What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Took down Terror Level 7 for the 1st time last night!

Level 47 - medal count 460

(Have maxed out HQ, Sculptor, Vault, Gunboat, Radar, and 1 landing craft)

I'm a broken record, but this game changed completely once I ditched all blue and green statues and focused on raiding. I used to do my best to keep my resources below what my vault protected so I wasn't worth attacking...but now I keep my map clear of CPU bases and am happy to have tons of resources that can be taken because it makes me a good target to keep my medal count down. Sure, I might lose 300k stone and iron in a couple raids, but the RR statues get me all the big upgrades I need no problem and because I'm attacking so much I'm usually 50-75% of the way there before going on a raid for the next upgrade.

This strategy is getting me 50+ intel every week and increasing my crystal farming immensely because the less CPU bases you have on your map the better chance of one popping up.
:goodposting:

Oh, intel farming tip too....

I beach my base quite often, but surround it with my biggest guns and mines (all booms, shock, weapons lab, some towers and RLs spread out beached too to try and avoid heavies). I'm still an easy target, and am essentially trading resources for intel/gems. I'd say 80% of the time I get intel/gems and 10% of the time I even successfully defend. Think I probably get 8-12 extra intel per week doing this.

Took down Terror Level 7 for the 1st time last night!

Level 47 - medal count 460
Are you matched up against mostly HQ20s at that medal count?
Just went through and checked all of them (and re-scouted some bases that were crap rewards)....

HQ Level.....Count of Players at that level

All players are between level 46 and 50

here's what's great about running smokey warriors -

guy just took a resource base of mine. He lost 7 tanks in the battle. I was able to re-take it with smoke and warriors, only lost 3 guys.

now - my warriors are 3 or 4 armory bases higher than his are, but still...

looks like they changed prototype costs and duration. Used to take 4 parts to make a weapon last 12 days - I typically get 2 parts on Hammerman and 2 parts on war factory, so 4 parts every 6 days. Because I was earning parts faster than i was using them, It was sustainable to keep a prototype weapon going all the time.

Now, weapons cost 6 parts and are only good for 7 days.

Unless they changed the reward structure, it may not be sustainable to keep prototype weapons indefinitely.

Hammerman now has multiple stages, I guess, so there's that. Also, it looks like you get more proto parts with a higher VP. (source)

Also, note that Hammerman will use GBE.

Wasn't happy to see the HQ level 21 requirement to be XP level 59. Think HQ19 required level 46 and HQ20 required level 47....which I thought was dumb in the first place...now there's a jump that'll take 2 or 3 months??

The new free gems were nice and I was very happy to see the intel requirements lessened to start ops.

Hammerman in my opinion was dumb. Curious to see if they actually improved it and make it fun.

Wasn't happy to see the HQ level 21 requirement to be XP level 59. Think HQ19 required level 46 and HQ20 required level 47....which I thought was dumb in the first place...now there's a jump that'll take 2 or 3 months??

The new free gems were nice and I was very happy to see the intel requirements lessened to start ops.

Hammerman in my opinion was dumb. Curious to see if they actually improved it and make it fun.
I've always like the hammerman attacks, but they felt too easy since he never used GBE. It should be much more challenging now. I wonder if the prizes will still be prototype parts or diamonds. I hope they switch to diamonds.

EYLive said:
jason12vb said:

I've always like the hammerman attacks, but they felt too easy since he never used GBE. It should be much more challenging now. I wonder if the prizes will still be prototype parts or diamonds. I hope they switch to diamonds.
I thought it was a neat idea...but as you said, it's too easy...I have a saved layout that works 4 out of 5 times and doesn't require any thought.

EYLive said:
jason12vb said:

I thought it was a neat idea...but as you said, it's too easy...I have a saved layout that works 4 out of 5 times and doesn't require any thought.
Same here.

Although I suspect with the addition of GBE and attacks of increasing difficulty, I won't successfully defend every wave.

Trying to be small for a day or so. Sitting on 5m+ in gold for an upgrade but I just kicked off my lab upgrade :unsure:

Looking for 1 player for a new 5 man task force.

