What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Buy Low... (1 Viewer)

tunamelt warrior

Footballguy
Kyle Orton---- coming off a bye week, and many still don't realize he's averaging nearly 20 points a game the last 4 weeks

Antone Smith, Matt Ryan---- also coming off a bye week, with a highly favorable schedule down the stretch

Theo Riddick--- grab and hold before the next Reggie Bush injury. This kid has skills, and may get looks even with Reggie playing

LeGarrette Blount--- the Steelers are leaning more on the passing game, and used Blount as their bruiser between the tackles, not LeVeon Bell. Bell was used more effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. The Steelers passing game is no fluke. Big Ben and M. Bryant are probably already gone on your waiver wire, so obviously they can't be "buy lows." M. Wheaton might be available, however.

Jarvis Landry/Charles Clay--- second and third in looks only to Mike Wallace, and gaining...

Kyle Rudolph---- back in Week 11, and Chase Ford is putting up good numbers in Rudolph's stead. Rudolph regains his spot and becomes Bridgewater's new security blanket.

Mychal Rivera----- the TE for the Raiders has 20 targets and 2 TDs the last two weeks

Denver Broncos defense----- playing the Raiders and Rams the next two weeks

Kyle Orton---- coming off a bye week, and many still don't realize he's averaging nearly 20 points a game the last 4 weeks

Antone Smith, Matt Ryan---- also coming off a bye week, with a highly favorable schedule down the stretch

Theo Riddick--- grab and hold before the next Reggie Bush injury. This kid has skills, and may get looks even with Reggie playing

LeGarrette Blount--- the Steelers are leaning more on the passing game, and used Blount as their bruiser between the tackles, not LeVeon Bell. Bell was used more effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. The Steelers passing game is no fluke. Big Ben and M. Bryant are probably already gone on your waiver wire, so obviously they can't be "buy lows." M. Wheaton might be available, however.

Jarvis Landry/Charles Clay--- second and third in looks only to Mike Wallace, and gaining...

Kyle Rudolph---- back in Week 11, and Chase Ford is putting up good numbers in Rudolph's stead. Rudolph regains his spot and becomes Bridgewater's new security blanket.

Mychal Rivera----- the TE for the Raiders has 20 targets and 2 TDs the last two weeks

This seems more like a waiver wire list than a buy low.

I would add Shane Vereen to the list. I know he's not technically a buy low, but he is on bye week this week, and maybe you could swing a deal to get him for a team that is facing the bye week crunch. The Patriots offense is trending up, and especially in a PPR league, Vereen seems like a strong RB2.

Crabtree - blind faith he gets more work later in the year, should have had a TD this week (refs blew it)

Fred Jackson - the two guys they got aren't gonna keep him off the field

Rashad Jennings - see above

Keenan Allen - top 20 in targets, on bye this week so may be discounted more

Sanu - AJ"s back so I think people won't value him much especially in dynasty/keeper, but he should still be useful

Rivers off that horrible performance, and he has a bye this week. Another owner might not be able to afford to wait a week and maybe he can be had for cheaper than he should go.

tunamelt warrior said:

I like your list.

just curious what makes you smith from atl? they have not really followed through on saying they would get him more involved... why would they now?

also very interested in Riddick. he is the only rb making plays for them right now.

any chance sankey starts doing something for TN? they have been so bad though

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta's schedule for the rest of the year, along with their opponents defensive ranking against the pass, where Antone excels (also Julio, Roddy, etc.). Antone was doing pretty well against tougher defenses, and it just gets easier for him from here on out....

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

Defensive rankings per nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

NREC34 said:
Would you drop Cameron to pick up Rivera?
Who else do you have at TE? If they are doing okay for you, hold on to Cameron. He should be back Week 11, and when Josh Gordon is back in Week 12, defenses will not be able to double Cameron. If you need someone now, Rivera is a nice add imo.

NREC34 said:
Who else do you have at TE? If they are doing okay for you, hold on to Cameron. He should be back Week 11, and when Josh Gordon is back in Week 12, defenses will not be able to double Cameron. If you need someone now, Rivera is a nice add imo.
No one. The plan was to just play Cameron all year no matter what but then he got the concussion. I played Wright last week which didn't work out too well. It doesn't matter now though. Someone else in my league picked up Rivera this afternoon. I didn't pull the trigger fast enough but I want to find out what happens with ADP anyway to see if McKinnon is cuttable which frees up a space to get another body at TE.

Crabtree - blind faith he gets more work later in the year, should have had a TD this week (refs blew it)

Fred Jackson - the two guys they got aren't gonna keep him off the field

Rashad Jennings - see above

Keenan Allen - top 20 in targets, on bye this week so may be discounted more

Sanu - AJ"s back so I think people won't value him much especially in dynasty/keeper, but he should still be useful
I just bought. He's a great target if you can wait it out one more week. Given how Williams has played, Jennings will no question be a true 3 down back starting week 11. You probably won't find another RB who has the upside of Jennings that is attainable without breaking the bank. He has legit (low) RB1 potential over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He could outperform guys like Lacy/Bernard/Bradshaw/Ingram for the ROS and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

tunamelt warrior said:
Any chance Ford continues to be part of the offense? He's played pretty well.

Cam - a couple bad games in a row and the Panthers look like they're falling apart. 8 passing TDs on the year so far. But looks like decent matchups the rest of the season and in dynasty he may never be lower. Of course his owner may look past all that.

agreed on Orton, the price may be a WW pick.

tunamelt warrior said:
Atlanta's schedule for the rest of the year, along with their opponents defensive ranking against the pass, where Antone excels (also Julio, Roddy, etc.). Antone was doing pretty well against tougher defenses, and it just gets easier for him from here on out....

