but sometimes I just forget to look at the game for more than a day.

Task Force roster check in:
Rollo30 - beer 30
sparrow - jester
rascal - rascal
markistan - moleculo
Captain Me - The Flying Turtle
moby trogg - moby trogg
With Stupid
BroadwayG
:[Odin33]:
plasmadogplasma - plasmadogplasma
Grey Pilgrim via Odin33
EYLive - EYLive

the enforcer - moby trogg

Buck Off - Bucky86

someguy2012 via participation in last 3 op's

cj via participation in last 3 op's

Zubayr via participation in last 3 op's

MIA
Major Masters
Patton
Djckles
Bogart
Myk
Dirtyduzn
tamtam
Warsteinner

Will update accordingly. Added a few via participation in 1 of the last 3 operations.

here are TF members who have not collected any intel this week:

D|ckies

Bogart

Myk

Warsteinner

tamtam

Dirtyduzn

When you are raided, what do you lose from the residences/mines/boats?

I think I'm supposed to leave that stuff uncollected until I need it, which is opposite CoC. Or am I wrong?

Yeah, don't ditch that PSC statue.

I think I'm supposed to leave that stuff uncollected until I need it, which is opposite CoC. Or am I wrong?
Collect it, gets protected by your vault.

So it's 100% unprotected in the collectors/boats? Looks like I had that completely wrong. Thanks for setting me straight.

So it's 100% unprotected in the collectors/boats? Looks like I had that completely wrong. Thanks for setting me straight.
Let's revisit my earlier statement...not exactly. Loot is determined by (((((Stored Loot - Loot in Vault) + Loot in collecters) - Vault Protection Percent) + Bonus Loot) - Reduction Factor) + Statue Bonus per the Boom Beach Wiki so it appears it doesn't really matter as the vault provides a % of protection for storages, resource buildings and bases you have. Personally i collect them but it's more an OCD thing for me.

moleculo said:

D|ckies

Bogart

Myk

Warsteinner

tamtam

Dirtyduzn
Does the intel count reset every week? I never noticed.

moleculo said:

D|ckies

Bogart

Myk

Warsteinner

tamtam

Dirtyduzn
Does the intel count reset every week? I never noticed.
yeah. If you click on the task force command (star icon on the home page screen) and the "my task force" tab, it lists everyone in the task force, their experience level, VP count, and intel. At the very bottom it says, "intel collected by each member is shown next to their name (count resets weekly)."

If the task force size is in increments of 5, we should probably start booting inactives at the end of this week so that that active members get more loot from OPs.

If the task force size is in increments of 5, we should probably start booting inactives at the end of this week so that that active members get more loot from OPs.
Kinda what I was thinking as well EY. Give everyone the opportunity to check in either there or here through the week. If nothing is heard then kick them with the thought they are always welcome back anytime, no question just need to participate in ops. I suspect most have walked away as we all kicked it around a while back when the game was kind of stagnant.

Kinda what I was thinking as well EY. Give everyone the opportunity to check in either there or here through the week. If nothing is heard then kick them with the thought they are always welcome back anytime, no question just need to participate in ops. I suspect most have walked away as we all kicked it around a while back when the game was kind of stagnant.
I don't think it goes in increments of 5 - I think it's 5, 10, 25, and 50, and I'm not sure if you can change it around.

The only real issue with having deadbeats in the TF right now is it prevents anyone else from joining up (we have 25 now). When we had 20 or whatever, there was no reaason to boot anyone - it's not like there was a line here @ FBG trying to get in.

I just kicked off my gunboat lvl18 and barrage lvl13 upgrades this morning. It feels good to be poor again.

Although that gunboat upgrade is stupid expensive considering it only adds 2 more energy points.

I don't think it goes in increments of 5 - I think it's 5, 10, 25, and 50, and I'm not sure if you can change it around.

The only real issue with having deadbeats in the TF right now is it prevents anyone else from joining up (we have 25 now). When we had 20 or whatever, there was no reaason to boot anyone - it's not like there was a line here @ FBG trying to get in.
I see. If there's no 20 member level, should we still kick the inactives and open up the TF for active randoms? We can set the medal requirement at a level that ensures mid-high level guys that will contribute to OPs right?

... in theory...

Took down Terror Level 7 for the 1st time last night!

Level 47 - medal count 460

(Have maxed out HQ, Sculptor, Vault, Gunboat, Radar, and 1 landing craft)

I'm a broken record, but this game changed completely once I ditched all blue and green statues and focused on raiding. I used to do my best to keep my resources below what my vault protected so I wasn't worth attacking...but now I keep my map clear of CPU bases and am happy to have tons of resources that can be taken because it makes me a good target to keep my medal count down. Sure, I might lose 300k stone and iron in a couple raids, but the RR statues get me all the big upgrades I need no problem and because I'm attacking so much I'm usually 50-75% of the way there before going on a raid for the next upgrade.

This strategy is getting me 50+ intel every week and increasing my crystal farming immensely because the less CPU bases you have on your map the better chance of one popping up.

Statues

Red Health - 41% (mp+g)

Red Damage - 21% (mp)

Purple PSC - 87% (mp+g)

Purple GBE - 52%(mp+g)

Purple RR - 74% (mp+g+g)

Users who are viewing this thread