We are 4 active players in Minnesota that know each other ...previously was in a 10 man task force, but my 4 were gathering 75% of the intel and doing 75% of the damage. We've tried the 25 and 50 TF's as well and have found that we enjoy the 5 man the most as we rely on each other more...if 3 people don't solo their boards we don't beat the op. (As opposed to 6 people throwing their players at the wall and hoping to take down 2 or 3 turrets so the next person can do the same)

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Medal Count -490, 460, 420, 330

I'd say we average about 38/intel per person per week. (but generally anywhere from 25 to 60)

We are all professionals in our 30s and looking for someone else that's respectful and mature...just too many adolescent gamers out there of all ages ready to jump down someone's throat

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J

We are 4 active players in Minnesota that know each other ...previously was in a 10 man task force, but my 4 were gathering 75% of the intel and doing 75% of the damage. We've tried the 25 and 50 TF's as well and have found that we enjoy the 5 man the most as we rely on each other more...if 3 people don't solo their boards we don't beat the op. (As opposed to 6 people throwing their players at the wall and hoping to take down 2 or 3 turrets so the next person can do the same)

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

I'd say we average about 38/intel per person per week. (but generally anywhere from 25 to 60)

We are all professionals in our 30s and looking for someone else that's respectful and mature...just too many adolescent gamers out there of all ages ready to jump down someone's throat

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J
I'm a little lower in level (41, HQ 16), but otherwise fit your category. I'm also sure I'm not very good. I have max tanks (for my level) and just roll mindless attacks with them.

Wow, didn't realize there was a thread on this. I just started playing this a week or two ago and got to level 6 HQ this morning. Are the task forces necessary? Are the resources always hard to max out? I always seem to max out on gold and then spend diamonds to upgrade. Is the best strategy to upgrade everything then level up the HQ?

Wow, didn't realize there was a thread on this. I just started playing this a week or two ago and got to level 6 HQ this morning. Are the task forces necessary? Are the resources always hard to max out? I always seem to max out on gold and then spend diamonds to upgrade. Is the best strategy to upgrade everything then level up the HQ?
welcome!

Task forces are a great way to get bonus resources, which help a LOT.

There is no penalty to upgrading HQ - IMO, do that as quickly and as often as you can. Upgraded HQ gives you the option to build more base defenses, which makes your base less attractive to attack, and allows you to build new and better things faster.

IMO Upgrade sculptor first and then concentrate upgrading offense. You can upgrade D, but you are going to get rolled no matter what. The statues that I would go for are the resource reward (RR) and gun boat energy (GBE). Dr Terror is your friend, and you should boost RR when you have time to do a lot of attacks.

I think I made the mistake of going with green statues (boosted resources) and upgrading D too much. This ain't CoC, so attack, attack, attack.

Guys, we've talked about it a while. It's time to boot the inactives from the FBG task force.

Since Boom Beach added task force stats (the last upgrade a couple of weeks ago), the following have not participated in a TF battle or contributed any intel:

D|ckies

Dirtyduzn

Bogart

tamtam

Myk

Warsteinner

ETA: looks like BroadwayG is the only one who can kick an officer, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Upgrade sculptor first and then concentrate upgrading offense. You can upgrade D, but you are going to get rolled no matter what. The statues that I would go for are the resource reward (RR) and gun boat energy (GBE). Dr Terror is your friend, and you should boost RR when you have time to do a lot of attacks.

I think I made the mistake of going with green statues (boosted resources) and upgrading D too much. This ain't CoC, so attack, attack, attack.
Level 38 here and this afternoon will have HQ15, where the medic unlocks.

I'm not favoring D over offense, but I do upgrade it. Regarding the bolded, why are those things a mistake? :oldunsure:

Also, can't it be bad to attack too much? Because your medal count gets ahead of you? Honest question, I'm still very green at this game.

I'm not favoring D over offense, but I do upgrade it. Regarding the bolded, why are those things a mistake? :oldunsure:

Also, can't it be bad to attack too much? Because your medal count gets ahead of you? Honest question, I'm still very green at this game.
I think it depends on your style and what you want out of the game. We've discussed this previously in this thread. some guys attack, attack, attack. I stopped attacking to keep medal count low, and only really attack Dr Terror. I've started raiding other islands only when I'm short on resources, but that doesn't happen all that often. My medal count is relatively low as a result.

I'm almost level 47 and will be upgrading to HQ20 soon - my medal count is 250 for comparison sake.

Mostly if you upgrade your defense too much instead of concentrating on your gunboat, sculptor, armory, vault. Most likely if you keep those fully leveled to your HQ level you'll be fine. Statues are REALLY important. You're going to need help from RNGesus to get quality rolls on them to progress beyond the mid teen HQ levels. That's just the way it is.

