What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Buy Low... (1 Viewer)

Crabtree - blind faith he gets more work later in the year, should have had a TD this week (refs blew it)

Fred Jackson - the two guys they got aren't gonna keep him off the field

Rashad Jennings - see above

Keenan Allen - top 20 in targets, on bye this week so may be discounted more

Sanu - AJ"s back so I think people won't value him much especially in dynasty/keeper, but he should still be useful
I just bought. He's a great target if you can wait it out one more week. Given how Williams has played, Jennings will no question be a true 3 down back starting week 11. You probably won't find another RB who has the upside of Jennings that is attainable without breaking the bank. He has legit (low) RB1 potential over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He could outperform guys like Lacy/Bernard/Bradshaw/Ingram for the ROS and is a heck of a lot cheaper.
what did it take to get him?

I traded Big Ben for Rashad Jennings prior to last weeks 2nd consecutive 6 td performance for reference.

Owners with the following Panthers may be panicking with recent poor performances....

1. Cam Newton-----let's face it, Cam has been terrible lately and it affects the below players tremendously

2. Kelvin Benjamin

3. Greg Olsen

A nice schedule is coming up!

Anybody targeting AJ Green? I know that Dalton massively sucked, but AJ has been surviving him for awhile and has favorable matchups coming up.

Owners with the following Panthers may be panicking with recent poor performances....

1. Cam Newton-----let's face it, Cam has been terrible lately and it affects the below players tremendously

2. Kelvin Benjamin

3. Greg Olsen

A nice schedule is coming up!
Olsen is a top 4 te this year, don't think anyone is selling cheap. KB in redraft could be a decent buy, he's likely expensive in dynasty.

Anybody targeting AJ Green? I know that Dalton massively sucked, but AJ has been surviving him for awhile and has favorable matchups coming up.
If you can find an owner who doesn't want too much for him...might be hard to find though.

Crabtree - blind faith he gets more work later in the year, should have had a TD this week (refs blew it)

Fred Jackson - the two guys they got aren't gonna keep him off the field

Rashad Jennings - see above

Keenan Allen - top 20 in targets, on bye this week so may be discounted more

Sanu - AJ"s back so I think people won't value him much especially in dynasty/keeper, but he should still be useful
I just bought. He's a great target if you can wait it out one more week. Given how Williams has played, Jennings will no question be a true 3 down back starting week 11. You probably won't find another RB who has the upside of Jennings that is attainable without breaking the bank. He has legit (low) RB1 potential over the last 5 or 6 weeks. He could outperform guys like Lacy/Bernard/Bradshaw/Ingram for the ROS and is a heck of a lot cheaper.
what did it take to get him?
Not much. 4th rd pick next year in a keep 2 league

Any thoughts on Garçon the rest of the way in redraft? Or has DeSean's presence rendered him useless?
I think he's someone you can actually buy low, has an amazing schedule down the stretch and has the potential to get a significant boost with the return of Griffin. They've shown a strong connection in the past, stronger than Griffin has with DJax. That didn't show itself last game, but it's just one game.

Kyle Orton---- coming off a bye week, and many still don't realize he's averaging nearly 20 points a game the last 4 weeks

Antone Smith, Matt Ryan---- also coming off a bye week, with a highly favorable schedule down the stretch

Theo Riddick--- grab and hold before the next Reggie Bush injury. This kid has skills, and may get looks even with Reggie playing

LeGarrette Blount--- the Steelers are leaning more on the passing game, and used Blount as their bruiser between the tackles, not LeVeon Bell. Bell was used more effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. The Steelers passing game is no fluke. Big Ben and M. Bryant are probably already gone on your waiver wire, so obviously they can't be "buy lows." M. Wheaton might be available, however.

Jarvis Landry/Charles Clay--- second and third in looks only to Mike Wallace, and gaining...

Kyle Rudolph---- back in Week 11, and Chase Ford is putting up good numbers in Rudolph's stead. Rudolph regains his spot and becomes Bridgewater's new security blanket.