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
yep i just bought matt ryan low imo (gave up sims)

tunamelt warrior said:

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

Someone gave you Ryan for Sims? Is this a redraft league?

tunamelt warrior said:

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

yes. His other qb was big ben and he owns the tb backfield

tunamelt warrior said:

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

It's still a farcical trade in a redraft league with more than 8 teams.

Brandon Marshall, surprised he hasn't been mentioned more often.

. Not sure what to give up for Julio. You'd think he will turn it around after his recent games.

I don't really get the Matt Ryan love. Their OL is a mess with injuries. Even if he has top tier weapons, that means little if he has no time in the pocket. He isn't a great road QB and still has four road games left this season.

. Not sure what to give up for Julio. You'd think he will turn it around after his recent games.
Just traded for Marshall and might be looking to move Julio for a RB. That OLine has me spooked. I understand the schedule is relatively soft, but if Ryan can't throw what good is it to have Julio?

Don't think he has been mentioned yet but I am going to see if I can snatch Ryan Mathews up on the cheap. Should be back to starting roles after the bye.

Isotopes said:
tunamelt warrior said:

+1

There was some talk yesterday in the week 9 buy low thread. I just bought. The old Bandon Marshall didn't go anywhere...he'll show up very soon

tunamelt warrior said:

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

:shrug: if 8 QBs start, I'd probably give Ryan for Sims in redraft, PPR too.

Marshall was offered to me for McCoy. no thanks.

Well sure, Marshall and McCoy are in similar situations and McCoy has already started the process of getting back on track and his offense is operating better. Plus, top RBs are far more reliable and rare than WRs. Both have great potentional but for me a potential top RB beats a potential top WR almost every time. I don't think you turning down that offer really says anything to the value of Marshall though.

Well sure, Marshall and McCoy are in similar situations and McCoy has already started the process of getting back on track and his offense is operating better. Plus, top RBs are far more reliable and rare than WRs. Both have great potentional but for me a potential top RB beats a potential top WR almost every time. I don't think you turning down that offer really says anything to the value of Marshall though.
no, but that the Marshall owner expected McCoy says something about his perceived value.

Isotopes said:
tunamelt warrior said:

:Thumbsup:

Jerrick McKinnon, if his owner believes AP will be reinstated soon and you think he won't.
As a McKinnon owner, as strange as it sounds, I grabbed AP as a handcuff. Possibly the greatest handcuff in the league, but a handcuff none the less.

I have no idea whether he will or will not play this season, but I couldn't afford the risk of losing McKinnon to AP. So, I would be a hold until I found out what APs status will be and I presume most McKinnon owners who grabbed AP would likely feel the same way.

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

Any trade involving a QB for an RB in a one-QB league might look farcical on paper, but not in reality.

If you're going to roll with Big Ben, it makes sense to deal Ryan for whatever you can get.

Of course, potential trading partners know they have the leverage, since Ryan becomes, in effect, a dead roster spot.

So the Ryan owner gets lowball offers, but value is a subjective concept.

In this case, the Ryan owner converts a dead roster spot into an upside player who might emerge late in the season.

This is what I did. Held Cameron, and dropped ASJ for Rivera.
Re: Cameron. It's been discussed in other threads, but I don't think Gordon's return will help Cameron. Last year, Cameron's numbers and targets took a big hit when Gordon emerged, and now you have Hawkins and Gabriel getting their share of underneath stuff that used to go to Cameron.

This is what I did. Held Cameron, and dropped ASJ for Rivera.
Re: Cameron. It's been discussed in other threads, but I don't think Gordon's return will help Cameron. Last year, Cameron's numbers and targets took a big hit when Gordon emerged, and now you have Hawkins and Gabriel getting their share of underneath stuff that used to go to Cameron.
We shall see. I just couldn't bring myself to cut him, only to see him put up numbers in the final 6 weeks on someone else's team.

Anyone see Carlos Hyde getting more action without Gore going down? Can pick him up for my bench if nothing else.

Cam Newton has the easiest schedule among QBs going forward. Good target for people who lost Foles.

Giovani Bernard has a nice schedule, and Hill isn't taking his job. Also gotta think Cinci will be extremely run heavy after Dalton basically had the worst game by a QB in some time. Could see 20+ touches a week for Bernard and 10-15 for Hill, which is probably what they should have been doing all season.

I'll say I like V-Jax. He's been pretty solid the last month or so, and had a good game last week against Haden. Still a top-25 guy in my opinion, and I prefer him to Evans.

Rob Gronkowski isn't a traditional buy-low, but I think his trade value is much lower than his actual value. I will make a bold statement and say that Gronkowski is the #1 player I'd want on my team. Not just #1 TE, but #1 player.

Anyone see Carlos Hyde getting more action without Gore going down? Can pick him up for my bench if nothing else.
Gore didn't go down - he is being held down by Harbaugh not running the ball enough .. Hyde would be victim to the same stupid play calling - his time will be next year

I think FJax could be a cheap acquisition that should get a lot of touches probably starting next week. Good flex option especially in a ppr.

Week 10 Tampa Bay #31

Week 11 Carolina #17

Week 12 Cleveland #18

Week 13 Arizona #32

Week 14 Green Bay #9

Week 15 Pittsburgh #19

Week 16 New Orleans #27

No it isn't. QBs have little trade value in any leagues I'm in. There's often only one or two teams who would even give up a roster spot for another QB. Especially Matt Ryan who's looked like garbage for weeks now.

I like the trade, but that's about the price for a waiver wire type QB like Matt Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread