What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boom Beach ***Official Thread*** (2 Viewers)

the tf my other acct is in is a feeder for a bigger group too (WaRRioRs! is the main tf, think theyre in top 50) ... they have 1 or 2 officers that put notes on each base that direct group on which sides of base to attack or which key targets to take out by warriors so others can get in easier with zookas. its very coordinated.

Dirty, I looked up multiple Warriors! Tf but was unable to find you? My new tf has 42 members and we complete each mission. Sorry for ditching fbg1, but it wasnt active enough. Craiggebz

the tf my other acct is in is a feeder for a bigger group too (WaRRioRs! is the main tf, think theyre in top 50) ... they have 1 or 2 officers that put notes on each base that direct group on which sides of base to attack or which key targets to take out by warriors so others can get in easier with zookas. its very coordinated.

Dirty, I looked up multiple Warriors! Tf but was unable to find you? My new tf has 42 members and we complete each mission. Sorry for ditching fbg1, but it wasnt active enough. Craiggebz

Baby WaRRioRs! is where im at... trying to get into WaRRioRs!

I just want to say for the 13th time that I don't really play this game that much, I attempt to attack when we have #### going on, sometimes I don't and even when I do, I often suck.

If the above is an issue, please boot me. I don't care.

I just want to say for the 13th time that I don't really play this game that much, I attempt to attack when we have #### going on, sometimes I don't and even when I do, I often suck.

If the above is an issue, please boot me. I don't care.
It isnt an issue in "the peoples arm"

We have fun first and take things serious second. At the end of the day its still just a game. We have a good time and progress at a normal pace.

Dont.

Only useful if you feel like micromanaging while attacking higher lever bases which, if you play way too much, it shouldnt even have to be considered.

Mass infantry with some nedics is much more effective if you are goid with your gunboat.

I have tested this a lot.

I think warriors suck. Cant do anything you cant do more efficiently if you pay attention with flares and healing.

If you really need to attack a base 2+ levels above you they can sometimes work, although , in those situations I think tanks are a better option.

Personally I find mass infantry with 3+ medics more effective overall

MC Gas Money said:

Dont.

Only useful if you feel like micromanaging while attacking higher lever bases which, if you play way too much, it shouldnt even have to be considered.

Mass infantry with some nedics is much more effective if you are goid with your gunboat.

I think warriors suck. Cant do anything you cant do more efficiently if you pay attention with flares and healing.

If you really need to attack a base 2+ levels above you they can sometimes work, although , in those situations I think tanks are a better option.

What HQ level are you? What level riflemen & medic do you use and how far can you typically get on Dr. Terror?

MC Gas Money said:

Dont.Only useful if you feel like micromanaging while attacking higher lever bases which, if you play way too much, it shouldnt even have to be considered.

What HQ level are you? What level riflemen & medic do you use and how far can you typically get on Dr. Terror?
HQ 18Riflemen lvl 11

+30% troop health

They have 360 health and do 66 dmg each. I can field 80 with 3 medics

40 gunboat energy

I can beat dr terror 8th stage pretty regularly

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok cool. I'm HQ18 as well and clear Terror to 12 or 13 with warriors or Tmed. What is your sculptor level? Your GBE is way low for HQ18 it seems.

I have thought about upgrading my riflemen to use against certain bases where there is little splash damage to swarm boom cannons etc

I'm only HQ15, but I often ignore rocket launchers when I deploy my 8 heavies backed by medics. I'm more concerned with cannons since they can wipe out my meat shield pretty quickly if I don't hit them with artillery.

I'm having real trouble beating bases with multiple rocket launchers :rant:
usually warriors work well for that
ive always been a zooka/heavy combo guy, but yeah I might need to consider using warriors occasionally.
I just upgraded warriors to level 11 and gave them a serious try for the first time in the game. Fun troop as long as you take out rocket launchers. I've always been a heavy/zooka guy and switched back for the operation this weekend but, um, forgot to attack :bag: so I'm warriorless again.

each troop will give you success in certain situations. I wouldn't fall in love completely with any particular unit.

in the higher task force levels, warriors to take out key targets and zookas to deliver massive damage are probably the most valuable/used.

on player bases, I bounce around an all rifleman or heavy/zooka or warriors mostly with some tank/medic in for practice.