I disagree with having to have RR statues early. A really good all resource production masterpiece (if you get lucky with roll) through the early teens is valuable. There is definitely a break point in the teens where you'll find the green statues are holding you back. You'll need to crunch some numbers and see if the boost you get from a green is outweighed by the value you get from extra GBE or RR, which is dependent on how much you attack and what kind of resources the typical PVP base is holding for you.

The game has different routes for success and each person needs to determine how they want to play the game. Personally I like attacking so I gain my resources by attacking. I am level 52 - 20HQ, max radar, upgrading armory, level 20 gunboat, maxed sculptor for level 20, maxed vault for level 20 etc.

I do upgrade defense but primary reason is for the gems. I am not very concerned about defending my base etc. If you play and don't want to attack much and get resources via resource bases and green statues then you will want to keep your medal count very low and also get blue statues to help your defense.

If however you like attacking etc attempt to keep medal count down as much as you can but don't worry terribly about it until you can't clear the boards. I keep my count down but not a major goal. Mainly mean here that I attack player bases more than other bases as the loot per medal is far/far better. I will attack the bases if still need loot after beating all player bases.

My statues include - 3 RR, 3 GBE, 1 troop damage, 1 troop health, 1 PSC, and 1 Building health

Biggest recommendations I have - keep HQ maxed out as possible, max sculptor asap, RR is a great thing even if you don't attack much the RR MP is worth having just for Dr Terror etc. Getting boats to hold 16 troops is a major advantage then later 20 and 24 (18 for grenadiers). Try to master 1 offensive technique or more if able (I typically use tank/medic but use heavy/zooks in ops)

I think it depends on your style and what you want out of the game. We've discussed this previously in this thread. some guys attack, attack, attack. I stopped attacking to keep medal count low, and only really attack Dr Terror. I've started raiding other islands only when I'm short on resources, but that doesn't happen all that often. My medal count is relatively low as a result.
This is my style as well. I build both my offense and defense equally and use Dr Terror (w/ boosted RR MP to 94%) to fund my upgrades.

the task force now has room for 5 new guys. TF name: FBG1. I don't remember if you need a password or not...if you do, here's the hint: the password is the user name of the guy you should PM to ask for the password.

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J
I'm a little lower in level (41, HQ 16), but otherwise fit your category. I'm also sure I'm not very good. I have max tanks (for my level) and just roll mindless attacks with them.
We're still sitting with 4 people, so you're welcome to come join if you like and see if you enjoy that smaller TF or not. A 5th would help us quite a bit...we've beaten Ticker Tape and Tank Tango (both 3 cores) and the next is a 4 core operation...so it'd be nice to have someone to clean up a near miss or collaborate with someone.

If you find it's not fun then you can drop without any hard feelings...we won't be any worse off than we are today.

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J
We're still sitting with 4 people, so you're welcome to come join if you like and see if you enjoy that smaller TF or not. A 5th would help us quite a bit...we've beaten Ticker Tape and Tank Tango (both 3 cores) and the next is a 4 core operation...so it'd be nice to have someone to clean up a near miss or collaborate with someone.

If you find it's not fun then you can drop without any hard feelings...we won't be any worse off than we are today.
I'll join up. I've never joined a task force before so you'll have to tell me what to do like I'm Shuke.

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J

I'll join up. I've never joined a task force before so you'll have to tell me what to do like I'm Shuke.
Victory points are currently set at a 300 minimum.

the task force now has room for 5 new guys. TF name: FBG1. I don't remember if you need a password or not...if you do, here's the hint: the password is the user name of the guy you should PM to ask for the password.
I'll send a request. If my low levels (16 exp, 6 HQ) are dragging you down feel free to boot me. No hard feelings ;)

I'll send a request. If my low levels (16 exp, 6 HQ) are dragging you down feel free to boot me. No hard feelings ;)
As long as you participate it's all good.

Guys, we've talked about it a while. It's time to boot the inactives from the FBG task force.

Since Boom Beach added task force stats (the last upgrade a couple of weeks ago), the following have not participated in a TF battle or contributed any intel:

D|ckies

Dirtyduzn

Bogart

tamtam

Myk

Warsteinner

ETA: looks like BroadwayG is the only one who can kick an officer, so...
Just happened to check this thread, and I stopped playing this game ages ago. Thought I quit out of the TF. Will likely need to install some update in order to leave, but will try to do so in the next couple days.