Mychal Rivera----- the TE for the Raiders has 20 targets and 2 TDs the last two weeks

Denver Broncos defense----- playing the Raiders and Rams the next two weeks
I'll go a different direction here.

RB- Reggie Bush is a good buy low.

Yes he is injury prone but for the first time since week 4 he is healthy. And for the first time since week 3 both him and Calvin Johnson are healthy. With a healthy Calvin Johnson and a solid Golden Tate around to keep defenses occupied it should help the Lions run game immensely. Bell was very average when given top dog duties and now a fresh Reggie Bush emerges at just the right time. Yes, Riddick has looked good in flashes but remember up until this point he has only seen significant snaps in games where either Bell or Bush have been hurt. It will be interesting to see how the snap count works out tomorrow but I think it will be a lot lower for Riddick than some people expect. I say he plays maybe 10-20% of the snaps and on some of those snaps Bush will be on the field as well.

People have to remember how good Bush was last season. To assume he is completely done now seems a bit silly.

Riddick is a decent speculative depth add but I think it is Bush who is the good Buy Low Candidate. Bush is on the waiver wire in some leagues and can be had for very low in others and Bush is the starting running back that will likely see the most touches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyle Orton---- coming off a bye week, and many still don't realize he's averaging nearly 20 points a game the last 4 weeks

Antone Smith, Matt Ryan---- also coming off a bye week, with a highly favorable schedule down the stretch

Theo Riddick--- grab and hold before the next Reggie Bush injury. This kid has skills, and may get looks even with Reggie playing

LeGarrette Blount--- the Steelers are leaning more on the passing game, and used Blount as their bruiser between the tackles, not LeVeon Bell. Bell was used more effectively as a receiver out of the backfield. The Steelers passing game is no fluke. Big Ben and M. Bryant are probably already gone on your waiver wire, so obviously they can't be "buy lows." M. Wheaton might be available, however.

Jarvis Landry/Charles Clay--- second and third in looks only to Mike Wallace, and gaining...

Kyle Rudolph---- back in Week 11, and Chase Ford is putting up good numbers in Rudolph's stead. Rudolph regains his spot and becomes Bridgewater's new security blanket.

Mychal Rivera----- the TE for the Raiders has 20 targets and 2 TDs the last two weeks

Denver Broncos defense----- playing the Raiders and Rams the next two weeks
I'll go a different direction here.

RB- Reggie Bush is a good buy low.

Yes he is injury prone but for the first time since week 4 he is healthy. And for the first time since week 3 both him and Calvin Johnson are healthy. With a healthy Calvin Johnson and a solid Golden Tate around to keep defenses occupied it should help the Lions run game immensely. Bell was very average when given top dog duties and now a fresh Reggie Bush emerges at just the right time. Yes, Riddick has looked good in flashes but remember up until this point he has only seen significant snaps in games where either Bell or Bush have been hurt. It will be interesting to see how the snap count works out tomorrow but I think it will be a lot lower for Riddick than some people expect. I say he plays maybe 10-20% of the snaps and on some of those snaps Bush will be on the field as well.

People have to remember how good Bush was last season. To assume he is completely done now seems a bit silly.

Riddick is a decent speculative depth add but I think it is Bush who is the good Buy Low Candidate. Bush is on the waiver wire in some leagues and can be had for very low in others and Bush is the starting running back that will likely see the most touches.
I don't think anyone should be counting on either 3 at this point. Riddick has shown he's a perfect 3rd down back. This situation will be frustrating for fantasy owners. I see Bush/Bell splitting first and second downs. Riddick playing any 3rd and more than 4 yards. And Bell taking any 3rd and 3 or less and GL snaps. If anything, Bell should put up more TD's and therefore the best FF play of the 3. But none will be more than an inconsistent RB2 while all are healthy.

Love it as a Lions fan, hate it as a FF player.

Users who are viewing this thread