Ok cool. I'm HQ18 as well and clear Terror to 12 or 13 with warriors or Tmed. What is your sculptor level? Your GBE is way low for HQ18 it seems.

I have thought about upgrading my riflemen to use against certain bases where there is little splash damage to swarm boom cannons etc
My bad

Im level 16 HQ. Just got grenadiers.

I'm HQ level 9. I'm always short on resources and upgrade one thing at a time, but can't afford any big ticket items right now. I'm assuming this is just how it goes.

Come join "#YC2VYG" 41/50 members right now mostly 30-50. Its called G-Vibe. Not a fan of that name but whatever, it has solid adult members.

ive always been a zooka/heavy combo guy, but yeah I might need to consider using warriors occasionally.
I just upgraded warriors to level 11 and gave them a serious try for the first time in the game. Fun troop as long as you take out rocket launchers. I've always been a heavy/zooka guy and switched back for the operation this weekend but, um, forgot to attack :bag: so I'm warriorless again.
Unless there are a LOT of rocket launchers like on some of the NPC bases, taking out the rocket launchers is not the way to play warriors. They heal a bit on every hit, so rockets do not do enough damage to really matter. It's all about getting them to the HQ as healthy as possible, and taking it down fast. I don't know if you have smoke yet, but once you have that unlocked, warriors are that much better. Pretty much all gunboat energy for warrior attacks needs to be saved for smoke, shock bombs, and boom mines/ clusters of high damage regular mines you can't avoid. I'm at the point where many player bases on my map have shock launchers now and that can make it more complicated.

Edit: Actually I changed my mind. I don't think taking out rocket launchers is ever the optimum play for warrior attacks.

Unless there are a LOT of rocket launchers like on some of the NPC bases, taking out the rocket launchers is not the way to play warriors. They heal a bit on every hit, so rockets do not do enough damage to really matter. It's all about getting them to the HQ as healthy as possible, and taking it down fast. I don't know if you have smoke yet, but once you have that unlocked, warriors are that much better. Pretty much all gunboat energy for warrior attacks needs to be saved for smoke, shock bombs, and boom mines/ clusters of high damage regular mines you can't avoid. I'm at the point where many player bases on my map have shock launchers now and that can make it more complicated.

Edit: Actually I changed my mind. I don't think taking out rocket launchers is ever the optimum play for warrior attacks.
Good to know, I was basing that off the operations where they just get chewed to shreds but to your point, when there are 14 rocket launchers they will eat most any troop. I have smoke just haven't developed it (lvl2 I think) as i never used it. I tried it with the warriors on a raid and while my timing needs work it played out the way it was supposed to. Coordinating the flare with the smoke is tricky because they are so f'n fast. Lost a couple just running through the smoke before I could get it laid down.

Really wish we could share replays, would be nice to see how others use the troops and learn a little bit.

Good to know, I was basing that off the operations where they just get chewed to shreds but to your point, when there are 14 rocket launchers they will eat most any troop. I have smoke just haven't developed it (lvl2 I think) as i never used it. I tried it with the warriors on a raid and while my timing needs work it played out the way it was supposed to. Coordinating the flare with the smoke is tricky because they are so f'n fast. Lost a couple just running through the smoke before I could get it laid down.

Really wish we could share replays, would be nice to see how others use the troops and learn a little bit.
Yeah, warriors are very specialized for ops. In a few of our ops I've used them to take out shock launchers and or groups of rocket launchers to open up the map. That's all they are good for on that. Agreed, it would be nice if we could share replays in chat like CoC. level up your smoke, and max out your shock bombs if you want to use warriors, those are essential.

I try to flag my warriors to some building close to the beach, (smoke it before they get there) let them group up and then send them to the HQ. That way you can generally use a single line of smoke up to HQ. If defenses are close to the beach you generally need two side by side bombs on the beach to cover them getting off the boat, and one on the defense you send them to.

What level unlocks smoke?

I like warriors with a few really tough targets rather than a lot of easier targets

I've had a really tough time using smoke effectively. The smoke just doesn't seem to last long enough, and you can't upgrade until armory 14.

Question about the VP award. Let's say you had 200 VPs and get an award. The next day you go down to 196, so obviously you don't get one. If you go back to 198 the next day, do you get one again? Or do you have to get back above 200?

Question about the VP award. Let's say you had 200 VPs and get an award. The next day you go down to 196, so obviously you don't get one. If you go back to 198 the next day, do you get one again? Or do you have to get back above 200?
Only when you eclipse your previous best I think.

Sometimes I dont get them, and if it were the way you described it could be easily exploited

Sometimes I dont get them, and if it were the way you described it could be easily exploited
You definitely don't need to eclipse best to get them. Just an fyi - if you are over 300 you get 2 shards instead of just 1

I'm actually surprised at how good the rewards are in a 5 person task force. After competing the 2nd operation I got 199k gold (level 30)....that's 45% higher than the last full reward I got with the 25 person task force.
That seems crazy low to me in my current I got nearly 600k and time before that was over 800k gold
I'm guessing you are several levels higher than me (at that point I was level 30). Rewards are not only scaled by Force Points earned and task force size, but also player level. I think I get about 20% higher than someone in my task force that's only a level or two behind me.

The point of the post though was that if you're concerned about rewards and think you're getting more just because you're in a larger task force doing higher Ops...then you're wrong. When I left The People's Arm we were a 25 man group working on the 6th Op...the rewards for beating the 2nd Op in a 5 man force were almost 50% greater.

how does this coordination bit work? I'm not sure I see the point. Shouldn't you be able to see damage done by previous players and figure out what needs done?

Here's how I think it should work: The strongest players should come up where they want to attack. The weaker players can follow suit, and keep attacking the same general area. No real need for coordination, you can work independently and try to leverage damage done by the previous attacker.
Ha...Not sure if you realize it...but you're coordinating here by having the stronger players go first and the less strong follow suit. You'd be surprised at how tough it is to get 25 people of all ages, levels, medals, and skill levels to follow even that most simple of plans like that. Soon as you start an operation weaker people jump in so they can take out a couple easy targets and power cells.

You definitely don't need to eclipse best to get them. Just an fyi - if you are over 300 you get 2 shards instead of just 1
This is correct. You get your personal reward every day and it's based on your highest medal count in the last 24 hours. Previous highs are said to not matter.

MCGas...if you think you didn't get one, it's probably because you failed to use yours from the previous day. But from what I understand, you forfeit your previous day's boat when the new one comes. (same with operation reward boat). Perhaps the rewards were so similar in the replacement boat that you didn't notice it was replaced? Or, Maybe the reward you had sitting was greater than the new one...so it allowed you to keep it? The boat comes every day at the same time...7pm Central time for me.

There was a point where I was intentionally letting my medal count go down...I have never not gotten my reward...but then again I've never let one sit for 24 hours either.

I'm curious at what point everyone started feeling that statues which give you a Percent Change to Get Power Stones is useful? I've been of the opinion that at lower levels (below 30) other attributes are more important...but expect they will be super helpful down the road. My HQ is level 13 now, I'm maxed at 6 statues and starting to have to make tough decisions on which statues to harvest. I have not had to harvest a masterpiece yet...but I will have the option soon. I'm hoping to upgrade my HQ tonight and then the sculptor in the next 48 hours here and wondering if %chance should ideally be my next statue. Or...should I have a decent one already? I've rolled some low to mid level guardian ones thus far and not kept them.

If the answer is now...i'd be choosing between replacing either 11% to troop health or 8% to troop damage (likely this).

You really should have one yes. Hard to say definitively where the break point is between taking a PSC statue vs GBE/TH/TD/RR... I got lucky and rolled a 64% PSC masterpiece relatively early. I'd say once you get in the 50s for sure keep one?

Definitely wait for a decent masterpiece level PSC. guardian level aren't good enough to get rid of other statue types.

Level 49 and I don't think I have ever placed a PSC statue. If anything I have too many stones without it.

21% all resources MP that I keep boosted.

Resource reward, Troop health/Damage, Building health/Damage MPs

The rest are 13% building healths.

Currently waiting for a MP Gunboat energy to replace something.

Level 49 and I don't think I have ever placed a PSC statue. If anything I have too many stones without it.
level 51 and am same

I have 107 powders in the bank too that I haven't felt like I've needed to use to keep production running constantly, when I do boost, I boost the GBE/TD/RR MPs

My current statue levels are....

GBE MP = 39%

GBE G = 16%

GBE G = 15%

TH MP = 27%

TD MP = 25%

TD G = 11%

RR MP = 45%

RR G = 19%

DBD MP = 31%

DBH MP = 30%

21% all resources MP that I keep boosted.

Resource reward, Troop health/Damage, Building health/Damage MPs

The rest are 13% building healths.

Currently waiting for a MP Gunboat energy to replace something.
OK...I thought you were saying your MPs were so good that you were just sitting around with a bunch of gems that were worthless. I look at it as the statues are the most important and powerful thing in the game and the %chance would help me generate more MPs.

Interesting that you boost the all resources...I've got a 22% one that I've considered boosting...but doing the math it just doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference. More importantly in my mind..it also means I'll generate too many resources to protect and will get attacked more.

In the end, it all just comes down to what geeks one out and keeps them excited. I seem to have a very different strategy than others I play with.

level 51 and am same

I have 107 powders in the bank too that I haven't felt like I've needed to use to keep production running constantly, when I do boost, I boost the GBE/TD/RR MPs

GBE MP = 39%

GBE G = 16%

GBE G = 15%

TH MP = 27%

TD MP = 25%

TD G = 11%

RR MP = 45%

RR G = 19%

DBD MP = 31%

DBH MP = 30%
Thanks for the input...that's a lot of GBE and RR. It's no surprise you don't need to worry about production.

How long have you guys been playing to get to level 50ish? Did you buy gems? Is there a point in the game that it feels like you have to buy gems to keep progressing?

I bought once early on and was surprised at how little it did at the time.

Haven't bought gems. I'm such a high level because I've been improving all my units and defenses as I go. I am pretty casual so I mostly play a few minutes in the morning and again in the evening. The All resource boost will be the first to go once I get a MP gunboat.

My main enjoyment is battling for and keeping the resource bases, currently at 34.

yeah, I'm finding that I enjoy the game even more now that I don't have to log in 10 times a day since upgrades no longer take 2-3 hours. My wife also can't give me as much crap since I probably only spend 30 minutes a day at this point. (though clearly I'm spending more time outside the game talking about it than I am in it right now :bag: )

I also focus on resource bases....I just uncovered a 900 wood one the other day (huge for my level) and it's gone back and forth like 6 times already. I also like the planning behind trying to get enough resources for a big upgrade...timing Terror, Player bases, rewards, production, and submarine loot. My goal is to always use less than 50 gems for an upgrade.

level 51 and am same

GBE MP = 39%

GBE G = 16%

GBE G = 15%

TH MP = 27%

TD MP = 25%

TD G = 11%

RR MP = 45%

RR G = 19%

DBD MP = 31%

DBH MP = 30%
Thanks for the input...that's a lot of GBE and RR. It's no surprise you don't need to worry about production.

How long have you guys been playing to get to level 50ish? Did you buy gems? Is there a point in the game that it feels like you have to buy gems to keep progressing?

I bought once early on and was surprised at how little it did at the time.
I think I started in July of 2014. Have not bought any gems. My other account seems to really drag, so I'm guessing around level 43 is when I started to feel like I had to just be patient keep chugging away. Around level 47-48 when I started having enough resources to upgrade my sculptor, armory and hq did I feel like it really picked up again.

Users who are viewing this thread