:bag:

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J

Sorry about that, just lowered it..

Unfortunately the text editor in the app is horrendous, but we'll talk a bit in the TF chat. Can always send me a message here too if you want. For the most part it's self explanatory....but really...

The point of the Operation is to get as many "force points" as possible. Each thing (turret, core, or energy pod) you destroy earns us a point. If someone takes down the big green core, everything on that map will blow up and we'll get all the points possible for that map (Currently there are 3 maps on our operation). There are no bonus points for blowing up the core or taking out everything...so the point will be to take out the core with the least possible path of resistance.

We each only get one attack per operation

An operation lasts 24 hours.

After 24 hours you'll get a rewards boat (like the VIP reward), but it will be much much nicer and will scale based on the number of force points we got and your XP level. (So I'll get more rewards at level 48 than you will at 41)

You have until the next Operation Rewards boat comes to claim your existing one. So if we finish an op on Monday but don't start another Op until Tuesday, you'll have until Tuesday's Op finishes to claim Monday's reward.

Edit to add - Once you join the taskforce, you will randomly start earning "intel" that you never would have seen. This intel is pooled together with everyone else in the group and what we use to start operations. As I said in the initial TF description, we each collect about 38 on average a week...and would expect a new person to get 25+. Since you've never been in a TF before there's no way for you to know how much you'll collect..but if it's less than 25, you're probably not a very active player. If you're consistently hitting 50 and touching 60 from time to time (like I am)...you should probably start tracking how much time you play and figure out if that time can be better spent elsewhere in your life. :bag:

:bag:

XP Levels - 48,48,47,44

Boomin' Brew

#2CR8UP2J

Sorry about that, just lowered it..

Unfortunately the text editor in the app is horrendous, but we'll talk a bit in the TF chat. Can always send me a message here too if you want. For the most part it's self explanatory....but really...

The point of the Operation is to get as many "force points" as possible. Each thing (turret, core, or energy pod) you destroy earns us a point. If someone takes down the big green core, everything on that map will blow up and we'll get all the points possible for that map (Currently there are 3 maps on our operation). There are no bonus points for blowing up the core or taking out everything...so the point will be to take out the core with the least possible path of resistance.

We each only get one attack per operation

An operation lasts 24 hours.

After 24 hours you'll get a rewards boat (like the VIP reward), but it will be much much nicer and will scale based on the number of force points we got and your XP level. (So I'll get more rewards at level 48 than you will at 41)

You have until the next Operation Rewards boat comes to claim your existing one. So if we finish an op on Monday but don't start another Op until Tuesday, you'll have until Tuesday's Op finishes to claim Monday's reward.

Edit to add - Once you join the taskforce, you will randomly start earning "intel" that you never would have seen. This intel is pooled together with everyone else in the group and what we use to start operations. As I said in the initial TF description, we each collect about 38 on average a week...and would expect a new person to get 25+. Since you've never been in a TF before there's no way for you to know how much you'll collect..but if it's less than 25, you're probably not a very active player. If you're consistently hitting 50 and touching 60 from time to time (like I am)...you should probably start tracking how much time you play and figure out if that time can be better spent elsewhere in your life. :bag:
OK. I'm in. Looks like I can't participate in this one, so I'll wait and see what happens on the next one.

Cool...we're not currently running an operation, will start one tonight assuming we have the Intel (36). Being a brand new force we don't have any built up...hopefully that'll change over time.

My phone died so I won't be active in OPs for a while. If the task force needs to boot me, I understand.

EYLive said:
My phone died so I won't be active in OPs for a while. If the task force needs to boot me, I understand.
No biggie. I'm not looking to boot anyone unless the TF is near capacity. We are at 21 of 25 right now.

just a heads up: 2.5 hours left to finish off this op, the folloing have not attacked: plasmadogplasma, major masters, patton, CJ, dirtydozn, barking_doxie, someguy2012, grey pilgrim, rascal, zubayr, strykerpks, the enforcer.

I lost access to the enforcer. Some screw up with my gamecenter. I've contacted boom beach help, but haven't gotten a response.

So there's a murky shadow in the water just north of my headquarters, when I tap it, it says "??? 21 d 19 h"

What is that thing?

Users who are viewing this thread